Pacific Sunwear Employee Reviews in United States

this review is based on my store specifically and not all of PACSUN
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 14, 2016
i was hired as the 1st Assistant manager(AM). during me being hired, the SM didnt actually have the position open yet and i later found out she was planning to replace me with her current AM. after waiting two weeks to start, i talked to the SM and she said she hasnt fired her current AM but was going to soon and if i wanted to start working as a sales associate for about a month than i could do that. so i did that. well a month later after the AM decided to quit because the SM was going behind her back and telling the rest of the store she was going to be replaced (unprofessional) i found out a few days later she had offered the position to a new hire and didnt say anything to me until i confronted her on the situation. overall bery unprofessional and i was blatanly lied to about my position in the company
Pros
other stores werent this unprfessional
Cons
horrible Store Manager
A great place to meet peers
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAMarch 22, 2016
My team was awesome, very good at what they did. I would start the day by organizing the store, once someone came into the store I would greet them and help them with clothes or shoes if needed. Once guest was complete, I would ring them up as a cashier. I learned how to set up sales and seasonal props/decorative. Management was great, treated employees well. Co-workers worked together well. Hardest part was keeping up with more then 20 guest in the store. Very small boutique style store. Most enjoyable part was meeting cool new people that lived in the same town.
Pros
Friendly people all around and discounts on clothes and shoes
Cons
No healthcare
This is the mother of all lifestyle stores
Full-Time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXFebruary 26, 2016
Pacsun was a great place to work with. I learned more at this job than any other job. They have a you can do anything attitude. The lifestyle and culture behind the products is something you can get behind and believe in. I enjoyed skateboarding so I fit in well with the brands. The hardest part is completing florets, they have so many errors on stores that are not the exact model. It is a lot of try to make it look right. The most enjoyable part was working with co workers and teaching/learning new things.
Amazing team atmosphere with room for advancement in a timely manner
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLNovember 4, 2015
Great company to work for, supportive management and reliable. Thorough training helps you excel within the company at a very fast rate. A real "team" environment that welcomes and embraces the new comer. High expectations given but reasonable and attainable goals given, great incentives when goals accomplished or exceeded.
Pros
Great weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual bonuses
Cons
salary, but often had to work outside of paid hours
Productive and Fast Paced
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 31, 2016
The first few years with this company were brilliant. I had a pretty clear path and time frame for growth and development. I was very successful and my efforts were noticed and appreciated. This all changed when our DM was promoted to RM and we got a new DM. The new DM did not promote the right people, and did not take the time to explain or develop those interested in advancing.
Pros
Fun Place to Work, Good Structure and Operational Habits
Cons
Difficult to obtain Full Time, Holiday Pay only paid to Full Time Management
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NC20May 13, 2016
A typical day as an assistant manager at Pacific Sunwear consisted of helping customers, maintaining store appearance, and ensuring associates were on task. I learned about hiring processes while working there. My coworkers were fun and supportive. The most difficult part was balancing management duties while also making sure customers were helped and tennis to customer complaints. The most enjoyable part was working in a fun environment with a flexible dress code and schedule. My direct manger was supportive, but was also a bit of a hot head. The district manager was strict and direct about her expectations.
Pros
Fun, employee discount, flexible schedule, flexible dress code.
Cons
Retail, poor job security
best job ever
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTMarch 23, 2016
pushing products, customer service, ringing out customer, and restocking/ cleaning store.
at this job i was able to perfect my customer service skills as well as my communication skills.
First and best management I had.
co-workers were very kind and supportive.
hardest part to the job was not buying everything in the store.
my customers, management, and co-workers was the best part to my job.
Good beginning management position
Associate Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 7, 2015
Good company to begin your management career with. Positive working environment with low stress and good work/life balance. Poor management pay, however.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
low pay
Easy going laid back or hurry hurry rush, stop hurry hurry
Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 3, 2016
Typical day started early while everyone else wandered in until about 10. Co workers were good, didn't learn much except what not to do by observing mistakes by upper management. Jobs was relatively easy. Everyone in the building worked in a cylo atmosphere meaning you only worked with and spoke to people in your area unless you had to do different.
Pros
work hours, people you work with, plenty of bathrooms
Cons
upper management wasted money, poor judgement, weak communications.
Fast paced retail clothing environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Birch Run, MIJuly 12, 2016
A typical day required management of fitting rooms, point of sale, and sales floor. It was my first job which taught me a great deal about accountability and positive management interaction. Co-workers were friendly sales oriented individuals, as were management.

Hardest day was the first day, because it was my first job and I had anxiety about sales.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Rude customer base
Great first job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WAMarch 21, 2016
Great place to work while your young and still learning about retail environment, with that said most will still want to further ones career and in most cases Pac Sun cannot provide that opportunity.
A very enjoyable and inspiring place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Rehoboth Beach, DEApril 14, 2016
A typical day at work implies:
-opening the store
-morning audits
-check and answer e-mails
-check messages from the night manager who closed the store
-printing the pipeline and the scorecard
-set the promos if needed
-sales

Working at Pacific Sun wear is overall a nice experience, my colleagues are people I can learn from and we really enjoy working together.
The most challenging part of the job would be adjusting to a very young people and understanding their preferences.
Relaxed environment!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 19, 2016
Greatest time I have ever had at work! The bond between my management team and the staff I worked with was incomparable. Of course holidays and back to school get a bit hectic but overall, this was an incredible experience!
Positive, fun work atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJune 1, 2016
As a sales Associate I was required to greet customers and attend to their needs. I was also a cashier and dealt with the exchange of currency.
I learned to work as a team to achieve a common goal and to make sure that we each tried out best everyday.
Our management team excelled at pushing us to meet goals set by the corporate office.
Great Experience
Product Leader (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJuly 14, 2016
Working here was a great experience since it allowed me to advance my communication skills with customers while simultaneously giving me the ability to develop my leadership skills.
Pros
Flexibility, Acknowledgement of good work, Team mindset
Enjoyed working with Customers and other members of my sales team. Loved the clothes!
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHDecember 5, 2015
I enjoyed working during the holidays. Very busy and fast paced during the shopping season. I enjoyed working with the younger staff that was inclined to work for a company such as Pac Sun. The only down side was not being able to have more staff working.
Pros
Great clothes and fun staff
Cons
working long hours during holidays
A relaxed job that requires people skills and constant interaction
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJanuary 13, 2016
Working at Pac Sun was a good job. You do need to know how to talk to people and even if you are shy, you will most likely end up becoming more and more talkative. When you work there, you walk in the store for your shift, sign in and go to wherever your zone is. Once you do that, it's all about being yourself with the people around you and trying to help them with whatever they need to find or do. If you are not familiar with working in groups or working with a team on a sales floor, you will become familiar pretty fast. The hardest part of the job is trying to help people that don't want help. The most enjoyable part is the job. It's fun and fast.
Great Company to Learn Retail Basics and Grow
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CADecember 1, 2015
I started working for PacSun at 16 and I enjoyed learning from the bottom all the way to management level. The company is great for youth looking to get experience in retail. The only downside is that higher level management are not as organized or strong in decision making compared to other retail companies.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALJuly 25, 2016
I particularly enjoyed my time at Pacific Sunwear. All the other employees I worked with were lots of fun and enjoyed their job. We always did the best we could, and we enjoyed talking to the customers. This was a fun, laid back place to work.
progressive fashion with a fun work place culture
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Eastern Shore, DE/MDJuly 6, 2016
a typical day at work consists of resolving issues from multiple locations, as well as dealing with the every day riggers of retail life. including sales, product, loyalty programs, hiring/ recruiting, ect

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Sunwear. Our community is ready to answer.

Pacific Sunwear Reviews by Location