Pacifica Senior Living Employee Reviews

Dont do it to yourself
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZOctober 3, 2017
If you are making salary and raking in new residents and their wallets, its a great match for you. If you are caring for the residents, goodluck. I wish the best for you.
Cons
It was a fun environment to work and the patients are great
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 20, 2017
This is a great place to work if you are a cna and looking for a good place to work. The patients are very active and love plays games with they have down time. They like exercise and watching tv
Pros
Every other weekend off
Run Away
Marketing (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 18, 2017
Let's start with upper management. The ceo must sign every vendor check. Why is this a problem? It takes 45 to 60 days before a vendor gets paid. Sometimes, he will not sign a check and the vendor never gets paid. Vendors are constantly calling the local communities asking for payment. It's down right embarrassing that we can not give out the phone number to corporate accounting. The VPs are a joke. 2 VPs - 1 for operation and 1 for marketing. Both are way too busy to concentrate on communities, both will do whatever it takes to get on board with the company and then they will tell you what you want to hear just to get you off the phone. The regional of operations are always traveling. Traveling 4 weeks out of the year.
Pros
they will hire anyone
Cons
they will hire anyone
Poor work place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coeur d'AleneSeptember 2, 2017
Lack of communication, low on staff, and lack of equipment for care. No breaks due to not enough staff. More drama then needed. Multiple lies, and problems with my check going missing.
The management is horrible.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAAugust 24, 2017
The management is terrible. I feel so bad for the residents. They deserve so much more. I left because I could not deal with management any longer, but I felt bad for leaving the residents.
Our nurse was good, but BOM & ED were awful.
Pros
Sweet residents
Cons
Everything else
Best place to start a career
Resident Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 9, 2017
I started my career at Pacifica Senior Living as a CG. I was soon promoted to MA to LEC to RCC and left to advance in my career. I never interacted much with corporate office but the Long time ED was a mentor through my time at Pacifica. She was so wonderful and guided me to become a ED myself. Almost everything I know, she taught me. She has a wonderful outlook on the goals of the community and became my role model.
Pros
Excellent management and work ethics
Cons
Not too many management positions
Glad there is no longer a relation here
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spring Valley Las Vegas, NVJuly 31, 2017
Not fair the few years here were a waste. I don't wish this on my worst enemy. A lot of favoritism and an uninviting environment. The hardest was having to have been here. The most enjoyable thing was getting a job offer else where.
Enjoyed
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJuly 28, 2017
It was a good place to work till they changed directors.New director wouldnt fix any issues we had .Did not appreciate staff we had that made us a great work place
Pros
Staff
Cons
Managment
Good starting point for entry level applicants
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Terrenitos, CAJuly 11, 2017
Lacking a company culture, does not match 401k contributions, lacking comprehensive benefits and communication between departments needs to improve for company to be competitive. Excellent co-workers and employees must enjoy their jobs do to be satisfied.
Pros
No supervision or leadership
Cons
No direction or goals
high turnover rate
Med Tech/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLJuly 8, 2017
Busy days include constant call bells.
Learned how to work with certain elderly specific disorders.
always management on duty
employees get along
"rush hour" having low staff and high call bell rates
employees and residents are the most enjoyable
Pros
great free food
Cons
low pay
very nice place to work employees are friendly
Caregiver/CNA (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAJuly 3, 2017
management was very nice and caring i loved everything about this job the hardest part was when to many call lights wen off at once but i handled it stress free just answered one by one
Pros
always enough staff
Diverse workers.
Care Giver (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDJune 27, 2017
This company wasn't the worst I'd ever worked at, and certainly won't be either. They had a few major issues, like assigning favorite workers to certain houses, while giving the weakest staff the hardest house. The management team wasn't very helpful or responsible for the health or well being of the employees or residents. The Activities Director didn't plan separate things for each house, instead they reused the same old schedule for each house every day. Some of the clients were well aware that they weren't being treated correctly, while others went on oblivious to this.
Pros
Good social structure between staff
Cons
Spotty Management
need better Management
Part-time Receptionist, dietary, housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 21, 2017
I worked for this company for 9yrs. and not everything was completely terrible about this company, but they have changed names of company so many times and directors so many times there is no stability amongst the staff or management.
Pros
residents was pleasure to be around
Cons
bad management, terrible pay
Heartless...
Personal Care Assistant (PCA) (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 20, 2017
I loved the actual job, taking care of my residents was rewarding. But the management wouldn't allow us to really interact with residents such as dinner time or activities. And I just didn't morally feel right about the care we were providing.
A place to really help others
Medicine Technician (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 26, 2017
This facility did not pay the best and management was always looking at the bottom line, but they are always in need and it is rewarding to care for others.
its a job.
medtech (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 3, 2017
its a job. pay is the minimum u can pay. management are rude. executive director is there even one. employees are messy and gossip too much. they play favoritism role. if they like you or if the medtech is your bestfriend or mother you get the most hours. this place is not to be trusted
Pros
free lunch
Cons
pay, 401k, gossip too much
Dont apply here
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaApril 27, 2017
This company is bad, you work your butt off and do double the work and it's never appreciated. The management don't care about there employee or the residents!!! This company is not a nursing home but you have residents that stays there that you have to pick up and take to the bathroom and dress when your not suppose to do any of that!!! YOU DO DOUBLE THE WORK AND DON'T GET PAID FOR IT!!! and when working 3rd shift they want you to sit and watch the walls you can't read or do your homework while on the clock when you don't have anything to do on your down time!! This place is going down and they are infested with roaches as well.
Bad bad bad
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 5, 2017
This place cares more about appearance than the residents they don't give raises they didn't care about scheduling needs they are very bad do not go here
Pros
Food
Cons
Nursing staff
Family atmosphere
Dietary (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 27, 2017
I had to serve food to the senior citizens in the cafeteria. I also had to clean up the kitchen and dining room when all the residents leave. Fast paced job
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No raises
Love from the residents
Housekeeping, Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMarch 26, 2017
I loved working with the company. Made new fiture interest in adventures from learning as I did work. They allowed me to work as much as I liked and supported me as I did. Made sure I knew my tasks and duties as a worker from new to old. Plus was willing to have me aboard their company again. They could use a little more family in the company.
Pros
Builds your confidence
Cons
More communication amoung lower ranks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacifica Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8