Teach, Lead, Inspire
Join the Pacific Tech Camps Team!
About Pacific Tech Camps
With a mission to bridge the summer gap between school years and to create a fun environment for middle school-aged children to learn vital computer skills and gain practical knowledge, Pacific Tech Camps offers exceptional summer computer game design and Java programming camps. Hosted in schools in Palo Alto, these week-long summer camps are led by experienced instructors who are enthusiastic about teaching and dedicated to make the summer learning exciting for the campers.
Each summer camp class at Pacific Tech Camps is designed to engage middle school-aged kids' inquisitive minds, to encourage positive learning, to foster interaction, and to inspire creativity and achievement. It takes a team that is highly responsible, enthusiastic, energetic and dedicated to deliver this exceptionally high-quality program.
Are you looking for opportunities to sharpen your leadership skills, creative skills, or teaching skills? If you're a highly energized college student who is looking for a great opportunity to inspire summer camp students, to be a role model, and to sharpen your professional skills this summer, join the Pacific Tech Camps Success Team!
To apply, visit http://www.PacificTechCamps.com and click on "Jobs" on the menu.
Pacific Tech Camps is a day camp in Palo Alto, CA. Neither lodging nor travel is compensated.
- Compensation based on experience
- Monday – Friday from 8:45 am – 4:15 pm
- You're currently enrolled as a college student or a graduate student
- You love working with children
- You're enthusiastic, energetic, and creative
- Assist the main teacher/instructor to deliver the Pacific Tech Camps curriculum
- Collaborate with the teacher/instructor to create a collaborative and interactive environment
- Take initiative to identify and solve problems inside and outside the classroom
- Provide 1:1 attention to campers as needed in order to support the teacher/instructor's overall teaching goal
- Assist the teacher/instructor to identify the strengths and areas of improvement of each child in the class
- Assist the camp director to organize recess time camp-wide activities
- Lead the recess time outdoor activities and ensure a positive experience for children
- Ensure that all the children are involved in the various activities
- Maintain adequate communication with the main teacher/instructor
- Participate in the mandatory pre-camp meeting and classroom setup
- Participate in the mandatory post-camp meeting
- Provide feedback on the curriculum and the camp operations
- Report to camp site on time
- Prefer commitment of 4 consecutive weeks or more