If you are a very experienced and very creative media design professional that is well versed in all aspects of video development and web based media, let’s talk. Editing, animation, and motion effects creation are central needs of this position. Directing video and production skills are important, but secondary.
Pacific Media is an award winning digital media communications company in the San Francisco Bay area. We provide video, interactive and on-line media creation services to corporate, government, and educational clientele. Pacific Media’s creative solutions help our clients achieve strategic business and organization goals.
- This is a full-time opportunity that may begin as contract employment with the potential for conversion to regular full-time employment.
- This position will be on-site at our Santa Clara, CA headquarters.
Responsibilities and Job Qualifications
- Visualize and design compelling concepts for video, interactive and web based media and drive them through to timely completion.
- Final Cut advanced expertise with creative style.
- Advanced understanding of After Effects is a must. Knowledge of other similar related tools is essential.
- A mastery of Illustrator and Photoshop is a must. Ideally you have some drawing realistically and maybe even cartoon style (not a critical need).
- Demonstrated experience with a number of digital encoding tools including Cleaner XL/Sorenson Squeeze and understanding of general deployment requirements to optimize for the client’s needs.
- A proven design and aesthetic sensibility. Clearly and precisely communicate artistic concepts.
- Aware of platform/browser issues and DVD delivery requirements as well as HD/SD needs and work flow. Familiar with file size optimization, the web-safe color palette and browser/platform issues.
- Solid familiarity with broadcast quality cameras, audio equipment, and other production tools and the related production requirements.
- Video production experience, such as directing and/or being behind the camera (pls specify in your resume) will be valuable.
- Support the business side of the company by supporting on-going business operation needs (approximately up to 10% of your time).
Personal Work Style
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- A willingness to experiment with outside-the-box creative solutions.
- Must be able to “think on your feet,” provide flexibility, offer quick revisions and have an arsenal of applied creative abilities.
- Can successfully troubleshoot own work with attention to detail.
- Has a “can do” attitude which includes willingness to work outside your core competency and to share some of the business operational tasks.
- Flexible and willing to work outside of your core competency as a team player.
- A self-starter to proactively support changes and improvements and look for better ways to do the work.
- Ability to work in a small team environment and yet can focus attention to the task at hand.
- Good client interface communication skills.
- Meet tight deadlines in a fast paced environment, and occasionally, extremely aggressive deadlines.
- Highly motivated to learn new tools and stay up to date on current tools.
This is a full time on-site position. It may begin as a contract position to determine fit.
Required Experience and Education
Candidates should possess a minimum of 8 years of editing and motion graphics experience in a media production environment with demonstrated skills in each of the key competency areas noted above. Experience creating media for corporate business communication is a requirement.
BA/BS degree in film/television or other media degree with an emphasis on graphic and motion visual design is required.
Please email a link to a reel of examples that demonstrate creative corporate design and execution.
Salary is based on experience and demonstrated talent. We offer an industry competitive benefit package to our full time employees.
We invite you to learn more about us by reviewing our website at: http://www.pacificmedia.com .
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Reposting this message elsewhere is NOT OK.