Pacific Office Automation Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work!
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 29, 2016
If you are looking for growth and upward mobility POA is the place to go! POA gives you all the training and mentorship necessary to succeed. Awesome culture if you like to work hard and play hard!

Comment – May 27, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts on POA. We certainly pride ourselves in being a hard working company, and often attract talent that really gives their all when it comes to their job!

Except the challenge
Supply Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 12, 2015
Pacific Office Automation is a great place to work, offering an unlimited amount of growth. The sky is the limit here, so the harder you work the more benefits you'll see. The environment is very fast paced, positive, and challenging. It pushes you to your limit, but offers you an endless amount of tools to utilize in order overcome any challenge -- if you are willing to put in the time & effort. Everyone here is considered family, and pushes each other to be the best they can be professionally as well as personally. If you want to have a successful professional career that allows you to be the one to decide how much growth you want to achieve, this is the place to work.
Pros
Motivating work environment & great compensation/benefits

Comment – November 9, 2015

Thank you so much for giving such a detailed picture of what it’s like to work at POA. We appreciate our team member’s feedback so much as we continue to grow and create welcoming environments for all.

Comment – November 9, 2015

Not enought words to describe
Branch Manager Tucson (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 4, 2015
This company has provided me a lifestyle that I never thought of. Yes we work hard and have some long hours, that is what's needed to be the best company in the business. We have an amazing culture. Everyone here has your interests in mind and want to help you grow and succeed. I am very luck to have had this opportunity. I will spend the rest of my career here at POA.
Pros
Work hard Play hard
Cons
Have to wark hard to earn and be the best.
Excellent Company
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OR and Phoenix, AZMay 17, 2015
Productive competitive driven environment. Excellent company culture with a focus toward the value of quality employees leading to a productive company. Excellent sales training program as well as an exceptional sales manager training program. I completed both the one hundred day hire sales training as well as the year long sales management training program. I was responsible for developing my personal monthly and annual sales budget as well as that of my team. Each team member contributed to budget creation and motivating one another to reach budget. I was recognized as Major Account Representative of the Year. I was responsible for assisting team members in closing sales and prospecting to help them both achieve their objectives and learn from the experience. Pacific has an effective sales cycle that achieves results and provides employees with the training and tools necessary to achieve success.
Pros
Team goal oriented environment
Cons
I would work there again in a heart beat.
Copier Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 5, 2015
I loved this job it allowed you to work independently and manage your clients and work load. Great ownership with good bonus structure. Everyone worked well together as a team. I trained all the new technicians.
Pros
Good benifits, bonuses, yearly trips.
Cons
working with toner and developer
Highly Rewarding Career for College Grads willing to work
Field Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJuly 28, 2014
I started at Pacific Office Automation directly after graduating college. I initially chose the career for the income upside and the companies culture that puts a lot of emphasis on developing its younger people. I've been with the company four years now and have enjoyed the process the entire time. I was able to buy my first home at 24 years old, pay off my student loans, the 401k and Healthcare are unmatched anywhere, and have put myself in a position to have a lot more financial freedom.

This is a work hard play hard enviornment and is a great place for a college graduate who is truely willing to put in the time and effort necessary to develop their skill sets.

POA is a great company to work for and has helped a lot of young people develop into very successful business people that are in total control of their future.
Pros
income potential, work enviornment, 401k, healthcare, growth company, company trips
Productive working environment
Major Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, OregonNovember 17, 2015
I was able to work on my own and with teams of people to sell copiers and other office equipment, The environment the company projected allowed me to excel in sales and sales training of new employees.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Difficult to advance
Work Hard and Succeed
Sales Representatives (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 31, 2014
One of the best things about working at Pacific Office Automation is always having the opportunity to make more money. We put in long hours and work harder than other companies in the industry which allows us to grow year after year. The hard work truly does payoff and it is nice to see a bigger check than the last one as you get better and better. Other than the money, the culture at POA is a great one to be a part of. From top to bottom, employees at POA are on the same page on how to be successful and help is always available if you are struggling. Multiple sales trips and basic sales training is very beneficial and it allows you to become close with salespeople throughout the company. With so many resources, as long as you put in the work, it is tough not to have a successful career at Pacific Office Automation.
Pros
pays well, get what you put in.
Cons
Great work place where they embrace handwork and reward it
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 29, 2014
A typical day at Pacific Office Automation is 7am-9pm. There is never enough time in a day to get work done. I like the fact that every employee is on the same page when it comes to working hard and dedicating their time to work. Management embraces this type of culture and because of that fact the company has been able to grow at double digits numbers year after year. Hardest part of the job is having time to spend with family.
Pros
compensation benefits, embrace hard work, team environment, push employees to do more, afterwork team gathering events.
Cons
work/life balance.
POA and on Track
Account Executive/Sales (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 6, 2015
POA was and still is my fist career after college and I couldn’t have made a better decision. I love this company and look forward to coming to work every day, which is not the case for most recent-grads. POA sets employees up for success, as long as you are willing to work hard and follow the training process. I have received ongoing, extensive training that has helped me develop quickly within my first year of employment.

Pacific Office Automation prides themselves in being the industry leader and I am happy to be a part of that. We have a very team oriented workplace. You will find strong support between the teams and hands-on training from the management. At POA you are not just a number. You know your higher level management and have the opportunity to reach out to any employee, no matter the department, or branch.

This position is not for everyone. You need to be a competitive, hardworking individual that is willing to put in the extra time to develop your career. Your work and effort will be a direct reflection of your success. If you want to work for a company that sets you up for success, focuses on your development, and celebrates your success, POA is right for you.
Pros
team environment, great culture, employee driven
Cons
not for everyone. need to be willing to work long hours and work hard.
Primarily work independently, often protocol and processes are not fully explained
Fleet Sales Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Eugene ORFebruary 25, 2015
A typical day at Pacific Office for an account representative includes , working independently, door to door, and phone cold calling, managing existing accounts, and problems as well as filing, completing, and maintaining paperwork. It is crucial to track and maintain individual paperwork, things slip through the crack if you don't. The office and processes are mostly unorganized and hectic. The culture is one of a kind, you must either have blind faith and buy in or get out.
Pros
benefits, healthcare, 401k program
Cons
takes months to years to get up and running, after a year business opportunities can be limited, with the pay structure it's possible to owe the company money when leaving, company is #1 priority
Hard work with great benefits
Branch Administrative Manager (Current Employee) –  Eugene, orFebruary 20, 2015
This was my first job after college so I had little reference for working a 9 to 5 job. I though 9 to 5 meant 9 to 5. That isn’t the case with POA, but it’s been worth it. The benefits offered are amazing. Full medical and dental with no premiums and a 401K match of 6% is pretty much unheard of. I’ve also found that the company can be very forgiving. Learning a new job it tough and my experience with POA is if you completely fail one month they just pick you up, brush you off, and tell you to do better next time. The sense of team here is great. Everyone holds each other accountable. It’s really stressed that you aren’t just letting yourself down but the team down. One the flipside everyone celebrates the big victories too.
Pros
health, dental, 401k, great team atmosphere
Except the challenge
SERVICE DISPATCH (Current Employee) –  SEATTLE, WAFebruary 4, 2015
Have No plans to go anywhere else. Came in this business not knowing anything in the copier /printer world, believe me a busy one.
I have learned so much from Customer's to Co workers leaning everyday .
I have had 20 years in customer service and being a service dispatch is rewarding hearing the "Thank you " & " Your the best".

POA is employee oriented from benefits medical to 401 K match @ 100%+ and service trips for the employees and there families .
Poa is a growing business and accepts all challenges for new technologies and will provide all the knowledge that they can give.
Pros
401k, medical/dental/vision piad for employee, friendly work inviroment
Cons
long hours, time off may be difficult on certain times
Good Company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Bend, ORDecember 17, 2014
Previously I worked at another sales job replacing windshields and the company was corrupt with only one goal in mind, make money for the owners and upper management. I left that job with a sour taste in my mouth about sales until I started at Pacific Office Automation in 2011. I have been with POA for about 4 years now and couldn’t be happier. This company is well structured with the mentality of keeping their employees happy and in return the company will succeed. This is a growing company and always adapting to new technology, solutions and sales tactics. They provide great benefits (medical, dental & vision), 401K with 100+ % match program, and incentive trips (Boston, San Diego, Vegas, Florida, etc). Support and guidance is always available from your manager and coworkers. This company wants you to succeed. You will have to be a team player and not just focused on yourself, but the people you work with. Your goal should be to help your team succeed and in return they will help you succeed. This is not just a temporary job, this is a career with endless opportunity to make great money and have stability. If you’re not willing to put in the time and work hard to succeed, this isn’t the place for you.
Pros
great benefits (medical, dental & vision), 401k with 100+ % match program, and incentive trips (boston, san diego, vegas, florida, etc).
Cons
hard work, long hours
Pacific Office Automation
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 5, 2015
A typical day at work is extremely fast paced. I create my to do list first thing in the morning so that I have a clear plan every day. This is very important because you have to be able to manage your current pending issues, while still prospecting for new customers. Most daily failures are caused by a lack of planning.

This company has turned me into a man. It's not for everyone, but the select few that can push through the daily struggles will gain life skills that are priceless. I have learned to manage myself and hold myself completely accountable. I have also learned the correct sales process and this has been vital to my success.

Management truly does care about people. When you are going through personal problems they will be understanding and allow you to take care of it without making you feel like you're dropping the ball. From my experience, management will do everything in their power to help you succeed, but at the end of the day, that success is defined by your will to win.

The hardest part of the job is the fact that success is not immediate. You have to have the forsight to understand that your are building a business for life, and the first few years are going to be tough. Also, they hold you completely accountable. This is difficult to grasp at first, but once you have that "AHA Moment"" you will understand that they are doing it for your own good.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me is the smile on the customers faces or the text messages you get from customers when you have truly solved their problem. In my opinion, there is
  more... no money in the world that can amount to that gratification.  less
Pros
High earning potential, great benefits, "United as One" team environment
Cons
Long hours and difficult work life balance when you first start.
Fairly good company overall
Admin Asst. / Contract Administrator (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORMarch 19, 2014
Original owner managed the company and it's employees great, but once it switched to the new president, it changed to a sales driven company where they took away the annual review/pay raises. The customers are fun to work with, co-workers are pretty cool, just wish it was back to being a service oriented company with enough people to handle the work load. If you have health issues, they will normally still work with you on trying to keep you in your job. If it wasn't for the lack of pay-raises and too much work for the amount of people in the department I was in, I'd love the company.
Pros
service weekend is an awesome retreat for anyone going into their service field
Cons
they don't really do pay raises
Great team atmosphere with great growth potential!
Field Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 9, 2015
This is a great place to work with the ability to earn to your potential. If you give yourself the time to build your skills and knowledge, the potential is limitless. It is a great team atmosphere, where accountability is encouraged and transparent.
Pros
great opportunity for growth, paid benefits and retirement. high earning potential!
Cons
have to invest the time to learn and grow within this position and company.
mostly solving other people's problems other than your own.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerquerque, NMOctober 6, 2015
Great company great for ambitious college graduates. High earning potential, but back stabbing by employees is prevalent.
Pros
self-accountability
Cons
zero to hero
Always Growing
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros:

Every year I have been at POA we have grown as a company. We currently have multiple branches in several different states which is allowing us to expand and test other marketplaces. There is never a doubt that our company will continue to profit more than the previous year. We have genuinely caring and compassionate employees that want to do anything in their power to take care of the customer. The employees rally when others are not in the office to make sure an area is not left uncovered.

My managers have really been the highlight of my experience with POA. They are extremely supportive and encouraging, always pushing me to think one step further. I know how much I am valued within my branch. The branch system is a great sense of community and you really feel like you belong to a team; on the other hand, POA as a whole gives you the security of being a part of a large establishment such as 401K, Medical, PTO, etc.

Cons:

We are a sales based company which means we must close out the books at the end of every sales month, this creates conflict when trying to plan/take time off. It is pretty much impossible to not be present during closing weeks. As a growth company, we are growing very quickly which has put strain on current employees - we need more! Promotions are highly likely in a sales position because of turnover but are not as readily available for service and administrative positions. Since our company is sales based and caters to the sales team, the support teams sometimes get overlooked.
Pros
benefits, pto, 401k, community
Cons
scheduling time off, short staffed
High Income/Growth Potential
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Bay Area, CAJuly 29, 2014
I graduated 14 months ago and I had many job offers from Fortune 500 companies and other companies. Where money was not the biggest factor in my decision, it was obviously a strong one. I grew up in sports, so I wanted a job experience where I would be rewarded for hard work with more than just a pat on the back. In sports, the harder you work the better you are and the more you play; I wanted this in a career too. I have also always been told that your first job is always important because it paves the way for your future, so I knew training and developing a skill and a career path were important to me as well.

I was OK settling for one, maybe two of these when I began my career search. What I never thought I would find is all of these in one company plus so much more. I have this at Pacific Office Automation. I have friends with engineering jobs, consulting jobs, other sales jobs, etc. and I am on pace to make significantly more than any of them in 2014 and I have only been with this company for 12 months. I have learned more here in a year than I ever did in my life. I love how my hard work is rewarded, not only with monetary compensation but also with a set career path.

In summary, the things I love most about Pacific Office Automation are the training I receive daily, the career path I have ahead of me, the fact that my hard works is rewarded, I am establishing a skill that will be helpful to me no matter what I do for the rest of my career and also (last but definitely not least) the income I have already seen is truly second to none and the potential for more is crazy.
Pros
high income potential, accelerated growth, training & skill development
Cons
hard work/long hours

2.9