Pacific Lutheran University Employee Review

View all Pacific Lutheran University reviews

The best company I have ever worked for.
Residence Hall Front Desk Worker (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 13, 2013
I worked with PLU in other capacities than just this job over the course of my four years as a student, but this was the most recent one. A typical day working the front desk for the dorm involved monitoring each person coming and going from the dorm to make sure residents and their guests were safe. Handling of a "money box" and regulating the use of dorm equipment occupied a significant amount of daily time as well. Co-workers were other dorm-mates, so we were able to all become close co-workers.
Pros
study while you work (after other tasks are completed), speak to and interact with people professionally.
Cons
none.

Other Pacific Lutheran University Employee Reviews

Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 26, 2017
PLU is a great place to work.
Benefit package is phenomenal, with paid time off in late December and an additional 40 hours paid time off in the summer. Medical benefits are good too.
People tend to stay at PLU for a long time, there is a different atmosphere here.
Great place to work while pursuing my doctoral degree.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 21, 2017
I have worked as a teaching assistant while pursuing my doctoral degree. I have been able to gain valuable experience with teaching at the university level, while being well supported by the Dean and fellow faculty members.