Pactiv Employer Reviews

12 hour shifts 3-2-3- schedule
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Frankfort, ILAugust 9, 2014
Pros: 3-2-3- work weeks
Cons: everything else
job didnt want nothing fixed, just wanted machines to run, treated employees bad, was bought out and laid off 3/4 of employees
Excellent work environment. Long tenure for 75% of workforce.
Inventory clerk (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CAAugust 4, 2014
Pros: very little to no overtime
Cons: very little to no overtime
Excellent work environment.
Very good training methods in warehousing and logistics.
Hardest part of the job is the wether factor in the warehouse. When it's hot is hot and when it's cold it's cold.
Good team oriented work place
hardworking environment
Packer/Picker (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 30, 2014
have to stay motivated and work very hard and at a fast paced because its very hot and u stand on your feet for a long period of time
Great place to work. Good pay and Good Benifiets
Janitor/Maintenance (Former Employee), Malvern, ARJuly 29, 2014
Pros: pactiv has a safety program that rewards for accident free months.
Cons: the breaks are only 20 minutes long.
My typical day working at Pactiv was like having 100 children to take care of all at the same time. I met lots of friends while employed at Pactiv, That I am going to miss. I learned the regulations for working in a food manufacturing environment. The hardest part of the job was getting used to the fact that my work was never finished, by the time I – more... got to the end of the list it was time to start back at the beginning. The most enjoyable part of my job, at Pactiv, was the fact that it was never boring and every day was a new animal. – less
fun and fast place to work
Packer (Current Employee), Whittier, CAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: no second breaks
its a fun and fast place to work all the workers are nice and friendly the hardest part is to pack the amount of plastic before it gets away from you and on the floor I enjoy work because you get to learn how to pack from small items to large items
Ok place to work
MACHINE OPERATOR (Current Employee), Covington, GAJune 26, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: limited advancement opportunities
Pactiv has very limited opportunities for you to advance. I've learned how to operate several different lines which make different products. I have made several acquaintances while working for this company. The benefits are excellent.
fun place to work if you can stand and work for hours.
Packer/Line operator (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJune 25, 2014
constat work. dealing with automated machines. co-workers were there to help when i needed it and showed me better and faster ways to do the job. trying to keep the line and product running smoothly had to be the hardest parts of the day. other than that the day was long but easy. i enjoyed coming to work knowing that i was wanted and needed so i had – more... hours to look forward to. – less
Laborer (Former Employee), Canandaigua, NYJune 17, 2014
Pros: teaches good work ethics
Cons: temp and they cut hours
I was a temp to hire. Never worked in a factory before. This job helped me realize my true potential. I was one to question myself. When I was trained on how to do something I did it and to the best of my ability. As the largest guy in the building I did good work. Yeah I went home sore sometimes but that means you worked.
Line Operator/Maintenance (Former Employee), Jacksonville, ILJune 10, 2014
was a good place to work if you like overtime. also gave chance to advance
Great Company to work for
Material Flow Coordinator (Former Employee), Mineral Wells, WVJune 3, 2014
A typical day at work was usually receiving inbound and outbound deliveries, daily inventory on certain materials and updating current inventories. Working closely with my production scheduler to ensure we had the materials needed to keep the plant running, reordering raw materials if needed, and attending daily meetings to keep the rest of the areas – more... aware of what was going on in my department. – less
Largest Packaging Manufacturer
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lake Forest, ILJune 2, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: hours can be long
Hard workers everywhere. Pactiv prides itself on being able to pick up the ball and run with it. Co-workers are like family. I enjoy being part of a team and working with managers that really care. A typical day is working with customer to resolve issues and process order.
Equal Opportunity Employer with Great Benefits
INDUSTRIAL MAINTENANCE MECHANIC (Former Employee), Macon, GAMay 17, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: stressful at times
I learned a lot about molded fiber and gained a lot of experience in industrial maintenance. Management is okay. I liked working with everyone. The hardest part is the time away from family. The most enjoyable part is the end of the day when I go home to my family.
This was a fun place to work with a great group of people.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Temple, TXMay 17, 2014
Pros: all kinds of gifts and parties with great benefits
Cons: we had to work shift work.
I only worked here a year, but enjoyed myself immensely. Some of the other electricians were very funny. The saddest part of the job was leaving when I was asked to work for another manufacturing company at one and a half times the pay.
Productive, Fun, and Competitive Workplace
LTO (Current Employee), Covington, GAMay 13, 2014
Pros: i love my coworkers...
Cons: terrible benefits, nodvancement opportunities, underpaid
When entering the building, you receive an assignment...PORTS, INBOUND, or OUTBOUND. If you receive the assignments of INBOUND or OUTBOUND, you will receive a bill. Complete the task which pertains to the bill you receive and the process starts all over again...We break a total of 4 times in a 12 hour period.
productive in quantity
Maintenance Technician operator (Former Employee), Joliet, ILMay 9, 2014
Pros: learning more how i can use my skills more
Cons: n/a
maintained quality of cups and machinery
learn how use my mechanical skills to its fullest
semi-support for management, as team we where able to handle issues that presented itself
co-workers great to work with when support was needed
the hardest part of the job was support
enjoyed working everyday and learning about new changes that i can use later – more... in my career – less
Packer (Former Employee), Wheeling, ILMay 8, 2014
Pros: i was accepted and i did well
Cons: not able to return and no letter of recomendation
A fun place to work if you do not mind packing a box and getting orders made and shipments to be sent to a vender. I liked the job the only thing was the co workers did not mind there own business and I was terminated.. They said I would still get recomendation and they lied.
The hardest part of the job was preparing your self for 12 hours of constant work and high demand
Packer (Former Employee), Frankfort, ILMay 7, 2014
I believe you learn how to be a better worker during this job no matter which way you look at it
horrible place to work.
Operator c (Former Employee), Temple, TXApril 28, 2014
Pros: a job
Cons: management. hours. pay. stress.
I was an operator c had to run two to three lines. The work wasn't hard it is the management that will do you in. They are lazy and have hidden agendas. It didn't matter how hard you work it was never good enough. This company is not a family friendly place. They demand you work at the last minute or risk getting fired and have no care that you have – more... children at home. I would never recommend this place to anyone there is a reason the turnover rate is high. – less
Concrete Floors, Loud Machinery, Down to Earth People
Machine Operator B (Former Employee), Canandaigua, NYApril 17, 2014
Pros: 40 hours a week with healthcare and retirement savings options, a living wage
Cons: occasional mandatory overtime, loud working environment, a negative attitude can be very frustrating
A typical day at work starts when you clock in and go to the board that has all the production lines on it to find out which line you are working on that particular day. You then go to the line and discuss with the shift before you, the state of the line that day.
Afterwards you take over the responsibilities of the line and relieve the previous shift – more... and pack styrofoam for 8 hours. You will have to change product type or go to the back of the line to throw on a roll of styrofoam, from time to time or troubleshoot problems with the line. Generally the designated Operator is in charge of this unless it is a problem that requires an Operator Mechanic's expertise.

You will be expected to keep the line running as much and as long as possible until the next shift comes in and relieves you. You will have 3 breaks (2 twenty minute breaks and a 30 minute unpaid lunch break). – less
fun workplace
Machine operator (Former Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CAApril 16, 2014
i was the machine operator to make plastic cases to hold cakes,strawberries etc

1 2 3 4 5

About Pactiv

At Pactiv, continuous innovation has secured our place as the world’s largest manufacturer and distributor of food packaging – Read more

Pactiv Photos