Pacific Natural Foods

Pacific Natural Foods Employer Reviews

Great experience with production/warehouse
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Tualatin, ORFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: great hours, great benefits, great coworkers, good pay
Cons: in tualatin, or
The start of an average day at work is a morning meeting with my team. There I receive a rundown of what we are running and what my job assignment will be for the day. In that meeting I’m notified if I’m running downstream or if I’m working the robot and loading and receiving trucks.

When I am on the production floor, my job is to make sure that there’s – more... a constant flow of product with little or no down time at all. At the same time being responsible for my line and make sure I am producing quality product. I also maintain correct paperwork for QA and doing all my checks in time frame that is required for quality purposes.

What I have learned from Pacific Foods is quality is better then quantity. To make sure we produce the best product at the best of our ability.

In any job I have held, I’m well liked amongst my peers/coworkers and also have great communication with my TL's. I've worked well within a team and also independently. I also have great verbal and written skills to help communicate ideas and concerns to my Team Lead's.

The hardest part of this job is the 12hr shifts, but then again that would be hard on anybody's body. The most enjoyable part of the job is all the off time we have off because of the 12hr shifts. So, therefore it actually balances itself out. – less
Proactive
Team Leader (Current Employee), Tualatin, ORDecember 31, 2013
A typical day at work would ensure I have materials for manufacturing and people to run the machines. Following up with Materials and Maintenance to ensure product to make and machinery to make it.
stessful soup company
Aseptic Packaging FIller Operator (Current Employee), Tualatin, ORNovember 7, 2013
Operating packaging equipment everyday. Normal day something goes wrong which creates a lot of down time on the graveyard shift. For the most part, co-workers are the best part of the job. Management needs improving.
Disorganized management only care about production not employees
production operator (Current Employee), TualatinSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: mediocre wages and schedules
Cons: team leader's and production managers only care about production.
If you dont attend company events and involved in other employee personal lives they find ways to terminate you in addition saying anything bad about the company other employees I talked to said upper management gets their names and retaliates. Irrational and unrealistic upper management especially team leader expectations for employees and goals. Puts – more... employees' personal safety at risk 90 percent of the time. – less
outstanding work eniviorment
Processor (Former Employee), Tualatin, ORApril 15, 2013
Amazing work environment that helps employees to excel in a job field that is ever growing. Management is dedicated to ensure training.
They don't pay for what they are asking for, little chance of advancement
technician (Former Employee), tualatin, orJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: friendly atmosphere
Cons: pay, hours
Half your life becomes you being a slave with 12 hour shifts that end at rush hour
Not bad place, just wish they would advance employees that deserved it.
Process Technician (Former Employee), Tualatin, OROctober 23, 2012
Its not a bad place, they try and talk about how much they like to promote within the company. However they will never promote within. They will find some reason of why they wont advance employees.

Luisa – January 25, 2013

I'm personally responsible for recruiting and filling positions within the company and since they hired me as their dedicated recruiter, I have filled most of my lead positions with internal candidates. Perhaps in the past this was not the practice, but my personal committment to the employees of Pacific Foods is to promote if at all possible from within.

Good company to work for
Retort Operator and Dowstream (Current Employee), Tualatin, ORAugust 6, 2012
Pros: they pay for the school
Cons: no advancing within the company with out a degree
Working at Pacific Foods for the most part is a good company, but like any other company it has it's bad. I currently work swing shift which makes it difficult to work around with school and family. We start of our day with a shift change that includes detail's of day shift production. After we head to the production floor and begin my day pushing, – more... stacking and monitoring the retorts. The department I work in has great people, other department are not so nice. Overall I the company is a good company to work for but the shift does not work for me. – less