Pacific Sunwear Employee Reviews

It was a good job to work at
Material Handler (Former Employee), Overland Park KansasAugust 25, 2015
I love the job hate that it was cut short from a misunderstanding. I learned lot from working here. I had some the best co worker. Ther was no hard part about the job would love to work for this company again.
Looking for something new
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Bluffton, SCAugust 25, 2015
Pros: The fashion
Cons: Their Loyalty to employees
I enjoy the companies product, not necessarily working for the company. The advancement in this specific company to me isn't really worth it compared to other companies.
great to work
VISUAL MERCHANDISER (Former Employee), Queens, NYAugust 24, 2015
The company is great. This specific store receives too much stock with an already fully stocked floor and packed stockroom. Company expects associates to get as much stock out onto the floor as possible. The store is already packed with overpriced merchandise that should be selling more but for the lack of marketing strategy.
Energy/ Younger environment
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER/SALES (Former Employee), Michigan City, INAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Energy
Cons: Work Holidays
Very energetic place to work.Shipment is picked for you for replenishment. Which makes it a very easy process.Floor plans are already mapped out for an easy change.
Fun place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAAugust 8, 2015
Pros: pay and relationships made with team and customer
Cons: empty promises
Upbeat and fun atmosphere... if you make it like that. I was lucky to have a great team and be very successful. Upper management was not helpful in developing me advanced since they were new to the company and the turn rate was high. I felt like I was teaching them.
Cool Fashionable Workplace
Full-Time Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Skokie, ILAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Generous discounts
Working at PacSun was the most fun I'd ever had at work. Everyone hired at these stores is so unique and awesome in their own way- it really encourages a friendly, creative atmosphere where many different people can feel comfortable.
Easy going, upbeat place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Pennsdale, PAAugust 1, 2015
Pacific Sunwear was a very fun place to be employed. My coworkers and customers made everyday a new and different experience.
Fun and self-constructive experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Caguas, PRJuly 31, 2015
Pros: meeting new people, never bored, challenging
Cons: messy!!!
A typical day at work required opening tasks, follow up on emails and in-house communication, cleaning, sales goals and team motivation to thrive sales during the day.

I learned to be very organized, detail oriented, team leader, build a strong character, responsibility and accountability for daily and log-run results.

Management directives came from HQ and our DM stayed on top of his game to follow instructions.

The hardest part of my job was to keep a team motivated, drive sales and be organized in a store where traffic was nonstop. The most fun part was to have the opportunity to meet a lot of people and see them leave happy with their shopping experience.
It was a fun college job.
SALES ASSOCIATE/SALES LEAD/SHIPMENT LEAD (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSJuly 25, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: short breaks
I worked up to sales lead and shipment lead. I love the fast paste environment and the management was great. I got to work on my sales and there were challenges and team games to work towards our goals. Team building skills.
Fun place to work at
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Katy, TXJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Management worked around employee school schedules
Cons: low pay, minimum vacation days
Great environment but low pay and strange hours. Management did care about employees in the aspect of working around outside schedules.
Fun atmosphere
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Leesburg, VirginiaJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Fun, enjoyable job, great discount
Cons: Pay could have been better
This job required overseeing mostly high-school aged kids which proved to be a lot of fun. I learned how to stay organized and also enhanced my cash-handling skills. I learned a lot about retail and also learned how to follow instructions really well. The hardest part of this job was holiday time and keeping the store spotless. The most enjoyable part of the job was the team that I worked with and how much fun we had at work.
Enjoyable place to work, willing to work within my schedule while I maintained two other jobs
Sales rep/ stock manager (Former Employee), Fashion show mallJuly 12, 2015
I enjoyed working here, although there were periods of stress during repeated changes in management and location. Hours given to me were not always consistent, as they depended heavily on our sales numbers. Inconsistent job demand depending on the manager and supervisor on duty, but I always worked fast and did my job effectively.
Fun workplace
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAJuly 2, 2015
Pros: They allow for creativity and give back to the state and different communities
Cons: benefits are not great
My experience was a really good one i had great a store manager and an awesome DM when i first started . The DM changed and things got a little rough but the over all enviorment of the store and the tools they give you are great and make your job so much easier and it allows for it to be fun. i would definately recommend this company to any one looking for a fun first job or someone who wants to be a part of a fun productive team
Challenging
Manager (Current Employee), IndianaJune 17, 2015
Work load is very heavy with little payroll to back it up. Love the use of brand and product knowledge. Training and development are low depending on the upper management. Must be very passionate and high energy. Love working with the customers and relating to product.
dows not live by the values they preach
Store Manager (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCJune 5, 2015
I have nothing good to say about this company. the preach values but do not live up to them. the company is very unorganized and would definetly benefit from some planning ahead.
Great experience in sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Nyack, NYJune 5, 2015
Pros: Store discounts, flexible hours
Cons: on call hours
Learned a lot about the world of retail and sales. Management taught me how to work in a quick paced environment and how to work in a team to ensure great customer satisfaction. There was always something to be done whether it was tending to customers or keeping the store maintained by keeping it as neat as possible.
I enjoyed the culture and had fun at work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAJune 3, 2015
Pros: Friendly team enviroment
Cons: Store closed
Working for Pac Sun was a lot of fun. I loved the clothes and the atmosphere. I was sad when they decided to close our store.
Good college job
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee), Kittery, MEMay 30, 2015
Pros: Good discount
Cons: No job security
Management does not practice clear communication. Responsibilities are manageable, however, there is no praise from upper management for great accomplishments, only recognition of shortcomings. There is little opportunity for advancement or opportunity for raises in pay because the company is not willing to raise their pay scale in individual stores.
Great management and coworkers
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMay 29, 2015
Pros: Great Management
Cons: Most days were slow, so I was not needed as often
Each work day would be different from the other in terms of tasks needed completing. Some days I would be needed on cash register and other days I would be in the stock room dealing with inventory, It really depended on the day. Some days were busy while others were not, also depending on the time of day. I learned how to use a cash register and talk to customers. The management was great, they were all very patient and helpful. The coworkers were the same way, there was nobody that I disliked. I would say that the hardest part of the job was the days when it was super busy and it would get a bit stressful for everyone working. Although it did work better in my favor when it was busier, because I was only seasonal, so those were usually the days that I was called in. My favorite part of the job was stocking the store, because it was the least stressful and I have good organization skills.
Busy workplace with high cutomer interaction.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Ysidro, CAMay 28, 2015
Pros: high customer interaction, co-workers are laid back usually.
Cons: extremely low hours
As a permanent employee, I was given on average ~3 hours weekly of work. It was not worth driving 10 miles. I learned many skills, mainly with the cashier side of things.