PACIFIC QUEST Employee Reviews

challenging work but very rewarding
Lead Field Guide (Current Employee) –  Hilo, HINovember 13, 2017
long hours and challenging clientele. Incredibly rewarding work, but needs to be willing to commit to riding the waves. Tons of personal growth, not so much career.
Pros
personal growth
Cons
Work with amazing youth and teams - outside everyday!
Program Guide (Former Employee) –  Nā‘ālehu, HIMay 11, 2017
Pacific Quest provided me with a wonderful opportunity to hone many of my clinical skills with youth before applying to graduate school. The clinicians and field staff turn-over somewhat regularly but this place attracts really great folks from all over.
Pros
Garden/farm with kids in service of their healing
Cons
Shift work can be very hard!
Great job, with great employees, at a less than great company
Horticulture Therapy Guide (Current Employee) –  Hilo, HIJanuary 16, 2017
Pacific Quest is full of guides that genuinely care about the work that they are doing and this shows in the progress in the students they work with. Sadly the owners of the company are checked out of the company they have created and the management team has a very hands off approach to leading those that are beneath them.
Pros
great coworkers, insurance, lots of opportunity for personal growth
Cons
not a sustainable job, the company's needs often come before those of the guides
Encouraging Environment for young adults to self evaluate
Overnight Guide/Student Transport (Current Employee) –  Hilo,HawaiiJanuary 13, 2017
Uplifting environment with a postie attitude for young adults who struggle with life goals, staff and workers have a positive output in general. Friendly atmosphere.
Pros
Not that much stress on work, work flow is easy going
Cons
long shifts, trouble staying awake, caffeine and other are prohibited.
Pacific Quest
Field Guide Instructor (Current Employee) –  Hilo, HIDecember 12, 2016
Working at Pacific Quest has not only taught me teaching techniques, but it has equipped me with problem- solving skills, and group management skills.
The downside of this great job
Past field guides and a supervisor (Former Employee) –  Big Island, HIMay 19, 2016
Your life will revolve around this job as a field guide. You spend more time at the work place than you will at home. When you are enjoying your off time many of your coworkers, and likely yourself as well, will need to talk about work. Pay is low but the students are worth it. Good luck getting your breaks if you work with adolescents.

Transparency lacks from the higher up. During a Dengue outbreak it was told to us that the handful of staff who were diagnosed with it received it from a valley hike, it was found that some of them never made such a hike. When wages increased it was told to us in a matter of how they been working on it and we deserved it, it was found to be more likely due to minimum wage increases in the state of Hawaii. When the company hired too many workers they recommended everyone to take time off or be at risk of being forced to take the shift off (asking for time off doesn’t qualify you for unemployment benefits).

There is a theory of "maybe this job isn't for you" when bringing up staff health sustainability. Very high turnover shows this theory to include most field guides. Many don't last past a year. You will know if the business wants you by how they react to mistakes.

So many fields guides' health slowly becomes more of a focus. You will likely start having irregular bowl movements (#7).

Refrain from gaining injuries while at work. A couple of workers had to go into a stressful battle to receive worker’s comp. Keep track of your payroll, many times workers found mistakes that where not in their favor.

Now you may go through this job
  more... with no qualms and a thankful relationship with PQ. The views are beautiful, the bananas bountiful, and the students are the best part of the job!

There is so much more to the Big Island than just PQ, make sure to explore!
Pros
Self growth, staff-student relationships, your co-workers
Cons
Lack of transparency/trust, no breaks, self-health
"You get out what you put in."
Program Guide (Former Employee) –  Hilo, HIMay 9, 2016
Like you, perhaps, I was curious to find out what Pacific Quest was all about. Despite negative earlier reviews, I'm glad I took a chance on it because working here challenged and changed me for the better.

Think of the company as a whole in its young years; changing all the time, but holding onto what will ultimately continue to contribute to strong growth. In this case, a lot seems perpetually in-flux. The cool part is the decision-makers are both open to suggestions and even supportive of accommodating visions for new directions. This said, if you can dream it, you can probably find someone eager to hear you out in the interest of finding a way to support you to do it. This said, it might be a slow process, but the right things always have a way of working out in the right time.

On shift, all meals are provided; pretty darn healthy, variably tasty, and ultimately a nice benefit. We also had free gym membership and discounts on some snazzy outdoorsy products. With no exception, all my co-workers were cool, competent people who had a lot of adventure in their hearts, and in most cases, under their belts as well. As we spend a lot of time together, we learn well how to communicate effectively, with constructive feedback a major aspect of the program.

Though days/hours can be long, breaks help, whether scheduled or by surprise-respite (i.e. on-shift yoga, reading/sketching quietly while keeping an eye on students.) Of course, the long break from work is a great opportunity to both rest up and explore, and the Big Island makes an outstanding playground -- always
  more... something new to explore.

The bummer for me was that introductory role rate-of-pay came to about half what I anticipated making based on the figures provided, which turned out not to be a sustainable amount (for me personally. Financial situations vary, but for an idea: despite living simply, I had maybe $25 left/pay after paying school loan, car payment, rent and credit card payment. Doable, but probably best for those who have a little more financial flexibility.)

Ultimately, this job is a great opportunity to be a helpful presence and positive role-model for students who are in position to develop healthy habits. You might find some of these habits rubbing off on you, as well :).
Pros
All meals provided on shift, cool co-workers, countless opportunities for personal growth, shift-work schedule.
Cons
Pay could be better, shift-work schedule.
Most challenging and rewarding job I've ever had
Senior Lead Guide (Former Employee) –  Na'alehu, HIApril 10, 2016
I could go on and on about PQ but I'll try to keep this brief.

A typical day at work is 12 to 16 hours long, dependent on several factors. You spend your time cooking, talking with students, farming, doing exercise, and helping make sure students are meeting their daily expectations and working toward therapeutic goals. It sounds like a long work day, but because you live at work when you're working, it doesn't feel so long.

I learned an immense amount and continue to learn from it even though my time at PQ has ended. I learned how to laugh and let the small things roll off my back. I learned how to take care of myself when it was the last thing I wanted to do. I learned how to take care of others in more ways than I knew possible. I learned about farming and cooking and what teenagers are into. I learned how to hold effective and therapeutic boundaries. I learned how to be genuinely myself and use it as a tool to encourage others to do the same.

I can't imagine having better management than we have at PQ. There are going to be things you don't like or agree with at any job, and that's true at PQ. There were times when I became frustrated or questioning about rules or decisions that were made. What makes PQ stand apart is that I never felt uncomfortable being transparent with my bosses about my feelings. PQ values and practices feedback and open communication. It was the healthiest work environment that I can imagine. When you watch your supervisors working just as hard as you, showing authentic compassion and concern, and still be able to give you a hug after having
  more... a tough conversation, it makes it really easy to respect them and listen to them even when you don't agree. The management consistently made me feel like I was supported and that they were invested in me and my growth.

Co-workers = automatic pals. Seriously. The PQ community is a collection of incredible individuals. There is occasional friction between staff, which is normal, but for the most part, we're a big ol' family.

The hardest part of the job is watching students struggle and sometimes not knowing how to help. This can look like a lot of different things - sometimes defiance, sometimes shutting down, sometimes self-harming, sometimes running - but it's always difficult to be at a loss for how to help a student move forward. Thankfully, that's where being a part of a huge team comes into play, and there is always someone to support, give ideas, tag-team, etc.

The best part of the job? Everything else. The students are hilarious, intelligent, creative, weird, amazing people. They make me laugh everyday. They teach me just as much as I teach them. It's a privilege to watch a student change and grow and become so much more themselves.

This job is hard and will push you to your limits sometimes, but the benefits far outweigh the negatives. I'm grateful every day for my time at PQ.
Pros
community, best bosses ever, food, fresh fruit everywhere, automatic friends, a job where you laugh a lot, seeing the stars in Hawaii every night
Cons
Job is tiring, can be emotionally taxing, Hawaii is far
Unique job, taxing in the long-term
Program Guide (Current Employee) –  Nā‘ālehu, HIJanuary 27, 2016
The typical day is long (around 12-15 hours) and a shift is 8 days. The position of program guide takes a high level of concentration and communication skills. Some of the common tasks are: waking student and accompanying the students in the bunks for 1-2 hours per night, writing notes on students for therapists, keeping track of student body functions and physical well-being (including dispensing medications), leading exercise and landwork (gardening) groups, creating and teaching wellness and curriculum lessons, cooking food for the camp, "perching" (managing where students go in the camp and keeping track of where all students are at all times), and aiding students in communicating with each other in healthy ways.

I learned how to let go of control and let others make decisions when appropriate, how to work long shifts in a way that was sustainable for me. Also, I learned how to manage my own emotions and to deal with conflict that occurs when working with students and staff for long hours, when both groups are emotional/and or tired.

Co-workers are very often hired with a significant level of expertise and experience. Co-workers are encouraged to give and receive feedback on a regular basis. Most staff in this position are in their early to mid twenties, and are often interested in backpacking and adventuring. Many program guides enjoy some level of partying on their off shifts, as is typical for the age group. However, this is not an issue during the work shifts.

The hardest part of the job is the requirement for constant communication with others and the ability
  more... to stay emotionally regulated through a shift of 8 12-15 hour days while working with challenging students. Staff and students often rotate camps, and there are often weeks where the program guides must build rapport with staff and students they have never worked with.

The best parts of the job are living in beautiful Hawaii, the sense of automatic community in a new place where people tend to be far from home, working for a program that seems to be effective for most students, teaching students to love the earth and to connect with deeper meaning in their lives, and connecting with some really wonderful young people. While some students are challenging every day, other students are wonderful and working hard every day. Seeing students transform into passionate and healthy beings is a special process and an honor.
Pros
Food and housing during work shifts, meaningful work, Hawaii
Cons
long shifts and long hours, little pay, mediocre support (sometimes great, sometimes severely lacking)
Great company, even better message
Guide/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Naalehu, HIJanuary 9, 2016
I worked for PQ for over two years and what I have come to learn about this job is it is not for the faint of heart. This was the hardest and the most rewarding experience I've ever had. I have heard many negative comments on here and I question if these comments are from people who were not really prepared to put in the effort it takes to work here. Shift work is exhausting, no matter what company you work for or what you are doing. It's long hours and on top of that, you are dealing with teenagers in a therapeutic setting, nothing about that is going to be easy. And then, magically, after a period of time, it becomes easy. You find your routine, problematic situations become less stressful, your delegating skills and interpersonal communication are suddenly transformed into jeti-master level wizardry. I thought I came to work for this company to support the next generation, but I learned way more about myself and grew...substantially....then I could have ever imagined.

Being a smaller, younger company, it's easy to move up and around. Upper management is constantly looking for way to expand and improve in order to support field teams and the company at large. Most changes in the company come from the ground up. Your support system as a guide is very wide and you are encouraged to reach out to whoever you need, whenever you need. Supervisors and managers take the time to learn your strengths and weaknesses play toward them. You are encouraged to look at your grow points and ask for support in bettering them. You WILL be pushed on many levels. You will be
  more... pushed by the students, then you will be pushed by your supervisors, then you will be pushed by your managers, and when all is said and done, you will be a better mentor and well-rounded employee (for any job). If you are looking for a job that tip-toes around feedback and doesn't push you out of your comfort level, then this isn't the place for you.

Beyond being able to work outdoors, what drew me to this company was it's message. PQ is teaching adolescents how to cope with their various disorders/addictions/problems by means of gardening and relating to nature. What a fantastic message to be a part of! Days are long and there are many expectations to meet within them. You will stay busy all day, every day of your shift. This is not a desk job, be prepared to lead an exercise, teach a garden lesson, prepare a meal, and handle an (or several) emotional breakdown all within an afternoon. For some people that sounds exhausting, for myself, I LOVED that I never got bored or twiddled my thumbs. As a guide, you have the freedom to plan your days and there isn't someone micromanaging. There is oversight and mentoring from supervisors, but for the most part, they are not interested in telling you how to run your day.

I could keep going, but overall I think my message is clear. This job is hard work and if you willing to take on that work, it will be one of the most valuable experiences of your life.
Pros
you live in paradise, get 26 weeks of vacation a year, learn more about yourself then you could imagine and make an impact on the next generation
Cons
days are long and full of physically and emotionally challenging work, you are far from your family, cliental is challenging
"The toughest job you'll ever love"
Lead Guide (Former Employee) –  Na'alehu, Ka'u, HIDecember 30, 2015
The title is what they say about the Peace Corps and after working for both I'd say Pacific Quest is a close second. First of all you have to drop everything you know and are comfortable with on the mainland and move into the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Hawaii may be part of the USA, but its the closest thing you can get to traveling a developing country without actually being outside the USA. Although when you arrive their is this instant friend group already built up for you. I made friends with the incoming guides the first week and by my 3rd shift i had moved in with some others.
The job itself is challenging and demanding both physically and emotionally. The hours are long and the kids you work with are not always a cake walk. The environment is constantly changing and you have to not only adapt, but teach others that adapting to change is a natural way of life. Although it is hard there are about 30 of your peers going through it all together. Management was demanding and pushed you to your limits, but they were also supportive and coached you through the challenges. The supervisor also worked harder than myself so it made me more willing to push myself.
Although it is a huge adjustment I would highly recommend it for anyone feeling the need for a job that will push them and give life meaning.
Pros
Teamwork, fruits, Hawaii, 6 days off, outings, educational, free organic food
Cons
Long hours, minimal breaks, late nights, Low pay
The hardest and most rewarding job I have ever had
Field Guide (Former Employee) –  Naalehu, HIDecember 28, 2015
I learned more than I could possible type into a small box here. Working at PQ as a field guide was simultaneously the most rewarding and most challenging experience I have ever had. My co-workers, supervisors, and managers were supportive, caring, and inspiring humans. The students I worked with taught me an incredible amount. I arrived in Hawaii with no experience in wilderness therapy and no idea what to expect. I was blown away. This job transformed who I was as a person.

Besides the amazing personal growth, I'd like to address a few of the nitty gritty details:

Pay-
Nobody does this kind of work because they want to make millions. It's not happening. However, although the hourly wage is low, I found it more than enough to suffice. I have since moved back to the mainland and work a 9-5 job. At this job I am paid much more hourly than I was in Hawaii, but I actually find it much more difficult to make ends meet. I believe this is a function of room/board costs and overtime pay.

Hours-
Yes, you do work 120 hours/shift (8days) yes, it is difficult. Yes, you are paid overtime for every hour over 40. Yes, your week is split so 4 days are on each week. But, you also get 6 days off every other week. If I did my math right, you can get 26 Hawaiian vacations in this year!

Food-
No- you will not starve on the salary,indeed, I found quite the opposite. First, you get 3 meals a day plus snacks while on shift. Check out the cost of food, in Hawaii-this is awesome! Plus, the food is high quality. This is important to me.

Housing-
Next, housing
  more... is provided while you're on shift. Yes- it is a shared dorm room, if you're not into that, maybe this isn't the job for you. For the "off shift", the 12 days a month you aren't working, you'll most likely want to rent a room in Hilo/Pahoa/Kona. If you're into it, you can get a "ghost" roommate, or someone on the opposite shift to share a room with you in Hilo, you'll never be in the room at the same time, and you can save on rent. Renting a room in Hilo/Pahoa is cheap (200-500) in a shared house. Divide this by 2, I can't image finding rent this cheap anywhere else I have lived. And it's awesome to live with your co-workers (did I mention, they are the BEST part of the job!)

This job is not for everyone, it is an all consuming lifestyle, not a 9-5 thing that you do. If you are open minded, ready for a challenge, and are willing to let this job change you, take on the challenge. If you're afraid of bugs, don't like working in the mud and rain, and want a job that won't challenge every part of you, then maybe this isn't the right place for you.
Pros
Amazing co-workers, delicious food, personal growth
Cons
Look elsewhere for similar opportunities where you'll be treated like a human being and treated fairly
Program Guide (Current Employee) –  Hilo, HIJuly 18, 2014
Be cautious before accepting this job. Although they preach about teamwork and growth, but you are ultimately disposable regardless of your work ethic and experience. I've witnessed fellow co-workers breakdown into tears while on the job, either in front of upper management or students. It does not matter how many things you do right while on the job, only the negative will be noticed and brought up to the forefront as "constructive feedback." But it's just a bunch of beating around the bush so they can avoid telling each other how they really feel.

It's actually easier to talk and listen to the students with all of their problems combined, then it is deal with upper management. They will tell you how to do one thing or another but aren't in the field themselves to witness your performance and help you grow. It's very counterproductive and unprofessional.

This job WILL change you, and you may not like what you find on the other side, regardless of the lure of Hawaii.

Don't be fooled by the various niceties thrown your way in the beginning, you could be doing your job perfectly and go above and beyond the call of duty but at the drop of a hat, all of that will be ignored and forgotten once they don't need you anymore. Remember: if you're looking for job security, this isn't the place!! They can ask you to leave at anytime without just cause and you agree to it once you accept the job.

Not worth it, look elsewhere, and don't send your kids here either as a staff or a student!!
Pros
Experience, basic learning opportunities, fun working with the students.
Cons
Upper Management, poor pay, rains every single day, cockroaches in the kitchen and bathrooms, you are disposable at any time without warning or cause.
Great job in a great place with amazing people.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Naalehu, HIFebruary 5, 2014
Amazing place to work! If you like helping adolesents or adults and enjoy personal growth this organization is a great place to seek employment.
Co-workers are family, but you ultimately are disposable.
Field Staff/Program Guide (Current Employee) –  Reeds Bay/ HiloMay 7, 2013
I learned a lot about myself during my time at PQ. I have enjoyed my time with the company, however, I have mixed feelings about this company.

The way the company treats its field staff (or program guides, I guess they are called now) is incredible... incredibly poor. They are paid minimum wage-- despite the fact that all have a BA at minimum and quite a few have Master's degrees or several years of directly related experience. Not only that- but PQ had to be sued in order for the current arrangement to take place (after 40 hours of working you are paid time and a half). Despite the fact that even though Field Staff work an average of around 60 hours a week if you were to divide it evenly (approximately 120 hours every shift, 2 shifts a month=240 hours, divided by 4 [work weeks in a month]= about 60 hours a week) The company is still able to somehow claim that Field Staff are "part time." Sorry, but that's the biggest load of you-know-what. By doing this the company is able to deny benefits.. such as healthcare. It's just ridiculous because the only people who spend more time at that facility than the field staff are the two field supervisors.

There is a culture of open feedback, with ideas and suggestions welcome from anyone in the program regardless of their position-- however sometimes I'm not so sure if this is a genuine attitude-- I think there is a bit of hypocrisy in this area-- "your ideas are welcome but if we disagree then your thoughts are invalid" is the attitude I felt coming from upper management.

The company can tell you when you must take time off
  more... without any notice. The company can fire you without any notice, and some people have been fired for poor reasons, I've seen some of the most highly dedicated employees, or employees with incredible potential let go for poor reasons. Ultimately you are disposable at this company and the people who may or may not choose to dispose of you are literally NEVER (or at the most RARELY) in the field to see the work you do. I understand that they have things going on, however, I've seen really good staff let go for little to no reasoning, and it has made both myself and fellow employees afraid for the security of our jobs. Essentially the company treats the people who do very little like gods and the people who are breaking their backs working like scum. Only now do I see the parallel to American society within this company, haha. #OccupyPQ

That said- the job isn't all that bad, the hours are long and the students can be tough to work with, but you can see some incredible progress in some of them, and that is what makes the job worth it. When I leave I will not regret my time here, but I will definitely be looking for a job that treats the people who dedicate 100% of their time and energy into their job with respect and benefits. It's a great experience and you will learn a lot about yourself if you work for PQ, but don't expect to be treated as you should by the company. The people who pull the strings know you're disposable-- there are hundreds of recent college grads with BAs in psychology who are willing to come to Hawaii to work, so they have no qualms about letting any of their employees go, even those who have been there a long time.
Pros
Great students and coworkers, super location, great learning opportunity
Cons
No job security, low pay, no workers rights, employees are disposable
A great lifestyle for your mid 20s and an opportunity for personal growth.
Lead Field Instructior (Former Employee) –  Na'alehu, HawaiiFebruary 5, 2013
Pacific Quest has been good to me. I came there to see if being a therapist was right for me and to live somewhere else before applying to grad school. While at PQ I learned a ton about myself and was given opportunities to show my strengths in the face of challenging therapeutic scenarios. At the time, half the employees were mainly working there because they loved living in Hawaii, the other half were deeply connected to helping teens navigate the difficult transition into adulthood. I connected with the latter group. I stayed at PQ for much longer than the average employee, and hope that PQ keeps attracting those who love the work. Upon hearing my interest in Rites of Passage, PQ paid for an 8 day training and vision fast in the desert. PQ rewards those who dive into the work and are authentically interested in increasing their skill set.
Pros
shift work, there's a built-in community of people your age, receive great feedback in the face of challenging situations, interaction with the students, a culture of working on goals and personal growth, being goofy with kids and being serious when that's what they need
Cons
shift work, increasing expansion of the program, no healthcare, not trying hard enough to keep field staff for as long as possible
Passionate group of people and beliefs
Finance Director (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 30, 2013
Each day is long but productive and I get to wear so many different hats. Every department pulls together to keep Pacific Quest running for the kids. I have learned how it is not just one department that keeps PQ moving forward. It is truly the efforts of every employee from Staff to Management that pull together to make sure all the parts fit and no balls are dropped. Truly "it takes a village".
Pros
flexible hours, open communication with all levels of staff
Cons
not enough time in the day to get it all done
Personal Growth
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Naalehu, HIJanuary 30, 2013
Pacific Quest gave me the support needed. If you are looking for a place to live, work, and discover your personal skills...look no further, PQ changed my life.
Great work culture
Young Adult Program Director (Current Employee) –  Hilo, HIJanuary 29, 2013
I have worked in the field of wilderness therapy for 10 years at other programs on the mainland and consider this the best work experience I have ever had. Pacific Quest makes decisions based on the care of the students we serve the priority at all times. The upper management and owners treat employees with respect and kindness, I immediately felt part of the Pacific Quest “family” upon arrival to the island. The leaders have daily involvement in the facilitation of the programs, and genuinely care about the well being of the students and staff.
My co-workers are dedicated to the program and work well together as a team. There is a culture of open feedback, with ideas and suggestions welcome from anyone in the program regardless of their position. I would whole-heartedly recommend this organization to anyone looking for a great work experience.
Pros
healthy and welcoming work environment
A Job That Saved My Life
Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee) –  HiloJanuary 29, 2013
I'm not surprised to find that people have written brief, negative reviews of they're experience with Pacific Quest.

I've been with the company for 4 years and I've seen a lot of staff come and go. Its inevitable that in this span of time some people won't work out. I feel that many of the negative reviews may stem from the latter. That being said, I'd like to take a moment to describe MY experience with this company, and how it changed my life.

When I first heard of Pacific Quest I had just graduated from college. The economy was at its peak of recession; I had sold my IRA retirement fund that I’d been working on for four years just so I could pay the costs of living for my last quarter of school. Once I graduated I sent out an ungodly number of resumes to different company’s, searching for employment. I received not correspondence back from any of the companies or organizations I contacted. Nothing.

With my last $600 I ended up driving my car down to L.A. to live with my two brothers. I paid no rent and had no income, except for when I would occasionally get temporary, “one day” work in the city. I was living on a couch with no direction and no passion. It was a nightmare, and I didn’t see a way out. I remembered Pacific Quest, and sent a resume. Low and behold I heard back from them and was ecstatic to get a phone interview with one of the recruiters. I remember being so nervous for the interview; I wanted this job so bad. I remember I even dressed like I was going to a real interview. By the end of the phone call I had a job and a start date for employment. I sold my
  more... car and left for Hawaii with two backpacks and a one-way ticket. I’ve never looked back.

I started at the bottom of the totem pole, an entry-level field instructor with NO experience working with troubled youth, I was up for the challenge and I think they saw this in me. Now I’ve worked my way into the upper management of the company. If you work hard, pay your dues and have a great attitude anything is possible. I left for Hawaii knowing no one, and having no idea what to really expect. This leap of faith and unexpected course I’ve taken has been one of the best decisions I’ve made.

When I started the company was completely different than where it is today. Its continued to evolve and change with the times, actively working on enhancing the culture and making the work more sustainable.

Let’s be honest though. Wilderness Therapy is hard work. Until you’ve experienced it for yourself, there’s no real job that compares. This can be a very difficult adjustment for people who’ve never worked in this field. I’ve seen a huge change in the company to support new staff and keep those that are the companies rock stars. I’ve seen a lot of hiring from within, which is fantastic.

Make no mistake though; there is feedback every week for staff. There are always things to improve on, or things to learn from. It’s hard to look at yourself and ask “what can I do better? What can I do different? What can I learn from this?” and I personally feel we don’t ask ourselves these questions enough in our day-to-day life, so it can be challenging for people to have an employer ask them these questions.

Pacific Quest has high standards, and they have too. They’re dealing with therapeutic outcomes for clients, trying to help young people with severe problems. If your not willing to look at yourself and make yourself better at your job, and t what you do-so you can best serve these kids, then maybe this isn’t the work for you.

I didn’t get to where I am today, by not hearing feedback. I look at feedback as a motivator. Use it as a tool. Use it as a learning experience. Being defensive is the worst thing you can do. A closed eye sees nothing.

The management is great. I have the best bosses in the world. I’m proud to work for this company and these people. They’ve helped me get through some tough times when I had nowhere else to go. It’s hard to forget that. I feel that the company is always looking to better itself and find the people to take it to the next level. The question you have to ask is “do you want to be a part of that?”

I wouldn’t have stayed with them since 2009 if I didn’t.

Aloha.
Pros
great people, challenging work, rewarding

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PACIFIC QUEST. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3