Pactiv Employee Reviews

productive
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXAugust 19, 2017
BUSY. The work is demanding but its work none the less. the highest issue I had is the work environment, summer heat only made conditions worse. The long time employees have mentioned that working for pactiv was there last choice and stuck there because they have no choice when it to comes to family. Not an advocate for the company. just how I can describe it.
12 hour shifts and working around dust and fumes can make employees sick. Lack of advancement. poor management. You are on the move from start to finish. I had very lack of training.there was nothing enjoyable about it.the job is not for everyone. fast paced. even though safety was a concern you can still get hurt. I was a temp worker didnt see myself get hired on.
Pros
nice coworkers, 45min. lunch breaks
Cons
heat
A workplace for people with low options
Packer (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 14, 2017
The work is demanding but itswork nun the less. The highest issue i have had is the work environment, and the summer heat only made the conditions worse. The long time employees have a number of times have metionef that working for pactiv is there last choice and a stuck there because they don't have much choice.
Pros
Nice co-workers, and good pay for temp service
Cons
Work environment and physical demand.
High temperature, very hot working environment with hard and no ergonomics to help employees.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Moorhead, MNAugust 14, 2017
12 hours shift, long enough shift poor management and environment for employees to work with, dust and fumes, making employees sick.

I am not advocate for employees, but that is how I can describe the company.
Pros
No free lunch or any thing else
Cons
Yes short breaks
Pactiv is discriminating
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXAugust 14, 2017
Pactiv was alright to work for until my 90 day probation period ended and it was time to hire me, management keeps delaying my advancement in the company, and has discriminated against all the hard work I have put into my time with the company. Management has no respect for the people who go in everyday and work hard, but promote those who slack off and try to mess up the person who is doing the right thing.
Pros
Wages and Hours
Cons
Poor Management, Lack of advacement, Lack of respect.
Fun, but lacking in training, too much guess work on the maintenance side of the house
Line Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXAugust 13, 2017
Never worked on these types of equipment before. finally figured it out thermoforming and nip rollers, but the job could have been a lot easier with the proper guidance or maybe a good manual to start with.
Pros
good pay
Cons
lack of training in the maintenance section
Great Staff
Full Time Off Bearer (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 10, 2017
You come here your going to have to hustle, if not you won't make it. The guys here as long as see trying will help you out if not they will let you sink.
Pros
Staff is helpful
Cons
On the move from start to finish
Productive enivorment
Commercial Credit-Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILAugust 10, 2017
Company provides opportunity to grow your career. The culture is pleasant and enjoyable. You work hard but it has it rewards an bonus which I have received 4 out of 4 years.
Pros
Cafeteria and gym
Cons
Insufficent staff
product
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Moorhead, MNAugust 9, 2017
I am happy person hard worker and love I love my job always, every honest finishing my on time, i do assembly line I learned every, I have confidential what doing.
Decent place to work
Operator Specialist (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXAugust 8, 2017
If you like fast paced and challenging environments this is a good fit for you. It is physical labor and long 12 hr shifts. This job is not for everyone. Even though safety is always a major concern you can still get hurt if you're not paying attention. Hardest part of the job would be finding a rhythm when packing the various products. No two lines run the same and there is a lot you have to pay attention to. Multitasking is a must. If you want to be trained for a higher position you often have to fight for it. People are supposed to be willing to teach new skills.
Pros
Good benefits, caring management
Cons
Long hours, fight for training.
A good place to work.
Packer / Operator Associate/Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Covington, GAAugust 8, 2017
Pactiv has decent pay, safe work environment, and helpful staff. They make quality products for the customers, and help employers whenever needed. Overall a good environment to work in.
Pros
Good pay, safe environment, and helpful managers.
Very hot
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 8, 2017
Its a very hot building and no ventilation its not a very clean for food product. The pay should be more for this job don't like they do not give over time and need more safety coordinators for heat stress in the building.
Plant Maintenance and hiring has been poorly managed for years
Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCAugust 6, 2017
Plant has gone through multiple management changes and basic programs have been ignored resulting in a poor skill level and Preventative Maintenance program.
they over work us.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, IL 60446August 2, 2017
my typical day was always stressful and overwhelm because of long shift for a times five days in the row and you have to work every other weekends so not idle at all.
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
short breaks and healthcare
Love working fast
packer (Former Employee) –  Beach island scJuly 31, 2017
I love working at packer because it's a fast past and a good workout. I like to work on line with others and working twelve hours. The pay is good and it's excitement everyday.
Pros
Free lun hes
Cons
Short breaks
Hot work environment high turnover rate
Operator (Former Employee) –  Mineral Wells, WVJuly 19, 2017
This is the worst place to work. It's hot, management is horrible. They don't care about their employees. No room for advancement. Supervisors do whatever they want including harassment, threatened you, people have gotten hurt and they covered it up so the plant could look safe. harassment from supervisors. They will fire you then make up whatever so you can't get unemployment. If you ever worked there you would never eat anything that comes out of their containers. Honestly the place needs shut down, it's unsafe, dirty and the employees are treated horrible. They always know when they have inspections so they make the plant look passable but as soon as they leave it goes right back to a dirty plant that makes food containers!! They constantly have to hire people because the place is unbearable. Now they are even hiring people back that worked there before because they are running out of new people! But don't take it from me go work there and see the sideshow going on in mineral Wells Pactiv plant.
Hard work place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 17, 2017
My experience at pactiv wasn't so great. The workplace was very hot and humid, coworkers weren't so friendly, everyone hated their job. As a starters job it's okay as far as learning how to work in bad work conditions, it makes other jobs seem easy.
Manufacturing company that develops tech leaders
Unit Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Malvern, ARJuly 17, 2017
Pactiv manufactures food packaging and has a history of developing its technical leadership from within. I started straight out of college and had great mentors in the Malvern factory and other locations. Large manufacturing company with many locations that allow for career advancement if you are willing to move to small towns across the country.
Pros
good training, good plant level leadership
Cons
small town locations
Great Working Environment!
Packer (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJuly 16, 2017
I loved working here, it was a wonderful experience, great working environment, I felt like I could really excel and grow with the company, I was promoted twice.
Pros
Great working environment.
Cons
none.
Good if you don't mind dangerous conditions,
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJuly 13, 2017
The pay is decent, the work isn't too heavy but the hours are terrible and the conditions can be very dangerous. You will find it difficult to get a promotion but they will keep employees for years and years if you're willing.
just like any job depends on who you are and who you know as to how your treated
Operator (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYJuly 13, 2017
Not bad job but some supervisors let a lot of things go depending on who you are and who you know. I enjoyed the work but they let people stay that can't do the job and let others go for minimal reasons.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pactiv. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval