Pacific Western Bank

Pacific Western Bank Employer Reviews

Good work environment
Bank Teller/ Vault Teller (Former Employee), Portland, OROctober 13, 2014
Pros: i learned many things
Cons: bank robberies
Good working enviroment, I learned many Teller skills as well as ,training new hiders.Hardest part of job were Bank robberies,which were also a learning experience.The most enjoyable was working with customer to find the best plans for them.
Prepaid Relationship Manager
Client Relationship Manager (Former Employee), Rancho Mirage CASeptember 25, 2014
Pros: prepaid was a very interesting and challenging business to learn.
Cons: shut down division
I worked in the prepaid division of Pacific Western Bank (also known as Palm Desert Nat'l Bank aka First California Bank) When PWB purchased the division from First Cal, they did not want to be in the prepaid arena, so they tried to sell us, but ended up having to shut down the division.
Productive and fun place to work
ACH Coordinator (Former Employee), Escondido, CAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: awesome boss, benefits
Very family oriented. Everyone was a hard worker and willing to help everyone else out.
Strong financial institution
Assistant Vice President/Business Dev. Officer (Current Employee), Cathedral City, CAJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: growth and changes
Small banking mentality with the strength of a big bank balance sheet
Loved working there
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 6, 2013
Pros: employee advancement, all the expirience you get
A typical day at work started at 8:30, everyone was always happy and ready to work. My day went by quickly because I mostly did paperwork and e-mailed clients and answered phones. Mostly clients prefer e-mail instead of phones. Management was really nice. they would always take care of us and listened and helped us. Co-workers were awesome! The hardest – more... part of the job is when the client is not fully satisfied. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the client is very satisfied with our services. – less
na
Relationship Manager (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 28, 2013
people awesome handwork is a good culture need more security
Processing
SENIOR BANK TELLER (Former Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CAOctober 15, 2013
Pros: routine
Processing over 80+ bags on a daily basis.
Each Bag Containing deposits of small and large currency.
Balancing everyday.
Helping Management scan all checks and deposits
Your Worst Nightmare
. (Former Employee), .October 11, 2013
From all my bank experience this has been the worst of all time.
Poor management, manager is rude to employees, the company those not follow bank policies, branch known for fraud. Lots of turnover due to Lazy manager attitude that always washes her hand a blame other people. "Don't recommend this job to anyone" very stressfull place to work.
Great place to work with a fun team.
Senior Teller (Former Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CASeptember 18, 2013
Pros: benefits and potlucks
Cons: it was a small branch so there weren't that many customers coming in.
I was able to develop a great relationship with my team as I supervised 8 tellers. I learned a great deal about banking operations and banking solutions that were available to our customers.
Merger brings work relationship to an end.
Reconciliation Specialist (Former Employee), Rancho Mirage, CAAugust 16, 2013
Pros: work-life balance with regards to schedule.
Cons: information technology insufficient to needs.
Typical day: Reconciliation of stored value debit card programs, funds movement, conference calls with clients, and resolving errors with data processors and information technology department.

What I learned: More than all other issues, this job stresses the understanding and management of financial institution liability in regards to client contractual – more... provisions and Federal regulations.

Management: I greatly enjoy working with both my immediate manager and department head! Senior Vice President over the division is also great. No management complaints.

My coworkers: Overall one of the most dedicated staffs I have ever worked with.

The hardest part of the job: Information Technology infrastructure simply is far below the capability we need for our operations. The technicians do what they can.

The most enjoyable part of the job: Great work-life balance with regards to schedule, great managers, great coworkers - always a pleasure to come to work. Unfortunately a recent merger has resulted in the closure of our division. – less
Amazing place and work-culture
Financial Services Representative - New Accounts (Current Employee), Palm Springs, CAJune 17, 2013
Probably the best place to begin your journey in job market. Awesome work ethics and ever-motivating managers and co-workers.
fun, enjoyable, and personal
Branch Operations Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Santa Fe Springs, caMay 16, 2013
Pros: bonuses, exempt, no saturday, yearly raises
Cons: not enough pay
I learned so much and grown a lot. A very busy environment and fast paced. I learned how to be a better manager, how to talk to customers and the staff in a professional level. I always say that my co workers are like family, the reason being is because we spend much more time at work than at home. The hardest part of my job is to see a customer not – more... satisfied with companies convertions. The most enjoyable part of the day is when all the work is done before deadlines and when you bring a smile into the customers and coworkers day. – less
Professional and friend enviroment
Branch Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAApril 26, 2013
Pros: do not work weekends
Cons: advancement is tough
Helped manage employees. Learn to lead by example. Learn banking procedures and regulations. Hardest part of the job is trying to help customers problems without giving the bank away. The most enjoyable part of this job is helping a customer who is upset and when they leave they are happy with the service we provided them.
New Accounts Specialist (Former Employee), Fallbrook, CAApril 25, 2013
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: not a lot of openings
A typical day at Pacific Western Bank would be to arrive at work and return any messages from the previous night, assist customers with debit card or account problems, answer phones and emails, greet customers, and open accounts while cross selling bank products. I learned a lot about business accounts and how to deal with the elderly. I had a wonderful – more... boss willing to help and teach me anything I wanted to learn. – less
Bank Teller
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Coronado, CAFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: smaller bank
Cons: had average hours but couldve used more
Every staff member is so nice. The clients were just as nice. Smaller private bank leaves you with a more personable lasting respected relationship with the clients and staff. I'd work for this bank again if the opportunity came across my path.
Fun working office wile being professional and productive.
Branch Operations Manager (Former Employee), Chula Vista, CAAugust 20, 2012
Pros: training's, health, compensation.
Cons: short staff, budget
On a typical day at work, I supervised the overall day to day operational functions of a Bank, approval of customer and bank transactions, manage risk in the areas of controllable operational losses, community involvement, deposit growth and back-up in all operational functions and new accounts during busy periods. In this position, I learned that motivating – more... my staff is very important. I listen and talked to each one of my staff, this made me understand how to approach each one and enjoy working every day with my co-workers, making it a pleasant environment each day. The hardest part of the job was to terminate or lay off an employee. The most enjoyable part in the job was getting to know, talk, listen and help so many customers, earning their trust, respect and friendship was very rewarding. – less
Stressful workplace
Teller (Former Employee), Murrieta, CAAugust 8, 2012
Pros: no week end or holiday hours
Cons: inexperienced and unprofessional management
I worked for the company. The managers were really inexperienced, overall it was bad. I stressed a lot don't work for this company.
Great work place
Senior Teller (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 31, 2012
Pros: coworkers
Cons: communication
Manager was great always glad to go in to work everyday
I learned something new everyday there was never a dull day.... We were allowed to learn from other departments
Biggest mistake working for this company
Financial Service Representative-HOA Department (Former Employee), Escondido CAMarch 21, 2012
Pros: weekends off, holidays off, great human resources department
Cons: horrible management, no training, no room to grow, no support from upper management.
If you looking to work in the banking industry do not work for the company especially in back office. I received little training for the position I was in and I didn't have any support at all from management. They are extremely unprofessional when it comes to review time and write ups. This company has no integrity at all especially when they lied on – more... my exit review. I feel that employees with the company have no rights at all especially when customer service issues arise they always choose the customer's side no matter what if the customer is in the wrong or when other departments or branches treat other employees terrible they do not get in trouble for it at all. I have lost so much respect for the type of actions that I witnessed working for this company. If anyone is thinking about applying for this company think twice about it. – less

About Pacific Western Bank

We are not like other banks. At Pacific Western Bank, relationship banking is not the exception, but the rule. For over 30 – Read more

Pacific Western Bank Photos