Pactiv

Pactiv Employee Reviews

Great pay & Benefits!
assembly (Former Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 4, 2015
Love the job but layed off! Too long, love the people and the skill but wish there was advancement in the work place, they let you down real easy just too accomplish there own needs and tackle!

Team work was always a question? but liked the coworkers for putting in the extra effort to bring them up to part.
Productive work place
Packaging Associate (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXJuly 31, 2015
Very productive and demanding work place., enjoy working with a
diverse group of peers. as soon as you get to work we are brief on safety and current events and then work, work, work, long productive 12 hour shifts.
Pros
Having a job
Cons
equipment breaking
Great company to work for
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New England/upper NY StateJuly 31, 2015
Great company to work for. Great management. Traveled around the country for team meetings. Excellent compensation packages.
Pros
Independence/company car/expense account/Management
Cons
Company went private
did not like working there
Packer/Inspector (Former Employee) –  mineralwells, wvJuly 29, 2015
for the most part the co workers were alright to work with. very long hours on your feet. standing for 12 hours a day was hard.
Pros
nice people
Cons
more communication
productive and busy
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYJuly 28, 2015
it was a job that payed my bills. loved most of the coworkers, mainly the ones that have been there from when I started in 2007. Still remain good friends with most of them.
Pros
3 unpaid breaks per 8 hours, and benefits. pay
Cons
management
Productive and enjoyable work environment
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILJuly 27, 2015
Very fun place to work. Great team environment and supervisors are great mentors that help you get to the next step in your career.
place is very hot in summer and too cold in winter
Packer (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJuly 27, 2015
work place is okay managers sometimes make your life a problem pick and choose too much hear say they say your just waiting for the day to be over
Pros
money
Cons
management
productive
Packer (Former Employee) –  Franklin Park, ILJuly 25, 2015
Working for Pactiv I learned how to pack at a fast pace with out overworking myself, the management was nice and understanding, my co-workers were nice and welcoming, The hardest part about working at Pactiv was the heat it often was extremely hot. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things and socializing.
Fast Paced Work
Packer/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCJuly 24, 2015
I loved the co-workers and management. The 3-2-2 schedule was the best. Best job I have ever had. Working on the line was very boring. But once you work your way off there and move on towards a machine. It becomes sweet.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Hot inside workplace
fast
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  fresno caJuly 22, 2015
good place to work but prepare to work at a fast paste and work well with others over all good easy job. hot though but if you make it fun it would go smooth
an okay job.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILJuly 21, 2015
work was easy but management was poor, also too many co-workers on everyone busy. There's a lot of overtime also the day goes bye quick.
Pros
easy work, alot of ot.
Cons
12hr shifts, hourly pay is soso.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Covington, GAJuly 16, 2015
Everything was great overall i had a really nice expirience with this company the employees where friendly and helpful and the management and supervisors were understanding
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
inconsitent schedule
With proper management, could be nice place
Operator (Former Employee) –  Grant Park, ILJuly 13, 2015
I worked her for 2 years and never could understand the place..So many rules are broken I dont know how the place is still in operation, although they make it seem as if no rules are broke.Be prepared to have things thrown at you at all directions, I was an operator and it was always the operators faults..Always increasing work load of operators as if Running 2 and 3 machines wasnt enough and turning in 3-4 pages of redundant info from front to back of each sheet.They do have rps guys who help but they are hit or miss,Mostly out in the break room and you have to call them on radio for there help.If you work for this company and it isnt all bad although mostly...DONT work for first shift.The Lead there is VERY much unhelpful, talks down to you with disrespect and spends about 3 to 3.5 hours a day outside smoking and thats not right.You can work your butt off each and every day and give it your best but...at the end of each day you get harrased by a few people of what went wrong or why scrap is too high and frankly its not fair to the operator whose now almost exhauseted dead tired and they walked by or stared at the machines messing up most of the day..Needs to be a serious House cleaning of management at this facility..Too many of "ive been here so long I can do whatever I want attitudes"Benefits are good, they provide you with 60 dollars of shoes a year..If they switched out management it probably would be a descent work environment..But pay is wayyy Below average..Be prepared to live in poverty levels and thats why they will always have such a high turn around.
Pros
Paid 20 min lunch, 8 hour shifts
Cons
Talked to with disrespect, Organized chaos, Lead who doesnt care.
Was good company until Reynolds Group Holdings bought it out
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Moorhead, MNJuly 10, 2015
I worked at Pactiv for 5 1/2 years. Unfortunately, they don't promote much from within. According to them, they're looking for fresh ideas from external candidates for their processes.

Overall, it wasn't a bad company to work for. I learned a lot and was able to take my knowledge to a company looking for fresh ideas.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Long hours, Lack of promotion potential
Challenging work place, that didn't offer much time for a personal life.
MATERIAL HANDLER/PACKER (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, ILJuly 10, 2015
Working in a warehouse required a lot of attention to detail. My day consisted of running lines and pulling materials for lines. Management liked my work ethic and promoted me within my first 2 months. The hardest part of the job was running a continuous line for 12 hours alone. This also included restarting it and packing the boxes and pulling the load on line. The most enjoyable part about the job is when I was promoted because I moved around the whole warehouse and learned a lot while doing so.
Pros
Having longer lunch breaks
Cons
I couldn't really spend time with my child due to required work hours
I am responsible for good production and quality for costumer
cel. tec. operator (Former Employee) –  Bedford Park, ILJuly 7, 2015
I start my shift review the schedule order, checking quality of the product and verify the scales.

I responsible for organization on my lines and cleanup the area.
Make sure I have all material to prevent down time.
Pros
Give me oportunity to learn other machines
Cons
no good benefits
Constantly working all the time
Machine Operator/Packer (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCJune 29, 2015
Fast pace, always working , always working on a machine because one will always mess up. workers really stayed to themselves oo really bother you. the manager was always to busy to have a conversation with you about your job.
Friendly work environment
Clerical Assistant for Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 24, 2015
Working at Pactiv was a great experience. I was able to strengthen my knowledge in Microsoft Office and I was introduced to label making. My co-workers and manager were very friendly and welcoming. The hardest part about the job was actually leaving it due to distance and the most enjoyable parts were meeting co-workers and indulging in great and life learning conversations.
ok for transitioning
Packer Operator (Former Employee) –  Beech Island, SCJune 17, 2015
Lack of respect high turn over and favoritism...what can you expect with supervisors and management that are backwards
Pros
one whole week off per month
Cons
culture sucks
Good Environment
Packer Specialist/Forklift (Current Employee) –  Beech Island, SCJune 15, 2015
Good place to work. Its all about team work & Pactiv is very big on it. A very cleaned environment with well manner management.