Pacific Southwest Container Employee Reviews

Good place to work, good people, steady employment
QUALITY AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CASeptember 11, 2017
Start off in entry position, learning about paper material and learning how to operate finishing machines. Can be stressful as machines are expected to run at maximum speed and produce conforming boxes.
Pros
Steady employment and learning to handle different finishing machines
Cons
Stressful, fisical work, only one insurance option.
Great manager and coworkers in Modesto. Visalia branch is not so great very cut throat.
Shipping and Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 20, 2017
I loved working at the Modesto facility. I was offered a transfer with promotion to the Visalia facility and regretfully accepted. In Modesto, I had a great supervisor and awesome coworkers. In Visalia the work climate is very different; managers and coworkers are very cut throat and unhappy. I worked in the warehouse. I had responsibllities in inventory, warehouse, receiving, and shipping.
Pros
Manager great
Good place for advancements
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 28, 2017
Overall its a good company but I got into an altercation with a fellow employee and was bullied and management did not handle it in a profetional manner and I ended up getting fired because I didn't show up to work
terrible
Floor Worker / Asitrade Utility (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 26, 2017
No a/c and long work hours. The only part of the warehouse that had a/c was the laminating part. Everyone else who does manual labor just get the heat off the machines. Just terrible.
Productive and a very skill learning environment.
Asitrade laminator Utility (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 18, 2017
PSC has been one of my greatest experiences working at a large warehouse. From my point of view I was just another employee doing my job trying to stay busy yet no matter what Job I was assign to do it was always something that that a much larger impact thanks to the different opportunities they always have with in the company. in addition to the close communication they had with us, every one always had an opinion. Over all my experience at PCS was memorable.
Pros
Great relationship with the leaders of the company, lots of balanced benefits.
Easy Going Workplace
Assistant Operator (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMay 11, 2017
It's a pretty simple company to work for with fast advancement. Advancement is limited though once you reach operator level. HR is pleasant and accommodating.
Hard work
Lithographic press assistant (Current Employee) –  Modesto caJuly 8, 2016
Have a tough skin. Be able to work well with others in a high pace attospher. Know your job and how too do it well
Lack of Intelligence
Electro-Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CASeptember 3, 2015
It is hard to make a review because of the high hopes and expectations that I shouldn't have had for a production environment. Maintenance is run like a union but the business will close its door if the word 'union' is brought up. Pay for the individuals that have been there for 20 plus years is very substantial but with no real capability of completing any work that hasnt been acquired through repetition. For the new maintenance employees... expectations are met only with a good amount of suck up. No real experience necessary other than the oral capability of "Yes sir". Summation of maintenance would be comprised of one word..."geriatric". Dead end job with no explanation for itself, no training, no real leadership. But if you do intend to go through with a temporary career insure you fit one of the four categories, a worthless yes man, related to at least three other employees, and no determination.
Pros
They will hire you.
Cons
Dont have the time nor the patience.
sub par company
Quality Auditor (Current Employee) –  fort polkJune 22, 2015
horrible company to work for. doesnt care about the employess. most have spouses in the service and they dont try to work around important events.
Productive and Friendly Workplace
Floor Worker (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMay 29, 2015
Working with Team PSC was a great experience during my early career. The workplace was friendly and helpful to those new to the establishment. What was expected from the employees was very clear and everyone worked together to complete a common goal.
Pros
Paid Lunches, Friend Co-Workers, Benefits, Room For Growth
Cons
Amount of positions available for advancement
Hard to advance, bad management , dangerous environment
Floor Worker / Asitrade Utility (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMarch 5, 2015
Working for PSC Modesto Branch in the warehouse was not fun at all. You would get box cuts on your hands almost every day; your required to wear gloves but when you do you can't grip anything because your hands sweat to much, so you have to take them off to pick up the pace when loading stock into the machinery. Besides learning what clients PSC deals with, I didn't learn much. Management was awful, no one wants to admit to their mistakes so when lower management asks you to do something and upper management asks you why your doing something a certain way, lower management will always side with upper and make you look like an idiot by saying they told you to follow company procedures or something. Hardest part of the job is when you find a way to do something more efficient and management cracks down on you for not following the rules when they're so lenient on all other rules. Besides paid vacation or sick days there was nothing enjoyable about this job.
Pros
paid vacation and sick days
Cons
Short breaks, forklift drives are insane
good place to work at
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CANovember 25, 2014
job was fast paced, company showed gratitude for achieving various goals. good pay and great benefits.
Pros
steady job
Cons
too hot in the summer
corgate company
Baler operator (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 1, 2014
This Is a great company to work for. I learned a lot about working on the different kind of machines they had there to operate. I enjoyed working for this company.
Mediocre place to work.
Design Assistant (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAOctober 25, 2013
Advancement was tough. Not a lot of encouragement from management.
Great place to work.
Flex Saw Operator (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 12, 2013
Great place to work. Good people. The owner was the greatest.
It's too bad they had a "company readjustment".
Every body I worked with was just fantastic. I wish that I still worked here.
Pros
steady word. some overtime. great benifits and great co-workers.
Cons
none.
Horrible Management
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 27, 2013
Family operated. Operators not advanced by skill but who you know. Most supervisors are horrible to work for.
Productive and fun place to work.
Flexo- Press Operator/Forklift-Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CANovember 4, 2012
Ran 2-color press for corrugated boxes. Learned to run fruit boxes with special coatings. Great co-workers. Management could have been better trained to know the machines you ran and how fast you could run a job. Leaned to drive a forklift, use a electric pallet jack and use a cherry picker.
Pros
company picnic during summer for whole family to enjoy
Cons
healthcare
Great company to work for, Just be very careful of jealous coworkers and assistants
Operator - Automatan Aerator-Inverter (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CASeptember 1, 2012
The machines were well cared for and not all that difficult to operate. Supervisors were fair for the most part. However, an assistant could create a situation that could get an operator terminated.
Pros
excellent company attitude, motivated, positive
Cons
need to be informed sooner about production schedule changes.
Good compensation and benifits but bad culture
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAAugust 7, 2012
A typical day at PSC consists of running the machine and producing quality boxes for our customers.
I have learned how to operate and troubleshoot industrial machinery.
Management is out of touch with employees.
Coworkers are discouraged at the lack of effort and communication from management.
The job is pretty physically demanding.
Working with my fellow coworkers and encouraging the to achieve more and more everyday.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
poor management
Big family like place to work.
litho room, press feeder. (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 17, 2012
An 8 hour work days seemed to go by fast. and the training is there if a person applys them self.
Pros
the treatment as an employ is good stuff.
Cons
few job opens at this time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Southwest Container. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8