Pacific Park Employee Reviews

Coffee bean
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAApril 20, 2017
Good place to work if you're looking to be there temporary, I did learn a lot working in pacific park. I learned customer service and i also learned to be multi-tasking. The most enjoyable part about the job is being able to satisfying the customers.
Pros
Discounts, tips
Fun Work Place at the pier.
Santa Monica, Ca - Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMarch 25, 2017
Going to work was very fun, I learned a lot about merchandise and stocking and also learning the merchandise so it could be easier to sell to the customer. The hardest part about the job was the cold weather. Best part about the job was the perks.
Productive, Fast pace working, Fun amusement park
Admissions Attendant/Rides (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CA 90401February 1, 2017
Interact with guest everyday, all day long about information on the park and the admissions. I've actually gained customer service/guest relations skills and cash handling skills. Work with heavy machinery and interact with people of all ages. Including small toddlers, gained up-selling skills and answer phone calls.
Productive,Fun,Adventurous
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJanuary 20, 2017
Pacific Park was a great place for me to learn you have to be safe at all times and it's a time to make the others cherish their whole time while being there.
Pros
Exciting the Family's and kids, The Co Workers
Cons
The Short Breaks, Standing in Heat Alldsy
first job
Food & Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 5, 2017
having your first job is okay, you get o excited to work. i didn't like how i always have to clean up. if i didn't have to do that then i would love it even more
Worst job ever
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CADecember 29, 2016
DON'T APPLY FOR FOOD AND BEVERAGE ATTENDANT!! They make you clean so much and management isn't the best. Co-workers were really nice though. If you want to work here apply for rides or games instead.
Pros
Free Rides
Cons
Bad Management, not flexible with hours
Productive and fun workplace with diverse crowd
Revenue Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CANovember 19, 2016
Pacific Park is located on the famous Santa Monica Pier. The Park itself sit right on top of the ocean along with other restaurants. In the park it's a lot of teamwork amongst staff (front-line employees and management) which keeps the Park running smooth and most effective. Most of our staff is in-between the ages of 16 - 35. The only real hard part about working on the ocean is the weather changes and being that its so close to water we typically get hit with high winds and heavy rain in the Winter.
Pros
Free holiday lunch, End of the summer employee party, and Random raffles
Cons
Very cold and hours are cut in the Winter.
Good fun workplace
Admissions Clerk (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CANovember 9, 2016
a typical workplace is very fast paced. It is a lot of work and very overwhelming. dealing with customers can be complicated however, it is a very fun place to work. Lots of kids and tourist those who have never been to California. It is a great environment.
Pacific Park
Game Instructor (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CANovember 8, 2016
I love working there the environment was nice everyone got along with each other . The only thing i struggle was taking the bus back home we got off so late that it was hard.
It's fun working and they have free stuff.
Amusement park attendant (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJuly 27, 2016
Working in Pacific park is very enjoyable. I have a lots of memories in there. having some free stuff is fun too and sometimes we have a free foods. They have an employee appreciation day.
Great First Job
operation/Admission (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMay 30, 2016
I dont really have much to say about this job I mean I still wok there it gets my bills paid and that's all I can really say about my job.
Pros
great people good hours
Cons
weather conditions
Pacific Park
Santa Monica - Cashier (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAApril 18, 2016
I work by myself at a cart whether it's a candy cart, Ice cream cart, popcorn, churros, and pretzel cart, hot dog cart, or ICEE cart. Sometimes I work a morning shift, mid-shirt, or night shift. The worst shift is night-shirt because you have to clean EVERYTHING!. Sometimes the supervisors are overboard with the cleaning.
Pros
Reduced Food Prices, Free Wristbands every month
Cons
Excessive cleaning, unorganized Company
Loved it
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAApril 17, 2016
I really loved this job. Great hours, flexible and amazing people to work with. I recommend this company if you are in high school or college looking for a summer job.
A really fun job and an excellent idea for a first job
Games Attendant (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAFebruary 4, 2016
This job was my first one and it really helped me learn the idea of what it is like to work. At first it was struggling because I was going to school at the same time so I would have to rush immediately after school on Fridays to a job that was about 2 hours away by bus or train and then it was even harder because I would get off late maybe after midnight and ride the bus or train home which is another 2 hours away. I wouldn't get home till maybe 2 or 3 am and be so tired and have to get up the next morning for my next shift. At first I wasn't really happy about that and immediately wanted to quit but then I realized that that's what working in the real world is like. Sometimes its really tiresome and the hours aren't that great but its a job and that's what it takes sometimes to get what you want in the end so I decided to keep the job. After a while I started getting accustomed to doing all that and it became second nature to me. The management and coworkers helped make the job even easier and more fun because everyone is so friendly and so helpful even when you're new to the team. It really helps with learning the job quicker. It also helps with learning how to communicate with others easier and learning how to be a team player. Out of all of that I would say my favorite part of working there was the guests. I was really happy to see people leave there with smiles on their faces because it confirmed I helped them be satisfied with their visit and it helped me know if I was doing my job correctly, effectively, and efficiently.
fun, repetitive, and beautiful
Rides Operator (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJanuary 23, 2016
A typical day would consist of a group meeting every time you come in and an assigned ride to go to where you will spend half a day working at. I learned the responsibility of safety not only at rides, but in general. So many things could go wrong and its our job make sure we try to prevent as many possible injuries as possible. Management is awesome even if you dont really get to know them at a personal level. They will listen to your problems and be sympathetic to any issue you might have at home, at your other job, or at school. Co-workers are the best. THE BEST. I made a lot of friends working here. The hardest part of the job is standing for long periods of time. Also being alone at your ride for a long time when no one is there can be the best time or the worst depending on how you deal with it. I have a back problem and it would sometimes be unbearable to stand for more than 4 hours. The most enjoyable part was working with fun, energetic, and responsible people who love who they are and love having fun. The people can be rude and can be mean, but i think that is true at ever other job.
Pros
the people, the beach, the coworkers, your supervisors, and the relationships your build
Cons
standing, the kids (sometimes one time isnt enough), the rude teenagers, and the stubborn parents
A good first job
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CANovember 29, 2015
The pacific park is a okay job for someone that is just entering the workforce or looking for a weekend job. In the summer and on holidays they're very busy. The management is under par.
Very positive location to work
Security Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CASeptember 25, 2015
I really enjoy working with the people at Pacific Park. The guests are there to enjoy the day, so most of them are very happy and having a good time. It carries to the employees.

I have never worked at a location where everyone wants to help you all the time. Each department is willing to help the next without question. Very positive.

The hardest part of the job hasn't quite surfaced yet. I was hired as a temp and I am not sure if it will become permanent. It will be a sad day to leave.

My supervisors and CEO are great. Very approachable.
Pros
Positive location
Cons
don't have any right now..
Fun place to work at and it is very easy going.
Cashier/ Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAAugust 18, 2015
Great for students
Pay is great especially in the summertime and if you are able to get overtime which is definitely not a problem in the summer.
Pros
Always in need of people to cover shifts
meet new friends
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica , CAJune 19, 2015
My hardest part of the job would have to be worrying if the customners would try & scam me . Overall the experience is very nice , you meet new friends , learn things & llots of other things
Pros
free wristbands
fun work place
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJune 17, 2015
its a really fun work place. always meeting new people. co workers are great people. everyone always follow the safty rules

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Park. Our community is ready to answer.

Pacific Park Reviews by Location