Pacific Union College Employee Reviews

Fun place to work and helped me to learn about the importance of planning and staying on top of events and/or schedules
Intramurals Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Angwin, CAApril 26, 2016
Had a great time of getting to know many of the participants or players on campus through working here as I saw and helped a lot of people whether it'd be through direct questions on scheduling, games, rules, etc. Also learned a lot about setting up and taking down for various sports so I became knowledgeable in setting up for basketball, volleyball, indoor soccer, baseball, softball. My coworkers were great as I had only a couple in my 3 years of working here. Best part of the job was getting to know people and learning how to deal with any situation such as setting up, closing down, dealing with unhappy players or participants. The hardest part of the job was dealing with someone I knew personally that wasn't happy about something and doing it in the most professional of ways.
Typical day at work
Resident Assistant in Dormitory (Former Employee) –  Angwin, CAAugust 25, 2016
Resident Assistant is a job that allows you to interact with students of every walk of life in the dorm and to provide the type of assistance that will make them feel welcome.

I taught me how to interact with others and how to problem solve in a civil manner as sometimes students would seek our guidance with their issues.
Pros
Study time, social interaction
Cons
Non health insurance, part-time
Fun place to work. Very cool and comfortable atmosphere
Student Caller (Former Employee) –  Angwin, CAAugust 4, 2016
Usual day at work would be getting there and setting up to start calling alumni. My co-workers were great we always motivated each other whether if we got donations or not. We always helped each other and gave each other tips when we needed overall it was a great experience.
Christian College with great students and dependable for working.
custodial supervisor (Former Employee) –  Angwin, CAApril 2, 2015
Daly setting work schedule for student workers, I learned if you are kind and praise students when they do a good job they will work even harder to please you. management was very good, to make sure I had every thing I needed to insure I had all the tools needed to get the jobs done efficiently. Co-worker were great, always positive and would help you out if needed. There was nothing about this job I could say was the hardest part of my job. I enjoyed seeing and working with the students each and every day, and putting together little snack bowls and little gifts for the holidays.
Pros
very good health package, good pay and good people to work with.
Cons
sometimes breaks were hard to come by as we were so busy.
Lab techniques
Biotechnology Laboratory Research (Former Employee) –  Angwin, CASeptember 30, 2015
Acquired lab techniques including cell cultures, DNA extractions, cloning, polymerase chain reactions, and protein analyses using enzyme assays. Analyzed data of experimentations. Communicated collected information both orally and in written scientific format. Acquired use of safety precautions when practicing experimentation.

Worked in the Pacific Union College biology department assisting students in Ecology lab. Planned lab activities dissecting various plants and animals, directed field trips off campus, and created quiz questions to invoke creative thinking. Tutored for examination preparation.
It was Lit
Power Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Angwin, CAJune 1, 2016
Duties included cleaning and performing maintenance on Pacific Union College’s men’s dormitories. I would recommend this job to students who are looking for work
I would never have worked here if I knew the end outcome.
Technician/Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Angwin, CAApril 26, 2012
Gave three years of service while attending college there just to be laid off once I completed my course work without any unemployment or disability benefits. Poor pay, and no benefits what-so-ever, and I was practically treated like a second class citizen having to go and do all difficult tasks while everyone else in the office sat on their rumps playing on their computers.
Pros
worked with class schedules
Cons
no benefits, no job security
Overall experience
Delivery Person(Work Study) (Former Employee) –  Angwin, CANovember 27, 2015
Learned good people skills above all else and being on time for deliveries to department. Great staff and people. Learned a lot from the people at the facilities dept.
A rewarding environment.
Degree Completion Programs Staff Intern (Former Employee) –  Angwin, CAMarch 30, 2012
PUC has been in operation since the late 1800s and lies in a quiet and secluded part of the world-famous Napa Valley. There is a strong emphasis toward ethics both in personal and professional lives, leading to a constant progress of quality work. The networking is exceptional if you make the right friends. Benefits are also outstanding.
Pros
far from the city, beautiful, relaxing offices
Cons
far from the city, sometimes too quiet, seclusion from news & global affairs
Relaxed Work
TUTOR (Former Employee) –  Angwin, CAApril 9, 2013
Pacific Union College is a relaxing place to work at as a student, job security is not a problem and schedules are extremely flexible for students. Pay rate is average, with typical no room for advancement since most students work for an average of 2-3 year before moving on to internships or graduating.
Pros
great community, job security, extremely flexible
Cons
no job advancement
Reasonable to work for - pay isn't remotely competitive
Director of Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Angwin, CAJune 5, 2013
I enjoyed my time working with students more than I ever liked working for the College. They expect too much for the tiny salaries they offer. I don't see how they can stay competitive with this business model.
Pros
nice people
Cons
poor leadership in key positions
A workplace with a friendly environment
Custodial (Former Employee) –  Angwin, CAJune 2, 2013
Many "typical days" for the workers at the custodial department start at different times. Some have the afternoon; others have the evenings; and a few would go to the early morning shift. My typical day started with waking up at six in the morning and ending at eight-thirty. It's a good wake-up call, kick-starting my brain into gear. I learned how to communicate people properly, such as letting them know what needed to be restocked and if I couldn't make it to work on time or not at all. There were two coworkers who had the same shift as me, and we relied on each other to make the library, our location, clean for the day. If one of us couldn't finish the job, we ask each other for help. They were very dependable. The hardest part of the job was dealing with cleaning the toilets. It can get pretty messy. However, the most enjoyable parts of the job compensated it. I was able to listen to my iPod; not disturb anyone in the library since it was closed until eight a.m; and the fact that people appreciated a cleaner place to study in college. That's what made my day.
Life at Pacific Union College
Women's Assistant Basketball Coach (Current Employee) –  Angwin, CAOctober 25, 2012
A typical day at Pacific Union College consists of interacting with the school faculty and the students. Basically, the practices are held in the evening which consist of various basketball drills. I enjoy working with and meeting new co-workers. I enjoy my job as an assistant coach and learning the policies and procedures of this institution of higher learning. I enjoy every aspect of this position. The school faculty as well as the college president is very friendly and supportive.
Excellent office work experience.
MUSIC LIAISON (Former Employee) –  Paulin HallJune 20, 2013
Typical day included cataloging of various music literature and records, offering assistance to prospect students and parents within our department and answering phones.

I learned how to affectively manage my time and how to manage a small office setting.

My co-workers were other music students who helped even out the work load.

Hardest part of my job was working late when various projects had strict due dates.

Most enjoyable part was meeting new people.
Pros
nice and laid back work setting.
Cons
little pay.
Friendly people that smiles !
Assist Customers at the Window, Enter Student (Former Employee) –  Angwin, CAJanuary 14, 2014
I was at work and there was a lot of things needed to be done but I had to go to a classes in 15 minutes. So I started working very fast which was wrong because I missed typed some numbers. so I learned to pay more attention to what I am doing even if it is going to take longer.
Pros
we always had something fun to talk about
Cons
so much needed to be done was somewhat stressful
workplace environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  AngwinFebruary 23, 2015
Pacific Union College has a great workplace atmosphere, however there is not and ability to advance or make the money you need to pay bills or take vacation etc.
Great place to learn some discipline while still staying productive
Maintenance worker (Former Employee) –  Angwin, CAApril 13, 2012
A typical day at work would be showing up and to receive my assignments. I learned many ways to organize and maintain my surrounding in a clean manner. My co-workers were nice. The hardest part of the job was moving heavy objects in the heat. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things.
Director of the Learning Resource Center (Former Employee) –  Angwin, CAApril 30, 2012
I enjoyed my time there very much
. I was able to help many students graduate that would not have without the Learning Center.

It was difficult to convince that students who learn differently need a different approach.
Pros
good support from administration
Cons
challenge of finding the learning keys
Good job to have while in school
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Angwin, CAJuly 4, 2013
Working with the school has helped me keep my head in studying while at the same time giving me the opportunity to gain money doing work.
Pros
understanding when it comes to studying
Cons
only part time jobs
easy hours and good opportunities
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Angwin, CAMay 3, 2014
i like working here because the hours are flexible to my school schedule, and i am offered different opportunities to learn something new about my job. my co-workers are pleasant people to work with and our boss is understanding.

4.3