Pacific Pulmonary Services

Pacific Pulmonary Services United States Employee Reviews

Rewarding work helping customers.
Respiratory Technician (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 4, 2015
Pros: Good management, Great Co-Workers
Cons: On Call Nights, Not fantastic pay
Well run company. Typical day involved pulling necessary stock for daily orders and stocking delivery truck, delivering product to customers and training them how to use it. Picking up equipment that other customers were done with and taking back to base to be refilled and/or cleaned. Customers were almost always grateful for the service. Co workers were great. The only down-side is the on-call nights when you can be woken up or pulled away from your family at any time. Usually wasn't overly frequent. Overall a rewarding place to work.
Very productive workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee), Stockton, CAApril 2, 2015
Greeting customers, data entry, dispatch technicians, verify insurance and process, scanning medical documents, process orders, contact physician offices regarding orders, etc.
National Oxygen Distrabution Company
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Lexington, KyMarch 30, 2015
Accept, review and enter all faxed Oxygen Orders for a specific center.
Accept Faxes: I covered two supply centers in California for distribution of new orders for Oxygen set up and supply, as well as for CPAP, BiPAP and Nebulizer set up and supply. I would receive new prescriptions from Physicians in the area of my center.
Reviewed Faxes: I reviewed all incoming faxes for corrections needed for billing an insurance company for the equipment prescribed. I would email my center and assigned Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) with each order and the corrections that needed to be done by the ordering physicians. They would in turn get the corrected documentation from the ordering Physician or proceed to have the patient set up with the prescribed equipment.
ok
Revenue Representative (Former Employee), Brentwood, CAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Close to home
Cons: ??
alright company, Sales culture vs. Compliance Requirements failing constantly with Insurance. :Lost Medicare contract. FBI Investigation ect
Stressful & need to pay their workers more
Durable Medical Equipment Technician (Former Employee), Chicago ILMarch 10, 2015
Management is not reachable, not a very sociable environment, & the workers all ways at each other because management is not around
good place to work,but no advancement or better hours
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Lexington, KYFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: other employees
Cons: hours
I actually love working for Pacific Pulmonary Services, but in seven months I've put in bids for shift changes and passed over, I've worked overtime and done my very best to earn this, still being looked over. I've watched them hire people from the streets for supervisor positions while passing up highly qualified employees. I love my co-workers and we have resources to be able to help the patient and keep the patient first
awesome
Revenue Representative (Former Employee), Brentwood, CAFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: close to home
Handled all accounts receivable and payable accounts. Researched and constructed all reports and construction quotes for upcoming bids. management was excellent and friendly.
Always busy advancing in wotk.
Revenue Rep (Current Employee), bakersfield, caJanuary 21, 2015
A typical day at work is coming in and getting to work keeping busy and working on many patients as i can. I learn something new almost every day with dealing with insurances and medications. The hardest part about the job would have to be when you deal with more than 1 insurance rep with multiple different answers and not knowing which is correct.
One of the worst
driver (Former Employee), denverJanuary 4, 2015
Cons: the people
Backstabbing weasel managers, sales reps are basically hookers, condescending d-bag district mgrs, awful, just awful
Must have a heart for people and patience.Rewarding knowing you help people,but can be long hours with lots of road time.
Respiratory Equipment Technician (Current Employee), Wichita Falls, TXDecember 27, 2014
Depending on your location and what district you fall under.It can be a great job or just disorganized chaos with no help.This is a large conglomerate company with centers all over the United States.I have worked at my location for 3 1/2 yrs,but i am on a border between two states and when i started i was part of a district in one state and was able to cross state lines.It was great and the management was awsome.A little over a year ago the company restructured and rolled my facility to a district in the other state and i was no longer able to cross state lines.Thats when everything changed.I got a whole new group of management and the difference was like daylight and dark.The turnover rate in this district was high for techs.No communication,No help from management and everyone stayed confused.It was a fly by the seat of your pants with no planning,which resulted in long grueling days,lots of driving,and many customer complaints.The company has been under Medicare investigation for about 2 1/2 yrs and has lost a tone of money.They have now partnered with a Chinese company and have been doing major restructuring and downsizing. They are closing down a lot of small facilities across the states.Mine included. About 2wks before Christmas,just about the same time my wife and I were closing on buying a house,I find out they are shutting me down and i will be laid of by the first of the yr. What your really there for,(helping people)is a great part of the job,and very rewarding.The pay is pretty good.The benefits are decent,but if you add family members, the amount taken out of your check literally quadruples. Not much chance for advancement.
Busy
Technician (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COOctober 15, 2014
Our days consist of running our route for the day. Not one day is the same as the next and neither are the stops themselves. Some days all we do is deliver oxygen and supplies. Other days are filled with set-ups and hospital discharges.
Great working with co-workers, and customers alike
Customer Service /Mobile device Specialist (Former Employee), Novato, CAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: great work place, very high energy
Cons: never enough time in one day :)
These days you must be able to multi-task well to achieve high goals, and have great customer service skills. With the stress of today a pleasant attitude can go a long way when working with other.
Productive environment , Management could be improved
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAAugust 28, 2014
Pros: on occasion free lunches, and vender give aways
Cons: bad management, various favoritism to employees
Receive prescriptions from patients and input RX order into computer including all data (DOB, address, insurance information, and physician’s information). Verify medication quantity and type on printed prescription. Obtain medication and check medication for correct type and quantity and fill prescription.Once Pharmacist checks medication, receive payment from customer, cash, and credit/debit or payroll deduction and give medication to patient. Inventory medication on a monthly basis and remove expired medication. Catalog and package medication and send back to manufacture. Marketing perspective doctors office for new orders. Continual interaction with doctor offices and staff, via phone as well as patient notification for pick up and delivery. Contact patient’s with outstanding debts on a weekly basis for payment. Assist Respiratory Therapist in setting and processing Pt.s orders of Breathing Machines ( CPAP and BIPAP ) following Dr. orders per prescription, while continually maintaining records with in excel program , according to amount of orders filled , by using serial numbers, date and type of machines and settings.

Management was little to be desired , an employee could not approach them. I personally received verbally , cursing on several occasions. An impossible work load was continually put on employees. Various co workers were held to lower standard than other employees. The end of the month dead line was impossible.
Was a fun productive place to work when I first started
Customer Service Representative, Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Fairfield, CAAugust 21, 2014
Prior to PPS being bought out, it was a fun patient oriented place to work. After being bought out the company changed a lot. Sales was getting VERY pushy and things were being delayed because of #'s
Frustration On Every Level
Sales Account Executive, Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee), ColoradoJuly 21, 2014
Pros: lot's of time alone.
Cons: lack of resources, training, people etc....
I have been with the company for almost 2 years. Almost everything about my experience has been negative. Trying to sell a service and company I don't believe in has been challenging.
Fast paced environment
External Audit Manager (Former Employee), Albuquerque New MexicoJuly 8, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: lots of restructuring and there is a lot of lay offs
• Supervision of the department’s daily operations. Responsible for job performance evaluations, coaching/appraisals.
• Development, training, engagement and retention of employees.
• Maintained rapport with internal and external customers including Medicare contractors
• Perform quality control evaluations on account documentation in compliance with Medicare and other private insurance billing rules and regulations.
• Ensure timely and consistent internal/external audit responses.
• Evaluated acceptance and denials, as well as coordinated appeals.
• Assist in the development of effective pre-audit and post audit document collection strategies.
• Work closely with revenue, customer care, and IT top optimizes use of resources and minimizes time necessary to respond to external audits
Very busy
Patient Care Representative (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJune 25, 2014
A typical day consisted of answering phones and taking orders for oxygen supplies.
Fun job, horribly managed
Respiratory Equipment Technician (Former Employee), Merced, CAJune 21, 2014
Pros: some free lunches, nice delivery vehicle
Cons: don't get me started...
A typical day at work....Lots of work. Too bad I can't get help meeting goals that I am required to do because a coworker can't get to work on time and goofs off all day. Complained to management and they don't do anything about it. Like I stated the job could be fun, but there are no managers in the office. There is one manager that "manages" 5-10 facilities...Really ridiculous.
average
Sales (Former Employee), San Diego, ca,June 10, 2014
Average company with mediocre values and management. A good starting place for those who would like to break into the medical industry.
to many different managers, lately bad ones
respiratory equipment technician (Former Employee), san leandroMay 29, 2014
Pros: co workers, some managers was cool.
Cons: bad management, no raises in the last five years.
Work was ok when you finished in the warehouse and start your route.

1 2 3 4 5

About Pacific Pulmonary Services

PPS is one of the largest providers of home oxygen, sleep therapy and nebulized medications in the United States. We have more – Read more

Pacific Pulmonary Services Salaries