PacSun Employee Reviews

Pacs is a great company!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newington, NHFebruary 23, 2018
It was very heart breaking when I left Pacsun, so much so, that my coworkers dismantled manikins and packing taped then in my car and I ha to DRIVE HOME life that!! I did get pulled over and luckily the the cop have a sense of humor!
I'm happy I am out of retail, but overall I have no negative memories from this job. I love the good days, and I look back in the days that I would call negative and laugh that I thought unloading stock was hard work! haha
Pros
everthing!!!
Cons
It is a little sad that they have upped their prices, but I understand they have to keep up with their competitors.
Promises they never keep
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 22, 2018
Not a very food experience, lots of promises they never keep. Been lied to many many times. Hours they want you to work are so unrealistic, they want you to sell and focus on customer service but they give you task after task
Pros
Discount
Cons
Management, Hr, District manager
Fun place to work as a part timer
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 21, 2018
I loved pacsun but they lacked hours which is the main reason I stopped working there. I need a more secure and stable job and pacsun isn’t the place where you want to work and have to pay loads of bills
Pros
Discounts, relaxed workspace
Cons
Salary, lack of hours, minimum wage
Productive and Fun place
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 21, 2018
Productive and Fun place. Very good employees discounts and awesome holiday parties. Management is in transition all the time, driving change is very challenging, employees do not accept easy the change.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
Management is not aligned.
Zero work life balance
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 20, 2018
They do not take the time to train you correctly to be successful. The amount of work for the resources available is unrealistic. The turnover rate for the leadership team is very high and it is felt down at lower levels
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INFebruary 11, 2018
it was a very good place to work. i recomend that if you have a part time life you can spare pacsun is a good place to work. I knew the manager very well ans he / she will always be supportive to you in your roless you play at the job.
horrible place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYFebruary 11, 2018
this is a horrible place to work at. be prepared to slave and never be appreciated. cool clothes and discounts. The managers do not care about your well being.
Pros
discounts
Cons
Everything else
Amazing environment
Sales Associate / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAFebruary 11, 2018
The manager we had was unreal. He was on top of everything and directed us the right direction with task and how to receive more hrs. It was my first job.
It's Cool To Have
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSFebruary 11, 2018
Depending on your area, the vibe can change drastically, but that's a good thing. This is a California based store so the clothing reflects that. Current styles are always in and customers are usually fun to deal with.
Pros
Discounts on merchandise
Cons
Low salary, expensive clothing
Great people, fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAFebruary 11, 2018
Pacsun was a great place to work. I ultimately left after two months because it was a temporary job. Managers and coworkers were great people who I had a great experience with. At most retail jobs you don’t get too many hours but here they gave even less which sucked even though it was a great place to work. I never got more than 8 hours a week.
Pros
Awesome people, great work environment
Cons
Hardly any hours
Good beginner job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 10, 2018
Not impressed with pay, REALLY good discounts. Manager was nice but all employees at my location seemed very unprofessional. Good beginner job for high schoolers.
What you would expect from a mall based retail store
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAFebruary 8, 2018
Nice place, good environment, professional but welcoming. It was fun having a friend that worked there too so made the days go by faster and it was easier to be a cohesive team that got the work done and presentably. Fantastic customer service, above and beyond, helpful and knowledgeable.
Pros
Such a great environment
Cons
So bright! The mall is always so lit up, sometimes can be weird transitioning from inside to out.
Fast paced but still fun.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INFebruary 7, 2018
I didn't get many hours at this job but it was a fun place to work. The experience here was relaxed even though we had goals we had to meet by the end of the month.
Pros
Good and fun environment.
Cons
Not many hours.
Relaxed but yet indirectly competitive workplace.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaFebruary 6, 2018
Overall, working at Pacsun is really nice and relaxed. Calm and understanding management for the most part. Really nice discount. I love the culture of Pacsun. Friendly environment. However, there is much indirect competition which isn't necessarily needed because Pacsun associates do not run off of commission. I also would like to throw in there that I seem to come across a good amount of what I call "high school drama". There is disregarded gossiping about other associates making the general experience sometimes uncomfortable. Other than that, generally, it's a really good time.
Pros
Discount.
Cons
Low hours.
Fun High School job
Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 6, 2018
I worked at PacSun since I was 16 years old. I worked there for 3 years. My managers were always great and I learned so much. Once I moved away for college I stopped working there. If I would have gone to a college close to the company I would have eventually worked my way up the ladder.
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 5, 2018
A typical work day consist of greeting customers and helping them with whatever needs they have. I also cleaned dressing rooms fold clothing and restocked shelves.
Fun place to work
Senior TD (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 5, 2018
Upper Management at PacSun is poor on many levels.
Design and Buying dept are disconnected, when they s/be working closely together and agree on new development.
PacSun TD dept.needs management.
Pros
in house cafeteria, gym room, yoga classes, outdoor dining, and volley ball
Cons
boring menu in cafe
Chill place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Gaffney, SCFebruary 4, 2018
I started as an associate but got promoted to part time manager before I left. Never really had an issue with pac sun I’m aware gaffney pac sun just shut down. But truly a easy job a great people.
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Covina, CAFebruary 4, 2018
I would get to work , say hi to everyone , and then go to the back to put things in my lock. Then i would clock in and start greeting customers and do other things i needed to do as an employee.
Pros
fun job
Fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAFebruary 1, 2018
Was my first real customer service job, had a good time there, lots of good co-workers who know what they are doing and can provide information to make your job better. overall a decent place to work. Pay wasn't that great but didn't affect me at the time.