Pact

Pact Employer Reviews

Empowering
Mental Health Support Worker (Former Employee), Dunedin, SApril 8, 2014
Busy but rewarding days. Challenging.
A lot of fun times but also sad.
Diverse group of work colleagues but great teams
Shiftwork and variety of locations
Enjoyable and enlightening
Volunteer (Former Employee), London, ENGNovember 20, 2013
Pros: 3months support too shorter time.
Cons: giving support tpo those in need
This is not a full time voluntary work. I spent at least 20 hours per month over a 3 month period working with exoffenders, during their first 3months of rehabilitation, giving support and welfare advice. they are sometimes without a home or little money and have no understnading of the benefit system. Being responsible for others can at times be very – more... burdensome, My co-workers and I work well together to support our client in whatever areas there may be a need. Not being able to provide sufficient support. When trust has been built between all parties einvolved. – less
Client Focused,
Caring for clients (Former Employee), DunedinFebruary 10, 2013
Pros: the flexible hours, doing the sleep overs
Cons: not able to do more hours
Due to the position I held I was employed to be a fill in for 5 homes with varying needs and requirements, I had to be flexible which suited me due to my University studies. My days where busy and full with clients needs to be met for their daily activites and outings.

I learnt to communicate with clients that could not talk in your usual way so I – more... had to learn a new way to communicate and understand another person/s way of communicating.

My colleages where passionate about there work and their expectations were high, where by they encouraged me to keep stepping up. Management where supportive and encouraged me to step into a managerial position but due to outside circumstances the vacancy was filled internally.

I found the lifting of clients a challenge in one of our most challenging homes with clients of high needs, especially when all staff where busy dealing with other clients and not able to help at the immediate time which were challenging at times.

I really enjoyed working with clients who were more able where I was able to take on outings, bike rides and do one on ones plan achievements. – less