Packers Plus Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Internship in Casper
Tech Services Engineer - Internship (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYJuly 14, 2017
I was lucky enough to be accepted for an internship in Casper, Wy. I worked out of the shop most days doing the same tool assembly. Although I did get to go on a few jobs into the field that were very sleep deprived until the job was done. Sometimes up 24 Hrs straight.

This was just an internship so it is slightly different than a real employment.
Pros
Knowledge Learned
Cons
Strenuous
Started off Great!
US Technical Assurance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 7, 2017
When I first started at Packers Plus I thought there was no way a company could be this great. But it was! For the first 4 years I couldn't have imagined a more perfect job and company. But the wrong people in the wrong places turned it around for the worse. Hope they can regain momentum, but it needs work.
Pros
Pay
nice place to work and the people were helpful.
Testing tech (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 12, 2017
this place was a nice learning experience in the field of oil field tools and how they worked. the hours were from 8 to 10 hours sometime on Saturday which I did not mind.
receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYJanuary 19, 2017
I greeted customers, answered and transferred phone calls in a friendly manner. I also filed paperwork and received and shipped out products. Loved working as a team.
Nice productive and friendly work place.
Data Technician Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2017
Working at Packersplus was a friendly, nice and comfortable work atmosphere. All the employees are helpful to one another. Great management to work with but at times can be challenging as with any job at times. The family oriented atmosphere is the most enjoyable part of the job and some of the hardest things is the unexpected of the job.
Pros
The different get togethers celebrated as a family.
Cons
Healthcare
Working for Packers Plus Energy Services was a rewarding experience.
Jr. Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYDecember 7, 2016
Packers Plus was an interesting job with a lot of challenging aspects. All of the employees I worked with were very dedicated to what they did and worked very hard to do there best.
great company
Shop Foreman (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 4, 2016
great company but due to the oil prices my district closed but great company and ppl. they really care about their employees
Good Pay
Shop Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 4, 2016
Work was great Learned a lot about the oil field here. Best thing to work here was the bonus every month. Christmas party and Team building was a plus
Great company
Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 28, 2016
Couldn't have asked for a better company to work for. Unfortunately, times changed for the Oil & Gas Industry and company wide layoffs were introduced. I will miss everyone there.
Pros
A lot
Cons
Some management
Great Company
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 25, 2016
Packers is the best company ever, I would recommend anyone to this great company and leadership. The people there are really awesome
Great company and family oriented
Raw Materials Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 23, 2016
I loved working for the managers and my co-workers were easy to work with.
Managers were very helpful & able to give instructions for a project and not have to worry about micro-managing. They trusted us to get the job done efficiently, on time & do it right the first time.
Hardest part of the job was working with a short time schedule for material to be purchased and delivered, so expediting was a daily function, but having great relationships with suppliers & vendors made it much less stressful than it could have been.
Pros
Awesome benefits- vacation, health & sick pay. Flexible work hours.
Cons
Oil & Gas company not able to keep all employees during the decline in the industry.
Productive and fun place to work for
Lead Data Tech (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 10, 2016
I really enjoyed working in their environment. Everyone was very nice and friendly. Best part was my coworkers became my family.
Pros
Christmas Parties
It was a good place to work. You got free breakfest most of the time.
Production Coordinator and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 2, 2016
It was a productive and fun place to work. It had a work friendly atmosphere. Everyone there worked tegether to achieve the common goal of meeting Customer requirements and deliveries.
Pros
We had free breakfest and sometimes lunch.Once a year a company Christmas party.
Best place ever
Regional Well Engineering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2015
I loved my entire time at at Packers Plus, from management on down! Everything from the company events, to just the regular days in the office were great. The employees were awesome as well. I would definitely go back!
Pros
everything!
Cons
slow in industry caused lay offs
Day to Day Challenges.
Employee (Current Employee) –  USSeptember 10, 2015
There is a day to day challenge of dealing with lack of communication between Salesmen, Coordinator and managers that affect daily productivity. There is a lot was wasted time and man hours on having to redo work. Horrible work environment with several safety and trip hazards. Work is done in an old building with a lot of dust, mold and mildew.
Pros
My peers are cool to work with. Good team work.
Cons
Inexperianced Management, Bad work conditions, Bad Pay.
Fantastic Company to Work For
CMM Programmer/Operator, Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 25, 2015
Packers Plus Energy Services, Inc. is a great company to work for. Packers Plus Energy Services, Inc. values its employees and supports a healthy work-life balance. Packers Plus Energy Services, Inc. works toward supporting its employees in succeeding in the company and in the industry.
Pros
Family Oriented
Cons
Variable Hours
Awesome Company
Q. C. Inspector/Faro/CMM Operator/Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Houston, TxApril 29, 2015
I enjoy working with Packers Plus, the personnel is great.
I started Packers Plus 2011 and always dedicated and dependable.
Pros
Bonuses, Overtime, fellowship, moral friendly
Cons
No Bonuses, overtime
A good work enviornment
Shop Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 19, 2014
I learned a great deal from my time with Packers Plus Energy Services. I look to take the knowledge and experience I acquired and apply it in the future with my best foot forward. I learned to assemble and disassemble setting tools, packers, linerhangers, fracports, and many other oilfield tools. I became certified in forklift operation, crain operation, and many safety capacities. I got along well with my co-workers and will remain friends with them in the future. The hardest part of the job was remaining motivated when others around me did not care, and there was miscommunication between the salesmen and coordinator. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction I felt when I worked hard and applied the skills I learned to complete a job in a small amount of time.
Pros
Great benefits, good company infrastructure
Cons
Poor facilities, poor compensation, terrible equipment
management
technical trainer (Former Employee) –  houstonAugust 25, 2014
horrible management, they have a hard time keeping personal with the proper experience
Pros
Cons
everything
Great Small Company Feel
Frac Operator (Current Employee) –  Casper, WYAugust 22, 2014
Great management and support. When you need something you speak to actual people not recordings or call centers. Very attentive to employee needs.
Pros
No micro-managing
Cons
no schedule in my department