Packers Sanitation Services, Inc Employee Reviews

productive work place
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, PADecember 10, 2015
hard work place had to walk around with a hose to clean big warehouse rooms, saw pig head ears eyes nose tongue small wasnt the best
Pros
breaks
Cons
disgusting work
Would be great if I was a man, with no family or a life
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARMay 9, 2014
Hard hat,hair net, steam, hot water, bacteria to kill, obstacles of many to cross
Pros
great people on team
Cons
long hours, nodays off
enjoying a day off
Advanced Site Manager Training (Former Employee) –  Kieler, WIJanuary 15, 2014
A typical day at work is finding out at what time I would get the departments for cleaning and how long I had to clean. I learned how to motivate team members and get the fullest work performance. I have always been a team player and I have managed to cvomplete job duties at a timely manor. I believe that the most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that my crew did an outstanding job for the company.
It was an exciting job that always presented a challenge.
Sanitation Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, PAOctober 3, 2013
Overall, I enjoyed working for the company. A typical day at work would begin with a group meeting, and then staff would be assigned to various areas of the meat packing plant to begin work. My co-workers were cooperative team-players who were very helpful during the shift. However, the management staff was very unprofessional. The most difficult part of the job was disassembling the heavy machinery throughout each work station. The most enjoyable part of this job was training new hires, as well as other employees because I was given an opportunity to be trained as a part of management staff.
Low Salary Top-Out Rate
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Goodlettsville, TNSeptember 27, 2013
From my experience I found the majority of management and corporate office individuals both at the location I worked at and who I met there from corporate and spoke with at corporate on the phone, to really not care about the employees. Employees are kept in the dark about job security and any advancement opportunities.
I would never tell anybody to apply with this company. I would instead tell them to keep far, far away from it.
Pros
none.
Cons
long hours, little respect from management and corporate.
A challenging work environment
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Monroe, GADecember 1, 2012
A typical day at work would include meetings with plant management and sanitation employees. Managing employees work and evaluating their success.
I learned the importance of providing a safe workplace for my employees and how to motivate our team members on a daily basis.
On a day to day basis I would meet with different managers at different locations.
My co-workers are located throughout the country, which requires you to be able to accomplish goals on your own.
The hardest part of the job would be consistantly meeting government requirements on a daily basis.
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting and working with different teams across the country.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
work away from home on a weekly basis
Packers Sanitation was a good company to work for. It was a big loss to the community when they closed the Mt. Pleasant office.
Receptionist/Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, IANovember 20, 2012
From 1994 - 2010 my biggest duty was checking Gov't I9s. I also processed payroll while working with supervisors & helping fellow employees.
Payroll was moved to the WI office 01/2012 & I was transferred to the accounting dept. My main responsibility in that dept was processing expense reports & eventually also being the main switchboard operator.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Packers Sanitation Services, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8