Padgett Business Services

Padgett Business Services Employer Reviews

Traveled and Learned
Accountant Assistant (Former Employee), Gastonia, NCJuly 21, 2014
With this being my first accounting job I learned alot. I processed monthly information received from clients in order to create their monthly profit loss statements. I processed payroll and sales taxes. I also completed some tax returned. I enjoyed this job until the end.
Firm committed to accuracy, service, and balance
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee), Gainesville, GAMay 6, 2014
Pros: great work family balance
Cons: i can not thing of any
I learned copious amounts of information in the short time that I have been employed at Padgett. I was able to dive into the work but still had a team of people willing to help me when I was stuck. The firm is committed to its clients and to the well being of their employees. There is a constant push to improve services and skills. This is not only – more... beneficial to the client, but also improves the skill sets of the employees as well. – less
franchise tax and consulting
Public Accountant and Owner (Former Employee), Mesa, AZFebruary 7, 2014
franchise support limited and market mostly small companies and individuals at the time
A great place for hands on learning
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Florence, KYAugust 19, 2013
Pros: flexibility to adjust work schedule and work location if needed
Cons: long hours during tax season
A typical day may involve anything from payroll prep and corresponding tax preparation, KY or Ohio sales tax preparation, to bookkeeping. I worked out of an office independently with minimal managerial oversight. I was responsible for direct contact with the clients and all aspects of bookkeeping/ tax preparation for those clients.

I learned to prepare – more... all types of tax returns required to be completed on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. These included monthly, quarterly and annual payroll returns; monthly, quarterly and semiannual sales tax returns; as well as learned to prepare some smaller corporate tax returns. I continued to use skills learned prior to this job for personal tax preparation. I learned various methods for preparing profit and loss statements for various clients.

Management was always available to answer any questions I may have. They were available to assist directly if I came across something I had no experience with and needed more direct guidance.

Other than an occasional person who was brought in to do some data entry, I really had no co-workers. I worked independently on any work needed to support the client base.

The hardest part of the job was long hours during tax season. Due to the increased workload from January through April, long hours were required in order to get the work out in a timely and orderly manner.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility. Since my spouse worked a fixed schedule type of job, it was nice to have a job with flexibility, if needed. With two small children, occasionally something unexpected would come up. I was able to shift hours to other days or have calls forwarded to my home and work from there, if needed. – less
Learned a lot but not a stable place to work.
Business Service Manager (Former Employee), Sterling Heights, MIFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: health care, 401k
Cons: unstable
Calling on business owners by phone and in person.
Did presentations and quotes regarding monthly accounting and tax consulting for small business in Macomb County.
I learned a lot about business taxes and the mistakes that business owners make when they ignore tax letters etc...
Management is difficult and unfair!
Click atmosphere beware!
The hardest – more... part of the job was finding leads.
I was there for 6 years in sales, they lost most of the accounts I brought in. I taught my supervisor that they needed to fix their website, she did, then she took my leads and my calls, reduced my pay by 66% of course I had to resign. When other co workers reached 5years of employment they received gifts, I got nothing!
The entire company has NO RESPECT for sales people and they are not shy about letting you know it frequently.You ask "why did I stay"?
I did make decent money before my pay was cut. – less
The people at Padgett are great.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: no benefits
My co-workers at Padgett care about their clients and each other. The hardest part of this job was when I got laid off. I assisted the sales manager doing general office work, especially using Microsoft Word and Excel. I also worked extensively promoting the company to other businesses and performing other customer service responsibilities such as greeting – more... visitors to the office. While at this job, I learned more about dealing with customer service issues by observing my more experienced co-workers. The most enjoyable part of this job was working with these people. – less
Challenging but fun
Tax Preparer, and Office Clerk (Former Employee), Caledonia, NYJuly 15, 2012
Loved the management. Learned many new skills. Tax preparation became my favorite part of my job. Enjoyed the personal contact with our clients.
Productive and very fun evniroment
Receptionist (Former Employee), Moline, ILJune 26, 2012
Wonderful enviroment, helped out when needed! It was a very enjoyable experience.
Always busy, enjoyable place to work.
Junior Accountant (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 8, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no benefits and no room for advancement
*A typical work day involves: following up with clients on monthly work. Completing monthly work-trial balance, payroll, journal entries. Complying with government deadlines for individuals and small businesses.
*I have learned many things related to my field of study, accounting.
*The Owner of our location is our manager and he is very friendly and – more... understanding.
*I get along with my co-workers very well. We have become great friends.
*My job isn't hard. If its something i've never done they teach me how to do it and I pick it up pretty fast.
*I enjoy learning new things. I have found that if you have a willingness to learn you can go far. – less
Great Temp Experience
Bookkeeper (Former Employee), BramptonNovember 16, 2013
Pros: great staff
Great temp experience that allowed me early exposure to the personal tax system.
Exposure to many type of business cleints
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), North York, ONJuly 6, 2013
Pros: worked individualy without be managed - flexiable
Cons: short hours - small earnings
It was perfect experience on taxation and accounting. I learned to work on my own and took more responsibility.

The hardest part of the job was that the clients were not keeping records properly sometimes.

The enjoyable part was when the financial statements were done and all the reconciliations were done.