Pacific Natural Foods Employee Reviews in United States

Pacific Foods
Red Meat Processer B7 (Current Employee) –  Tualatin OregonAugust 6, 2015
My day to day work day is not as I've thought it would be like. My co-workers are amazing but my SO is was ruins the shift. People with power that shouldn't have power. But Tl's are amazing and management could be better. Hardest part of my job is dealing with all the rules and specs that they have in play. I've learned a lot at pacific foods. If I explained it, it would be 7 pages long. My enjoyable moment of my day is when my shift is over.
Pros
Na
Cons
Meh
great place to work
Filler and Retort Operator (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORSeptember 3, 2015
This is a wonderful company to work for the hours are long (12 hours) but you work a rotating 3/4 days so you get 4 days off every other week and you earn overtime every day.
Disorganized management only care about production not employees
production operator (Current Employee) –  TualatinSeptember 4, 2013
If you dont attend company events and involved in other employee personal lives they find ways to terminate you in addition saying anything bad about the company other employees I talked to said upper management gets their names and retaliates. Irrational and unrealistic upper management especially team leader expectations for employees and goals. Puts employees' personal safety at risk 90 percent of the time.
Pros
mediocre wages and schedules
Cons
team leader's and production managers only care about production.
Good company to work for
Retort Operator and Dowstream (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORAugust 6, 2012
Working at Pacific Foods for the most part is a good company, but like any other company it has it's bad. I currently work swing shift which makes it difficult to work around with school and family. We start of our day with a shift change that includes detail's of day shift production. After we head to the production floor and begin my day pushing, stacking and monitoring the retorts. The department I work in has great people, other department are not so nice. Overall I the company is a good company to work for but the shift does not work for me.
Pros
they pay for the school
Cons
no advancing within the company with out a degree
Upper managment is just a joke in all departments
Building 17 (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, Sherwood, WilsonvilleAugust 12, 2014
The company's core values and giving back to the community is great, their ways to recycle are also great. The management and nearly all team leaders have little to zero previous experience with management. To say the upper management picks favorites doesn't even say enough. They 'promote from within' as long as you kiss every behind for as long as it takes. I have been with this company a year and 5 months and I have an actual list of all the people that have either quit or gotten fired. That list stands at 37 people JUST in one of the buildings/departments. Their turn over rate is wild, that alone should tell you how this company is ran. Beware and look elseware, even the temps leave in a hurry.
Pros
benefits, pto, a few good men, pay for school after 1 year of employment
Cons
zero vacation time offered, zero understanding of management, favoritizm, list goes on.
Maintenance team suck, there is no training at all
current maintenance employee (Current Employee) –  TualatinMarch 29, 2014
Normally the Work load is high, they do not give proper training, and the management especially the maintenance team is disconnected from the team, Co workers are good, and the hardest part is there is no appreciation for a good job.
Pros
good co workers
Cons
not a good management, work load is high.
Not bad place, just wish they would advance employees that deserved it.
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, OROctober 23, 2012
Its not a bad place, they try and talk about how much they like to promote within the company. However they will never promote within. They will find some reason of why they wont advance employees.
stessful soup company
Aseptic Packaging FIller Operator (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORNovember 7, 2013
Operating packaging equipment everyday. Normal day something goes wrong which creates a lot of down time on the graveyard shift. For the most part, co-workers are the best part of the job. Management needs improving.
Proactive
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORDecember 31, 2013
A typical day at work would ensure I have materials for manufacturing and people to run the machines. Following up with Materials and Maintenance to ensure product to make and machinery to make it.
They don't pay for what they are asking for, little chance of advancement
technician (Former Employee) –  tualatin, orJanuary 21, 2013
Half your life becomes you being a slave with 12 hour shifts that end at rush hour
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
pay, hours
outstanding work eniviorment
Processor (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORApril 15, 2013
Amazing work environment that helps employees to excel in a job field that is ever growing. Management is dedicated to ensure training.
Great experience with production/warehouse
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORFebruary 9, 2014
The start of an average day at work is a morning meeting with my team. There I receive a rundown of what we are running and what my job assignment will be for the day. In that meeting I’m notified if I’m running downstream or if I’m working the robot and loading and receiving trucks.

When I am on the production floor, my job is to make sure that there’s a constant flow of product with little or no down time at all. At the same time being responsible for my line and make sure I am producing quality product. I also maintain correct paperwork for QA and doing all my checks in time frame that is required for quality purposes.

What I have learned from Pacific Foods is quality is better then quantity. To make sure we produce the best product at the best of our ability.

In any job I have held, I’m well liked amongst my peers/coworkers and also have great communication with my TL's. I've worked well within a team and also independently. I also have great verbal and written skills to help communicate ideas and concerns to my Team Lead's.

The hardest part of this job is the 12hr shifts, but then again that would be hard on anybody's body. The most enjoyable part of the job is all the off time we have off because of the 12hr shifts. So, therefore it actually balances itself out.
Pros
great hours, great benefits, great coworkers, good pay
Cons
in tualatin, or
Imagine a glorified High School Mentallity at best.
Dumb schmuck (Former Employee) –  Tualatin OregonNovember 10, 2014
You get your foot in the door and they try to break it. It is the best way to summarize it. There is only a few social cliques there but you better fit it or your out. I have seen people: used, abused, harassed, and humiliated. Sometimes this is for the entertainment of others, sometimes for their petty revenge, and other times to give someone else as bad of a day as their having. I personally witnessed how they get rid of people they don't like. It is not just enough to fire them, or lay them off, they want to infiltrate every aspect of that persons life and make it as miserable as possible until they die or terminate them. If that poor employee tries to find a job somewhere else they break the law and tell the perspective employer a bunch of bad press. You will have your social media and home email investigated. If you signed a HIPPA agreement you will have your medical information invaded and used against you. If you say anything that is not generalized it will be turned against you.

The only building that is climate controlled is the main building. Your work environment can be as cold as 30 in the winter and up to 120 in the summer. You will be exposed to hazardous and deadly chemicals, but if you say anything about the exposure rate they will find a reason to get rid of you.

The tools they supply are a joke at best, if you bring anything from the outside that works better you can plan on having it stolen. I saw one employee have to use dull scissors for over a year. They are that cheap.

If you are a woman you can sleep your way to the top here.

Others have noted about
  more... favoritism. You bet. Before I left I watched the company give one person around a month of free vacation. If you have ever heard of a paid education, where a company pays for the degree without the person getting the education, this is where you will see it.

The insurance there is a joke at best. I mean you are getting a HMO plan without it being a HMO. But hey, you will feel a lot better knowing that lower management on up is making bank, driving nice cars, and living in houses.

So if you want to work in a outdoor environment inside while wearing canvas coveralls, have to kiss up all the time, deal with chemicals everyday, have your personal life invaded, deal with backstabbing on a grandiose scale, be lied to all the time, and just plain out want to shorten your life. Then by all means work here. And if you ever want to know what it is like experiencing the southern end of afterlife, you will have that under your belt.
Pros
a check
Cons
insurance, people, atmosphere, tools, favoritism, quid qo pro