Packers Sanitation Services, Inc Employee Reviews

Workplace was challenging
Safety Supervisor / Trainer (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJuly 11, 2017
A typical work day, is making sure that all employees have their safety gear on and making sure that they receive safety information by 11:45 PM. This was also for the Spanish speaking group. All area supervisors are responsible to double check their people and to make sure that equipment are properly locked out.

The hardest part of the job is not being in 10 plus areas at the same time and spending all day at the hospital with no compensation. The most enjoyable part of the job, is getting through the night without an accident.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Employees not locking out their equipment before cleaning.
Ever changing evnironment with a diverse workforce.
Technical Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Kieler, WIApril 29, 2017
I enjoy working for Packers Sanitation, it's an ever changing environment with a diverse workforce. A typical week starts off by driving to my area of responsibility which includes, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and Ohio. I arrive at a facility between 8pm and 12am, conduct a pre-shift meeting with employees, we discuss a variety of topics to include safe, food safety, review PSSI policies, check Personal Protective Equipment, and areas to be cleaned.

Since starting with PSSI I have learned safety policies to include OSHA regulations, ANSI regulations, food safety to include microbiology, sanitation, BRC and SQF audit.

The management team at PSSI is extremely knowledgeable and always just a phone call away no matter what time of the day or night it is. They are more that willing to help out other employees and co-workers by providing knowledge and assistance as needed. The management also treats it employees as family especially in times of need. There have been numerous occasion where the upper level management team has raised money for it's employees, an example is one time an employees house burned down, and our company raised thousands of dollars for the employee to help them back on their feet.

Workplace culture is constantly improving by providing employees with the latest safety and food safety information. Our teams quickly adapt to an every changing environment due to new safety standards, company policies, and new food safety regulations.

The hardest part of the job is the constant travel. I am on the road 5 days a week and stay in hotels on a daily basis.
  more...
The most enjoyable part of the job is all of the new friends I have made from the different facilities. Being able to teach them new skills relevant to their job, and to provide them with the skills necessary for promotion.
Pros
Car Allowance, Company Provided Cell Phone, Meal Money
Cons
Extensive traveling 90% (approx. 55, 000 miles per year), bad health insurance.
Excellent
Recruiter Specialist Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 21, 2017
This company is a very well organized, successful and with high ethical standards. Management is connected with staff concerns and highly encourages participation in management decisions.
productive work place
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, PADecember 10, 2015
hard work place had to walk around with a hose to clean big warehouse rooms, saw pig head ears eyes nose tongue small wasnt the best
Pros
breaks
Cons
disgusting work
Office Management Assistant and Sanitation Worker - Food Processing Facilities
Office Management Assistant and Sanitation Worker (Current Employee) –  Claxton, GASeptember 22, 2015
The PSSI supervisors at this site are disrespectful and mistreats the employee. The site guards harass worker for any reason. Asking PSSI employee to leave the site for talking too loud in the break room without noticing the supervisors first. An employee passed out at while working and the guards took a picture and wrote her up for sleeping on the job. She was taken to the hospital by another PSSI worker during the shift with her supervisor approval.
Pros
The employees work well together.
Cons
The supervisors and guards.
Would be great if I was a man, with no family or a life
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARMay 9, 2014
Hard hat,hair net, steam, hot water, bacteria to kill, obstacles of many to cross
Pros
Great People on Team
Cons
Long hours, nodays off
enjoying a day off
Advanced Site Manager Training (Former Employee) –  Kieler, WIJanuary 15, 2014
A typical day at work is finding out at what time I would get the departments for cleaning and how long I had to clean. I learned how to motivate team members and get the fullest work performance. I have always been a team player and I have managed to cvomplete job duties at a timely manor. I believe that the most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that my crew did an outstanding job for the company.
It was an exciting job that always presented a challenge.
Sanitation Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, PAOctober 3, 2013
Overall, I enjoyed working for the company. A typical day at work would begin with a group meeting, and then staff would be assigned to various areas of the meat packing plant to begin work. My co-workers were cooperative team-players who were very helpful during the shift. However, the management staff was very unprofessional. The most difficult part of the job was disassembling the heavy machinery throughout each work station. The most enjoyable part of this job was training new hires, as well as other employees because I was given an opportunity to be trained as a part of management staff.
Low Salary Top-Out Rate
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Goodlettsville, TNSeptember 27, 2013
From my experience I found the majority of management and corporate office individuals both at the location I worked at and who I met there from corporate and spoke with at corporate on the phone, to really not care about the employees. Employees are kept in the dark about job security and any advancement opportunities.
I would never tell anybody to apply with this company. I would instead tell them to keep far, far away from it.
Pros
None.
Cons
Long hours, little respect from management and corporate.
A challenging work environment
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Monroe, GADecember 1, 2012
A typical day at work would include meetings with plant management and sanitation employees. Managing employees work and evaluating their success.
I learned the importance of providing a safe workplace for my employees and how to motivate our team members on a daily basis.
On a day to day basis I would meet with different managers at different locations.
My co-workers are located throughout the country, which requires you to be able to accomplish goals on your own.
The hardest part of the job would be consistantly meeting government requirements on a daily basis.
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting and working with different teams across the country.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
work away from home on a weekly basis
Packers Sanitation was a good company to work for. It was a big loss to the community when they closed the Mt. Pleasant office.
Receptionist/Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, IANovember 20, 2012
From 1994 - 2010 my biggest duty was checking Gov't I9s. I also processed payroll while working with supervisors & helping fellow employees.
Payroll was moved to the WI office 01/2012 & I was transferred to the accounting dept. My main responsibility in that dept was processing expense reports & eventually also being the main switchboard operator.