Pacific Pulmonary Services

Pacific Pulmonary Services Employee Reviews in United States

Rewarding work helping customers.
Respiratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 4, 2015
Well run company. Typical day involved pulling necessary stock for daily orders and stocking delivery truck, delivering product to customers and training them how to use it. Picking up equipment that other customers were done with and taking back to base to be refilled and/or cleaned. Customers were almost always grateful for the service. Co workers were great. The only down-side is the on-call nights when you can be woken up or pulled away from your family at any time. Usually wasn't overly frequent. Overall a rewarding place to work.
Pros
Good management, Great Co-Workers
Cons
On Call Nights, Not fantastic pay
Excellent Support
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hanford, CAApril 29, 2013
I would make at least eight calls a day at patients homes, health clinics, hospitals or at private practices. Extensive work with Medicare guidelines, patients compliance and maintaning a large customer base. Very ethical company.
Pros
great benefits and personal freedom
Cons
very low commissions and difficult medicare requirements
Revenue Representative (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 1, 2015
Not bad, but not the greatest place to work, my direct superviser made things really great, but people above her were not cool at all. a bit stressed at month end.
Great work expirence
Customer Care Services Represantive (Current Employee) –  CALIFORNIAJanuary 19, 2013
working there is a great work expirences, the management is great , great benefits and is a professional and fun enviroment to work.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
family insurance plan is to expensive
Pps
Sales and Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Folcroft, PAMay 8, 2012
This company is a fast paced pharmaceutical company. It is based out of California which can make some duties complicated. This is a corporate company that is constantly working towards getting revenue to where it needs to be.
benefits
Cons
constant communications
National Oxygen Distrabution Company
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KyMarch 30, 2015
Accept, review and enter all faxed Oxygen Orders for a specific center.
Accept Faxes: I covered two supply centers in California for distribution of new orders for Oxygen set up and supply, as well as for CPAP, BiPAP and Nebulizer set up and supply. I would receive new prescriptions from Physicians in the area of my center.
Reviewed Faxes: I reviewed all incoming faxes for corrections needed for billing an insurance company for the equipment prescribed. I would email my center and assigned Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) with each order and the corrections that needed to be done by the ordering physicians. They would in turn get the corrected documentation from the ordering Physician or proceed to have the patient set up with the prescribed equipment.
Great company
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richland, WADecember 17, 2013
Great company and management was excellent! Local management was always up to date on the day to day operations.
benefits
Great training
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 28, 2015
When I first started I receive great training, and received help when I first started. They told me they would work with my school schedule, and that was not the case.
Great Pay! Not So Great Managerment!
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 16, 2012
I love my job and the people I work with! The management, not so much!
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
management!!!
N/a
Patient Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 28, 2015
Very rewarding being able to provide help to patients. There's a lot of room to grow and make a career out of. I really enjoyed my co workers they are very helpful.
good place to work,but no advancement or better hours
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 17, 2015
I actually love working for Pacific Pulmonary Services, but in seven months I've put in bids for shift changes and passed over, I've worked overtime and done my very best to earn this, still being looked over. I've watched them hire people from the streets for supervisor positions while passing up highly qualified employees. I love my co-workers and we have resources to be able to help the patient and keep the patient first
Pros
other employees
Cons
hours
Worst DME company out there, run away ship is sinking
District Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  WashingtonMay 27, 2012
This company is going in the wrong direction, they are making cut back after cut back, which is driving sales rep's out of the company. Everything is being mismanaged. Mid level management just gives you song and dance, and nothing gets fixed, they just keep saying change is coming. Upper management never comes in the field, they take the word of mid levels, as truth. Very disconnected from the reality's of what is happening in the field daily. After six months, you would think they could make change happend. No support, planning, culture or vision.
A love hate relationship
Customer Care Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 10, 2013
Pacific Pulmonary gave me opportunities that I wouldn't necessarily had in other companies. They relocated me from Portland, Oregon to Lexington, Kentucky. They promoted me from within repeatedly. They paid me well. This allowed for me to buy a house, expand my family, let my wife have a job and not a career as she wanted. They also demanded a lot of time from me, I worked a lot of overtime always salaried so I never saw anything from it. I used up a lot of evening, weekend and family time. Anymore though, if you want any level of job security or ability to move up you have to sacrifice. I try to maintain a balance, Pacific Pulmonary hasn't ever made it easy. But I will always be grateful for what they've allowed me to give my family.
Great benefits and pay, but very unstable environment
Technician (Current Employee) –  North Bay, CAMarch 19, 2014
This company grew incredibly fast and then crashed. Management was very top heavy. Too many chiefs and not enough indians. Co-workers are really fun, and wonderful people, important when you constantly work overtime. Some folks were almost always on call and would be expected to cancel personal plans with no notice. If you did not comply you were given the cold shoulder by your managers. Communication throughout the company is poor and HIPAA compliance is as well. Once the FBI raided several locations in March 2012 things really started to go downhill and layoffs also started. This went from a very enjoyable place to work to one where today could be your last. It is very unfortunate.
Good job but poor management
Personal Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fife, WAMay 10, 2015
I enjoyed my work very much but ultimately left because one of the sales managers was so rude and condescending it made it a difficult place to work.
Stressful & need to pay their workers more
Durable Medical Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago ILMarch 10, 2015
Management is not reachable, not a very sociable environment, & the workers all ways at each other because management is not around
Toxic and Unprofessional Work Environment
Patient Care Coordinator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMMarch 7, 2013
Worst professional experience ever. Undefined assignments and constant changes benefiting which ever sales rep complains the most. Staff are unprofessional, disrespectful, and abusive toward one another. There is a lack of leadership in management. The managers overlook problems including unprofessionalism, poor treatment of coworkers, and other inappropriate behaviors causing office tension to increase. Poor customer service. I witnessed the field customer service rep on many occassions using poor phone etiquette and being rude when speaking with patients, medical/physician offices, and employees from the Lexington call center. Patient care is almost nonexistent. Sales trump quality.
Pros
patient visits; the ability to schedule your appointments; overtime
Cons
unprofessional environment; emails and phone calls 24/7; overtime
Awesome co-workers makes work fun
Customer Care Representative III (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 18, 2012
I take and make calls to patients, doctors and insurance companies regarding reauthorizing the services and equipment provided. Interacting with other co-workers to obtain the proper documentation needed by Medicare and private insurance companies is a major job responsibility. When I started with this company I knew nothing regarding Medicare or private insurers but now I am the subject matter expert and a mentor not only to my peers but also to management. I also wrote the standard operating procedures for a function within my department.
Pros
great co-workers, off on weekends
Cons
no advancemet opportunities
ok
Revenue Representative (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CAMarch 27, 2015
alright company, Sales culture vs. Compliance Requirements failing constantly with Insurance. :Lost Medicare contract. FBI Investigation ect
Pros
Close to home
Cons
??
PPS won't let you put the patient first. If you don't want to lie to people this job isn't for you.
Patient Care Coordinator - (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJune 12, 2012
Pacific Pulmonary Services has a knack for getting rid of people when they are about to bonus. They value long term employees as long as you are willing to constantly contradict yourself and look stupid to your patients and physicians. Working for PPS is like selling your soul. I agree that this company is a sinking ship. Did you know Flagstaff's office isn't even staffed? CSR is in Bakersfield or Lexington. Drivers only. Have fun with the paperwork! hahaha
Pros
$$$
Cons
jerks. lies. not helpful when managements only experience is a beer route!