Pacific Palms Resort Employee Reviews

Good experience
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  La Puente, CAJune 30, 2016
Amazing learning experience from one of the best director at the security department. It prepared me for upcoming careers into Law enforcement. Highly recommend this locatation to work for law enforcement experiences.
Positive energy in kitchen
Cook (Current Employee) –  Industry, PAMarch 7, 2016
The cooking world is incredible and fun. Learning techniques and skills is always a interesting. Working is great but when you could have fun at the same time that makes everything exciting.
Pros
co-workers
Fun work place
Concessions Attendant (Current Employee) –  Industry, CANovember 17, 2015
Fun work place with the ability to meet and interact with a lot of people, specifically golfers. Co-workers are great; hardworking and always willing to help with any situation. Hardest part of the job is dealing with weather change. Golfer's won't play when it rains nor when it's too hot outside, which means little business for the concessions stand.
Fun and a lot of things to learn here
Banquet cook (Former Employee) –  Industry caSeptember 15, 2015
I've worked with experience Chefs here and leaned how to prep food quickly as well as communication skills with both other cooks and customers.
Pros
Sunday brunch
Attendant
Attendant (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAAugust 4, 2015
My manager happened to be a great and patient person. But anyone above that power rank tend to micromanage. I loved my co workers and it was an easy going place to work, but the pay was terrible and they tend to cross train people rather than hire another person because they are on a "budget"

Overall, I have to say it wasn't that bad working there, but I think those in higher rank of managing the place needs to retire and bring in young people who are up with the times (managing skills, technology skills, budget skills, open minded) The pay is really bad, even if you're a manager at most departments. I feel bad for a lot of the people there who are overworked.
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
Pay, cafe food quality, micromanagement, behind on technology
Upscale high-end dining and great view
Cocktail Waitress / Bottle Service Host (Former Employee) –  City of Industry, CAJune 22, 2015
Absolutely loved working at Pacific Palms Resort. The staff, employees, and the customers were great. Many tourists and business people. It's a golf resort so there are many groups that dine in before or after their golf tournaments. Great place to work.
Pros
free lunches at the cafeteria
Great Atomosphere
Golf Course Assistant and Driving Range Attendant (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAJune 8, 2015
I worked in the golf department in the early 2000s and loved my time there. There people were great and I was able to practice anytime on my game, off work hours of course.
Beautiful hotel with great opportunities
Administration & Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAMarch 4, 2015
Check in with the General Manager, go over the day...
Learned a little about the hospitality industry and how detailed the event planning process is for a hotel, management was great at this hotel. Co-workers were great. The hardest part of this job for me were the long hours required. I loved the people, the opportunity to help plan big events, the ability to be myself and feeling included.
Pros
free lunches, great flexibility, promotes from within
Cons
long hours required (not practical for me)
great first experiance
Golf Attendant (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAMay 22, 2013
good co-workers. Great customers, great job for students.
Pros
free food, great hours for students
Cons
very little hours
not great but a place to pass by in the industry
Pastry Chef (Former Employee) –  Industry, CANovember 29, 2012
a 300 room Business hotel, nice for guest not workers. It was a good place as you are working towards a goal.
Pros
ambiance
Cons
conditions
Beautiful place but don't take employees into account, lacks good management
Buffet Chef (Former Employee) –  City of Industry, CAJune 26, 2012
Assuming responsibilities for the buffet allowed me to utilize acquired skills and application of traditional technique and cooking methods of French Cuisine trained previously, the same time I learned special menus for wedding banquets mixing Asian, French and American Cuisine which expanded my repertoire in menu creation and different techniques and methods.
I have learned that to manage a kitchen proficiently its better to be respected by the team and can't be liked by everyone.
The hardest part of my job was to correct staff who have been cooking a certain way for a longtime and have never had the opportunity for re training to upgrade their skills, but once they see the benefit of the results most of the time accepted to learn from new ideas.
The most enjoyable part of my job is to create an excellent team who enjoys working hard and see the customer's satisfaction in their review of our service to management.
I am passionate about cooking great food, food styling, and delivering excellent customer service above expectation. I enjoy creating an atmosphere of team work where everyone is accountable and take their job seriously, learn and grow while delivering great work .
Pros
free lunch, week-end hours flexibility for school schedule
Cons
sometimes don't take people into account

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Palms Resort. Our community is ready to answer.

Pacific Palms Resort Reviews by Location