Pacific Pulmonary Services

Pacific Pulmonary Services Employer Reviews

Good company to learn at
Senior Project manager (Former Employee), RemoteSeptember 24, 2013
PPS is a good company to learn about the DME industry. It focuses on respiratory products for patients including oxygen, nebulized medications, and PAP therapy.
Great place to advance.
Medical Billing Auditor (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAAugust 27, 2013
I enjoy my co-workers and have been very blessed to meet such a great group of people.
Buyer (Current Employee), Novato, CAAugust 21, 2013
This is a productive environment, with demanding timelines. I enjoy working with the people within the company, but the dynamics are changing fast.
Pay is great compared to competition. Product and service kill you.
Patient Care Coordinator/Sales Rep (Former Employee), Garden City, IDAugust 21, 2013
Pros: pay, people, training
Cons: constant changes to rules, poor communication, limited operational support.
The upper management really is working hard to turn things around, but for my time there, I was fighting an uphill battle. Most doctors were happy to give me a shot because they didn't like any of the respiratory companies in the area, but the PPS call center hounded the patients to a degree that got me turned down a lot after that. The compliance issues – more... they had in the past are gone, and they are by the book legally, but there was a push to go above and beyond what was required for documentation that angered a lot of offices. The long and short of it seemed to be that they invest well in sales people, the sales management works hard to get you to a strong place, but the back of the house will start more fires than you can put out in the name of compliance. All in all, I liked the work, although the hours are terribly long if you want any measure of success, and the operations support is very limited. I liked everyone I worked with, but I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone until after their federal investigation is over and they can get their strategies sorted out. – less
Stay Away!
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee), ColoradoAugust 7, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: management and business ethics
If I could rate Culture/Values and Management lower than 1 star I would. I was told by my direct supervisor not to close out patients whose equipment we had picked up. This was to drive the # of active patients even though we would have to credit back the insurance companies that were billed while their client no longer had PPS equipment. Stay away!
great employee benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lexington, KYAugust 1, 2013
friendly leadership and supervisors, very dedicated to helping the patients we service.
great place to work, laid back environment
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee), lexington, kyJuly 24, 2013
Pros: comfortable atmosphere
Cons: dealing eith older people who may not can hear or understand you most of the time.
It is a great place to work and the people there are amazing. The management and supervisor staff are very friendly and the casual attire is wonderful. i would recommend them to anybody.
Very productive and never bored.
Medical Billing / Cash Application Specialist (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJuly 22, 2013
Pros: luncheons
Cons: a lot work which led to lots of mandatory overtime
Entering patients, insurances and company payments to our data base. I learned a lot about the accounting part of the company. The management at PPS was good. The hardest part of my job was balancing all the monies of the company. I enjoyed the staff because we all worked together as a team which made things at the job run smoothly.
billing specialist
Support Representative (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 13, 2013
Cons: job security
Come in in the morning hours and finished up any incomplete work from the day prior and the continue with current days work
Management is bad
Technician (Former Employee), NMJuly 5, 2013
Pros: working with people
Cons: management
Training is bad. You learn as you go. They have you doing things that you are not qualified to do, and if you don't do them you get in trouble. To many different managers telling you to do different things and you get stuck in the middle.
Worklife Balance
Training Coordinator (Current Employee), Novato, CAJuly 1, 2013
Pros: worklife balance
Cons: financial stability
Management is very flexible with work schedules; very good values; nice people; good community.
Billing Rep
Revenue Representative (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJune 19, 2013
This was repiticous job. There was no room for advancement and I did not learn much, only about Medicare guidelines
the drive is to far for the money
Customer Service Representative III (Current Employee), Lexington, KYJune 19, 2013
Pros: there are some nice people at the compant
Cons: the drive is to far
I arrive at work and begin going through my e-mails and checking
my Centers for incoming orders.
The job is fairly routine and not much of a challenge. It can be difficult on days when there is a huge volumne of patient orders which must be completed by the end of the work day.
I have learned a lot about health insurance and Medicare. The hardest part – more... of the job is being tied to the computer 8 hours a day
I'm an active person and find this hard. The worst part of the job is the distance I have to travel to get there. It's a 35 mile drive on I-75 and
when the roads are bad it's exhausting just getting to work. – less
Work
Medical Biller/ A/R Clerk, Medicaid (Current Employee), Tempe, AZJune 6, 2013
Typic day includes working denials, collections, then finally A/R. I also bill out all claims through a portal for New York & Conneticut Medicaid
Good working environment and good people to work with
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAMay 7, 2013
Pros: good working environment
Cons: extremely busy at times (mondays and fridays) but makes the work day go by quickly
Pacific Pulmonary Service is a good place to work for overall.
Excellent Support
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Hanford, CAApril 29, 2013
Pros: great benefits and personal freedom
Cons: very low commissions and difficult medicare requirements
I would make at least eight calls a day at patients homes, health clinics, hospitals or at private practices. Extensive work with Medicare guidelines, patients compliance and maintaning a large customer base. Very ethical company.
What a Joke
Reimbursement Rep (Former Employee), 93312-BakersfieldMarch 30, 2013
Do not quit your job to work for PPS. They have a huge turn around. They are always looking for someone new, trying to fix the mistakes that have already been made....You cannot fix stupid..It is just a matter of time after the raid back in 2012
Toxic and Unprofessional Work Environment
Patient Care Coordinator Assistant (Former Employee), Santa Fe, NMMarch 7, 2013
Pros: patient visits; the ability to schedule your appointments; overtime
Cons: unprofessional environment; emails and phone calls 24/7; overtime
Worst professional experience ever. Undefined assignments and constant changes benefiting which ever sales rep complains the most. Staff are unprofessional, disrespectful, and abusive toward one another. There is a lack of leadership in management. The managers overlook problems including unprofessionalism, poor treatment of coworkers, and other inappropriate – more... behaviors causing office tension to increase. Poor customer service. I witnessed the field customer service rep on many occassions using poor phone etiquette and being rude when speaking with patients, medical/physician offices, and employees from the Lexington call center. Patient care is almost nonexistent. Sales trump quality. – less
Love everything and everyone I worked with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 4, 2013
This was a great company to work for. I loved the work that I did and the people I worked with.
A place to work.
Customer Care Representative 3 (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAFebruary 26, 2013
Things change from day to day.
Good coworkers.
FBI Investigation.

About Pacific Pulmonary Services

Apparel makers reach for Teijin when they need more fiber. Almost a third of the company's sales come from fibers that are used – Read more