Pacific Science Center Employee Reviews

Creative and Engaging Atmosphere
Laser Dome Front of House Lead (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 11, 2015
I enjoyed working at the Pacific Science Center because most of my co-workers were like minded in that we were a creative bunch. It was rewarding to work in a place where I could be creative as well as a place where the customers are able to learn and be creative.
Pros
flexible hours, fun, great boss
Cons
not enough hours, lack of communication between departments
Productive place to work.
Free-form volunteer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 22, 2015
Free-form volunteer work which is very rewarding. No two days are alike; the center offers diverse and educational work experiences both inside and out. Performed this work while also studying WATR program.
Pros
Close to where I lived and free movies.
Cons
Sometimes it was gross.
Great place to work overall.
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 29, 2015
The Pacific Science center is a wonderful place to work. Hours are flexible, your job is fairly secured, the management is amazing, and you get to learn fun new things almost every day while working.
Pros
long breaks, Accurate schedule times, You get to play with the exhibits.
Cons
far from food.
Great As A First Job
Not Appropriate. (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 13, 2014
The thing that I like most about Pacific Science Center is its mission and being able to impact people on a daily basis. Unfortunately, there are little opportunities for advancement and most people who are looking to learn and grow have to look elsewhere.

The most significant thing I learned while working at Pacific Science Center is how to work with people who are different than me. The hardest part of working at Pacific Science Center is the compensation. I lived pay check to pay check and was not able to afford to save for retirement.
Pros
able to see movies for free and access to very interesting cutting edge science.
Cons
often seems like money drives this organization instead of its mission statement.
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WaMay 20, 2014
Managed the different stations and made sure the people that were visiting were safe. The building that I worked in was always busy, so I had to make sure things were running smoothly.
Pros
hour lunches
Cons
health care
Productive, fast paced, great people and fun place to work
Graphic Design Internship (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 2, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed my graphic design internship there. Everyone you come across while working there, were always ready to help with, or explain things you didn't understand, and were willing to let you try different things. It's a fun though very fast paced environment, in which you have to be ready to switch from doing something to something else at the drop of a hat.
Pros
great co-workers, free mono-rail and imax tickets
Fun and Engaging Museum
Discovery Corp Science Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Seattle waNovember 9, 2013
Every day we started with a floor meeting so we would know what going on that day/week in the museum. Then we switched positions with our coworkers according to our schedules. Moving from exhibit to exhibit was a really good way to keep the employees engaged. Sitting at one exhibit all day would have made engaging visitors in thought provoking conversation difficult. Everyone in management was fair and helpfull. The hardest part of the job was having to make sure visitors were following the rules. There were alot of specific rules for each exhibit and it was up to us to know which rules applied where. My favorite part of the job was that we had to come up with out own way to engage visitors. The best way was to go home and research the exhibits subject and figure out how to link the new facts with the facts already on display.
Pros
changing positions, free bus pass
Great place to work, great co-workers, room for growth in lower employee relationships
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 19, 2012
I worked at PacSci for just under two years in G.S. I really enjoyed the people that I worked with, and the benefits surrounding the films and exhibits. Hours were always dependent on the season, so during the holidays and summers, there were plenty of hours to go around, the rest of the year hours came at a premium. They always keep you below full time status to prevent you from getting medical benefits, which always says a lot about how much a company really cares about you. It was a good stop gap job that provided a lot of cheap dates for my wife an I.
Pros
free movies, free museum admission, great people
Cons
fluctuating hours, dealing with difficult people, management could be better

4.6