Packaging Corporation of America Employee Reviews

Lead Operator (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 19, 2017
Great working environment to work friendly people friendly management. Helps you learn measurements in decimals and fractions. Building and designing corrugated boxes
Pros
Great overtime
Cons
Factory gets hot
not sure
Assistant operator to lead man when he (Former Employee) –  salrt lake city utahJune 13, 2017
this was a great place to work,untell they got new management,after that everything wentb down hill from there..but the employes are great people to work with,just need to watch who u open up to there thow
Pros
monthly safety rewards
Cons
no lunches, short breaks..and sometimes only get 1 or 2 breaks in 10 hr days
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Cheswick, PAJune 9, 2017
Typical days included the days beginning at 4 AM to 2 PM on overtime, and 5 AM to 1 PM regular hours. During my experience there, it was over time the whole duration of the summer. The management was amazingly good. They were helpful and always willing to explain and elaborate upon what was needed to be achieved. The hardest part of the job was the hours. It wasn't the usual 9-to-5 job, so a new balance of time was needed. Most enjoyable part of the job was loading and unloading trailers. This is because it kept me moving when I wasn't working on the assembly line standing in the same spot, and kept me much more active on the job. Most of the other people working there were temporary workers, with a few full time workers. It always had you meeting new people.
productive and a fun work place
Amozon (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 31, 2017
everyone respected each other and if I needed help they were willing to help out with each other we got our work done no one playing around and our customers were pleased and happy. We were able top get promotions based on our work that we performed I loved working for them and wouldn't mind working for them again wen in tuff situations they were there to always help and if sick or a death they gave u time off with pay a very good job.
Pros
sometimes free lunches
Cons
short breaks and thats it
Good work
Assistant Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 22, 2017
Good work, easy once you've learned how everything runs, good benefits, great caring of employee's. Great incentives to work hard and take pride in your work.
Pros
Good saftey incentives
Cons
Not willing to hear from employee's
Lots of chaos
Assembler/Machine Helper (Former Employee) –  Creighton, PAMay 16, 2017
No matter how much time you put in and bend over backwards for them you will never get hired in. If your a temp the treat you like you do nothing, and that your worth noting.
Great place to work during the summer
Safety Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALMay 15, 2017
Had a great summer experience working for PCA. The employees were all extremely friendly. The management was also great at encouraging and teaching me my responsibiites
Big company moving fast to always be more productive
PROCESS CONTROLS ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Tomahawk, WIMay 8, 2017
- Meeting pretty regularly
- Serve call on rotational basis
- Learned a literal ton from the enormous amount of equipment at the facility
- Upper management is the biggest thing holding the company back from being great
Stressful environment.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  wallula, WashingtonMay 5, 2017
Micro managed workplace, rules and guide line change constantly. PCA preaches a non hostile work environment yet corporate and local senior management do not understand this concept. The workforce has seen a constant departure of managers, superintendent's and front line supervisors. Over all this company has evolved into the worst company I ever worked for.
Attitudes
General Utiliy (Current Employee) –  Gas City, INMay 1, 2017
Terrible work atmosphere. You pretty much live there, working 12 hours a day sometimes 6 days a week. Management makes alot of bonehead decisions that make no sense. The union is geared more towards people that have seniority. New people have no say in schedules and can be moved from shift to shift constantly. You will make good money and have decent benefits, but you will be treated like trash, to me it wasn't worth dealing with the bad attitudes that workers and management has there.
Pros
pay
Cons
No work life balance, poorly managed, a lot of bad attitudes.
Hard honest work, good pay
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Wallula, WA 99363April 30, 2017
Paper making has somewhat of a reputation for being hard work and sometimes dangerous. I can attest that this is true. If you work hard and work safe and want good pay this is a good place for you. I built good relationships working hard side by side other good people. I would probably still be there if I hadn't decided to move cities.
Pros
Good hardworking people, good pay.
Cons
I dont really feel there is a short side, just know you are in for some long hours and hardwork. the reward is there if you stick with it.
Horrible management
Flexographic Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLApril 26, 2017
Idk where to begin, management thinks they can speak to you how ever they want, treat employees like we are nothing, they basically anybody , as long as you breath you can get a job, don't train employee like they should, I guess because only a few know what they are doing. No sick days, all is a point system which everybody gets in, union sucks, agrees to managements commands, don't care if you have a family or a life, your life is PCAs !! And everybody is in everybody's business, drama drama drama, like a dam high school. Glad I no longer work there after 7 long dreadful years, rather make 8 an hour picking fruit then to work for that black hole
Pros
Nothing but good benefits
Cons
Read the review lol
general description of job
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 23, 2017
Steady not to strenuous work and good hours good employee cohesion. Also on the bus line witch makes it very feasible to commute back and forth for those who don't own a vehicle
Pros
good pay not hard work
Cons
didnt feel as if my work was truly apprciate
Fork Lift Operator
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAApril 22, 2017
The days were long and the shifts rotated. I learned how to work each shift and how to do different jobs for different lines. The management worked well together. There wasn't a hard part of the job. The job itself was enjoyable.
Pros
Team work
Independently place to work did my own thing
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  ColoradoApril 18, 2017
Even though I cover Colorado and some of Phoenix and New Mexico it's was still manageable. I worked for the local plan in Windsor Colorado so I have a good technical support and get contact with the people there. All along I still worked out of my own home office.
Pros
Independence, good pay, Company car.
Cons
None that I can say.
Good Pay
Machine Helper (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLApril 18, 2017
Company is very customer oriented. Pays extremely well compared to its competitors. I enjoyed the daily set goals they had for the machine I worked on.
Productive Sales with great training
Packaging Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Marshalltown, IAApril 14, 2017
While at PCA I was fortunate enough to be trained by a great management team. Also was given free reign to procure business the way that I wanted to. A hunters position that really challenged me.
Fast Paced
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 5, 2017
You work five days a week from anywhere to 8-12 hours a day. Everything is quick, its hot inside. You must be prepared to work because the day can turn into a longer one
Well structured and safety conscious.
Production Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Edmore, MIMarch 30, 2017
When PCA bought the business it became structured with more emphasis for documents and numbers. Not a bad thing. It allowed you to know where you stood against other plants in the corporation. Safety was a major concern and was proven by weekly safety briefings and meetings.
Pros
Good benefits, good people to work with.
Cons
Corporation requires plenty of red tape.
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 27, 2017
Expectations are outlined so there is no question on what is required of you. Good place to get in and do your job, then go home without having to take it with you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Packaging Corporation of America. Our community is ready to answer.