PACIFIC SCIENTIFIC Employee Reviews

High presseure
Data Technition II / Manufacturing Lead (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 20, 2015
Exciting product line. High demand / pressure to deliver. Awesome Safety program. Lack of career progression. Lack of recognition for those who perform well. Horrible performance based raises
Pros
Challenging enviriorment
Cons
Lack of career progression, lack of reconition
Aerospace companyh
Senior Buyer/Planner (Former Employee) –  Duarte, CAMarch 3, 2015
this company produces airline seat belts for pilots and attendants.
a lot of knowledgeable professionals.

Moved to the Valley.
R&D Division
Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAJanuary 28, 2015
Pacific Scientific/EMC West (Danaher Corporation) – Aerospace/Defense
• Reduce Project Material Costs by 15% or $300,000.00.
• Increased Supplier on time deliveries from 45% to 90%.
• Inventory Reduction of 20% equaling $2,000,000.00.
• Reduced dock to stock lead-time from three days to one.
Pros
great team players
Cons
r&d
OECO used to be a good company
Product Development Technician Sr (Former Employee) –  milwaukieOctober 13, 2014
Once they were purchased by Danaher, they went down hill. Poor management, poor compensation, very poor quality of product. Where employees were once proud of their work, now we are rather embarrassed due to low quality of raw material. Most employees are great people who have been pushed around and defeated by the company for so long that its now a little cutthroat. Most (not all) of the more skilled employees have left by either forced retirement, fired for bs reasons, or just got out while they had the chance. Management is awful, there's no way to pretty that up.
Pros
interesting electronics field
Cons
company has ethics issues
It was always something or someone to learn from
Maintenance Technician / Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 26, 2014
honestly a typical day was hard wok. I learned alot about cnc machining. I really liked my co workers we where like brothers. The hardest part of the job was 6 day 12 hour shifts. It was a relaxed environment.
Pros
good money
Cons
Great Company. Very Process Oriented!
Business (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 8, 2014
I worked here for almost two years. It is a great company and very organized and process driven. A lot of smart people work at this company. I loved that the 4-10 hour days with every Friday off. Hardest part of the job was the long days as it is a very fast paced work environment.
Pros
4-10 work weeks
Cons
fast paced and tiring long days!
Great place to work.
R&D Manufacturing Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAMarch 10, 2014
Management listens to employees and VOC.
President walks the floor and checks on issues
Pros
middle management connecte to voc issues
Cons
na
Dead end
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMarch 4, 2014
Lack of training, work, and security. Talk of making temporary employees permanent, yet there never seem to be results.
Good
Machine operator/ processor III (Current Employee) –  Chandler ArizonaJanuary 13, 2014
Work day: Not a bad place to work, my pay is a little low but, I enjoy for the most part my work environment.
Learned: to load and build fuze bodies for fracking
Management: Needs improvement
Co-workers: Good
Job: Lots of OT at one point
Enjoyable : Three day weekend when I had no OT
Pros
bonuses, movie tickets, and learned some thing new
Cons
rotating supervisor, and support staff
Typical work day with fun co-wokers
Assembly Associate, (QA Inspector) (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILSeptember 9, 2013
Working on the assembly line building motors ,testing and packing them .How to read and understand Spec sheets and drawing for the dirrect assembly process. Management was good by keeping us informed on a daily about what needs to get done.So that we could also share what problems we may have had and ways to solve them. Got alone with just about everyone in Plant by helping and sharing to get production out. The small and very large ones were the most challenging part of buildig.The most enjoyable was having one to go to.
Pros
great christmas partys, gifts, drawing for things going on in are city.
Cons
not working for a good supervisor.
Over Worked - Poor Management - Poor Benefits
Senior Buyer (Current Employee) –  Hollister, CAMarch 25, 2013
I don't know about these other reviews but, if your reading this you don't want to work here. These other reviews are people that just do their job but, really they literally yell in their cars at the end of the day.

The management here is run by the Danaher Corp and as a result the management doesn't care about what you think. They hear you but your comments are not taken seriously. They just want you to do what they say and do your job.

Some of the managers here don't follow policies and procedures and want you to sign documents that are not your work. Its like baby sitting here.

Don't expect any help from Human Resources. This is one of those companies that will get rid of you when you make waves.

There are only selected departments that receive rewards at all hands meetings and the same people get the rewards all the time. Meetings are a waste as the same info is reported again and again.

Department meetings are also a waste. You can spend an hour to 2 hours just sitting to a lot of talking.

I currently work here and its a headache. It really is a pain to go to work every day. You can hear other people from departments that are also complaining.

Watch your back at this place and don't trust anyone.
Pros
free snacks during all hands meetings
Cons
everything - its old school mgmt here.
Excellent work enviorment
Quality Assurance Tech (Former Employee) –  Hollister, CAFebruary 8, 2013
This company was very good company to work for. They had some slight issues however. Their management would put employees in position without the proper training.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
confusing paperwork, insufficient training, putting employees in a position with out the proper training
Productive fun workplace
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Hollister, CADecember 26, 2012
I got product ready every morning and shipped out by the end of the day. I learned how to Assemble parts with hand tools and machines. The hardest part of the job was also the most enjoyable and that was clocking out
Productive place to work and good pay
Artus Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 2, 2012
Good works hours and good pay. Job starts early so hardly get traffic and I learded about equipment used on aircraft. Hardest part was waking up early and the enjoyable part was fixing a broken unit.
good place to work
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Duarte, CAOctober 8, 2012
Good place to work , enjoyed the associates i worked with , but long hours . Good benefits , management so so. Worked with multiple machines during my work day. Always busy.
Pros
enjoyed my job
Cons
management
Excelente company
Repair technician on aircraft components (Current Employee) –  Milwaukie ORMay 4, 2012
One of the best company on the market right now,the most enjoyable part of the job is make the goal every day
Flexile work environment
Aviation Technical Writer & Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 28, 2012
Contracted as a Technical Writer in 2008. Great company! Great manager that provided teh autonomy I needed to fulfill my obligations.
Out in the Country in Hollister Calif.
Production and Quality Department Associate (Former Employee) –  Hollister Calif.March 13, 2012
The upper Management is something to be desire. The Supervisor's know more then the Management department in some areas. Since I enjoy working in the Aerospace industry, I did what it took to get things done, properly per. requirements.
Pros
aerospace job, friendly staff
Cons
laid off due to budget cuts
management is out for their bonuses and don't want input from peons
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  ArizonaFebruary 13, 2012
at PSEMC it is all about hitting the monthly number regardless of what corners you have to cut to get there so management can get their bonuses.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
disorganized, short sighted, it's all about the numbers