Pacific Union College Employee Reviews

Facilities treats you well but expect to work hard
Facilities Management Summer Intern (Current Employee) –  Angwin, CAJuly 18, 2017
It's a good beginner job to build experience in facilities. You will definitely get an understanding of utilities for a small college town. As an intern, expect to be passed between the trade shops frequently and expect a varying range of work. Work can range from being supervised to unsupervised depending on your performance and reliability. However, this is not a job to stay at forever. Benefits as an intern are low and unless you are interested in higher education, the benefits of getting hired full-time are low as well.The investment of working here is in education and facilities experience.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, snacks, utilities experience, ed. benefits
Cons
low pay, flexible responsibilities
Amazing work staff and services
Writing Lab Tutor (Former Employee) –  Angwin, CAJune 28, 2017
I spent a majority of the time assisting students in proofreading their essays. The staff was excellent and I enjoyed the collaboration. The private environment allowed for individual and concise meetings with students. The most difficult part of the job was having to deal with odd hours and always being on call with the switch of budget and leadership. The most enjoyable part of the job was advancing in a skillset that I enjoy as well as interacting with amazing people and a great boss.
Pros
High level of communication and flexibility
Cons
Limited hours
Provides lots of job opportunities for students.
Andre Hall Resident Assistant (RA) (Current Employee) –  Angwin, CAJune 25, 2017
Pacific union college provides its students with many opportunities to be a student-worker. From working in the residence halls to landscaping, there is a job for everyone who seeks working experience.
General Labor
Custodial/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Angwin, CAJune 18, 2017
There were some bums in the area who kept in disrupting the work balance inside school premises. Nobody liked the bums and their oblivious antics to any assignments.
Good
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Angwin, CAJune 1, 2017
My typical day at work is consistent and a doable load every time. I have flexible hours and my boss allows me to put school first always. The part I enjoy the most is being able to feel comfortable
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough resources
Good for Students on Campus
CUSTODIAN (Current Employee) –  Angwin, CAMay 30, 2017
The people are very understanding of you schedule. If you have a test or assignment they are willing to work with your schedule. The pay is minimum wage, none of the jobs are too difficult.
Fleet Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Angwin, CAMay 1, 2017
PUC is a great place to work and is in a beautiful part of the country. I would recommend it to anyone who is a good candidate for the college. Good luck!
A Good Option for Students
Supervisor of Telecounsel (Former Employee) –  Angwin, CAMay 1, 2017
This position is only for PUC students but it is a great opportunity for students. The schedule is flexible and it is great on a resume. Even if you aren't going into sales you will benefit from the skills learned in this position.
Pros
Flexable schedule
Cons
Only for PUC students
Pacific Union College
College Admissions Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Angwin, CANovember 3, 2016
Great school to attend due to genuine good people helping foster positive you development in an amazing environment in the Napa Hills.
Beautiful campus
Assistant Professor, Medical Surgical Nursing (Former Employee) –  Angwin, CAAugust 31, 2016
PUC is a small college high on a mountain. The campus is beautiful but is not located near any major....anything. There is a gas station, a small market, a bank, and a post office in town, but all other major services are a drive away. It is outrageously expensive to live in the area and unfortunately for me, proved to be a hardship on a teaching salary.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Cost of living
Typical day at work
Resident Assistant in Dormitory (Former Employee) –  Angwin, CAAugust 25, 2016
Resident Assistant is a job that allows you to interact with students of every walk of life in the dorm and to provide the type of assistance that will make them feel welcome.

I taught me how to interact with others and how to problem solve in a civil manner as sometimes students would seek our guidance with their issues.
Pros
Study time, social interaction
Cons
Non health insurance, part-time
Fun place to work. Very cool and comfortable atmosphere
Student Caller (Former Employee) –  Angwin, CAAugust 4, 2016
Usual day at work would be getting there and setting up to start calling alumni. My co-workers were great we always motivated each other whether if we got donations or not. We always helped each other and gave each other tips when we needed overall it was a great experience.
It was Lit
Power Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Angwin, CAJune 1, 2016
Duties included cleaning and performing maintenance on Pacific Union College’s men’s dormitories. I would recommend this job to students who are looking for work
Fun place to work and helped me to learn about the importance of planning and staying on top of events and/or schedules
Intramurals Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Angwin, CAApril 26, 2016
Had a great time of getting to know many of the participants or players on campus through working here as I saw and helped a lot of people whether it'd be through direct questions on scheduling, games, rules, etc. Also learned a lot about setting up and taking down for various sports so I became knowledgeable in setting up for basketball, volleyball, indoor soccer, baseball, softball. My coworkers were great as I had only a couple in my 3 years of working here. Best part of the job was getting to know people and learning how to deal with any situation such as setting up, closing down, dealing with unhappy players or participants. The hardest part of the job was dealing with someone I knew personally that wasn't happy about something and doing it in the most professional of ways.
Overall experience
Delivery Person(Work Study) (Former Employee) –  Angwin, CANovember 27, 2015
Learned good people skills above all else and being on time for deliveries to department. Great staff and people. Learned a lot from the people at the facilities dept.
Lab techniques
Biotechnology Laboratory Research (Former Employee) –  Angwin, CASeptember 30, 2015
Acquired lab techniques including cell cultures, DNA extractions, cloning, polymerase chain reactions, and protein analyses using enzyme assays. Analyzed data of experimentations. Communicated collected information both orally and in written scientific format. Acquired use of safety precautions when practicing experimentation.

Worked in the Pacific Union College biology department assisting students in Ecology lab. Planned lab activities dissecting various plants and animals, directed field trips off campus, and created quiz questions to invoke creative thinking. Tutored for examination preparation.
Christian College with great students and dependable for working.
custodial supervisor (Former Employee) –  Angwin, CAApril 2, 2015
Daly setting work schedule for student workers, I learned if you are kind and praise students when they do a good job they will work even harder to please you. management was very good, to make sure I had every thing I needed to insure I had all the tools needed to get the jobs done efficiently. Co-worker were great, always positive and would help you out if needed. There was nothing about this job I could say was the hardest part of my job. I enjoyed seeing and working with the students each and every day, and putting together little snack bowls and little gifts for the holidays.
Pros
very good health package, good pay and good people to work with.
Cons
sometimes breaks were hard to come by as we were so busy.
workplace environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  AngwinFebruary 23, 2015
Pacific Union College has a great workplace atmosphere, however there is not and ability to advance or make the money you need to pay bills or take vacation etc.
easy hours and good opportunities
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Angwin, CAMay 3, 2014
i like working here because the hours are flexible to my school schedule, and i am offered different opportunities to learn something new about my job. my co-workers are pleasant people to work with and our boss is understanding.
Friendly people that smiles !
Assist Customers at the Window, Enter Student (Former Employee) –  Angwin, CAJanuary 14, 2014
I was at work and there was a lot of things needed to be done but I had to go to a classes in 15 minutes. So I started working very fast which was wrong because I missed typed some numbers. so I learned to pay more attention to what I am doing even if it is going to take longer.
Pros
we always had something fun to talk about
Cons
so much needed to be done was somewhat stressful