Pacific Sheet Metal currently has an opening in our management team. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with advanced organizational skills. This person must understand the billing, documentation and tracking of construction projects. A strong understanding of Microsoft Excel and Word is a must. Duties will include but not be limited to:
Working with our CFO
- Help bridge communication and detail in the billing, job costing and backlog tracking process between division managers and the accounting department
- Maintain budgets on active jobs using “WIP” accounting methods for accurate billing
Working with our Roofing & HVAC Division Managers
- Help track and analyze our work in progress from a budget vs. cost standpoint
- Maintain a scheduling sheet to forecast labor needs and keep jobs on time
- Help during the billing cycle each month to check and complete job cost records so our accounting department can produce accurate billing
- Help with job closeouts and be responsible for assembling O&M’s, warranty documents and service agreements
Working with our Estimators and Sales Staff
- Help keep our bid logs, and backlogs accurate
- Analyze and input budgets on awarded jobs into our accounting system for proper billing.
- Supervise and proof submittals on our awarded jobs
Working with our Field Superintendents
- Help assemble change orders and RFI’s they encounter in the field
- Provide them reports that show the percentage of completion on their jobs to keep schedules, budgets and billing up to date
Working with our Customers
- Correspond with them to deliver billing, change orders, RFI’s, etc.
- Follow up with them to ensure delivery was made and answer any questions
- Working with local building departments
- Apply for and complete and mechanical or roofing permits
- Submit plans for code review
The majority of these processes are currently in place and functioning well. However, we are always striving to improve our culture and protocol. There is much room for growth and innovation in this position.