Pactiv

Pactiv United States Employee Reviews

overworked
Production Assistant (Former Employee), Mineral Wells, WVApril 12, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: sweat shop
At the mineral wells plant the job was fine but the one on south Meadville road in Davisville was picking up fallen avalanched boxes. Many people shucked off their work and found places to hide and left the work for everyone else. The conditions were extremely hot to a soaking wet shirt and the water was being flushed with chlorine and they weren't filtering it. This caused me to be sleepier than normal after work. We had to hydrate a lot and drink the water which was a vicious cycle. The boxes were heavy and the job was awkward.
strict, productive, and noisy
Packer (Former Employee), frank fort, ILApril 9, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: tons of standing
highly productive, some team dependent work but more isolated work very noisy but extremely cautious and strict on safety
Productive and fast-paced
Operator B (Current Employee), Frankfort, ILApril 8, 2015
Pros: Pay, Benefits
Cons: Short breaks, Hot environment with no air, No room for advancement, Lazy co-workers
I started as a temp packing on different lines and have moved up to a operator B which is still packing lines!! Theres not much room for advancement unless you're favored but hard work gets you taken advantage of not acknowledged and rewarded.
Poor Management
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Romeoville, ILMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, Plenty of Over time from March - November.
Cons: Poor Management! they rather outsource.
Lots of Over time for the those who have no Family or Don't want to spend time with family due to the long 12 hr rotating shifts. Good Benefits Poor Management. Could not get in contact with my HR most of the time. Little chance to move up. They say they hire from within but really Like OUTSOURCE.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Romeoville, ILMarch 24, 2015
Cons: 12 hour shifts
Productive environment filled with great employees. The hours make it difficult to schedule events/activities outside of work.
Too big to be efficient
Planner (Current Employee), Huntersville, NCMarch 14, 2015
Pros: dominates the market.
Cons: very watseful with supplies and human resources
The facility that I work in, complacent. Politics trumps reality. The possibility to be a great company is still in reach.
Productive and fun place to work.
machine operator (Former Employee), Franklen Park, ilMarch 12, 2015
Pros: almost every one there tries to cheer you up on bad days. we all have them.
Cons: sometimes it's hard to get to know people there at the start.
Your co-workers inspire a fun yet productive work space. the management team will work with you with if you need any help.
fast paced friendly people bad managment
machine operator (Former Employee), mineral wells wvMarch 4, 2015
Pros: frendly workers plenty to do to keep you busy
Cons: short breaks, bad management, 12 hr shifts
i liked the job didn't like management to well they were more concerned about the money in their pockets then about the employees. i wouldn't work for them again.
my co workers
Operator Associate (Current Employee), Frankfort, ILFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: hours to long
what I like about my job is the people they are outgoing people whom deserve more than they receive and they 're like a big family
challenging
shift adjuster (Former Employee), Plattsburgh, NYFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: good pay, good benefits, fast advancement
Cons: 7 day rotating shifts.
I enjoyed the challenge that I would face everyday with the running of my machines and department. There was always something different to come into, and a new issue to solve everyday.
Its an Awesome place to work with great benefits
Senior Operations Mechanic (Current Employee), Corsicana, TXFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: they offer great benefits and are very people oriented
Cons: there are limited areas for advancement
The job is very fast paced with lots of challenges that push you to excel in every facet of the job. The Company and managers are very open minded and care for their employees.
Pactiv
Customer Account Manager (Current Employee), Lake Forest, ILFebruary 8, 2015
Being a Customer Account Representative for Pactiv allowed me to utilize my customer service skills and experience in a fast paced environment and an ever changing field. This company and position opened doors to new experiences regarding supply chain and account management. The company has many resources for one to advance within the company as well as online classes to sharpen skills in specific areas of the business. Training is taken seriously and once is encouraged to ask many questions. The supervisors in the department are open to opinions in order to improve operations.

A typical day for Account Representatives would be to run reports for respective plants and warehouses within the company. These reports will show what products are being made, sold, and not arriving to our customers. Our case fill for our customers is tracked and they are given a best date if we were unable to fully fill their orders. We responded to outside calls from existing and would be customers as well as be an extension of the sales force. Most customer account representatives process 350-400 orders a month depending on their experience level. We also assisted sales in securing new business by processing sample cases of product to be sent as well as existing customers by processing special rush orders.
Grat family of workers, ver organized
Machine Operater (Former Employee), Frankfort, ILFebruary 4, 2015
Very organized work ethics, taught me quality control , & documentation. Taught me how to work at various fast paces. Co workers were very kind and helpful.
A loud, productive factory,
Packer (Former Employee), Temple, TXFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: fast paced work, interesting people.
Cons: polystyrene cuts your hands.
The factory was challenging, and fun because of that. Beating the machine was everything. However, painful to my hands. Polystyrene plastic can produce a type of paper cut you won't soon forget! The people were very interesting. They seem to come for all backgrounds. Learning to communicate in a loud and potentially dangerous environment is very important. When the machine had a problem and we all had to figure it out, the team work was awesome. But that may mean dealing with extremely hot temperatures.
good group work and nice management
Packaging worker (Former Employee), Willing Road, ILJanuary 24, 2015
It was my first job and I always remember that because its very perfectly settled management and easy to work there.
very good
Packer/Inspector (Former Employee), Wheeling, ILJanuary 20, 2015
in summer hot environment, fast work,12 hours standing work, management good, co-worker good.
good place to work at
Lead-Operator/Natural Team leader (Former Employee), Winchester, VAJanuary 17, 2015
loved the schedule
work at a steady pace
great co-workers
very hot in the summer time
ran lines
troubleshoot machinery
train new hires
worked for different customers
scheduled equipment
scheduled personnel to lines
Decent supervisors and managers
Great company to work for
Human Resources Administrator/Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee), Commerce, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: learning experiences, ability to move up
Started out as an office clerk and worked my way up to HR Administrator. I was later given payroll coordinator duties. Pactiv helped me move forward and learn new things.
Everchanging-Challenging
Logistics Coordinator II (Former Employee), Frankfort, ILJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: great team members
Cons: slowly saw the perks go away
Enjoyed my 38+ years with PACTIV and the team support. I have learned so much and have so many skills because of this experience.
Team Work
Machine Operator/Packer (Former Employee), Canandaigua, NYDecember 20, 2014
My experience at Pactiv was based highly on teamwork. I always tried to take on the role and responsibilities that were expected of me, and believe I did just that ...

1 2 3 4 5

About Pactiv

At Pactiv, continuous innovation has secured our place as the world’s largest manufacturer and distributor of food packaging – Read more

Pactiv Salaries