Pactiv Employee Reviews

Profit is the bottom line
Manager of Safety, Security, Health & Environment (Former Employee) –  Covington, GAMay 21, 2017
The corporate belief that profit is more important than the employee safety of it's employees. Terminating employees is a regular happening. Making employees (temp & regular) work extra hard in heated and cold environments is standard.
Pros
Salary was decent
Cons
A very bad place to work if you consider safety to be important.
overall it is good
Hot press machine operator (Former Employee) –  Moorhead, MNMay 18, 2017
I like my jobs so much. My attendances are perfect, every day I go to place of work earlier mostly half an hour ahead of time, I didn't have any tardy, I didn't have sick all either.this is true for all companies I worked at so far
Pros
the work doesn't require lifting heavy heavy materials
Cons
too fast and no AC
Pactiv
LTO (Current Employee) –  Corsicana, TXMay 15, 2017
Well started out awesome moved from packer to lto within 3 months due to opening. I have been here 3 years now and applied for 3 other openings and have been turned down when i have the knowledge of each just no experience. Others have applied for same openings with no experience and got the positions also i have seniority over those who got the position unfairness is pactiv...
Pros
Well pay is decent
Cons
Turn over rate is terrible cant keep workers
Productive & Fun Place
Operator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 15, 2017
Productive & Fun Place, Show up do your work go home. Overall decent company when stress doesn't rule the roost. Hardest part of job, dont worry about it just do it.
Pros
Pay Decent
Cons
Short Breaks
Hated it
Packer/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYMay 10, 2017
The job was ok at first, but there was a lot of stupid stuff to deal with. They actually gave my job to someone else while I was dealing with medical issues.
Boring.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Bedford Park, ILMay 10, 2017
Have to do 3 to 4 men jobs. Have to stay in one place throughout the day. You are packing plastics are for food companies. They do 12 hour shifts. Two days on and two days off.
Working at pactiv
Infeed (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXMay 4, 2017
Working at pactiv isn't for everyone sometimes it can be stressful it's a good place to work great benefits but the management team needs alot of improvement
Pros
Contant work good benefits
Cons
Unexperienced people high turn over rate
ok
Core Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Corsicana, TXMay 3, 2017
ok place to work room for advancement if willing to put in work management could be a lot better and it would be a good place to work pay is typical for area
Pactiv was a very great company.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 3, 2017
Every coworker for pactiv had the up most respect, helping, loving, explained details very well and most of appreciated the hard work and effort from every employe.
Pros
Was allowed to have water
Cons
Shortbreaks
Its a very productive and fast pace place to work
Lead / Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, ILMay 2, 2017
Overall its a great place to work its fast pace its a good group of people in management there always coming up with different plans to better the company to also improve the operation.
Warehouse
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  New York StateApril 29, 2017
Hate this company. They fired me for no reason. The female who was training all she did was sit in her Forklift and talk about everyone. Lazy. Wasn't training me right. She had a attitude so when I got one back she ran and told my supervisor a bunch of lies.. So they fired me. And when I tried to talk and explain everything they didn't care.. I did like the job I did enjoy it but they definitely don't know how to keep good ppl
Ran like a prison
Extrusion Operator (Current Employee) –  Mineralwells, WVApril 29, 2017
Pactiv has no more or cares about its employees.supervisors and leads are lazy.rude.pactiv mineral wells is no place for a desent person to work.they don't care about holidays.and always know when osha comes.hr Dept covers accidents up.
Pros
Cons
Your timed on breaks.leads are lazy.supervisors are heartless
Great pay and benefits but rotating shifts and hours.
B Operator (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 28, 2017
The job pays well for the work we do. It is union though so promotions go by seniority not who's most qualified for the job. The rotating shifts can be hard , especially if you have a
Pros
Good healthcare benefits
Cons
Rotating shifts
Productive and very fast paced
Packer (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAApril 27, 2017
Training is for a week then you're off to the sharks. If coworkers are friendly enough you'll learn the tricks to not feel so stressed at work. Simple job. Same routine every day.
Happy Employee
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 26, 2017
Working for Pactiv was a good experience for me and I would definitely recommend this company to a friend. The salary is competitive and I wouldn't mind working with them again in the future.
Factory Work
Operator, Trainer, Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Canandaigua, New YorkApril 25, 2017
Great Benefits but poorly ran....Very hot in the summer....Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Over worked and under paid.........................
Pros
Great benefits and discounted supplies
Cons
unorganized and unfair treatment
I loved working at Pactiv
Operator (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCApril 21, 2017
Pactiv is an awesome company, they took very good care of me until I moved to the facility in NC. The Huntersville facility is very hostile and the supervisors and management are very arrogant and manage their employees using fear instead of true leadership.
I dont reccomend you work here
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Beech Island, SCApril 21, 2017
Management is awful
Needs a union
Ive learned your never going to make it there unless your "friends" with or associated with HR or management, it doesn't matter how much hard work you put in.
Pros
good benifites
Decent place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, ILApril 20, 2017
It's was an good experience, it was 12 hour shifts which I wasn't a fan of. The company was unorganized but efficiencent. If I could go back, I don't think I would.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Shifts
Good Job
Operator Associate (Current Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYApril 19, 2017
Nice place to work. Good salary. I learn a lot there and the pleople always help you and show you new thing either no packing or operating. Supervisor are always around.
Pros
Breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pactiv. Our community is ready to answer.