PacifiCorp Employee Reviews

Great Exposure
Workforce management (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 28, 2016
Good environment to work. Lot of learning exposure in metering world. I enjoyed working here.

Nice team work. People are very helpful and co operative.
You are required to be a drone.
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORAugust 17, 2016
The compensation is decent, however, the insurance is extremely expensive. You MUST join the union and pay union dues. You are tracked on GPS at all times. You get ridiculed for any mistakes you make. They tell you who to vote for, where to shop, and if you aren't a lineman, you are not important.
Pros
Pay is good after the probationary period. Some autonomy
Cons
Expensive insurance, Union (closed shop), rare advancement opportunities.
It really depends on the department.
Procurement (Current Employee) –  oregonAugust 17, 2016
Overall poor culture. VERY VERY DIS-ENGAGED with staffs needs, constant turn over and lack of management trying to fix the staffing shortage. That's all.
Very Disappointing
Sr. QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 15, 2016
No Work Culture at all- Treat Contractors very badly. Management is very bad, no proper planning, want contractors to work extra hours but they dont pay for those extra hours.
Bully culture of old boys and girls club
Engineering Support (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 11, 2016
PacifiCorp is run by an old boys and girls club of bullies. When a contractor or FTE leaves the company because of the bullying, a high-level engineering manager bad-mouths them to the local engineering firms, damaging their career. If you take a job there, your mental health and career will be put at risk.
Pros
Stable employement during recessions
Cons
Low pay and benefits, often hostile work environment, Bully culture fights innovation and change
Learned so many things
SAP PI Consultant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 5, 2016
Learned so many things from Pacific corp team and management.
οƒ˜ Experience in implementation, support and migration Projects. Played a key role of onsite and off shore coordinator in a migration project.
οƒ˜ Good exposure in migration B2B interfaces from See burger to B2B Add –on tool, Worked on various EDI file formats like EDIFACT & ANSI X12.
οƒ˜ Experience in A2A integration with good knowledge of B2B integration using EDI, XML. Experience working with the EDI transactions for example Order (850), Order
Good compensation, average benefits and limited advancement opportunities.
Sr. IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 12, 2016
Stay on the good side with management and work hard and you will do well. Benefits have seriously eroded under Berkshire Hathaway.
Excellent Coworkers
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 8, 2016
I enjoyed working at PacifiCorp and with the remarkable people that are there. Work life balance is pretty good, though they treat their own better than they treat contractors.
Rotten company
Substation Foreman (Current Employee) –  washingtonNovember 19, 2015
Berkshire management has turned a good place to work into a terrible culture. Management cannot say a good word and is constantly reminding employees of how to be fired. Safe work is the result of skilled workers and not management.
Think twice before coming to work here. Broken promises and managers that purposely undermine job satisfaction.
Pros
The work load will only go up wiyh delayed maint.
Cons
No job security, and management hates us
typical week, plan work for 16 control and electrical techs on day shift and 8 shift techs. Order parts, interface with operations and mechanical dept
Present, Control and Electrical Planner (Current Employee) –  Point of Rocks, WYNovember 11, 2015
Pacificorp has been a very good place to work and has allowed me to support my family. Looking for a change as with changing times and expectations work load is more than a single person can handle. Hiring freezes have not provided needed help. In the last couple of years I was required to be in charge of both the supervision of the electricians and plan the daily tasks. I accomplished this task but worked many extra hours, I do not mind putting in the extra time when required but not all the time.
Workplace where much can be learned
Project Controls Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 2, 2015
Large corporation comes with given organizational politics and hang up points. Decent work environment, always lots to learn and opportunity to interact with many different departments.
Adequate pay, but poor workplace morale and benefits
Senior Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 1, 2015
I began at the PacifiCorp Customer Contact Center shortly after the company was taken over by MidAmerican Energy (Berkshire Hathaway). Ordinarily this is a time when jobs are cut, so this was a promising sign.

However over the years, what wasn't cut in jobs was cut in benefits and employee appreciation. Despite hours of meetings about customer service culture (Fish!, Service from the Heart) these initiatives were never followed through. Employees were never empowered to make changes; and when employees suggested changes they were met with outright resistance.

Many employees were afraid to leave during the rough economic times, because the company did pay decent compared to other companies, and were willing to take the benefits cuts. However, as the economy is getting better and our company is recognized as having the leading customer service of all national utilities, we are thanked with a combative President who demands more for less, and has all but said "If you don't like it, leave." Morale is at an all time low, and management does not care in the slightest.

If you don't mind keeping your mouth quiet, PacifiCorp might be a good fit for you. Don't rock the boat, don't say anything, don't question anything (even if the company is in the wrong), and you'll get along fine.

If you are someone that seeks a challenge, wants to see improvement, and wants to move up...move on.
Pros
Pay is better than other organizations
Cons
Benefits have been drastically cut. Poor morale. Very militaristic management.
typical work days
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 9, 2015
The work was typical based on the corporate work environment.
Standard policies and procedures, however, some policies could be updated to be more consistent with paradigm shifts.
Great place to work, with a great schedule.
Hydro Helper (Current Employee) –  Central Point, ORAugust 13, 2015
Fun work place, great people to work with. Day to day jobs are not monotonous. Huge appreciation and attention to safety and regulations. Any safety equipment is supplied to make you feel comfortable.
Pros
Great people and great day to day jobs and learning experiences.
Cons
Hard to advance for temp employees.
Constant downsizing
Accounting/Finance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 8, 2015
As people leave the organization, they are not replaced. You are expected to absorb the workload with no additional compensation or promotion.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
People not valued
There is no I in team and it takes a team to make things go smooth and safe.
Material handler, durinf lonfwall moves (Current Employee) –  Huntington, UTMay 28, 2015
I learned a lot about belts in this job and enjoyed the challenges that it would bring. I liked the fact that my bosses knew that I would preform the job and go above and beyond what was asked of me. I enjoyed working with my coworkers and knew that we would watch over each other in challenging times.
Pros
Excellent health benifits
Productive and encouraging workplace
Mailroom Technician (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 24, 2015
This workplace is flexible about time off, provides opportunities for growth, and the management is very attentive and positive. I enjoyed my time working here, and my co-workers were consistently supportive and fun to work with. There is a bit of a learning curve when dealing with the equipment and the data entry software, but overall everything was laid out simply and clearly.
Pros
Central location to great restaurants and cafes, opportunities for overtime
Cons
Early start times and occasional weekend shifts.
Terrible environment, greedy management, poorly managed company
Manager, Corporate Reporting and Ad Hoc Analysis (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 16, 2015
If this is the last chance you have at any employment, then consider public assistance. I would rather beg on the street corner.
No future here.
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 3, 2015
Little organization. Very loose. Unless you are EXCEPTIONAL, hold your breath. They think they are the "cream of the crop". Some VERY smart individuals.
Fast-paced, multi-faceted work demands.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 18, 2015
I managed a high-volume workload within a time sensitive environment. Demanding but overall avery good learning experience.

2.8