Pacific Pulmonary Services

Pacific Pulmonary Services Employee Reviews

lack of leadership
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lexington, KYAugust 7, 2015
Pros: variety of vending machines, free coffee and tea
Cons: low pay, expensive insurance
I made some of the best work friends I have ever had here, but the lack of management and leadership was very unprofessional.
Fast Paced Enviroment
Field Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), AlbuquerqueJuly 28, 2015
Pros: decent pay and benefits
Cons: short breaks
Work with a team
Communication is the key
Management works closely on operations
Co-workers ask. " What can I do to help?"
Hardest part of the job is keeping up with insurance guidelines
Most enjoyable part is working out a solution to have a happy patient
Great training
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJuly 28, 2015
When I first started I receive great training, and received help when I first started. They told me they would work with my school schedule, and that was not the case.
Good place to work, must have customer service skills!
Driver/Technician (Former Employee), stockton, caJuly 21, 2015
Pros: good pay, company van
Cons: lots of overtime when you are oncall, bad customers
Great place to work with good pay. Must have amazing customer service skills. You as a technician will be in elderly patients homes installing medical equipment, be prepared to see the best and worst of people. Management changes frequently and rules about insurance guidelines are very tedious and difficult. Stability was an issue at my center, loss of a lot of accounts caused by bad sales personnel. Overall a good place to work.
A difficult job in a difficult business
PATIENT CARE CONSULTANT (Current Employee), Western RegionJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Work independently
Cons: Low pay, poor benefits
Pacific Pulmonary means well and tries to do well for its patients, but not for its employees. The pay is low and you are supposed to be able to make it up with commission, but the commission structure is such that it is very difficult to make money. The benefits are not good enough to make it a worthwhile position.
Never a typical day
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Stockton, CAJune 15, 2015
Pros: Being able to work directly with patients
Cons: The uncertainty of job security in a declining market
During my time at Pacific Pulmonary Services, I can say there weren't many typical days. Every day there was something different than the day before. I would check on my targeted physician offices and hospitals to see if my services could be used and according to how that particular place was operating that day, my day would be affected. I could go into a hospital and if they had a patient needing oxygen and was ready to be discharged, I would put everything on hold and that would be my first priority. If nothing was going on at my hospitals, I would go to my medical offices and check in with them. I would educate the staff on the benefits of home oxygen and the importance of testing their patients. That could lead to an order for an overnight test to qualify a patient. After my physician calls I would make my patient visits to either have them perform the overnight test or to assess how the therapy was working for them.
Good job but poor management
Personal Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Fife, WAMay 10, 2015
I enjoyed my work very much but ultimately left because one of the sales managers was so rude and condescending it made it a difficult place to work.
N/A
Patient Documentation Specialist (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAApril 28, 2015
Very rewarding being able to provide help to patients. There's a lot of room to grow and make a career out of. I really enjoyed my co workers they are very helpful.
A typical day at work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lexington, KYApril 7, 2015
Constantly answering phone calls back to back and assisting patients with their breathing equipment. Looking over accounts and paying attention to details.
Rewarding work helping customers.
Respiratory Technician (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 4, 2015
Pros: Good management, Great Co-Workers
Cons: On Call Nights, Not fantastic pay
Well run company. Typical day involved pulling necessary stock for daily orders and stocking delivery truck, delivering product to customers and training them how to use it. Picking up equipment that other customers were done with and taking back to base to be refilled and/or cleaned. Customers were almost always grateful for the service. Co workers were great. The only down-side is the on-call nights when you can be woken up or pulled away from your family at any time. Usually wasn't overly frequent. Overall a rewarding place to work.
Very productive workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee), Stockton, CAApril 2, 2015
Greeting customers, data entry, dispatch technicians, verify insurance and process, scanning medical documents, process orders, contact physician offices regarding orders, etc.
National Oxygen Distrabution Company
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Lexington, KyMarch 30, 2015
Accept, review and enter all faxed Oxygen Orders for a specific center.
Accept Faxes: I covered two supply centers in California for distribution of new orders for Oxygen set up and supply, as well as for CPAP, BiPAP and Nebulizer set up and supply. I would receive new prescriptions from Physicians in the area of my center.
Reviewed Faxes: I reviewed all incoming faxes for corrections needed for billing an insurance company for the equipment prescribed. I would email my center and assigned Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) with each order and the corrections that needed to be done by the ordering physicians. They would in turn get the corrected documentation from the ordering Physician or proceed to have the patient set up with the prescribed equipment.
ok
Revenue Representative (Former Employee), Brentwood, CAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Close to home
Cons: ??
alright company, Sales culture vs. Compliance Requirements failing constantly with Insurance. :Lost Medicare contract. FBI Investigation ect
Stressful & need to pay their workers more
Durable Medical Equipment Technician (Former Employee), Chicago ILMarch 10, 2015
Management is not reachable, not a very sociable environment, & the workers all ways at each other because management is not around
good place to work,but no advancement or better hours
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Lexington, KYFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: other employees
Cons: hours
I actually love working for Pacific Pulmonary Services, but in seven months I've put in bids for shift changes and passed over, I've worked overtime and done my very best to earn this, still being looked over. I've watched them hire people from the streets for supervisor positions while passing up highly qualified employees. I love my co-workers and we have resources to be able to help the patient and keep the patient first
awesome
Revenue Representative (Former Employee), Brentwood, CAFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: close to home
Handled all accounts receivable and payable accounts. Researched and constructed all reports and construction quotes for upcoming bids. management was excellent and friendly.
Always busy advancing in wotk.
Revenue Rep (Current Employee), bakersfield, caJanuary 21, 2015
A typical day at work is coming in and getting to work keeping busy and working on many patients as i can. I learn something new almost every day with dealing with insurances and medications. The hardest part about the job would have to be when you deal with more than 1 insurance rep with multiple different answers and not knowing which is correct.
One of the worst
driver (Former Employee), denverJanuary 4, 2015
Cons: the people
Backstabbing weasel managers, sales reps are basically hookers, condescending d-bag district mgrs, awful, just awful
Must have a heart for people and patience.Rewarding knowing you help people,but can be long hours with lots of road time.
Respiratory Equipment Technician (Current Employee), Wichita Falls, TXDecember 27, 2014
Depending on your location and what district you fall under.It can be a great job or just disorganized chaos with no help.This is a large conglomerate company with centers all over the United States.I have worked at my location for 3 1/2 yrs,but i am on a border between two states and when i started i was part of a district in one state and was able to cross state lines.It was great and the management was awsome.A little over a year ago the company restructured and rolled my facility to a district in the other state and i was no longer able to cross state lines.Thats when everything changed.I got a whole new group of management and the difference was like daylight and dark.The turnover rate in this district was high for techs.No communication,No help from management and everyone stayed confused.It was a fly by the seat of your pants with no planning,which resulted in long grueling days,lots of driving,and many customer complaints.The company has been under Medicare investigation for about 2 1/2 yrs and has lost a tone of money.They have now partnered with a Chinese company and have been doing major restructuring and downsizing. They are closing down a lot of small facilities across the states.Mine included. About 2wks before Christmas,just about the same time my wife and I were closing on buying a house,I find out they are shutting me down and i will be laid of by the first of the yr. What your really there for,(helping people)is a great part of the job,and very rewarding.The pay is pretty good.The benefits are decent,but if you add family members, the amount taken out of your check literally quadruples. Not much chance for advancement.
Busy
Technician (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COOctober 15, 2014
Our days consist of running our route for the day. Not one day is the same as the next and neither are the stops themselves. Some days all we do is deliver oxygen and supplies. Other days are filled with set-ups and hospital discharges.