Pacific Pulmonary Services Employee Reviews

Like the people with worked with
New Start Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 26, 2016
This was a very busy place to work for. I learned a lot and really enjoyed moving up in this company. It was a very stressfull place cause things were always changing and it seemed to never be the same from day to day.
Great workplace
delivery driver/respiratory tech (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXJanuary 22, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people in need to make their day to day life better. All the employees that I worked with were great people.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Consistently provided superior patient care, fun co-workers, local office
Respiratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 5, 2016
Every day a PPS Technician arrives at 8:00 AM, Monday thru Friday, determines which patients need deliveries that day and plans his route accordingly and leaves on route by 9:00 AM.
Technicians provide home oxygen, oxygen tanks, CPAP, BIPAP and Nebulizer therapy, as well as instruction and supplies.
When the route is complete, the Technician returns to the center, maintains a neat, organized warehouse, maintains inventory and handles patient calls.
The most enjoyable part of this job is patient care and problem solving.
The hardest part is being on call 24 / 7.
Professional work enviroment
Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 16, 2015
Enjoyed working for this company. The staff are well informed and easy to communicate with. A typical day at work consisted of loading my van and making a route for the day as well as making the delivery. The hardest part of the job was dealing with traffic. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the patients.
Pros
good insurance
Enjoyable atmosphere with great benefits
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 24, 2015
The work of Pacific Pulmonary Services, as a warehouse technician was under supervision of a stockroom manager and the director of pharmacy. My initial duties included preparing boxes for shipment, organizing stockroom, completing work orders, shipment of medical devices, logging all shipment, organizing receiving shipment and cleaning and maintenance of equipment. As i continued on the months the company continuously grew and new responsibilities and help from other departments soon grew. My ability to multitask and create solutions were provided by opportunities to help in health and safety by updating material safety data sheets for new pharmaceuticals. I created a new system of shipment quality checking by taking pictures of all things sent out and uploaded into computer. I recruited and handled paperwork for new employees and verified work process by phone. Soon by my 2nd year of working, my title was unknown since i did many different things, so when we had a huge meeting about our new Japanese owner. My position disappeared, and we had to reorganize our job duties. But thankfully, during my time there i had developed new skills and got to be involved in many buffets and have friendships that i still maintain.
Pros
Amazing benefits with rewarding monetary bonuses, always something to do and a need to be fulfilled
Cons
During time of employment the company got bought by a Japanese corporation, and was under heavy reorganization
Terrible place to work
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 26, 2015
They were raided by the FBI! Who would want to work there????

The job / work life balance is nonexistent. The head sales member was unrealistic in their demands and often crossed the line in terms of appropriate conversations with their fellow team members.

The only person who had an idea of how to manage was our district manager, she understood there was issues needing to be overcome and she did everything in her power to help us and raise us up instead of breaking us down.
Competative and professional workplace with fun people.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CaOctober 12, 2015
Work days are set hours unless overtime was needed. Co-workers are pleasant and helpful. I learned to do front end billing, worked to maintain medical equipment cleanliness and provide patients with specific products. The work changed very frequently as did management. I enjoyed making friends with the workers as well as some patients. By far the hardest part was learning that a patient had past away, all a part of life but still very difficult.
Pros
Friendly, Holidays off, compitions to encourage team work
Cons
Staff and work changed too frequently, at the time not many people felt their jobs were stable.
Fun workplace but corrupt upper management
Revenue Representative (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 2, 2015
PPS seems to be going down hill in all aspects. The company prides itself in integrity but this definitely has not been demonstrated. Management hires a lot of their relatives and friends and often shows bias and favortism. Month end is always hectic management and supervisors are rude every month end. This company has no sense of privacy if you tell your supervisor or manager something in confidentiality it will definitely get out. Do not I repeat do not trust them. Only way to get to the top with this company is be a good brown noser. Work hard and you will receive more work you will not be acknowledged.
Pros
Free coffee, tea, good bond with co workers
Cons
Poor management, problems ignored, no privacy, low pay, small raises
Customer care
RESPIRATORY EQUIPMENT TECH (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 14, 2015
Delivering oxygen and supplies on a daily basis.Ensuring that customers are able to operate equipment correctly. Ordering supplies for the office. Clean and inspect all equipment ensuring that they are ready for use.
drive daily, warehouse maintenance, internal/external audits
Warehouse Lead / Lead Driver (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 9, 2015
normal work hours 8-5. Daily inspection of warehouse area.(i.e) cleanliness, safety. inventory control, sterilize inbound equipment. order/replenish low inventory. Load/unload delivery van daily. print delivery tickets. provide customers with daily deliveries of needed medical supplies. Schedule monthly maintenance/service for work van. Plan and schedule daily route, learn to work on your own, and with a team of co-workers. Also manage on call hours and weekend on call hours.
Pros
some flexibilty, vacation, health ins. 401k
Cons
on call required. including weekends
Great Company with amazing leadership team !
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 5, 2015
Great company with time driven setting. Experienced and easy going leadership team. The best part about working for this company was being able to make a difference and help our patients.
Revenue Representative (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 1, 2015
Not bad, but not the greatest place to work, my direct superviser made things really great, but people above her were not cool at all. a bit stressed at month end.
Great break room
Medical Biller (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 22, 2015
You learn quiet a bit working for this company, there is not much room for advancement, other than that I have enjoyed being here.
Pros
Free coffee and tea daily
Cons
Poor management
lack of leadership
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 7, 2015
I made some of the best work friends I have ever had here, but the lack of management and leadership was very unprofessional.
Pros
variety of vending machines, free coffee and tea
Cons
low pay, expensive insurance
Fast Paced Enviroment
Field Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  AlbuquerqueJuly 28, 2015
Work with a team
Communication is the key
Management works closely on operations
Co-workers ask. " What can I do to help?"
Hardest part of the job is keeping up with insurance guidelines
Most enjoyable part is working out a solution to have a happy patient
Pros
decent pay and benefits
Cons
short breaks
Great training
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 28, 2015
When I first started I receive great training, and received help when I first started. They told me they would work with my school schedule, and that was not the case.
Good place to work, must have customer service skills!
Driver/Technician (Former Employee) –  stockton, caJuly 21, 2015
Great place to work with good pay. Must have amazing customer service skills. You as a technician will be in elderly patients homes installing medical equipment, be prepared to see the best and worst of people. Management changes frequently and rules about insurance guidelines are very tedious and difficult. Stability was an issue at my center, loss of a lot of accounts caused by bad sales personnel. Overall a good place to work.
Pros
good pay, company van
Cons
lots of overtime when you are oncall, bad customers
A difficult job in a difficult business
PATIENT CARE CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Western RegionJuly 1, 2015
Pacific Pulmonary means well and tries to do well for its patients, but not for its employees. The pay is low and you are supposed to be able to make it up with commission, but the commission structure is such that it is very difficult to make money. The benefits are not good enough to make it a worthwhile position.
Pros
Work independently
Cons
Low pay, poor benefits
Never a typical day
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 15, 2015
During my time at Pacific Pulmonary Services, I can say there weren't many typical days. Every day there was something different than the day before. I would check on my targeted physician offices and hospitals to see if my services could be used and according to how that particular place was operating that day, my day would be affected. I could go into a hospital and if they had a patient needing oxygen and was ready to be discharged, I would put everything on hold and that would be my first priority. If nothing was going on at my hospitals, I would go to my medical offices and check in with them. I would educate the staff on the benefits of home oxygen and the importance of testing their patients. That could lead to an order for an overnight test to qualify a patient. After my physician calls I would make my patient visits to either have them perform the overnight test or to assess how the therapy was working for them.
Pros
Being able to work directly with patients
Cons
The uncertainty of job security in a declining market
Good job but poor management
Personal Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fife, WAMay 10, 2015
I enjoyed my work very much but ultimately left because one of the sales managers was so rude and condescending it made it a difficult place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Pulmonary Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6