PacSun

PacSun Employee Reviews

Was not here long but overall fun and educational enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Corona, CAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Easy going
Cons: Hard to move up
a typical day would be customer service, recovery of the store and stocking the store. fun place to work, easy going and you earn alot
totally cool dude
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Clovis, NMJune 29, 2015
I took this job because the store manager was a client of mine at another store. We had a good connection and I needed more hours, so it worked out very nicely. Overall good experience there, the DM was more concerned about numbers than people which has always rubbed me the wrong way. Im not a pacsun fashionista, but the customers are dedicated and its relatively was to sell..
Loved my job here
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lake Jackson, TXJune 25, 2015
Pros: Store discount
Cons: Rude customers
I worked with great people, got to be around cute clothes all day. Loved my discount and had fun every day. The project were worked on occasionally to spruce up the appearance of the store was also really fun!
Retail Sales (Former Employee), West Covina, CaliforniaJune 24, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people
Cons: I wouldn't get breaks becuase I only worked part-time.
I learned that sometimes we make mistakes but we learn from them. That not everything is easy but we can try and make it simple and not stress about it. My co-workers were great. They will help me when I needed help. I got along well with them. I can say the hardest part of the job was doing sales when the store needed a certain amount of money in for the hour when there wasn't much customers coming in. But, somehow I managed to help my manage get in the money before the hour ends. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was doing shipment. I liked doing shipment before that was a fast once for me and that is what I enjoy. I enjoy moving fast and not stopping.
liked the people i worked with
cashier (Former Employee), Omaha NEJune 23, 2015
They were understanding about a lot of things. The store was very clean and always organized. Everybody was always very nice and polite.
Good Place to work
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), GreensburgJune 23, 2015
I have a nice work/life balance. I have a pretty flexible schedule. I am never required to go over 40 hrs/week. I can contribute my ideas easily.
fun enviroment
Store Manager.Completed weekly schedules according (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 23, 2015
was great until you were told that you had to do "team bonding" with other managers and that turned out to be bbqs and trips to Disneyland..... and on the companies time. when the store is running on min hours, and it's 1 part coverage, I DID NOT agree with that at all.
Very laid-back and enjoyable
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Boardman, OHJune 22, 2015
I love working here. I have freedom to do pretty much whatever. Super laid-back work environment. I only ask questions when I'm completely unsure of what i was asked to do. Everything is pretty simple.
High Stress Workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), bend oregonJune 18, 2015
Pros: Clothing Discounts
Cons: Lack of management, lack of work place rights
A typical day at work would be very productive, and busy. I would learn new sales pitches and customer service skills everyday. However, the reason I quit was because of the extreme lack of management. All managers were anything but professional, and would often times talk ill about all other employees and management on a daily basis.
Although, I did love working at PacSun because of the upbeat atmosphere and for furthering my education and skills in sales. It was too high stressed when you couldn't focus on your job because there was co-workers/management fighting or being extremely rude to customers and other workers on the sales floor.
Good management, slow work environment, not enough work hours available
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Vineland, NJJune 16, 2015
Pros: Discounts, friendly employees
Cons: Very few work hours, lack of customers
Pacsun is a popular and organized company overall. I've learned a lot about the company's objectives and goals. My fellow employees communicate well, and the work environment is professional. Due to the lack of traffic and sales, I only receive one day of work each week. Also, the shifts only range from three to five hours in length.
Pacsun and the Golden State of Mind
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 12, 2015
Pros: good benefits, affordable
Cons: work life balance is a challenge in the outlet world
Pacsun is a California based company that brings a lot of that west coast attitude to its 600 plus, locations through cool video training and weekly news letters. Its a dynamic work environment that allows you to work in several different aspects of the store in a given day. The expectations don't always meet head to head with the payroll guidelines which makes the position very challenging at times. Overall if your flexible and open minded you can learn a lot working for Pacsun!
Worked with teenager girls on building outfits
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Edison, NJJune 9, 2015
Worked with girls, building their outfits and adding on accessories. Management was always there and backed you up on anything. The hardest part of this job was probably listening to a customer complain then letting them know that you can't do anything about the situation.
fun
sales associate (Former Employee), carlsbad CAJune 1, 2015
Pros: nice co workers
Cons: hours
nice co workers. everyone was very welcoming and helpful when i had questions. its a fun easy first or second job when youre in high school.
Fun, relaxed, hands on job.
Part-time sales associate (Former Employee), Olympia, WAMay 31, 2015
Pros: discounts on clothing.
Cons: Not a lot of hours.
My typical day at work was not only talking to customers but making a connection with them through their personality. I learned a lot at Pacsun. I learned all the ropes from returns to cashier and even restocking/censoring new product. Management was great because my manager would connect with us as employees not only on a management level but a personal level as well. My now ex co-workers I still talk to till this very day since I was let go as a seasonal employee in August of 2014. We were all basically in the same age range. Hardest part of the job would be difficult/rude customers and the best part would be getting a huge sale. The most enjoyable part of my job was just being able to have a great time at work with zero drama.
Pacific Sunwear
Assistant Store Manager/ Visual Merchandising Lead (Former Employee), Riverside, CAMay 31, 2015
Cons: Upper Management
Day by day changed while working for Pacsun, each day was a new obstacle to achieve in a timely matter. Even though i was with Pacific sun wear for quite sometime there was something lacking in the last month or so while working for Pacsun unfortunately the lack of support from upper management in the past few months lacked severely.
my review
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), Auburn, WAMay 26, 2015
really fun and warm place to work with a lot of different type of cultures in the store witch i love working with different people widens your mind, great clothes and very on trend and instill
cool place to work, you meet a lot of new people a day and learn a lot.
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 25, 2015
Pros: employee clothe discount
Cons: no advancement within the company; they have "favorites"
not that great of a place to work. On your feet 24/7 and scheduling is kinda hectic at times. You have more call in shifts than regular schedule shifts. Also floor sets are a pain in the butt and can last until store closing to 3am. I just feel like you dont get paid enough for what you do for the company.
Okay place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chesterfield, MOMay 20, 2015
As a customer who keeps returning to this store, working here was like a dream. However, the hours given was basically little to none because there were so many workers. Besides that, the environment was really nice and fun and energetic.
Engaging workplace with a fun atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kittery, MEMay 20, 2015
Pros: Discount on clothing, Ability to wear fashionable clothing
Cons: Unstable and fluctuating schedule
At PacSun, my position entailed various skills involving clothing, such as folding clothes, arranging table displays, offering advice to customers based on their needs. At this location, I learned how to operate a cash register. I also was trained in the latest trends and fashions. The management was sub par when it came to scheduling. The schedule was never planned correctly and often changed day by day which hindered my ability to be punctual and be present at my scheduled shifts as the schedule was different from what I knew to be the schedule for that week. My coworkers were very pleasant and we got along very well, which lead to increased productivity due to the fun banter shared between associates. The hardest part of the job was the language barrier between myself and the French Canadian tourists. I do not speak French, thus it was difficult for me to properly communicate. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fun atmosphere due to my coworkers. Another enjoyable part was getting to interact with customers that were as passionate about trends and fashions as I am.
Productive but stressful
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Altoona PAMay 12, 2015
Pros: Lots of down time.
Cons: Short breaks, no work benefits.
The store manager is not easy to work with and causes many employees to feel uncomfortable, which then stops them from being themselves and truly doing a good job. People should not be afraid of their bosses, they should respect them and get along with them.

1 2 3 4 5

About PacSun

Pacific Sunwear of California (PacSun) knows that teens aspire to the "swag" of the board sports world. The¬†company operates about¬†730 – Read more

PacSun Salaries