Pacific Mercantile Bank Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Pacific Mecantile Bank was a growing organization who focused on employees training and life balance.
AVP, Construction Loan Administrator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 9, 2017
The Construction loan department was a new department as the bank was just starting this area of the bank up. able to bring to the table on 32 years of experience for the organization and was involved in writing policies and procedures.
Growing Culture of Core Values and Collabration
Management Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAApril 28, 2017
The leaders are actively promoting building a culture of collaboration and values. The on-going communication to reach every employee and transparencies is appreciated and as an employee I understand the direction the Bank is going.

I really like the people here, they are experienced and dedicated. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our processes and we work together to brainstorm as a team.
Pros
Location, time off, core values
Cons
I like the benefits, but I wish they had Kaiser.
Great environment with room to grow!
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CANovember 17, 2016
I have been working here for about 6 months and can already see the room for growth in PMB. Management sets you up for success with goals to reach and reviews for open conversations about your strengths and opportunities. Everyone is friendly and tries to help you to succeed every chance they get!
Pros
Support to Grow
Great Environment to Work
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 25, 2016
PMB always put their employees first. They provide the necessity to the staff to get the work done on time and accurately. I enjoy working with good people at PMB.
Pros
Employee Recognition quarterly and annually
Cons
No room to Grow
Job Summary
Temp (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAApril 23, 2014
Provide high-level administrative support to Executive Management and department staff by conducting research, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondences, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings. Project a professional company image through in-person and phone interaction.

• Manage and maintain Executives’ schedules.
• Collect and maintain Monthly Board & Management Meeting items.
• Prepare agendas and make arrangements, such as coordinating catering for committee, board, and other meetings.
• Setup and coordinate meetings and conferences.
• Attend meetings and record minutes.
• Review operating practices and procedures to determine whether improvements can be made in areas such as workflow, reporting procedures, or expenditures.
• Collect and maintain Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual Compliance Documentation.
• Assist in coordination of internal and external audits.
• Make travel arrangements for executives.
• Create and modify documents using Microsoft Office.
• Meet and greet clients and visitors.
• Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing.
• Maintain hard copy and electronic filing system for corporate documents, records, and reports.
• Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including e-mail and faxes.
• Sign for and distribute UPS/Fed Ex/Airborne packages.
• Research, price, and purchase office furniture and supplies.

• Coordinate and maintain records
  more... for staff office space & keys, phones, and company credit cards.
• Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages
• Support staff in assigned project based work.
• Assist other Departments as necessary
• Other duties as assigned.
Wonderful co-workers
Pre-Funding Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAFebruary 11, 2014
Great work experience, constant learning environment. Mortgage division closing March 2014
Intense, Corporate
Sales Representative/ Business Development (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 4, 2014
My typical day at work with dealing with different types of issues and clients. I learned how to multitask and finish each task efficiently. I worked very well with my manager. I enjoyed my coworkers and will continue our lasting friendships. The most difficult part of my job was the company going through major transitions that were out of my control. They just recently announced they will closing our division. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping clients and building relationships.
Pros
Worked well with my manager, coworkers.
Cons
Industry
Great opportunity but Senior Management on the Mortgage side not professional.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodland HillsJanuary 26, 2013
Having a FDIC Bank to work from with a State Charter is an incredible opportunity however the Management at the top on the Mortgage side of the Bank lacks the knowledge needed for a successful combination of Product, Services and Competitive Pricing along with qualified personnel to keep the production flow moving. Many challenges which could have been fixed but the culture did not allow for suggestions. Subsequently, they have already downsized and eliminated most of the upper management that was the problem. Wish them luck!
Pros
having a state chartered bank to base operations from ++
Cons
wrong people in the top spots.
Great!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CADecember 28, 2012
Great place to work! Great management and work security and atmosphere...
I learned great things from management and their great system!
Great learning experience
Commercial Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJuly 9, 2012
Pacific Mercantile Bank gave me the opportunity to experience life/work in the real world. I learned more in one year at Pacific Mercantile than I did in four years at the University of Colorado.
Pros
strong leadership, good benefits and compensation with great hands on training.
Cons
minimal opportunity for long-term growth.
Productive place to work
Loan Servicing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CaMarch 11, 2012
It is a challenging and exciting place to work. Because the front end system, datatrac was constantly changing, the back end, loan servicing also needed to be changing. This made it challenging and interesting at the same time. It makes the days go by so fast!
Pros
a family atmosphere and very constant.
Cons
no negatives to speak of.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Mercantile Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Pacific Mercantile Bank Reviews by Location