PacificSource Health Plans

PacificSource Health Plans Employee Reviews in United States

People are great
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORFebruary 9, 2016
Great group to work with. Fun people, very involved with the community. Good benefits and good wage compensation. Advancement for those that want to.
Listen to what is being said
nurse (Current Employee) –  BoiseSeptember 7, 2015
about managers. It's true. This is a very stressful place to work due to hostile managers. Your best bet is to skip it. I too, will be thankful for the day I can leave. This place is a nightmare.
Cons
Negative and hostile work environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Boise, IdahoAugust 17, 2015
I've never experienced such a negative work environment. Unless, you are in management or one of the cliques, they look for things to get you fired or push you to quit. HR is no support whatsoever and is not to be trusted. Keep to yourself and you might be safe. If you enjoy living in fear of losing your job on a daily basis, this might be the place for you. This is an office full of stress and anxiety for many employees.
Benefits
Cons
Management and HR
Love the Culture at PacificSource. Very Community minded!
Credentialing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 24, 2015
Great place to work, wonderful benefits, very health conscious and provides support to maintain a healthy lifestyle!
Incompetent management, ridiculous HR.
Infrastructure Support Configuration Analyst (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJune 3, 2015
When I began my career at PacificSource, I truly believed this was where I would retire one day, It really was a company that cared about family, community and it's employees. I spent over a decade, in three departments, worked my way to the top of two, developed new policies, procedures, was part of their amazing mentor program, was a trainer, did everything I could to better myself and the company I cared so deeply about.

Then the company, career, and people I cared so much about began to change...

They canceled the mentor program, it was no longer important. There was restructuring, people were moved into positions of authority with absolutely no training, they say 'the best way to test a person's character is to give them power' (Abraham Lincoln) well believe me, many were tested and many failed, but they remained in places of authority. You could no longer go to your 'Supervisor' for help with issues because so many of them had no idea how to do the job of their subordinates. It was made clear to me I would not receive a promotion I had earned for over a year but yet it was given to others in my department who could not perform my job, favorites, as mentioned in some of the previous reviews. So discouraging how the workplace has come to resemble high school.

Though I have to say, nothing was more discouraging than to watch the 'weeding out' of employees. So many long term employees are no longer with the company, why?

It doesn't take a genius to find the common factors, so disappointing. So glad this institution is no longer part of my life!
Pros
well, you have a job
Cons
everything
Excellent company
Rather not say. (Current Employee) –  Rather not sayMay 5, 2015
PacificSource is a great company to work for. It is respected in the industry, the members, providers and agents generally like working with PacificSource. When there are issues, they are fixed quickly. My pay is decent and I have had 2 raises in one year. I do not know if that is typical or not. I have a positive attitude and that may help those who sound disgruntled on these reviews.
Pros
Pro "balanced life".
Cons
Some positions are very strict about phone time, etc, because there are goals.
Progressive and Transparent
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Helena MTMay 5, 2015
If you are willing to work hard, learn and grow then this company really has no limits. We work in teams to prevent work being done in silis and to ensure changes are made only when they make sense and ultimately improve our members' experience.
Pros
well respected across the industry, amazing benefits, community involvement, high touch approach
Cons
still growing in Montana but that's not always a bad thing
Stress
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORMarch 23, 2015
I was stressed from the moment I arrived to when I left and dreaded returning each day. I hated it. I felt I was constantly under a microscope and not free to just do my work without having a watchful eye.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
the stress on my life
PacificSource is an employment opportunity that I have been extremelyfortunate to have experienced. Excellent in all catagories
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 11, 2015
In the medical claims department, a typical day included entering medical and hospital claims with accuracy and reasonable speed.

I learned self management and consistancy.

Other tasks, such as claims research, communication by letter or phone with doctor offices, insurance companies, supervisors was necessary.

I rate the management as A-1

I loved the management, I found it well balanced and very progressive.

The hardest part of the job was, well, I didn't consider any part of it harder than another. I did require focus for many hours at a time,

The most enjoyable part of this job was the people. They were well chosen and we worked closely with each other and they were very personable. I hated to leave this company
Pros
excelent employee benefits, vatcation pay, sick leave
Productive, great culture, upward mobility potential, great management
Provider Network Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORJanuary 18, 2015
Younger culture that offers real upward mobility. Everyone works together so not a competitive environment. Management is very understanding and willing to work employees on issues. Gives ample time and resources for training. Keeps employees very involved in how company is behaving in market and future plans.
Don't bother
Pr (Former Employee) –  idahoNovember 29, 2014
This is one of the more hostile work places I've ever encountered. HR is not interested in employees. Management was not interested either. I was deliberately excluded from mtgs I should have been involved in as they were my clients. I was belittled repeatedly to clients and coworkers and community members by my manager. She would make a tiny move to "improve" our relationship and state we would do this activity daily. But then made excuses after one try. She would write someone up with great "reasons" but never provide proof. You were left to speculate. On at least two occasions, I was written up and later trained on what I had been written up on. And she insisted on babysitting. Everything had to go thru her so staff was not allowed to interact with each other. I guess this way she had control and could make you out to be an idiot but it was highly unproductive. But the new HR lady needed to please her. I've never felt such profound relief over leaving a job than I did this one. this manager spent so much time trying to find and create chinks in your Barney, and getting paid for it, as far as I'm concerned you're wasting your money for their services as this is what they spend their money on.
Pros
community involvement is allowed at 8 hours a year
Cons
everything else
Great benefits for employees
Claims-Quality Audit and Research Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OROctober 15, 2014
Highly regarded in the community. They offer good benefits for employees. Good community within the company too.
Expanding company with a diverse culture
CUSTOMER SERVICE AUDIT MENTOR SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ORSeptember 29, 2014
A typical work day involves handling various calls from all aspects of the industry. Each call presents a unique challenge. The company culture is diverse and really involves themselves in the community. The hardest part of the job is the changing healthcare laws that affect the way claims process, The most enjoyable part of my job is by far the people I work with. They truly are like family.
Pros
quartlery bonus
Cons
ever changing healthcare laws
JD power assoc, excellent place of employment
CAIII claims processing (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ORAugust 9, 2014
CAIII claims processing
I learned a lot from this company about excel, writing and proofing desktops, attending meetings, decision making and much more
Great management and coworkers collaborating
The hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the changes in healthcare, but great teams
I enjoy all aspects of my job, but would just like to work from home
Far worse then they have you believe
Health Services (Former Employee) –  Bend, OregonDecember 15, 2013
When I first started working here in 2011 it was a great company. I moved halfway across the county for this job. I made 40% less at this job but thought it would eventually pay off but it didn't. I found out that unless you are a favorite of management you won't advance, even with a college education! Management is poorly trained and not equipped to deal with complex management issues. While many managers are RN's or MD's they don't possess the necessary skills needed in a business environment. When we would express our concerns HR would tell us if you don't like working here you can find another place to work! That's almost a direct quote! They think they provide an outstanding work environment and excellent pay but the pay is not enough for the work you do and the work environment can be hostile.

There are positives at PacificSource but unfortunately they are overshadowed by poor management and no real work life balance. Time off or flexible schedules are frowned upon unless your in management. It doesn't matter how educated or experienced you are either. If they like someone's personality more than your's they will advance them and not you. Don't buy into their hype, this company is terrible and you have to pay a portion of your health insurance now!
Pros
community involvement, great people, good benefit package
Cons
unskilled management, low pay, no advancement opportunities
Poor management makes this place a disaster
RN (Former Employee) –  SpringfieldOctober 17, 2013
Some managers may be better but I worked for someone who had her favorites and ignored or verbally abused the others who worked for her. Older nurses are very unfriendly and too into doing their homework at work, setting up an entire bridal shower while at work, being rather unfriendly and very controlling with patients so patients will not "bother them". Also, if this company decides something is "not medically necessary" and the test or the hospital stay have already happened the patients are then billed for the services. Other managed care plans protect their patients from being balance billed but this one does not. Lots of unhappy patients. They got a JD Powers award by giving free insurance premiums to people. MD who decides on what is approved and what is not approved does not even have an MD license in Oregon, which is their primary state. Their benefit booklet states "certified case manager nurses" review inpatient hospital stays when the reality is that only 2 out of 6 actually have the certification. Lots of emphasis on company values but I never saw those values being exhibited. My manager frequently referred to patients as "those people". Those people are the ones paying the insurance premiums unless they are up for an award.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
punative management
Teamwork, enjoyable work place
Idaho Individual Medical Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 7, 2013
Work on a team of 5 underwriters, we each have our own responsibilities, however, we can back each other up. Able to use our own thought process and make decisions independently.