PacSun

PacSun United States Employee Reviews

Fun work environment in casual products.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), College Station, TXMay 3, 2015
Pros: Fun music, good discount, good people
Cons: Low pay and not the best communication with other managers
A pretty fun company to work for! A typical day consist of inventory, sales, scheduling, typical store stuff.

The company had part-time assistant manager and then removed that position. I no longer wished to continue in that area.

The hardest part was learning how to develop our associates when they only worked one or two times a week.

I really enjoyed the customers!
Highly demanding with focus on growth
Store Manager (Former Employee), Cerritos, CAApril 30, 2015
Pros: good discount, drive for success
Cons: not anywhere enough hours for support on and off the floor, pressure like you have never felt before
PacSun is a high demand company with little support. A typical work week would allow for 180 hours. Talking to management from comparable companies like foreign exchange would come close to double that.

The CEO has great drive and vision for PacSun and is relying heavily on brand names and getting ahead of the trend. Which is awesome for the customer, but it hurts the sales team. With money being funded into the customer and marketing, cuts need to be made in other areas, specific, employees. As a PacSun manager, I was compensated well above average of other retailers. My team, however, received minimum wage. I understand entry level retail jobs should be awarded to those just entering the workforce, but several top sales associates who had been with the company for 2+ years only received a raise because of increase in minimum wage.

Upper management is good and has a good vision, but could often times steam roll ideas and belittle decisions you make. The good thing is they would come with ideas that are positive and would help solve the issue. Any corporate visits, unless everything was perfect, even after a long day and having partial coverage, would tear you apart. And if they didn't say much, you would surly hear about it later.

Overall, the company is going in a good direction, but you will more than likely be more hands on and responsible for numbers than any other company you have been with before.
Great atmosphere with poor upermanagment
Store Manager (Current Employee), Boise, IDApril 29, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: lack of support at store level, expect to only have 1 day off a week all the time.
Great work environment, but they spend money on pool parties in Vegas before fixing unsafe stores all the while laying off employees. Lack of support on a store level.
A fun bussy place to work in, surounded by beautiful clothes
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hato Rey, PRApril 27, 2015
Pros: discounts on great clothes
Cons: no heath benefits
A typical day at work, was always a rush since it was a seasonal job (christmas time) you get to the store meet the staff, set the goal sales and then go to the floor to start meeting the clients. I learned a lot, how to treat the clients meet their needs and fullfill them and get to know their differents styles. My co-workers were always nice and when I needed help with something they were there for me. The hardest part of the job is when sometimes there are lazy days and people dont come to the store as much, the most enjoyable part of the job for me is when I help a customer and they like what clothes or accesories I helped them choose it brings me joy and happiness to know I made possible for them to leave the store happy and satisfied
I was Only Seasonal
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDApril 22, 2015
Pros: 50% off the entire store
Cons: Slow
I was only seasonal but while I was with PacSun, The job was kinda boring because we really didn't get to many customers, we would just sit arouond and converse with each other and wait for something to do.
I learned how to count many and a reasonably fast paste and giving exact change.
The most enjoyable part about the job was the dicounts we got at the end of our shift.
productive and fast pace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), modesto, caApril 21, 2015
Pros: working with friendly people
Cons: not very many hours
cashiering, shipment on Mondays and Wednesday, my co workers were amazingly friendly and I loved working with them. I cleaned the sales floor and did transfers. the hardest part was staying all night to finish floor sets.
Productive and enjoyable workplace environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), City of Sunrise, FLApril 21, 2015
Since Pacsun is in Sawgrass Mills Mall, everyday is a busy day. I have learned patience and responsibility. My managers are the best I could ask for, my coworkers as well. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers with whatever they need.
horrible. just horrible.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Flint, MIApril 20, 2015
the only thing truly amazing about pacsun is the ability to dress freely and express yourself with fashion, tattoos, piercings, and art via dress code. loved that. everything else was horrible. not commissioned but it has a tendency to make you feel that way. wouldn't recommend.
fast pace enviorment
Part Time Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Wellington, FLApril 17, 2015
If you aren't good at doing more than one thing at a time, PacSun is not your place to work. At any moment you will have customers, transfers, floor changes and a window update all at the same time.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TxApril 10, 2015
Start off your day learning the sales, then you begin to sell. Always fun to work there just have to be available at all times.
A workplace that has a Californian Vibe, which is competitive yet rewarding.
Senior Brand Representative (Current Employee), Beavercreek OhioApril 6, 2015
Pros: Discount, fashion
Cons: high turnover rates, low amount of hours
My position at Pacsun has taught me a lot. I am grateful for what I have achieved at this company, although it is time for me to move forward. A typical day of work would include me walking into the store, and being prepared to undertake an accelerating or under-preforming day of sales. Therefore as a manager it was essential to communicate with the other managers, and acquire a game plan to increase sales as much as possible. Customer sales are driven by sales associates who are knowledgeable of the store's products, and are hyped to share it with the consumers. I would teach associates the importance of customer experience, and show them how their work ethic reflects upon the company. The most challenging part of this position is surpassing the required sale goals with a low volume of traffic. It isn't always easy to generate high dollar sales with consumers not entering your store. That is why conversion is key when regarding to retail. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the crew. All of Pacsun associates are bright and love the Californian Lifestyle. It is nice to walk into a place where one can wear an outfit from the 90's and receive complements from your co-workers. It's a great place to network and a great learning experience for anyone interested in sales.
It was such a family feeling, with the best manner.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAApril 3, 2015
Cons: Getting hours
Typical day would be me walking in the store and the store manner cracking jokes. Great music always in the background, really the hardest part of working there would be dealing bad costumers.
Cool place to work
Retail Clerk (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMarch 31, 2015
It was ok place to work but I think we are very different people. I probably wasn't there type of fit. I loved the people that came in the store and the clothes they had.
Always neat and clean!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Grandville, MIMarch 21, 2015
A typical day here was a lot of cleaning and making sure that the store was neat. I was told I would get to work on the cash register more, and I wasn't given the chance. The management staff was very OCD about the way the store always looked.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Flint, MIMarch 18, 2015
I loved my coworkers and loved coming to work everyday. I loved working with clothes and being able to put outfits together for people both male and female. I also enjoyed talking to customers and just socializing.
Best job I've ever had!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 16, 2015
Pros: i obtained 50% off clothing
Cons: tri-county mall had sketchy customers come into the store
A typical day at work for me would be checking customers out at the cash register, getting shoe sizes for them, getting dressing rooms for customers, helping customers shop and picking out fashionable clothing, organizing the whole store, making sure all clothes were folded perfectly and making sure the customers were satisfied with my sales rep.
I learned a lot about fashion while working at Pacsun. It was my first job so I learned how to use a cash register and I learned to to affectively sell product to customers.
My co-workers were wonderful, we got along so well at work we would hang out together afterwards.
Fun place to work
Lead Sales Asscoiate (Former Employee), Eagn, MNMarch 16, 2015
Pros: clothing discount
Cons: no healthcare and no advancement opportunities
At PacSun, I was a sales associate, and basically what I did was greet people, say “Hi, how are you?”, “Can I help you with anything?”, “These are our sales,” and “If you need a fitting room, I’m here to help you.

It was really laid back. Everyone at PacSun is really chilled when they come to work. They’re not too uptight; everything doesn’t have to be perfect. It’s just a California thing for everything.

You come in, you punch in, and you talk to whoever is managing. Then, they assign you a position; you can either be fitting room, stocking, or you can just help people find clothes.

The hardest part of the job was not much room for advacement and when there was an opportunity for advancement there was allot of favoritism going on between managers and my peers.

The most enjoyable part was serving my Customers.
Seasonal position
Senior Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VirginiaMarch 13, 2015
Some days were long and work was light and others i was all over the place. It was one of my first experiences working. I helped transport merchandise back and forth and also went into the lots and gathered shopping carts.
Fun, Hip, a Generally Great place to work
store sales associate (Former Employee), California, Downtown SacramentoMarch 7, 2015
Pros: cool clothes, fun staff
Cons: slow days
Would work about 4-5 hours a night, would up sell items and clothing to customers, great work staff, with great personalities. Learned to cashier, work zone coverage on the floor, retail, selling the idea of the items to customers and how to make sales. Management was great, so were the coworkers, everyone was unique. The job could be challenging trying to get people interested in items, and offering suggestions to individual or groups for items they might like to buy and convincing them. The feeling of getting a sale through hard work and conviction, and my teammates.
fun chilled place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Rehoboth Beach, DEMarch 7, 2015
Pros: laid back
Cons: dont get many hours
I get to work put my things away then clock in, look to see what needs to be done. Then I will talk with a manager about the goals for today.

1 2 3 4 5

About PacSun

Pacific Sunwear of California (PacSun) knows that teens aspire to the "swag" of the board sports world. The company operates about 730 – Read more

PacSun Salaries