Pacific Park Employee Reviews in United States

Loved it
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAApril 17, 2016
I really loved this job. Great hours, flexible and amazing people to work with. I recommend this company if you are in high school or college looking for a summer job.
A really fun job and an excellent idea for a first job
Games Attendant (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAFebruary 4, 2016
This job was my first one and it really helped me learn the idea of what it is like to work. At first it was struggling because I was going to school at the same time so I would have to rush immediately after school on Fridays to a job that was about 2 hours away by bus or train and then it was even harder because I would get off late maybe after midnight and ride the bus or train home which is another 2 hours away. I wouldn't get home till maybe 2 or 3 am and be so tired and have to get up the next morning for my next shift. At first I wasn't really happy about that and immediately wanted to quit but then I realized that that's what working in the real world is like. Sometimes its really tiresome and the hours aren't that great but its a job and that's what it takes sometimes to get what you want in the end so I decided to keep the job. After a while I started getting accustomed to doing all that and it became second nature to me. The management and coworkers helped make the job even easier and more fun because everyone is so friendly and so helpful even when you're new to the team. It really helps with learning the job quicker. It also helps with learning how to communicate with others easier and learning how to be a team player. Out of all of that I would say my favorite part of working there was the guests. I was really happy to see people leave there with smiles on their faces because it confirmed I helped them be satisfied with their visit and it helped me know if I was doing my job correctly, effectively, and efficiently.
fun, repetitive, and beautiful
Rides Operator (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJanuary 23, 2016
A typical day would consist of a group meeting every time you come in and an assigned ride to go to where you will spend half a day working at. I learned the responsibility of safety not only at rides, but in general. So many things could go wrong and its our job make sure we try to prevent as many possible injuries as possible. Management is awesome even if you dont really get to know them at a personal level. They will listen to your problems and be sympathetic to any issue you might have at home, at your other job, or at school. Co-workers are the best. THE BEST. I made a lot of friends working here. The hardest part of the job is standing for long periods of time. Also being alone at your ride for a long time when no one is there can be the best time or the worst depending on how you deal with it. I have a back problem and it would sometimes be unbearable to stand for more than 4 hours. The most enjoyable part was working with fun, energetic, and responsible people who love who they are and love having fun. The people can be rude and can be mean, but i think that is true at ever other job.
Pros
the people, the beach, the coworkers, your supervisors, and the relationships your build
Cons
standing, the kids (sometimes one time isnt enough), the rude teenagers, and the stubborn parents
A good first job
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CANovember 29, 2015
The pacific park is a okay job for someone that is just entering the workforce or looking for a weekend job. In the summer and on holidays they're very busy. The management is under par.
Very positive location to work
Security Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CASeptember 25, 2015
I really enjoy working with the people at Pacific Park. The guests are there to enjoy the day, so most of them are very happy and having a good time. It carries to the employees.

I have never worked at a location where everyone wants to help you all the time. Each department is willing to help the next without question. Very positive.

The hardest part of the job hasn't quite surfaced yet. I was hired as a temp and I am not sure if it will become permanent. It will be a sad day to leave.

My supervisors and CEO are great. Very approachable.
Pros
Positive location
Cons
don't have any right now..
Fun place to work at and it is very easy going.
Cashier/ Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAAugust 18, 2015
Great for students
Pay is great especially in the summertime and if you are able to get overtime which is definitely not a problem in the summer.
Pros
Always in need of people to cover shifts
meet new friends
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica , CAJune 19, 2015
My hardest part of the job would have to be worrying if the customners would try & scam me . Overall the experience is very nice , you meet new friends , learn things & llots of other things
Pros
free wristbands
fun work place
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJune 17, 2015
its a really fun work place. always meeting new people. co workers are great people. everyone always follow the safty rules
I like working at Pacific Park
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAApril 13, 2015
I like working at Pacific Park because its close to the ocean, My co-workers were nice and we all worked good together and we treated our guests with well.
Pros
Getting hours duringholidays and events.
Cons
Not getting enough hours during the regular season.
Good first job
Games Attendant (retail) (Current Employee) –  Santa monica , californiaMarch 2, 2015
pacific park , it a great first job to get experience . you learn to work with people , and how to deal and talk to customers . as well as learning to work with cash and registers .
Unsatisfied
Cashier, expediter, dish washer, etc. (Current Employee) –  Santa MonicaFebruary 19, 2015
I definitely need to find another job that is NOT food and beverage, as I am currently searching.

Management is the worst, so are many co-workers.
The friendliness is not there within, but I am lucky and fortunate to have some co-workers I can actually get along with.

But, other than that, this job is terrible.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
management, harassment, etc.
How to be in charge of a certain number of people.
Lead, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAFebruary 17, 2015
A typical day at work would be telling other what they should be doing on the job and for the job. I learned that some managers will never fully notice you unless you speak up and tell them your ideas. I learned that co workers for the most part are not friends, they are just people that you work with. I learned how to be in charge of a number of people. I learned how to do things in a fast pace with pressure on the line. The hardest part on the job was dealing with customers who were rude. The best part of the job was working on the beach and being able to watch the sunset.
Pros
working on beach, flexible schedule
Cons
poor managing skills, unorganized
Cabana Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CADecember 9, 2014
Always a positive mood at work
Great way to develop social skills
Nice earned pay
Pros
discounts
safe and very fun
Cashier/ Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CANovember 13, 2014
i was able to enjoy work and the beach at the sametime. i was able to enjoy the street performersand gave me the opportnity to learn patience.
Cashier
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CANovember 6, 2014
I love to work as hard as others and enjoy what i do.
my typical day was to just smile and be friendly to guest and assist them with there needs.
i learn to have more customer service makes your company grow tremendously.
working with my co workers is for all of us to work together and enjoy what we do. we all work in the same area and is our goal to make a customer smile and enjoy there experience.
what i enjoyed about my job is the people always laughing and smiling with their families and knowing i help them get what they needed to enjoy there time.
Pros
lunch. if you do well you get a perk card which can go for free lunch
Cons
no benefits for part time.
Work is work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CANovember 5, 2014
Everyone has their good and bad days in life but I don't feel like they should be shown at work. Most people tend to bring their outside problems to work, which is where professionalism comes in. People are very unprofessional when they come to work because they bring all of the negative energy from outside of work to work and then it shows in their work performance. Many people take in out on the guests which is not fair to them because they just came to the Park to enjoy themselves and have fun. Many employees there need to learn what professionalism is and display it at all times.
an okay seasonal job
Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAOctober 28, 2014
Great Location to gain Experience. Right by the beach, it a downfall when it rains. park will be closed when it rains
Pros
work by the beach, free parking
Cons
seasonal
Fun Workplace
Lead in training (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 7, 2014
My work at pacific park is mainly during the late shift which is my favorite shift.
Pros
discounts on food.
Cons
short breaks
Very fun job, and the environment was amazing.
Cashier/ Lead / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CASeptember 3, 2014
One of my favorite jobs so far, working on the beach was great and meeting new people from all around the world was amazing.
productive
Grounds (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJuly 22, 2014
Cleaned park all 8 hour shift and helped as much as possible.