Pacific Union College

Pacific Union College Employer Reviews

Friendly people that smiles !
Assist Customers at the Window, Enter Student (Former Employee), Angwin, CAJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: we always had something fun to talk about
Cons: so much needed to be done was somewhat stressful
I was at work and there was a lot of things needed to be done but I had to go to a classes in 15 minutes. So I started working very fast which was wrong because I missed typed some numbers. so I learned to pay more attention to what I am doing even if it is going to take longer.
very friendly
Organic Chemistry TA (Former Employee), Angwin, CADecember 3, 2013
filling
answering phones
entering data
making tape of the month
making orders
Good job to have while in school
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee), Angwin, CAJuly 4, 2013
Pros: understanding when it comes to studying
Cons: only part time jobs
Working with the school has helped me keep my head in studying while at the same time giving me the opportunity to gain money doing work.
Excellent office work experience.
MUSIC LIAISON (Former Employee), Paulin HallJune 20, 2013
Pros: nice and laid back work setting.
Cons: little pay.
Typical day included cataloging of various music literature and records, offering assistance to prospect students and parents within our department and answering phones.

I learned how to affectively manage my time and how to manage a small office setting.

My co-workers were other music students who helped even out the work load.

Hardest part of my – more... job was working late when various projects had strict due dates.

Most enjoyable part was meeting new people. – less
Reasonable to work for - pay isn't remotely competitive
Director of Housekeeping (Former Employee), Angwin, CAJune 5, 2013
Pros: nice people
Cons: poor leadership in key positions
I enjoyed my time working with students more than I ever liked working for the College. They expect too much for the tiny salaries they offer. I don't see how they can stay competitive with this business model.
A workplace with a friendly environment
Custodial (Former Employee), Angwin, CAJune 2, 2013
Many "typical days" for the workers at the custodial department start at different times. Some have the afternoon; others have the evenings; and a few would go to the early morning shift. My typical day started with waking up at six in the morning and ending at eight-thirty. It's a good wake-up call, kick-starting my brain into gear. I learned how to – more... communicate people properly, such as letting them know what needed to be restocked and if I couldn't make it to work on time or not at all. There were two coworkers who had the same shift as me, and we relied on each other to make the library, our location, clean for the day. If one of us couldn't finish the job, we ask each other for help. They were very dependable. The hardest part of the job was dealing with cleaning the toilets. It can get pretty messy. However, the most enjoyable parts of the job compensated it. I was able to listen to my iPod; not disturb anyone in the library since it was closed until eight a.m; and the fact that people appreciated a cleaner place to study in college. That's what made my day. – less
Relaxed Work
TUTOR (Former Employee), Angwin, CAApril 9, 2013
Pros: great community, job security, extremely flexible
Cons: no job advancement
Pacific Union College is a relaxing place to work at as a student, job security is not a problem and schedules are extremely flexible for students. Pay rate is average, with typical no room for advancement since most students work for an average of 2-3 year before moving on to internships or graduating.
Life at Pacific Union College
Women's Assistant Basketball Coach (Current Employee), Angwin, CAOctober 25, 2012
A typical day at Pacific Union College consists of interacting with the school faculty and the students. Basically, the practices are held in the evening which consist of various basketball drills. I enjoy working with and meeting new co-workers. I enjoy my job as an assistant coach and learning the policies and procedures of this institution of higher – more... learning. I enjoy every aspect of this position. The school faculty as well as the college president is very friendly and supportive. – less
Fun job with flexible scheduling
❸ Worked as student supervisor in cafeteria (Former Employee), Angwin, CASeptember 17, 2012
It was a pleasure to work with students and full-time employees while being enrolled at the college at the same time.
Director of the Learning Resource Center (Former Employee), Angwin, CAApril 30, 2012
Pros: good support from administration
Cons: challenge of finding the learning keys
I enjoyed my time there very much
. I was able to help many students graduate that would not have without the Learning Center.

It was difficult to convince that students who learn differently need a different approach.
I would never have worked here if I knew the end outcome.
Technician/Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Angwin, CAApril 26, 2012
Pros: worked with class schedules
Cons: no benefits, no job security
Gave three years of service while attending college there just to be laid off once I completed my course work without any unemployment or disability benefits. Poor pay, and no benefits what-so-ever, and I was practically treated like a second class citizen having to go and do all difficult tasks while everyone else in the office sat on their rumps playing – more... on their computers. – less
Great place to learn some discipline while still staying productive
Maintenance worker (Former Employee), Angwin, CAApril 13, 2012
A typical day at work would be showing up and to receive my assignments. I learned many ways to organize and maintain my surrounding in a clean manner. My co-workers were nice. The hardest part of the job was moving heavy objects in the heat. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things.
A rewarding environment.
Degree Completion Programs Staff Intern (Former Employee), Angwin, CAMarch 30, 2012
Pros: far from the city, beautiful, relaxing offices
Cons: far from the city, sometimes too quiet, seclusion from news & global affairs
PUC has been in operation since the late 1800s and lies in a quiet and secluded part of the world-famous Napa Valley. There is a strong emphasis toward ethics both in personal and professional lives, leading to a constant progress of quality work. The networking is exceptional if you make the right friends. Benefits are also outstanding.