Pacific Premier Bank Employee Reviews

Stay Away
VICE PRESIDENT / PORTFOLIO MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 1, 2016
Stay away, run far and fast. Management, from the president down to the "director," which is just a supervisor really, only care about themselves. As the president and CEO said, they just want to grow the bank making all kinds of loans and sell, so no training because you are a cost and stand in the way of them making a bit more. turnover is really high. dont take my word, just look at other reviews.
Pros
Bagels on Fridays....cost.. your soul.
Cons
Sr management, management, and the bank as a whole
Not much going on
Credit and Risk Intern (Former Employee) –  Woodcliff Lake, NJMarch 10, 2016
I was just an intern at the bank's New Jersey branch office which specialized in loans for individuals opening franchise stores. Nothing much happened there, but the people were kind and very helpful. A great place for an internship but not where I would want to work full time.
Pros
Kind and helpful co-workers
Cons
No job advancement, boring
Reconveyance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAOctober 14, 2015
Productive place. Favorite boss. Tough environment. Office politics was a lot. Some of the younger people felt threatened by me because I have a lot of higher level skills.
Dallas HOA Division
Customer Relations (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 24, 2015
I enjoyed working for the Dallas HOA division.
We have a very good team there

Our division specialized in HOA's and their management companies.
Our customers where the actual management companies that serviced Condominiums, Single family homes or townhomes.

The division opened all operating and reserved accounts for the Associations, we provided research help and in house training for different software that was needed, ex:, ACH Client, Remote Capture and online banking.
Pros
Division is small which was nice
Cons
no job growth unless you relocate
Expect lots of overtime with no compensation
Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 29, 2014
Nothing like getting a call at 6:45 pm from senior management wanting to know if you are still working, and then wanting a list of all the other people in your department who are NOT there. Overtime is expected 4/5 days per week.

Senior management does not take any accountability when things go wrong, even when they approved the action and their signature is on the document(s), and they tend to berate the "worker bees" in front of others.

Workload and expectations are unrealistic, forcing employees to work overtime with no compensation.
Pros
Free Friday breakfasts
Cons
overworked, unrealistic deadlines, no training, bully mentality by senior management, and the list can go on and on
Great company to work for!!
Teller (Current Employee) –  CAAugust 21, 2014
I have been working for Pacific Premier Bank for almost 3 years now and I can honestly say that it is the best job I have ever had. My co-workers are great, the management team is extremely supportive, and the overall atmosphere of the bank is warm and inviting. This is my first job in banking and it's amazing how much I have learned in a short amount of time. The job title “Teller” is not a bottom-of- the- barrel position here, you are respected in any job position you have. I have been fortunate enough to have the opportunity to be taught anything and everything I wanted to learn or take on. There are challenges in any job and no one is perfect, but if you are doing your job and doing your best to stay on top of your game, you have nothing to worry about here.

I find that the best part about this job is the fact that if you are willing to put in the effort, there will always be an opportunity to learn and grow with the company. The management team is always happy to reward the employees who show they want to be here and want to do more for the company. The communication between the management team and their employees is awesome. You really feel encouraged and supported, they will always make themselves available to listen to you to discuss anything that may concern you at the job. In my opinion, anyone who has ever had a problem with the management team has not taken the time to express their feelings or concerns with them. Or, in some cases, instead of applying themselves to their job, it is easier for employees to blame management on their lack of success and growth.
  more... It is respectable to see a company who promotes employees from within when it is truly earned.

Pacific Premier Bank is really an outstanding company to work for. If you are looking for a fun and challenging work environment with supportive management and opportunity for growth, Pacific Premier is an excellent company to look into.
Pros
Supportive management, fun work environment, opportunity for growth
Cons
Can be a little short staffed at times
Growing Bank With Plenty of Opportunity
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  IrvineAugust 21, 2014
I have worked at this bank for almost 6 years, and have to say it is by far the best bank I have ever been a part of. I have been in banking for 18 years, and have worked at various banks and credit unions, but this is the first bank where I have found a culture that truly encourages growth and rewards loyalty. They promote from within first and foremost, and also provide the proper support to help you reach your goals. Upper management values hard working employees, recognizes their hard work, and rewards them. I have learned more about banking in my 6 years here than I learned in my 12 years prior banking experience. I have also been offered opportunities for advancement not found at most banks. Overall, this is a fantastic company to work for, and is operated with integrity from the top down. Their many long time employees will attest to that!
Pros
Opportunity
Greedy management that don't care about their employees
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 23, 2014
Management at this bank can care less about their employees. All they think about is the bottom line. It starts with the CEO and trickles down. The bank is growing very quickly but management refuses to hire people to match the growth. They expect you to give up your personal life with little to no compensation. Nobody in my department got a raise but management continued to add responsibilities. A lot of these responsibilities had nothing to do with my job title. There's also little to no room for growth here. When you want a day off you have to literally beg for it. They'll sit on your request until the very last minute just to make sure no projects come up. You know it's pretty bad when a whole branch quits at the same time. This is by far the worst place I've ever worked at in my life.
Pros
Breakfast Fridays
Cons
Overworked/stressed out employees, management feels entitled, low employee moral, threats from management and Iow pay.
"take care of your employees, and they will take care of your clients."
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAMay 7, 2014
This bank does not. As branch supervisor I was the first teller, new account rep, and supervisor. All for (low) supervisor wage. Company uses a lot of useless paperwork that can easily be found online but, to inconvenience clients, ask for originals for everything. But when clients get mad and leave, it's the employee's fault. Corporate and branch management constantly overload employees but wonder why there are so many mistakes. Branch management is shady and, successfully, cover their mistakes by blaming others. People that are training you have no idea what they are doing because they were not trained and are asked to train others. Do not be fooled. Bank looks good on paper, but their branches are empty, all clients are upset and, technology-wise, PPB is stuck in 1995... CEO let's all employees know how well the bank is doing but turns around and cuts staff and asks for more to be done. Overall, worst bank I've ever worked for.
Pros
You don't always get fired, most times it's a verbal warning.
Cons
Overload, no raises, management is horrific.
Working for the Bank
n/a (Current Employee) –  n/aFebruary 14, 2014
I work for the bank and I love it!! I have learned a lot working here and I happen to think that management is amazing and they are all exceedingly intelligent, which is why the bank is doing so well. If you don’t believe me, do the research and you will see this bank is one of the top performing banks in the country.
I have personally seen many people start from the bottom and work their way up. However, you have to earn it as they don’t promote just by putting in time.
The job can be stressful because the bank demands excellence and is always trying to grow and improve. As such, it is not for everyone especially if you like to come to work and just go through the motions. I only recommend this bank for top performers and those looking for a career in banking.
Pros
Great Company
Stressful environment, awful job culture.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Palm SpringsJanuary 13, 2014
Insufficient training. Understaffed. Overkill with policy and procedure. Absolutely everything is documented and recorded, a paper avalanche, more than is needed or required. Management always keeps employees guessing, employees never know how Management feels about them. Employees constantly think they are going to be fired (even the ones called in to be promoted! ) Management requires employees to constantly call and harass clients trying to get them to open new accounts, while making notes on absolutely every conversation. Management constantly institutes new policies and rules for customer interaction that angers clients, and then blames employees when the client pushes back.
Pros
Can't think of any.
Cons
Low pay rate, and no raises, unless you get a large promotion.
Pacific Premier Bank
Payroll Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 8, 2013
A fast pace growing company in Irvine California with great staff - has Branched out to multi states
Pros
Growing Company
Cons
If you like to be unappreciated and replacable
N/A (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 29, 2013
I've worked here for over a year and I have not learned a single thing about the banking industry. A job will be incredibly important and crucial to the bank but is completely unappreciated. Do not expect to be anything but disrespected by management. Not one person has received a thank you nor has management recognized their employees work in the entire company. They have driven the nicest people to quit, losing their customer service and a great co-worker. An employees loyalty, hard work, and commitment to the company does not mean a thing. Pay is kept as minimal as possible, assistance is nonexistant, and the management is incompetent. The company is rumoured to be up for sale so do not waste your time.
Pros
Free lunches for meetings
Cons
pay, management
Liked working with bank
Loan Funder (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMarch 7, 2013
Calling delinquent loan borrowers arranging payment remittance. Sending delinquent letters, NOD's and NOI's.

Assisted Loan Servicing with payments, advances, loan boarding and loan document preparation.

Originally started as a funder on Mutli-Family properties. Transfered to Loan Servicing.
Pros
enjoyed working
Cons
bank got out of real estate loans