Pacific Pulmonary Services Employee Reviews

Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 11, 2016
Started working here in 2016 and it was the worst decision I have ever made when it comes to jobs. I have never seen so much brown nosing, the sales reps are ok except one, management absolutely SUCKS! No room for advancement unless you are a friend of management, or a brown noser, the short time I worked there I saw 2 employees walk off the job and a manager fired. You don't know rather to follow management instructions or the sales reps instructions either way you're bound to get in trouble or upset someone.They say integrity is core value but they have no idea what that means!
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Great people that work there and flexible. Management in the other hand is awful.
Revenue Representative (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 23, 2016
Working there for 7 years had its ups and downs but mostly downs. The best I got out of working for PPS were the great friendships and the knowledge obtained throughout my course of employment. Management is terrible and only uses employees so they can look good and get recognized by corporate. You will get NOWHERE if your not a brown noser or liked by management. And if you think your knowledge, skills and work ethic will make you stand out, it is sadly untrue. Coworkers as well as myself would work our fingers off to meet and exceed deadlines and what would we get, BBQ burgers and hotdogs. I mean that was nice of them and I was thankful, but when it came to raises where was their appreciation? Cents that is all you got, shameful they use employees and do not acknowledge the positive only the negative. Integrity is one of their core values, yeah right obviously they do not know the meaning of that word, I believe that is self-explanatory.
Pros
Flexible and awesome coworkers
Cons
Management, No advancement, low pay and did I mention Management.
High work load with little to no recognition.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  PPS everywhereNovember 1, 2016
A typical day includes being berated by management every chance they get, If you are doing well on one thing but may slip a little they focus on the negative and make you feel like a failure.
Management has little to no concern about what struggles you are having making goals, then when the goals are not met they take advantage and jump on you with no compromise or game plan to ensure success.

When there is an issue and management feels inclined to step in often times they blow things way out of proportion and make things more difficult then they have to be often causing drama and stress/resentment with the rest of the team.
Pros
The local team is great.
Cons
MANAGEMENT! Pay increases are seldom, Workload is often to much.
Great employees but no room for growth
Revenue Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 25, 2016
nationwide dme oxygen and respiratory company that generates high volume accounts. hours are long each day and work most weekends. Management is awful at the locat office. No room for growth unless you are friends with management. Staff is over worked and underpaid.
Pros
benefits are ok
Cons
management is horrible
Horrible
Pulmonary Technician (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 1, 2016
Management is uneducated and inexperienced. Overtime was required but then disputed. They gave you a 60 hour work load and berated you if you could not complete it in 40. There is no communication between levels of management. There was no regard for technician safety or health. Health and safety legal requirements were only met when there was need to prove that they were in place.
Technicians fought each other for positions due to the constant threat of downsizing, and overwhelming workload. This company is an example of the bad side of capitalism. Emphasis and more money, with disregard for employees.
provide excellent customer service
Medical Biller/ Patient Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 14, 2016
typical day would be to work as many accounts as possible this includes getting new patient insurance, returning emails sent to us to call patients back and to collect as much money as possible. what i have learned is how to stay calm in a number of situations, working with each account and each phone call is different. As working with management i understand i the worker and orders will be told to me and plans may change each day.
Pros
at one time my position gave an incentive each month for money collected.
Cons
the incentive was taken away.
Fun workplace but corrupt upper management
Revenue Representative (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 2, 2015
PPS seems to be going down hill in all aspects. The company prides itself in integrity but this definitely has not been demonstrated. Management hires a lot of their relatives and friends and often shows bias and favortism. Month end is always hectic management and supervisors are rude every month end. This company has no sense of privacy if you tell your supervisor or manager something in confidentiality it will definitely get out. Do not I repeat do not trust them. Only way to get to the top with this company is be a good brown noser. Work hard and you will receive more work you will not be acknowledged.
Pros
Free coffee, tea, good bond with co workers
Cons
Poor management, problems ignored, no privacy, low pay, small raises
Terrible place to work
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 26, 2015
They were raided by the FBI! Who would want to work there????

The job / work life balance is nonexistent. The head sales member was unrealistic in their demands and often crossed the line in terms of appropriate conversations with their fellow team members.

The only person who had an idea of how to manage was our district manager, she understood there was issues needing to be overcome and she did everything in her power to help us and raise us up instead of breaking us down.
Good people
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 11, 2016
PPS is a great place to work if your not in sales....fantastic company. Excellent pay, Excellent benefits, friendly people.
Pros
excellent company
Cons
Tough on Sales people
Very average
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2016
A very average place to work. Management wasn't always clear to their wants from employees. Was let go without warning via phone call.

Want to know more about Pacific Pulmonary Services?

Ask a question
Fun and very friendly environement, make you feel like family
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 18, 2016
Learning how to work is more about trial and error, they give some guidance in this regards of who to talk to. The meat of it is trying to figure out your offices and how they work and how you can help them and make that they like you. Knowing what your talking about as well helps since your working with doctor offices and patients.
Never a typical day
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 15, 2015
During my time at Pacific Pulmonary Services, I can say there weren't many typical days. Every day there was something different than the day before. I would check on my targeted physician offices and hospitals to see if my services could be used and according to how that particular place was operating that day, my day would be affected. I could go into a hospital and if they had a patient needing oxygen and was ready to be discharged, I would put everything on hold and that would be my first priority. If nothing was going on at my hospitals, I would go to my medical offices and check in with them. I would educate the staff on the benefits of home oxygen and the importance of testing their patients. That could lead to an order for an overnight test to qualify a patient. After my physician calls I would make my patient visits to either have them perform the overnight test or to assess how the therapy was working for them.
Pros
Being able to work directly with patients
Cons
The uncertainty of job security in a declining market
Competative and professional workplace with fun people.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CaOctober 12, 2015
Work days are set hours unless overtime was needed. Co-workers are pleasant and helpful. I learned to do front end billing, worked to maintain medical equipment cleanliness and provide patients with specific products. The work changed very frequently as did management. I enjoyed making friends with the workers as well as some patients. By far the hardest part was learning that a patient had past away, all a part of life but still very difficult.
Pros
Friendly, Holidays off, compitions to encourage team work
Cons
Staff and work changed too frequently, at the time not many people felt their jobs were stable.
Like the people with worked with
New Start Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 26, 2016
This was a very busy place to work for. I learned a lot and really enjoyed moving up in this company. It was a very stressfull place cause things were always changing and it seemed to never be the same from day to day.
Great workplace
delivery driver/respiratory tech (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXJanuary 22, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people in need to make their day to day life better. All the employees that I worked with were great people.
Pros
Good Pay
Fast Paced Enviroment
Field Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  AlbuquerqueJuly 28, 2015
Work with a team
Communication is the key
Management works closely on operations
Co-workers ask. " What can I do to help?"
Hardest part of the job is keeping up with insurance guidelines
Most enjoyable part is working out a solution to have a happy patient
Pros
decent pay and benefits
Cons
short breaks
Consistently provided superior patient care, fun co-workers, local office
Respiratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 5, 2016
Every day a PPS Technician arrives at 8:00 AM, Monday thru Friday, determines which patients need deliveries that day and plans his route accordingly and leaves on route by 9:00 AM.
Technicians provide home oxygen, oxygen tanks, CPAP, BIPAP and Nebulizer therapy, as well as instruction and supplies.
When the route is complete, the Technician returns to the center, maintains a neat, organized warehouse, maintains inventory and handles patient calls.
The most enjoyable part of this job is patient care and problem solving.
The hardest part is being on call 24 / 7.
drive daily, warehouse maintenance, internal/external audits
Warehouse Lead / Lead Driver (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 9, 2015
normal work hours 8-5. Daily inspection of warehouse area.(i.e) cleanliness, safety. inventory control, sterilize inbound equipment. order/replenish low inventory. Load/unload delivery van daily. print delivery tickets. provide customers with daily deliveries of needed medical supplies. Schedule monthly maintenance/service for work van. Plan and schedule daily route, learn to work on your own, and with a team of co-workers. Also manage on call hours and weekend on call hours.
Pros
some flexibilty, vacation, health ins. 401k
Cons
on call required. including weekends
Great break room
Medical Biller (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 22, 2015
You learn quiet a bit working for this company, there is not much room for advancement, other than that I have enjoyed being here.
Pros
Free coffee and tea daily
Cons
Poor management
Worst DME company out there, run away ship is sinking
District Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  WashingtonMay 27, 2012
This company is going in the wrong direction, they are making cut back after cut back, which is driving sales rep's out of the company. Everything is being mismanaged. Mid level management just gives you song and dance, and nothing gets fixed, they just keep saying change is coming. Upper management never comes in the field, they take the word of mid levels, as truth. Very disconnected from the reality's of what is happening in the field daily. After six months, you would think they could make change happend. No support, planning, culture or vision.

2.6