Pacific Pulmonary Services Employee Reviews

Hated To Leave
Senior Customer Service Rep III (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 10, 2017
PPS was a great call center work environment with wonderful co workers, different departments and awesome supervisors. Relocated back to San Diego....
Pros
Lots to learn
Benefits
Good company
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 8, 2017
I think it was a good starting experience to show up to people's homes and help them understand things in respiratory therapy. It felt good to be thanked by the family.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
driving in traffic
competitive commission
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORAugust 5, 2017
sell pps products to physicians so they will use PPS over competitors.
ensuring documentation meets medicare standards
lots of driving in your own car but you do get reimbursed.
monthly safety meetings
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
very competitive market
Job Loss due to sale of company
Patient Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 3, 2017
I loved the team that I worked with. Management always had their favorites but I enjoyed coming to work. We prided ourselves on going the extra mile for our patients but that's all changed when the company was bought by an investment company. Patient complaints skyrocketed, service went to the way side, employee morale is non-existent and it's become extremely cut-throat. The company picks and chooses which laws that want to comply with. There's no written policies on pretty much everything. Within a week of being bought, mass layoffs began and most had no warning. The ones that were told that they were safe found out otherwise. The severance offered turned out to be close to nothing. Employees were forced to sign a form that they wouldn't pursue any actions in order to receive the severance as well. It's very sad and I doubt they will be around by this time next year.
Pros
Benefits and a pay check
Cons
everything else
Not organized
Document Support Specialist/Returns and Exchanges (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 1, 2017
No training, basically they feed you to the sharks. No one is ever on the same page, they provide you with no training and expect you to answer all the patients questions not even knowing what they are talking about.
Pros
some of the best co-workers
Cons
No one is on the same page, never get answers
Great company to work for until they were bought by an investment company
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 26, 2017
I chose to work for PPS over other companies because their core values aligned with mine. Unfortunately, after they went nearly bankrupt and were bought out by an investment company, they began to compromise on their core values and became a company that I was no longer proud to work for. Myself and many others were laid off in their restructure and as a result, the remaining employees and the departments that were left have suffered with little to no coverage. A very sad situation.
Company closed most offices
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAJuly 25, 2017
I was hired in March 2017 and in April we were told that the company had been sold.

Each week after that lay offs and office closures took place. Our office was told each week that we were "safe". In fact we were not. In July 2017 they laid even more people including 2 of the 3 customer service people in our office.

The new owners centralized all their business to an untrained call center where customers and providers alike are reporting being treated with rude indifference.

I would stay far far away!
Pros
Nice co-workers while they were there, easy 8-5 schedule
Cons
Company sold and they laid off 3/4 of their staff
Great Place to Grow and move up
Remittance Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 23, 2017
I started out in one department and moved up within a year. Great Place to learn medical field with on the job training. Professional and Structured. Paid vacation and benefits offered.
Busy environment
Customer Service Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 21, 2017
Very busy work day always. I learned a lot in the DME field. Management was not always available so I had to learn a lot on my own. We were a very independent work family and that was very enjoyable to me. I was very sad to go.
Pros
Great medical benefits
Job Lost
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 18, 2017
My immediate supervisor was great. My department was a close knit family. The company got bought out and began outsourcing with a company that became very problematic for current employees and for the patients. Every single patient I delt with after the merge hated sister company, their processes, and stated that the operators were very rude and lazy.

The new owners of the company I worked for eliminated multiple positions and wiped out 2/3 of the employees across the country in 3 months. NO job security or room for advancement at all anymore.
culture was horrible
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CA 93313July 12, 2017
management treats employees horrible. in the first 3 weeks of being on the team the whole building was pulled and yelled at for having food at their desks or listening to music via earphones. but management has food and music playing in their office. and we were yelled at for using the restroom.
Bought out and turned the company into something you cant be proud of
Field Services Representative (Former Employee) –  OklahomaJuly 12, 2017
This company was great to work for. The office culture was great and we prided ourselves on great customer services for our patients. Now after the buyout they have let go of more than half of all location staff and are cutting corners everywhere. This was somewhere you could be proud of working and now it simply is not.
Money is number one not patient care
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 10, 2017
If you were bringing in a lot of money you were great, if you maintained relationships with patients you were told to stop doing that and start bringing in more money. We couldn't bill items we were selling, we couldn't offer all items to patients and in the end everything came back to bite us. Tejin holdings drove us into the ground and then sold us to a horrible company (Quandrant) that in turn laid everyone off and our culture and trust as a company went down the drain. It was very tragic.
Pros
you got a paycheck
Cons
micro managed, too many employees for simple tasks, no compassion
Great workplace
Customer Care Representative III (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 5, 2017
Loved working their the employees were respectful of each other. Management made productivity fun and competitive. Wish the upper management had kept everyone informed about the sell of the company and the future of it's employees instead of unloading in just a day the termination so we could have been prepared to look for work sooner and would have been provided references so we could maybe find new employment faster.
Pros
Recognition for productivity provided and celebrated team accomplishments with free meals.
Cons
I loved it there.
Great Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 3, 2017
I truly enjoyed my job and the people I worked with. Great team environment. Management was great and very open with the employees. You were never made to feel uncomfortable when asking a question or discussing an issue.
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 30, 2017
I enjoyed my time with PPSC and learned so much about the DME business. The ladies in my office were very supportive and willing to teach me new things.
Pros
New learning opportunities, fast paced
Cons
Laid off
Not professional
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 26, 2017
I did not enjoy working for this company. Upper management were not always professional and I often felt alone and put down. It became a very uncomfortable work environment.
Not a good company to work for
Medical Equipment delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 25, 2017
I like the job it self ,but this company really need to do something about the way they managed their business,there was actually no management at all sometimes ,so there was no organisation to do the required job.
Not a good place to work
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKJune 24, 2017
The work environment was extremely hostile and the company has eliminated many positions with little to no notice at all. Lots of micromanaging and older co-workers who are not prepared to acclimate with technology change. Also no opportunity for career advancement
Pros
Great patients
Cons
No stability or long term opportunity
Look elswhere...
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  TXJune 21, 2017
DME industry in general is going down the drain. Medicare reimbursement rates are not enough to sustain the company and the reimbursement rates are getting lower and lower.
Cons
discouraged from taking vacation time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Pulmonary Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5