Pactiv Employee Reviews

Not enough people
Warehouse Assistant Lead (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCMarch 4, 2016
We are short staffed and have been that way for over a year. I have learned a lot about the warehouse and the management systems they used to run it. The hardest part of my job is getting enough people to cover a shift.
Pros
Great work schedule
Cons
Low pay dont get raises when we are supposed to
Pay raise and advancement,
SUPPLY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJanuary 31, 2016
virtually no pay raise, no sick time, no body understood the way vacation was set, up, production closed the last 2 weeks in December, management didn't seem to have any knowledge of what's going on.
Pros
i was on salary
Cons
no sick time, could not carry vacation time over or lose it all together
Productive. Fun to work with lots of advancement
Operator Associate (Current Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYJanuary 21, 2016
Co-workers are helpful and cheering. Its a best place to work because of better advancement and benefits.I would command my friends to work here.
Great place
Operator A/Lift truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 25, 2016
Awesome Work Place Safe Environment. Hard work Really Does pay off. Packing industry ,It gets really hot in there,I maintained a safe environment, the hardest pard is keeping a fast paste but you catch on and find your rhythm.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Short Breaks
Fun place Packing
Material Handler,PAcker (Former Employee) –  Bridgeview, ILJanuary 22, 2016
Being here at pactiv is very fun I like to pack cups and load them thats one of the easiest job I can do its a fast pace job most young kids would love to do a job like this
Pros
Good Company
Cons
Great benefits
Overall fun work enviornment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCJune 27, 2016
The company was not a bad warehouse to work in, they rewarded workers with zero accidents with gift cards and raised them monthly with no accidents/decreased them with accidents.

The team leaders/supervisor's where fair and showed little favortisim to certain people. The benefit packages where fair and there was always enjoyable moments.

The only downfall was having to work every weekend, either on a Saturday/Sunday, like a split weekend.
Pros
Working every weekend, hot enviornment poor communication
Cons
Allowed 2 15 minute breaks and 30 minutes break
Slave labor low pay unaffordable insurance.
Packer (Former Employee) –  columbus ohioJuly 27, 2016
For the $15/hr you have to run two machines at once. That's $7.50/hr per machine. Not even minimum wage. You have to make boxes, labels, pack fill out paperwork every 15 minutes for quality inspections. Keep the junk equipment from jamming which is a constant problem. Junk always jams. They try to work you to death and that's hy they always have a help wanted sign out front 24/7. You could get a couple checks while training but just leave after that. You will hate it here. 100% turnover.
Pros
nothing
Cons
im gone
Work
Lift Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 28, 2016
Working at Pactiv consisted on a daily before shift meeting to let all employees know daily goals and tasks that needed to be done. Upon arriving on the floor the work was fast paced. There had been times when we had driver waiting for their trailers to be filled and product needed to be removed from production line. Despite the fast paced work everyone worked in a safe manner always honking their horn when approaching intersections stopping at stop signs, and traveling at safe speeds.
Contract labor
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TexasAugust 2, 2016
I was hired as a contract recruiter. I worked at Pactiv for 3 months shy of 3 years. I enjoyed every aspect of Pactiv and I was treated as a full time employee until they no longer needed me. I was hoping that they could find me a full time spot on the pactiv team before my time was up, but it never happened. An opening came available and it was given to someone else on the outside... Somethings dont always turn out the way that you have hoped..
Pros
Freedom to do my job was great.
Cons
Not being full time.
Professional and a quiet workplace
Administrator/Clerk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILJune 7, 2016
A typical day at work would be quiet and not so busy.
I learned about the responsibilities and office duties of a clerk assistant.
The management was well organized.
My co-workers were such amazing and helpful people I've worked with.
There weren't any hard part of the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job was having the opportunity to work in an office for the first time and experience new things.
Pros
great experience, amazing co workers, flexible breaks
Cons
N/A

Want to know more about Pactiv?

Ask a question
Productive but physically stressful
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, NCJune 9, 2016
A day at Pactiv productive yet challenging at the same time. If one person slacks it effects the whole team. although the benefits are great, one would have to ask is it worth the stress and toll it takes on the body. Pactiv does have some pros sharpening your time management skills, and teamwork skills, and all-around warehouse skills
Pros
good benefits, ok pay
Cons
long hours 12hr shifts, hard physical work, no life balance
Not the job for me
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  N/AAugust 17, 2016
The job I was doing was machine operator and it was a good job just difficult. The main reason I left Pactiv is because I was having to work rotating shifts 12 hours a day and twice a month I would be working 12 hours a day for six days. I eventually got worn out and bored of the job, which in return made me give up on the position and leave the company.
good place to work. friedly people and good pay
stacker/forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCJune 23, 2016
Pactiv was a good place to work. I learned a lot about how the product was made and how to put the print on the cups. fast paced, hot, but not hard work, Management was there if you needed them for anything. Everyone works well together and makes the day go by. the hardest part of the job was the heat.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
alot of overturn in people.
productive
Packer (Current Employee) –  Mount Carmel, PAAugust 21, 2015
My typical day at Pactiv is inspecting the product for any defects, bagging, boxing then labeling the product. Worked great with my co workers. The hardest part is standing on my feet for 12 hour days. Most enjoyable part of the job was we all worked as a team.
Pros
The employees that worked with me
Cons
healthcare, raises
Laid back work environment. Management always made sure they checked on you to make sure you were ok with the work.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 21, 2016
Great job i learn time management. I also learn how to work the machines which gives me experience for the future. At first the job was challenging but the staff helped me understand my role with the company very fast
Heavy labor, long hours, friendly management
Packer Associate (Former Employee) –  Bridgeview, ILAugust 5, 2016
Long shifts (12hrs paid for 11.5), but you are given 3 15/20 and a 30 min lunch min breaks throughout the shift.
Repetitive job duties but not complicated or too strenuous.
Management is friendly, helpful, and appreciative.
Pros
Opportunity to grow, off work half the year.
Cons
long hours, hot environment
Productive not fun co-workers are nice.
Packer (Current Employee) –  Corsicana, TXMay 25, 2016
Typical day at work would just include packing cups into boxes. I learned how paper cups are made. As for management I don't think they are about the employee's they say they are but really its all about the productivity. I get along really well with my co-workers, the hardest part of the job I think would be the 12 hour shift. The thing I like most about working there is training the new hires the right way.
Productive and fun working place!
EHS / Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MAAugust 29, 2016
I have truly enjoyed my time at Pactiv. I have had an opportunity to work with a great management team. They were all so very supportive and willing to help at any given time. There was a open door policy always and I felt so very comfortable. I was able to learn a lot and develop too.
Manufacturing, foam plates
C Operator, Senior Specialist, LTO 1. (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 15, 2016
I like this kind of environmental. Lately it has been overwhelming with management. Place has not been able to keep new employees stable. Need better pay.
Pros
Stable 37.5 hrs a week.
Cons
So much new people and not well trained to be able to keep running machines propely.
great pay, intense workplace
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXAugust 13, 2016
I learned how to operate on machinery, and how to meet different quotas in a short amount of time. I definitely proved myself and showed my employer how hard of a worker I am , in any type of harsh work environment.
Pros
breaks, and benefits
Cons
hot work temperatures