Pacific Office Automation Employee Reviews

Prepare to have no life
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 26, 2017
You are expected to be there prior to 7:30am and are lucky to leave before 6:30pm. There is daily training that takes at least an hour and you get the same 5 topics that you go over every week and you will have to sit through those for the entire time you work there, it gets extremely repetitive. They also strongly recommend that you come in on weekends when you are new.

Managers have two speeds; micromanage or you have to track them down to get anything answered. Since they are selling managers they are not very interested in helping new reps with small victories and leave them to their own devices when trying to figure out an issue for a customer.

As far a culture goes, you better like to party. There is frequently drinking in the workplace. You are required to go out to the bar the last Friday of every month and most outings are centralized around drinking, although you are not required to drink.
Cons
long hours, boys club, repetitive
May 1, 2017

Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We’re sorry to hear that you felt unhappy in your experience working at POA. A career in sales isn’t for everyone, but we’re disappointed in how you perceived the work and our company. While we work to encourage open communication between employees and managers, we wish you would’ve raised these concerns around working hours, management, and culture sooner so that we could’ve addressed them and helped you find a suitable balance. We encourage and enjoy when all employees join in outings for team building, but to clarify, neither attendance nor drinking is mandatory. Please contact us directly if you’d like to discuss anything further. We appreciate your honest feedback and wish you the best.

Great Pay however little work life balance
Business Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 24, 2017
This company sales industrial grade office equipment. It is very difficult yet very rewarding. Its offers the ability to own your own business and it takes that level of commitment.
February 3, 2017

Thank you for leaving feedback on your time with us. We encourage all employees to take ownership of their work, and in return they’ll be rewarded! Hope we were able to guide you on your career path; thank you for your hard work.

Poor Management and Poor Organization
Garbage Man (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORDecember 5, 2016
Very fast paced. I really haven't learned much but to think and get out of sticky situations. Management is horrid at best. He would rather sit and do nothing but delegate all the work to someone else. He cannot and does not know hat his departments do. My manager has a few supervisors beneath him. One supervisor want to be the manager and does nothing most of the day. He loves to work on his personal stuff while at work. My co-workrs, there are a few good ones. It hard to say what the hardest part of the job is because it is all hard. Most enjoyable part of work. Leaving work its hard to stay motivated when you're constantly being watched and if you make one mistake you sure do hear it.

This company is very sales driven. With that being said. Besides sales the rest of the company is treated like little slaves.
Cons
Always constantly inconsistent work and unorganization.
December 16, 2016

Thank you for your honest feedback about working at POA. We’re sorry to hear that you feel so disappointed with your manager and supervisors. We’re always looking for ways we can grow and improve, so these reviews are helpful for us to identify the areas that might need some work. Thank you for the time and effort you put in as one of our employees. We wish you the best in future endeavors.

Fun and rewarding
Fleet Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORNovember 13, 2016
Great entry level position. I learned a lot. I learned tips and strategies to help succeed. I wish there was more walk in business.
December 6, 2016

Thank you for your review of POA! As we highly value ongoing education for our employees, it’s great to hear how much you’ve learned here, even starting as an entry level employee. Appreciate the feedback. Keep up the hard work!

A fast paced and growing work environment.
Network Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORSeptember 27, 2016
Moving from one call to the next while fielding phone calls and emails. Not unlike trying to hit a moving target. The workload can be relentless but also rewording.

I have learned a lot about time and resource management in this job. As well as my own personal limits.
Pros
grate benefits, mostly autonomous
Cons
highly stressful, direction is not always clear
October 18, 2016

Thank you for your review of your time so far working at POA. We aim to foster growth in our employees so that they can succeed through their career. Happy to hear that you have experienced your own personal and professional development while working with us. Please know that your hard work does not go unnoticed!

Growth company with great individuals
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORAugust 11, 2016
I worked close to 13 hours a day generating business through cold calling. The job itself taught me immense skills in sales and work ethic.It was a very competitive market and successful employees need to be very creative when making a deal work for every party. Pacific Office Automation sells a plethora of different products and services, so a successful employee needs to have a vast amount of product knowledge and different vertical market knowledge. They have a great management system that cultivates entry level employees into sales professionals.
August 16, 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us feedback about your experience at POA. We take pride in our work culture, and we are so pleased to hear that our efforts are paying off.

Nice
Administrative Assistant/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 28, 2016
This was a nice rewarding job, great learning experience and fun environment. I stayed with this job until I transferred out of state, very understanding and helpful in the end.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Non transferable
July 7, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review your time with our company. Our goal is to provide a rewarding career for all of our employees, and we’re so glad that you enjoyed your time with us.

Great place to work!
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 29, 2016
If you are looking for growth and upward mobility POA is the place to go! POA gives you all the training and mentorship necessary to succeed. Awesome culture if you like to work hard and play hard!
May 27, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts on POA. We certainly pride ourselves in being a hard working company, and often attract talent that really gives their all when it comes to their job!

Productive working environment
Major Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, OregonNovember 17, 2015
I was able to work on my own and with teams of people to sell copiers and other office equipment, The environment the company projected allowed me to excel in sales and sales training of new employees.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Difficult to advance
I would work there again in a heart beat.
Copier Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 5, 2015
I loved this job it allowed you to work independently and manage your clients and work load. Great ownership with good bonus structure. Everyone worked well together as a team. I trained all the new technicians.
Pros
Good benifits, bonuses, yearly trips.
Cons
working with toner and developer
mostly solving other people's problems other than your own.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerquerque, NMOctober 6, 2015
Great company great for ambitious college graduates. High earning potential, but back stabbing by employees is prevalent.
Pros
self-accountability
Cons
zero to hero
Except the challenge
Supply Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 12, 2015
Pacific Office Automation is a great place to work, offering an unlimited amount of growth. The sky is the limit here, so the harder you work the more benefits you'll see. The environment is very fast paced, positive, and challenging. It pushes you to your limit, but offers you an endless amount of tools to utilize in order overcome any challenge -- if you are willing to put in the time & effort. Everyone here is considered family, and pushes each other to be the best they can be professionally as well as personally. If you want to have a successful professional career that allows you to be the one to decide how much growth you want to achieve, this is the place to work.
Pros
Motivating work environment & great compensation/benefits
November 9, 2015

Thank you so much for giving such a detailed picture of what it’s like to work at POA. We appreciate our team member’s feedback so much as we continue to grow and create welcoming environments for all.

November 9, 2015

Excellent Company
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OR and Phoenix, AZMay 17, 2015
Productive competitive driven environment. Excellent company culture with a focus toward the value of quality employees leading to a productive company. Excellent sales training program as well as an exceptional sales manager training program. I completed both the one hundred day hire sales training as well as the year long sales management training program. I was responsible for developing my personal monthly and annual sales budget as well as that of my team. Each team member contributed to budget creation and motivating one another to reach budget. I was recognized as Major Account Representative of the Year. I was responsible for assisting team members in closing sales and prospecting to help them both achieve their objectives and learn from the experience. Pacific has an effective sales cycle that achieves results and provides employees with the training and tools necessary to achieve success.
Pros
Team goal oriented environment
Pacific Office Automation
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 5, 2015
A typical day at work is extremely fast paced. I create my to do list first thing in the morning so that I have a clear plan every day. This is very important because you have to be able to manage your current pending issues, while still prospecting for new customers. Most daily failures are caused by a lack of planning.

This company has turned me into a man. It's not for everyone, but the select few that can push through the daily struggles will gain life skills that are priceless. I have learned to manage myself and hold myself completely accountable. I have also learned the correct sales process and this has been vital to my success.

Management truly does care about people. When you are going through personal problems they will be understanding and allow you to take care of it without making you feel like you're dropping the ball. From my experience, management will do everything in their power to help you succeed, but at the end of the day, that success is defined by your will to win.

The hardest part of the job is the fact that success is not immediate. You have to have the forsight to understand that your are building a business for life, and the first few years are going to be tough. Also, they hold you completely accountable. This is difficult to grasp at first, but once you have that "AHA Moment"" you will understand that they are doing it for your own good.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me is the smile on the customers faces or the text messages you get from customers when you have truly solved their problem. In my opinion, there is
  more... no money in the world that can amount to that gratification.  less
Pros
High earning potential, great benefits, "United as One" team environment
Cons
Long hours and difficult work life balance when you first start.
Not enought words to describe
Branch Manager Tucson (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 4, 2015
This company has provided me a lifestyle that I never thought of. Yes we work hard and have some long hours, that is what's needed to be the best company in the business. We have an amazing culture. Everyone here has your interests in mind and want to help you grow and succeed. I am very luck to have had this opportunity. I will spend the rest of my career here at POA.
Pros
Work hard Play hard
Cons
Have to wark hard to earn and be the best.
Great team atmosphere with great growth potential!
Field Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 9, 2015
This is a great place to work with the ability to earn to your potential. If you give yourself the time to build your skills and knowledge, the potential is limitless. It is a great team atmosphere, where accountability is encouraged and transparent.
Pros
Great opportunity for growth, paid benefits and retirement. High Earning Potential!
Cons
Have to invest the time to learn and grow within this position and company.
Primarily work independently, often protocol and processes are not fully explained
Fleet Sales Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Eugene ORFebruary 25, 2015
A typical day at Pacific Office for an account representative includes , working independently, door to door, and phone cold calling, managing existing accounts, and problems as well as filing, completing, and maintaining paperwork. It is crucial to track and maintain individual paperwork, things slip through the crack if you don't. The office and processes are mostly unorganized and hectic. The culture is one of a kind, you must either have blind faith and buy in or get out.
Pros
Benefits, healthcare, 401K program
Cons
takes months to years to get up and running, after a year business opportunities can be limited, with the pay structure it's possible to owe the company money when leaving, Company is #1 priority
Fun loving personel
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 23, 2015
Enjoyable people and great spiffs. I miss being there. I was able to earn time off as a reward for my hard work and always enjoyed the family atmosphere they gave me.
Hard work with great benefits
Branch Administrative Manager (Current Employee) –  Eugene, orFebruary 20, 2015
This was my first job after college so I had little reference for working a 9 to 5 job. I though 9 to 5 meant 9 to 5. That isn’t the case with POA, but it’s been worth it. The benefits offered are amazing. Full medical and dental with no premiums and a 401K match of 6% is pretty much unheard of. I’ve also found that the company can be very forgiving. Learning a new job it tough and my experience with POA is if you completely fail one month they just pick you up, brush you off, and tell you to do better next time. The sense of team here is great. Everyone holds each other accountable. It’s really stressed that you aren’t just letting yourself down but the team down. One the flipside everyone celebrates the big victories too.
Pros
health, dental, 401K, great team atmosphere
Long Hours, Difficult Job
Fleet Rep (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORFebruary 17, 2015
Expect 10-12 hour days everyday. Completely hard sales with no book of business to work with. It is a grind, but has the potential to pay off. Not the right fit for me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Office Automation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8