Pacific Medical Centers Employee Reviews

Pretty Great Place to Work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 11, 2017
I loved everything about working here except they do not have great employee benefits for the downtown seattle employees. They also do not compensate enough for the level of work that is expected.
Pros
Culture, Coworkers, most management
Cons
benefits and compensation
Fun and productive atmosphere
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 8, 2017
I love pacific medical centers! Especially my co-works and supervisor. Pacmeds culture is inviting and caring. But they are not very competitive when it comes to pay and you do get burnt out before the end of the week. Although it has been a great experience working here and I would recommend it for externs and new grads.
Pros
Hour lunch, Pto, Benefits and discounts
Cons
Poor pay, Super stressful
Oncology/Hematology and Infusion Specialty, RN (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 5, 2017
too many managers that don't know what's going on. great staff team work, great coworkers. good place for people newer to health care looking for employment. not much room for advancement and continued learning as RN
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
expect too much
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 28, 2017
A typical day at work is coming in the morning make my coffee log in on the phones helping the patient with whatever is needed like an appointments, need to talk to a nurse, returning a call etc. The hardest part of the job is getting yelled at and not saying anything but most of the time they are not yelling at you just the situation. They most enjoyable part is seeing the coworkers that make you laugh and have fun through out the day.
Expect to work overtime, but management does their best to be supportive
RN (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 11, 2017
Many employees, including myself, divide their time between clinics. The phones ar extremely busy, so RNs spend a great deal of time handling triage calls. When I started here seven years ago, the culture was fantastic. Everybody was team oriented, and it felt very much like a family. Since the merger with Providence and Swedish, the general mood has become much more negative. A large number of people have left - both providers and support staff - and many departments are routinely understaffed. This makes it difficult on everybody. The culture has become much more about looking out for oneself.
Compensation for RNs is good, although many MAs have left for better pay.
Wost job ever!!!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAMay 10, 2017
This job is extremely stressful. Pacmed puts too much of a work load on their employees. Lack of support from management, everything is basically politics
Pros
Cons
workload, under appreciation, stress
Management in specialties sucks
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 23, 2017
Expect a lot of you, but don't give you the time or tools to help you succeed. Doctor that I work for is nowhere near self sufficient and expects MA to do everything and likes to write nasty emails to management
fun and busy
MA Student Extern (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAApril 5, 2017
Great place to work . I did my internship here and learned a lot. Great team and work environment. Fast paced. I highly recommend anyone to work here , great company.
Great Coworkers but terrible wages and management
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WAMarch 15, 2017
Having been employed at Pac Med for almost 7 years, and being one of the best medical assistance they have, the are not good at showing any appreciation towards successes and the annual raises are usually between $0.25 - $0.50 which is not enough to live and support a family on. Additionally, management and the CEO of the company do not have the best ideals for how to deal with employees and manage a medical facility.
Pros
The fact that I am leaving soon is a pro, thats about it
Cons
Unreasonable work load, lack of respect for employees, low pay, no opportunity for advancement
working at PMC was a great experience. People there are very nice .pleasant to work with
Patient Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 6, 2017
worked at PMC for almost 10 years. I loved to help patients. It was a great company to work for. I would help patients on a regular basis by going over there account and insurance information to make sure they would understand there deductibles and co insurances on there plan.
Pros
great parties
Cons
more training on new systems
Benefits are great...BUT
undisclosed (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 20, 2017
Their training and policies are ambiguous at best and subject to interpretation that varies day to day. There is no clear set standards for their policies or training. The benefits and location are great, the managers - not quite so much.

It's a great place to work if you can handle being micromanaged and feedback that exceeds "nitpicking".
Enjoyable part of the job
Surgery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 3, 2017
Pacific Medical Center has a great work culture that the company values. Management and co-workers shows respect and shows how an employee is a valuable asset to the company.
Reality of job wasn't what I was told
Psychotherapist (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WANovember 30, 2016
Hiring process was very long and unclear. Then, the job I thought I would be doing turned out to be very different, and I did not feel supported in learning.
Good PTO, but few opportunities to move up
Patient Services (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 18, 2015
PacMed offer great PTO (29 days per year including holidays). Heath insurance is average. Coworkers are great, management is ok. I enjoy working with patients, but do not see much opportunity to grow with the company
Pros
Good PTO
Cons
No opportunities
Fun work place but the office had poor lighting.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle WaOctober 13, 2015
Extremely fun work environment. Supportive management but with little opportunity to grow. The office had poor lighting. It definitely could use a remodel.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Poor lighting
Productive and Calm
Administration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WA and Renton, WA.August 28, 2015
Busy, productive, staff did there work, little time to socialize with others, management on their feet, seeing to the task of others, over all PacMed has a fantastic group of people working to their establishment. friendly environment for both staff and patients.
Best part of my job was working as a team member and helping others, especially the patients. knowing by the end of my day, my work was complete.
Pros
Yearly Bonuses
Worked with team of seasoned HR professionals, willing to provide support and on-going learning
HR Recruiter/Generalist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 28, 2015
Recruitment team had their hands in many projects that are usually owned by other areas of HR. Position provided experience to other areas of HR other than full cycle recruitment responsibilities, enabling someone to gain more generalist experience. Team and company encouraged on-going learning and advancement across departments. Company was very dedicated to exploring all options for keeping staff during layoffs.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement, on-going learning encouraged, dedicated to keeping as much staff as possible employed through company wide layoffs
Cons
C suite too invloved in everyday operations that should be handled by management level.
Review
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 23, 2015
Great place to work. Management very supportive. Physicians and staff very engaged with internal advancement. Excellent educational opportunities.
Very nice place to work. Staff are friendly and look out for each others best interests physically and emotionally.
Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 19, 2015
Very busy. There are a lot of things to be done to make sure we are capturing what we need to make a lasting experience for our patients. Co-workers are very personable. Our management is very supportive. I really like it here.
Pros
Company celebrations and potlucks are great.
Cons
The surrounding area has high crime. Many of my co-workers cars have been broken into or stolen.
Pacific Medical Center was an excellent place to work.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  SeattleApril 23, 2014
Management didn't seem to think that I was doing a good enough job but the people with whom I worked every day were satisfied with my performance. The hardest part of the job was switching back and forth between A/P and Payroll.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Medical Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

Pacific Medical Centers Reviews by Location