Pacifica Senior Living Employee Reviews

under payed employees that are over worked
Med Tech/Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sun City, FLAugust 24, 2016
handfull of employees go up and beyond their job duties with no reconigtion alot of times do to the non experience of younger employees not being trained properly the management is very unorganized where one boss/manager states one thing while another is writing you up for doing it the facility has a major bug problem as i have witnessed roaches crawling on residents while they sleep
Residents
Dietary Cook (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 4, 2016
The residents deserve better care. Management should worry more about the well being of residents. I believe that with all the money that they make they should atleast make sure that the residents are bathed everyday.
Great loving work place.
Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 12, 2016
A typical work day at work was perfect. I learned to not overly work and stress a lot. Management at time of employment was not as great now. The hardest part was to leave my loving residents knowing i may not see them next shift i have. Most enjoyable part of the job was knowing when leaving my patients were clean comfortable and somewhat happy.
Pros
Free meals and all you can drink tea.
Cons
Scheduling
productive place for the residents and the employes
caregiver (Former Employee) –  Merced County, CAJune 28, 2016
this senior living place is a very nice place but the management is very poor. I enjoyed very much working there helping assist the residents with their needs.
Pros
love the residents and the work
Cons
management
Great place to work! Awesome professional Regionals that are supportive
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 28, 2016
A place that looks like home and feels like home the second you walk in the door. The residents and staff mingle and share the love.
This is the happiest place that I have ever worked...A great company with much to offer all of their associates.

The Regional Team are very happy and professional. They show us their understanding, support and dedication every day. They are one of a kind. The do not demean anyone in the company. There is nothing but love and support with this company.
Pros
Great team, the best residents, benefits, support from the team
Cons
the days are too short
Avoid this employer
management (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 20, 2015
I've been in the industry for 20 plus years and this was by far the worst management company I have ever worked for! They don't pay their bills even under contract! A good company culture is non existent. There is no structure except for what the CEO decides for that day. No consistency, communication or stability! Steer clear of this company!
Pros
Non
Cons
minimal pay and no benefits
Caregiver/medication tech (Former Employee) –  Riverside County, CANovember 4, 2015
Ask all the question's and get answers prior to employment. Its like pulling teeth after the fact to find out anything.

I Enjoyed job, but there is NO room to advance or make more than minimum wage ($10 Ca). Employees here through Encore were still making original hired in wage, only getting raise to meet new minimum wage laws. Most with dedication of 5 hears.
At my hire, only annual raise if one merits @ 2%, thats 20 cents a year-if you're lucky enough to get a review, you have to ask, remind and beg for a review. So at best you will get a buck more in 6 years. Well will facility remains Pacifica. These places seem to change ownership/names every few years.

Holiday pay is time and a half, only if you work the holiday and you must be a full time employee. Pacifica observes 5- Thanksgiving, Christmas, New years day, Easter Sunday & July 4. Vacation After a year, if full time, now you earn sick days as it is mandated by law they give you some.

No health insurance offered (except for office management) dental $20 a paycheck, but it doesn't cover anything. Other benefit is a resource number to call for referrals (mental health, counseling, smoking cessation) but you will pay for any services you need.

No tuition reimbursement or encouragement to further you career or education.

Would rather hire from outside than promote qualified employees working for company. (My thought is, they already have a good worker for a cheap rate, why promote?, right)

Grounds/cottages are beautiful and well kept.
Pros
The residents, their families and most staff (a few trouble makers, gossipers)
Cons
32 hours = full time, no 40 hour positions, benifits, minimal pay, Diapers, Making the seniors get up at the crack of dawn/they cant sleep in.
Pacifica was a great place to work with great empolyees
Business Office/Human Resource/Troubleshooter (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 14, 2015
A typical day at work is multitasking and completing tasks by the end of the day, which adds to my sense of daily accomplishments.

With each job, comes with a certain amount of new tasks to grasp and learn. My abilities have been to research and expand on those new tasks.

Seeking a position where I can apply my listed skills including management, while incorporating my enthusiasm and loyalty into my daily routine at my place of employment.

Any employer will immediately notice my obvious broad communication skills; which include good listening skills and implementing solutions.

I have always been a team member at work.

The hardest part of my day is when I know that I can't solve a problem immediately. The most enjoyable part of my day is to research or inquire, then give the correct answer.
Wonderful place to work or live
Assistant Activities Director (Current Employee) –  Millcreek, UTJune 2, 2016
Many friendly faces and fun work environment. I would recommend anyone top live at or facility, we are a fun and caring staff.
Intresting and new world
Cook (Former Employee) –  Greenacres, FLFebruary 11, 2016
This job was my first job away from home. It allowed me to socialize with people wise beyond their years. I have learned that even if you wish to try hard you must always take care to not push the body too hard. My coworkers taught me many things like cooking techniques and how events should be held. The hardest part of the job was the cold air in the freezer. I enjoyed the process of food presentation.
Pros
Snacks
Cons
Freezer
Numerous hours
Health Service Director (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDSeptember 10, 2015
This was a frustrating job as there was no training for staff or management. I would put in at least 12 hours per day as well as available to staff 24/7. If there were call ins and this was very common it was my place to find coverage and if none was available I would have to go in. There was no balance
Pros
Establishing relationships with residents
Cons
No breaks, no lunch
Assisted Living
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 3, 2015
This assisted living facility provides all the necessities for comfortable living for the residents while promoting independence and individuality. The population is varied and diverse and promotes a sense of community.
Pros
Experience
Cons
The most enjoyable part of my day is spending time with residents.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 18, 2015
I love my residents and co workers they are my family. There have been too many changes and too fast. Renovating front lobby and living room. Staff and residents overwhelmed and ready for everything to get back to normal.
Pros
Staff can have leftover breakfast
Cons
??
a very good place to work most of the time
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  2620 Robindale road Henderson Nv. 89074November 7, 2015
I worked at this facility for four years just like any place of business their are always some kind of problems, but you deal with them and move on with your work.
Pros
none come to mind, really good place to work.
Cons
working hard to do a good job at all times.
Environment
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Chino Hills, CANovember 20, 2015
Good place to work. Many opportunities to be of service to many kinds of people. I enjoy my work very much and it is close to home. Beautiful place to work.
Pros
Good co-workers, friendly visitors, opportunity to help others
Cons
Current location is great, benefits are not good
no reply (Former Employee) –  no replyJune 3, 2015
Great company but horrible benefits. The organization has some great qualities, staff is very nice but the healthcare benefits are not very good for a family, very expensive.
Pros
Great managers
benefits
safe and fun
Resident Aide (Current Employee) –  Sun City Center, FLMay 1, 2015
management is great.most enoyable part is interacting with my patients.coworkers are okay. hardest part is loosing a patient that you are attached to.
a great place to grow from
PCA PERSONAL CARE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 30, 2015
the most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. It was a new challenge everyday
great place to work except
Sales and Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZSeptember 21, 2015
corporate/owner doesnt pay his bills and the staff moral is bad - owner has made several questionable resident judgement calls
There were good and bad
Patian Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 15, 2015
I liked working at first but they have a group (one or two) of workers that tend to run off people. They act like high school kids starting drama.
The facility is nice but there is nasty water roaches that show up. yuck. The pay is minimal.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
few people make the ork place bad

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacifica Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8