PacSun Employee Reviews

Management decisions make life easier
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Peabody, MAMarch 28, 2017
People have the idea this company is just a place to chill and have fun without actually having to do any work, so there's where management decisions on who to hire and how to handle certain situations come to play a huge, important role. Unfortunately, sometimes there's a disconnection between corporate and store management that leads to certain stores to not work properly.
Pros
Good time, sense of family, some rewards for high performance teams.
Cons
Too much to take care of for too little money, constant bad corporate decisions that affect the stores.
fun work enviorment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJMarch 24, 2017
Open the store .File the paperwork. help customers. process shipment. help with scheduling. Delegate tasks to part timers
Nightly checklist . Cleaning the store
Pros
hour breaks
Cons
short staffed
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNMarch 24, 2017
For retail, this isn't a bad job. At the time I worked there, they got a steady flow of customers. It's located in a nice mall in the area. It was good for me as I needed a summer job and they worked with my schedule.
repetitive work " looking busy without being productive"
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 23, 2017
I think the company needs to be updated on new management style and be aware of who they're hiring. I felt like they expected many thing from their employee without giving them a good training. They have high expectations but also lack professional training.
Cons
working over time
cool place
Sales Associate l (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHMarch 22, 2017
loved working here! had fun and learned a lot of things dealing with retail. i even got to go to he beach to promote one our sales. great work place great staff
Productive and fun
Black Friday Temp (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAMarch 15, 2017
It was a good job. I just did it for the experience and it was fun working there. I was working on the floor. Basically, I organized the clothes when they are messy and to make it presentable for other customers
Manager
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CA 94551March 14, 2017
Theres always something to do. As a manager I learned that you have to make sure you hire the correct staff. When I first started the job we were very low on staff and it was very challenging creating schedules
Great after school job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wht Settlemt, TXMarch 10, 2017
Fun, great experience for anyone. Mainly as a part time job, it's fairly easy. Great job for someone who is barley starting to work. The environment in general is great. It's mainly having good customer service.
chill
Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CA 93940March 9, 2017
very cool environment with a lot of customers from different countries due to the fact it was in Monterrey. i enjoyed the employees there and had a lot of fun due to the surrounding areas.
Awesome people. School part time job
Sales Stock (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 9, 2017
I loved the atmosphere. This job was good with relaxed, comfortable selling. One of the first jobs I have had. School was and is a priority. I am a graphic design major.
Fun, teen job
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTMarch 8, 2017
Pacsun is a good first job or a good job while you're still in school, good discounts, horrible hours, pay wasn't great and no opportunities for advancement
Pros
nice co workers, good discounts
Cons
not enough hours, minimum wage
Great first job, fun environment to be a part of and team-oriented.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 6, 2017
I loved working here! This was my first job and I enjoyed seeing and talking to people everyday. I especially loved the teamwork between the employees. Everyone was so dedicated to helping out the customers and keeping the work floor clean so that the customers could have a nice, clutter-free area to shop.
Pros
Team oriented, exciting, focused on helping the customers in a pinch.
Cons
Not many hours scheduled to work.
fun place
Sales Associate & Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRMarch 6, 2017
4 years working with the same salary and position. Meet required sales goals to have more hours. I learned to deal with different type of bosses and clients. It is a lot of pressure.
Pros
sometimes is fun
Cons
few hours
Packaging clothes
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 6, 2017
Working with different types of things like clothes shoes and know how read the numbers and the scanner machine and work on the ordering papers its very good place to work
Fun Working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMarch 6, 2017
A great place to work while in school or starting a new career in business if fashion and merchandising. A great start of your own business shows you how to run a company.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAMarch 5, 2017
great and chill environment
gain a lot of job experience
management was great and understanding
customers were very nice at times
Not Worth It
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 28, 2017
This used to be a good company. Store Managers are overworked. Company requires you to spend hours on visuals, building unnessary fixtures that will last two months for the season. There are more operational tasks than time to sell on the floor. Hours are super tight, so you hardly get coverage with tasking, let alone time to take a break. Company doesn't give their sales kids raises - they say, they're easily replaceable.
Pros
Employee Discoun
Cons
No motivation to work. No recognition.
Feels laid back and easy
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hobart, INFebruary 28, 2017
Very enjoyable place to work. Customers never a problem to help. Management are very easy to work with and dont breathe down your neck. Co workers are the best
Fun place to work!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Silverthorne, COFebruary 25, 2017
I had a lot of fun working here, helping people match outfits together. I was able to learn a lot about management and the operations behind the numbers, not just the customer service side of it all. Also got to keep up with trends and look cute- ALL the time :)
A Great Retailer
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 23, 2017
Would be a great place to start out if you're just getting into retail for the first time. A typical day is fast paced with plenty to do and lots of customer interaction. Within a management capacity, you learn time management, the skills needed to properly staff your store and then develop them and the importance of communication.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PacSun. Our community is ready to answer.