Pacific Pulmonary Services

Pacific Pulmonary Services Employee Reviews in United States

Fun and very friendly environement, make you feel like family
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 18, 2016
Learning how to work is more about trial and error, they give some guidance in this regards of who to talk to. The meat of it is trying to figure out your offices and how they work and how you can help them and make that they like you. Knowing what your talking about as well helps since your working with doctor offices and patients.
Consistently provided superior patient care, fun co-workers, local office
Respiratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 5, 2016
Every day a PPS Technician arrives at 8:00 AM, Monday thru Friday, determines which patients need deliveries that day and plans his route accordingly and leaves on route by 9:00 AM.
Technicians provide home oxygen, oxygen tanks, CPAP, BIPAP and Nebulizer therapy, as well as instruction and supplies.
When the route is complete, the Technician returns to the center, maintains a neat, organized warehouse, maintains inventory and handles patient calls.
The most enjoyable part of this job is patient care and problem solving.
The hardest part is being on call 24 / 7.
Like the people with worked with
New Start Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 26, 2016
This was a very busy place to work for. I learned a lot and really enjoyed moving up in this company. It was a very stressfull place cause things were always changing and it seemed to never be the same from day to day.
Professional work enviroment
Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 16, 2015
Enjoyed working for this company. The staff are well informed and easy to communicate with. A typical day at work consisted of loading my van and making a route for the day as well as making the delivery. The hardest part of the job was dealing with traffic. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the patients.
Pros
good insurance
Terrible place to work
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 26, 2015
They were raided by the FBI! Who would want to work there????

The job / work life balance is nonexistent. The head sales member was unrealistic in their demands and often crossed the line in terms of appropriate conversations with their fellow team members.

The only person who had an idea of how to manage was our district manager, she understood there was issues needing to be overcome and she did everything in her power to help us and raise us up instead of breaking us down.
Great people that work there and flexible. Management in the other hand is awful.
Revenue Representative (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 23, 2016
Working there for 7 years had its ups and downs but mostly downs. The best I got out of working for PPS were the great friendships and the knowledge obtained throughout my course of employment. Management is terrible and only uses employees so they can look good and get recognized by corporate. You will get NOWHERE if your not a brown noser or liked by management. And if you think your knowledge, skills and work ethic will make you stand out, it is sadly untrue. Coworkers as well as myself would work our fingers off to meet and exceed deadlines and what would we get, BBQ burgers and hotdogs. I mean that was nice of them and I was thankful, but when it came to raises where was their appreciation? Cents that is all you got, shameful they use employees and do not acknowledge the positive only the negative. Integrity is one of their core values, yeah right obviously they do not know the meaning of that word, I believe that is self-explanatory.
Pros
Flexible and awesome coworkers
Cons
Management, No advancement, low pay and did I mention Management.
Competative and professional workplace with fun people.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CaOctober 12, 2015
Work days are set hours unless overtime was needed. Co-workers are pleasant and helpful. I learned to do front end billing, worked to maintain medical equipment cleanliness and provide patients with specific products. The work changed very frequently as did management. I enjoyed making friends with the workers as well as some patients. By far the hardest part was learning that a patient had past away, all a part of life but still very difficult.
Pros
Friendly, Holidays off, compitions to encourage team work
Cons
Staff and work changed too frequently, at the time not many people felt their jobs were stable.
Fun workplace but corrupt upper management
Revenue Representative (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 2, 2015
PPS seems to be going down hill in all aspects. The company prides itself in integrity but this definitely has not been demonstrated. Management hires a lot of their relatives and friends and often shows bias and favortism. Month end is always hectic management and supervisors are rude every month end. This company has no sense of privacy if you tell your supervisor or manager something in confidentiality it will definitely get out. Do not I repeat do not trust them. Only way to get to the top with this company is be a good brown noser. Work hard and you will receive more work you will not be acknowledged.
Pros
Free coffee, tea, good bond with co workers
Cons
Poor management, problems ignored, no privacy, low pay, small raises
Great workplace
delivery driver/respiratory tech (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXJanuary 22, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people in need to make their day to day life better. All the employees that I worked with were great people.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
drive daily, warehouse maintenance, internal/external audits
Warehouse Lead / Lead Driver (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 9, 2015
normal work hours 8-5. Daily inspection of warehouse area.(i.e) cleanliness, safety. inventory control, sterilize inbound equipment. order/replenish low inventory. Load/unload delivery van daily. print delivery tickets. provide customers with daily deliveries of needed medical supplies. Schedule monthly maintenance/service for work van. Plan and schedule daily route, learn to work on your own, and with a team of co-workers. Also manage on call hours and weekend on call hours.
Pros
some flexibilty, vacation, health ins. 401k
Cons
on call required. including weekends
Good place to work, must have customer service skills!
Driver/Technician (Former Employee) –  stockton, caJuly 21, 2015
Great place to work with good pay. Must have amazing customer service skills. You as a technician will be in elderly patients homes installing medical equipment, be prepared to see the best and worst of people. Management changes frequently and rules about insurance guidelines are very tedious and difficult. Stability was an issue at my center, loss of a lot of accounts caused by bad sales personnel. Overall a good place to work.
Pros
good pay, company van
Cons
lots of overtime when you are oncall, bad customers
Customer care
RESPIRATORY EQUIPMENT TECH (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 14, 2015
Delivering oxygen and supplies on a daily basis.Ensuring that customers are able to operate equipment correctly. Ordering supplies for the office. Clean and inspect all equipment ensuring that they are ready for use.
Fast Paced Enviroment
Field Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  AlbuquerqueJuly 28, 2015
Work with a team
Communication is the key
Management works closely on operations
Co-workers ask. " What can I do to help?"
Hardest part of the job is keeping up with insurance guidelines
Most enjoyable part is working out a solution to have a happy patient
Pros
decent pay and benefits
Cons
short breaks
A difficult job in a difficult business
PATIENT CARE CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Western RegionJuly 1, 2015
Pacific Pulmonary means well and tries to do well for its patients, but not for its employees. The pay is low and you are supposed to be able to make it up with commission, but the commission structure is such that it is very difficult to make money. The benefits are not good enough to make it a worthwhile position.
Pros
Work independently
Cons
Low pay, poor benefits
Great Company with amazing leadership team !
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 5, 2015
Great company with time driven setting. Experienced and easy going leadership team. The best part about working for this company was being able to make a difference and help our patients.
lack of leadership
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 7, 2015
I made some of the best work friends I have ever had here, but the lack of management and leadership was very unprofessional.
Pros
variety of vending machines, free coffee and tea
Cons
low pay, expensive insurance
Revenue Representative (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 1, 2015
Not bad, but not the greatest place to work, my direct superviser made things really great, but people above her were not cool at all. a bit stressed at month end.
Great break room
Medical Biller (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 22, 2015
You learn quiet a bit working for this company, there is not much room for advancement, other than that I have enjoyed being here.
Pros
Free coffee and tea daily
Cons
Poor management
Rewarding work helping customers.
Respiratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 4, 2015
Well run company. Typical day involved pulling necessary stock for daily orders and stocking delivery truck, delivering product to customers and training them how to use it. Picking up equipment that other customers were done with and taking back to base to be refilled and/or cleaned. Customers were almost always grateful for the service. Co workers were great. The only down-side is the on-call nights when you can be woken up or pulled away from your family at any time. Usually wasn't overly frequent. Overall a rewarding place to work.
Pros
Good management, Great Co-Workers
Cons
On Call Nights, Not fantastic pay
Great training
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 28, 2015
When I first started I receive great training, and received help when I first started. They told me they would work with my school schedule, and that was not the case.