Pacifica Senior Living

Pacifica Senior Living Employer Reviews

Cool Company
Resident Care Assistant (Former Employee), Roswell, GAApril 8, 2014
Great company, going in a great direction. Would love to learn more about it.
The Hardest Part of the Job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCMarch 7, 2014
Pros: work with elderly
Cons: shortage of workers, schduling conflicts
In the beginning I knew becoming a certified nursing assistant would have its effects. At the time, I was surrounded by CNA's and their explanations of their work duties but nothing compared to the reality of it.
Before I could actually get into the comfort of the routine and rhythm of being a CNA, I found myself becoming attached to the residents. – more... For 9+ hours a day, at least 7 residents' lives were in my hands.
Not to say the stomach moving duties that I had to do endure while caring for the elderly, were sometimes the hardest part of my day; the unexpected death of my residents was the hardest. With the hectic demands of working in a nursing home, you really don't have the time to grieve, while new residents and arrangements are being prepared. – less
Fun work environment
Assisted Living, Office Manager (Former Employee), Peoria, AZFebruary 26, 2014
AP, Invoices, AR, Resident Statements, HR, New Hires, New Resident Admissions
Friendly and bright atmosphere. Amazing co-workers and place to work.
Quality of Life Leader (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: interaction/ personal relationship with residents, co-workers work as a team, managers listen to when we have a concern most of the time it's carried out.
Cons: not enough caregivers
First off, my job consists of 6 cottages. Each cottage has one med. tech. and two care givers assigned. Each cottage varies from having 5-15 residents. The cottages are split up from high functioning to low functioning. A typical day at work consists of first greeting the shift being relieved. Get a report, do rounds to make sure residents needs and – more... safety are being met. Correlate with co-worker who will be getting what hall up for breakfast/ dressed/ changed/ toileted etc. After we have given them food, we get the other residents who like to sleep in up and ready. We then have activities, lunch and lay some of them down for a nap. Hardest part of my job would be to have one pass away. This job becomes a part of your life, as well as the residents I care for. The most enjoyable part is being able to spend quality time with them. To make them laugh and see them smile. I love to interact with the residents. It makes my job easier. I learn everyday at this job how short life is and to make sure I live it wisely. To impact the world/ people I encounter in my life in the most positive way I can. Even if it's just smiling at someone. My co-workers definitely make it easier. Without teamwork this place, or any workplace evolving direct care will fall apart. As far for management, I couldn't ask for better Employers. When we have a concern, they listen and most of the time follow through with it. They genuinely care about each resident and the people who take care of them. – less
Very nice facility
LVN (Former Employee), Chino Hills, CADecember 4, 2013
Pros: beautiful facility
Cons: they don't hire lvn's anymore
I enjoyed my time at Pacifica, it was my first job straight out of school. I had a wonderful LVN coordinator, and also had very nice LVN's who worked there, who all were very helpful in teaching me all the necessary aspects of the job to perform well.
Fast pace and Hard working
Residents Cook (Current Employee), Chino, CAOctober 7, 2013
Pros: in will open the door to a new industrie
Cons: work for the right company
knowledge to gain by working in a place like this, it is fun but yet it is rewarding to cook for the elderly. very fast pace, creativity, skills, planing, and organized.
A wonderful place to spend the remaing Golden Years of life.
Resident Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VASeptember 3, 2013
Pros: residents
Cons: healthcare, job security
In order to avoid a conflict of intrest, I prefer not to submit a review at this time. However, Pacifica is a wonderful place to spend the remaining Golden Years of Life.
Residents were great!
Caregiver (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAMay 22, 2013
I love the residents that lived here. My fellow co-workers provided awesome teamwork.
exercise equipment, and long walk on community property on spare time
Receptionist/administrative assistant (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 23, 2013
Very nice place to work, like a home enviornment with family,friends and co-workers.

Enjoy talking with the resident, helping with their appointments and their everyday needs. Listen to their concern and giving a listening ear to whatever is on their minds
of my day
Caregiver (Former Employee), Peoria, AZDecember 12, 2012
Pros: we got free meals..
Cons: need longer breaks
Well i would go in get then up an ready to eat then do meds then watch some tv then go outside an then etc...