Pacific Pulmonary Services Employee Reviews

Fast paced , high call volume
Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 14, 2017
High call volume, Very Fast paced , Patient oriented
Multiple processing systems
Documentation review, Billing, Insurance, authorizations, sales. troubleshooting
Pros
Fast Pace
Cons
no advancement opportunites
Acquisition Caused 75% Reduction in workforce
Regional Sales & Education Manager (Former Employee) –  Novato, CAOctober 5, 2017
Great culture prior to acquisition. The best people worked at this company. They put Care in DME Healthcare. Now they are a shell of what they were due to the focus being growing the business through acquiring the competition not the care of the patient.
The company was sold and there were national layoffs
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Redding, CASeptember 19, 2017
I love working in healthcare and the patient interaction made the job for me. The company had a lot of changes of ownership and the patient care was drastically affected. My hope is that the patients are taken care of despite the fact that the company is shutting down branches across the U.S.
Fun place to work before company was sold
Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 14, 2017
I loved working at PPS when I was first hired on. It was a great place, with amazing management and coworkers. I enjoyed going to work and speaking with CPAP patients on the phone.
very stressful environment with unprofessional management
AR Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 1, 2017
Management is highly overworked and underpaid, causing stressed out unprofessional tense environment. Management is unfriendly and not kind to their employees.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
Unprofessional management
not good
Patient Care Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CA 93313August 31, 2017
Company has been sold, new owners are only in it for the money. management has its own clicks and only cares about there own and does not care about patient's well being any longer.
First Sales Job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CAAugust 30, 2017
I worked here a long time ago and I do not remember much about it. I know there was a lot of turnover with colleagues and management. There was very little training on home oxygen that I was selling.
Pros
My first sales opportunity
Cons
Lots of turnover, DME sales not good to sell
Overall, it was a good experience for me.
Field Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  CAAugust 28, 2017
Worked with a great group in a small office and there was a sense of comraderie. Manager was terrific. Company had issues and was sold in April; new owner laid off over 75% of employees nationwide.
Had potential, but buy out seems to have killed that
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 25, 2017
Announcement of buy out was announced the same day the papers were signed. New owners seem to have no interest in motivating employees. No one really knows what they're doing anymore. The open door policy the new owners spoke of at take over has yet to materialize. Pay rate is incredibly poor. Only good things in a work day are my co workers and the rare occasion you can actually help a patient. Had so much hope this would be a great place to work when I started. Not anymore.
Pros
Still have benefits, coworkers are great
Cons
No leadership, poor pay, no communication, lack cohesiveness through depts.
Former Employee
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKAugust 25, 2017
Worked for Pacific Pulmonary for 12 years. Many ups and downs. Enjoyed the patients and the co workers, but it was very stressful and sometimes long days. Not sure I would want to return to this line of work, but I never say never...
Pros
Good people to work with, Great benefits
Cons
Sometimes Super Long Days and On Call every other week
Cutthroat place to work
Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 25, 2017
Very stressful, they cared more about numbers than helping the patient, never really listened to the people who actually had to speak with patients on how to improve customer care/relations
not great place to work
customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYAugust 24, 2017
it was cut-throat. the manager had no idea of insurance guidelines or how the company worked. the company hired a manager with skills to manage a stationary warehouse, with no experience in insurance verification, medicare guidelines or how the company rated its customer service reps,
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
bad management personel
Was a good company...
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Northern CaliforniaAugust 21, 2017
The industry has changed an healthcare advocates are having to try and keep service levels up with less people. PPS was recently purchased and restructured and and is being run with less than 1/6th of the past field representation.
Pros
helping patients
Cons
No job security, declining medicare reimbursement
fun place to work
Customer Documentation Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 18, 2017
Great overall experience and definitely challenging. Great management but unfortunately they were bought out and let everyone go and that is why I am no longer there.
Hated To Leave
Senior Customer Service Rep III (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 10, 2017
PPS was a great call center work environment with wonderful co workers, different departments and awesome supervisors. Relocated back to San Diego....
Pros
Lots to learn
Benefits
Good company
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 8, 2017
I think it was a good starting experience to show up to people's homes and help them understand things in respiratory therapy. It felt good to be thanked by the family.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
driving in traffic
competitive commission
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORAugust 5, 2017
sell pps products to physicians so they will use PPS over competitors.
ensuring documentation meets medicare standards
lots of driving in your own car but you do get reimbursed.
monthly safety meetings
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
very competitive market
Job Loss due to sale of company
Patient Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 3, 2017
I loved the team that I worked with. Management always had their favorites but I enjoyed coming to work. We prided ourselves on going the extra mile for our patients but that's all changed when the company was bought by an investment company. Patient complaints skyrocketed, service went to the way side, employee morale is non-existent and it's become extremely cut-throat. The company picks and chooses which laws that want to comply with. There's no written policies on pretty much everything. Within a week of being bought, mass layoffs began and most had no warning. The ones that were told that they were safe found out otherwise. The severance offered turned out to be close to nothing. Employees were forced to sign a form that they wouldn't pursue any actions in order to receive the severance as well. It's very sad and I doubt they will be around by this time next year.
Pros
Benefits and a pay check
Cons
everything else
Not organized
Document Support Specialist/Returns and Exchanges (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 1, 2017
No training, basically they feed you to the sharks. No one is ever on the same page, they provide you with no training and expect you to answer all the patients questions not even knowing what they are talking about.
Pros
some of the best co-workers
Cons
No one is on the same page, never get answers
Great company to work for until they were bought by an investment company
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 26, 2017
I chose to work for PPS over other companies because their core values aligned with mine. Unfortunately, after they went nearly bankrupt and were bought out by an investment company, they began to compromise on their core values and became a company that I was no longer proud to work for. Myself and many others were laid off in their restructure and as a result, the remaining employees and the departments that were left have suffered with little to no coverage. A very sad situation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Pulmonary Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4