Pacific Western Bank Employee Reviews

Overall good banking job
Teller (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAJuly 13, 2017
PWB is a great company to work for and is overall a good customer service job. Does not have any sales or pushed goals to meet. Only focus is the customer. Always a good atmosphere to work but varies branch by branch. The pay is lower than it should be compared to other banks, but higher than minimum wage.
Pros
Good management, one hour lunches, weekdays only
Cons
Compensation low
write up and pity management
Senior Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAJuly 3, 2017
pity management style.

Management hold grudges against one another, write up employees that disagree with them. Gossip and backstabbing is a part of the culture.
Pros
banking hours
Cons
Many
Excellent organization to work for
Sr. Construction Loan Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 15, 2017
would highly recommend this employer; provides on the job training, seminars. Staff meetings are informative and fun. Management continues to have an "open door" policy.
Nice place to work close to home
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJanuary 26, 2017
Started as a neighborhood bank (South Bay Bank) by 5 upstanding members in the Torrance community. Basic duties included weekly Loan Committee & monthly Board Meetings. Planned large & small Top Customer mixers & events for the bank. I went through a merger and worked for the Executive VP until he left .
Pros
Never had to work on Saturday!
Cons
Can't think of anything
Balance life and work
Branch Manager, Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 6, 2017
Individuals can have a balanced life working in this company.
Management is very supportive and provides multiple other supporters. The hours of work is also great. It is a slow paced environment. Therefore you have less stress at work and able to plan your day with tasks efficiently.
great place to work
Branch Ops Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAJanuary 1, 2017
Great company to work for. Awesome supervisor and regional manager. Nice work environment. Very family oriented. Good hours for a commercial bank. Good salary and benefits.
Good company HORRIBLE department
Senior Wire Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CADecember 6, 2016
Good company to work for but a horrible department. Management is the worst I've seen throughout my career. Co-workers are awesome! They all suffer from mistreatment from management. Loved the work and would have never of left if it wasn't for the mistreatment from management. The Manager of the department yells from her office. Slams her door closed. Never takes blame for her own mistakes. Changes are made within the department not to better the department but to take vengeance out on you for speaking up. Any suggestions made are taken as you trying to tell them how to do their job. You cannot speak or laugh to one another within the department without getting called into the office. Yet management is the number one culprit for social hour. They have employee of the month which they rave about but its just them going around the room picking someone who hasn't received it yet. Even those that are undeserving of the recognition. They have some employees that don't even work during the day or take off for long periods of time without even noticing. Try to mention it to them and get ready for that vengeance cause they know what's going on and they will tell you just that. Oh and forget about vacations or time off. They love to deny you and wont give you any legitimate answer for the denial. Beware of Management in this department. Others that have branched out to other departments are very happy!
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
See the review above for the list of cons
great place
Self Contractor - Telecommute part time (Current Employee) –  Campbell, CAOctober 10, 2016
I worked in the campbell office. Its a great place to work for. I enjoyed my job and would love to go back! The work and the atmosphere there was awesome.
Very casual atmosphere. Jeans and tennis shoes were allowed. Great people!
Senior Wire Transfer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CASeptember 6, 2016
The department I worked in was small, about 15 people. It was a great working environment to work in. Monthly recognition for a job well done.
goof first job
Senior Teller (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CASeptember 3, 2016
great training at the branch, all expense paid travel to receive training on new systems. everyone is very nice and welcoming. If you ever have a question there is someone always there to help.
Lending / Manager
COMMERCIAL LOAN ASSISTANT/CREDIT ANALYST, (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 13, 2016
I was great at lending, helping to lower rates, analyze how to make the numbers do what would help a customer and keep them coming back for more great service. I also loved be a manager! I trained, I cried, I was rewarded, I fought through many situations, but I won in the end because being a manager one must wear many hats.
Pros
shine at all times
Cons
not liking your job
Nice
BRANCH OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Yucca Valley, CAApril 4, 2016
My co-workers were great, even though upper management failed to see your loyalty. WE had a great team, a lot of customers miss us.
Pros
No Saturdays
Cons
Job pay scale low
I enjoyed every year I worked at Chase.
WIRE OPERATIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 18, 2016
Handled loan defaults - maintained reports-dealt with customers daily. Worked well with fellow employees. Happy crew.
Pros
Oportunity to expand your portfolio and grow within company
Cons
It closed its doors in California and moved out of state.
busy branch
Assistant Vice President/ Branch Operations (Former Employee) –  huntingbeachNovember 25, 2015
Not enough supervisor.. It was hard with one supervisor. Branch
was always busy. The Branch office was not too far from home.
Pros
Free Lunches on busy y
Cons
less employees
Positive workplace with room for advancement.
Financial Service Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 9, 2015
I worked for Pacific Western Bank for five years and enjoyed almost all of it. I started as a Financial Service Rep, became a Utility Staff Member and finally a member of their cash management type department. PWB encouraged sales competitions between the branches in each region and gave rewards for the winner. Employees were often recognized for great service and advancement opportunities were always posted in house first. There were reasonable sales goals and the focus was more towards relationships and service than forcing a product on a new customer.
If you are looking for a bank to join for a long term career I would highly recommend Pacific Western Bank.
Pros
Health/Dental/401K/Vacation/ Annual Bonus ( 3% of annual income based on performance, Non-Exempt)
Cons
Limited training and tons of paper work. That being said everyone is helpful with questions.
Senior Desktop/Network Technician (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJuly 8, 2015
Great employment opportunities and overall environment. Learned many new skills and management was great. Co-workers genuinely care and everyone has a good attitude.
good place to work
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAApril 8, 2015
Good place to work. Good compensation. Management is available when needed. Co-workers are helpful and available to assist when in need.
Chopping block
Financial Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAFebruary 24, 2015
I was a "Financial Service Specialist" in Murrieta, CA. I wouldn't recommend this position to anyone, unless your prepared to walk directly into a chopping block. You'll be promised the world and how "Elite" your team is.. Management has no true regard for you.. Once they use you for what's needed, such as unethical practices, they will pin it on you in order to save there own behinds. Apply at your own risk.. You have been warned... It was myself and another co worker that were let go in under a year, and has made it difficult to find adequate employment.
Pros
Cons
everything
Management turnover
Electronic Banking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Escondido CaFebruary 9, 2015
I enjoyed the people I worked with. Management turnover impacted the dept I worked in.
I did enjoy the hours I worked, they did compensate me with I was in a motorcycle accident the year before.
Pros
Working with people
Cons
Not enough Training
great workers
National Lending Officer (Current Employee) –  Cottonwood Heights, UTFebruary 3, 2015
doesn't help to threaten people. Sales takes time to build relationships. The hardest part about this job is trying to market your bank. The most enjoyable part is coming to work knowing that any call can make your year.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
not enough time to build pipeline

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific Western Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2