Padnos Employee Reviews

people ok management the worst
Skilled Labor (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIFebruary 10, 2016
They say safety and family all lies. They pay people off to keep quiet and out of papers and news. Management only care about there bonus and status screw the employee's to get what they want. They make deals and never hold true the only family that counts is padnos. They demand everything give nothing to vary little, have open bias between shifts firsts are golden seconds get dumped on never equal. Bonuses used to be good till the 2nd generation left the 3rd and current cut bonuses by almost 80% never to return. Benefits at best are mediocre premiums go up nd coverage goes down. They brag about all the extra programs they have to offer but don't explaine the hundreds of hoops you have to jump through to get it and the mony you have to pay to get it making it not really worth it. The wages are below average to cap it all off and in our department no chance for advancement they always hire outside.
Pros
ability to do personal work with machines
Cons
just about everything
Good place to gain experience
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Wyoming, MIFebruary 8, 2016
I have worked at Padnos for about five years and have learned many things. There is a vast amount of opportunity and varying fields.
I have come to realize that this company is not one particularly suited for advancement and long term careers. I desire to continue to grow and learn as well as move "up the ladder" in the companies I work at. This is not a possibility here realistically.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
poor management, low pay, safety hazards, hours
Machinist
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 11, 2016
The managment at PLI is the worst i have ever worked for. They will tell you what you want to hear but make no effort in making the company a better place to work at. I have noticed outside customers not return. You will not advance in the company they will simply hire someone new for a higher postion. Do not apply.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Everything else
Productive and fun working space
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Grandville, MISeptember 6, 2016
They are a safe inviroment, they are some what hard to work for but fun coworkers, safe area and good members to be around. amazing working order and fine craftment ship around work space
Pros
free lunches, long breaks
Cons
Hard work
Great Company, Good Benefits, Hard Work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 4, 2015
Padnos is an excellent place to work. The company value system is great, the owners seem to truly care for the community and for the employees, and the benefits are very good.

If you choose this place, though, be ready to roll up your sleeves and make a serious impact. The work is challenging, physically and mentally, and excellence is a way of life when working here.
Dangerous Lead
Forklift (Former Employee) –  Madison, WiFebruary 25, 2014
I have had other jobs like this. Stay away from Express Employment Professionals as well. I would come home covered in lead dust, that I was not warned of. OSHA investigated and found 6 serious violations. They fired me for complaining, which is illegal. They are still fighting my workers compensation. I still have lead poisoning. I advise any worker that is around lead to call OSHA, a doctor and a lawyer. Keep this information to yourself, as you will likely be fired for doing so, but if they do find out you can sue them under whistleblower laws. Good luck.
Pros
money
Cons
slave labor, dangerous working environment.
Baler Operator with high expectations.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Wyoming, MIAugust 22, 2013
A typical day at work begins at 5am and goes until you're done with your job. I learned the core values of the company which began with family which is very important. The hardest part of my job was the high expectations in which management expected but the most enjoyable part was all of my co-workers. Everyone remained very positive through out the stressful times
Pros
Benefits, Breaks, People
Wonderful company
Administrative Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIDecember 24, 2015
Great company! The employees and managers are all welcoming and friendly. Company is very family oriented and always innovative. The ASR job was a lot of customer service and data entry. Worked very closely with the account executives to ensure things were handled to their utmost ability and things were done accurately.
Great company, terrible job.
Hi-lo driver (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MIJanuary 7, 2014
Applicants beware!
Padnos is a great company with an outstanding reputation in West Michigan but this position will break your back, crush your spirit and make you wish you had never applied to this job! This is much more than hi-lo driving, which in itself would be simple and enjoyable. This position in Wyoming Plastics will require you to unload truck after truck of glorified "trash", or as they call it, recyclables. The trucks to unload are usually a horrible mess of junk packed so tight you can't get it unloaded without making a huge mess all over, and when its busy they expect you to unload 5 or 6 per shift which you will find is completely unreasonable. Your 10 hour shift will easily exceed 11 or 12 if you intend to get anywhere with management and although they did not mandate working Saturdays, you find pressure from management to do so anyway. Working 50+ hours a week just isn't "Gung Ho" enough for these people! Management tries to create a good environment, but at the end of the day, they are completely clueless and out of touch with what the hi-lo drivers are going through. Very physical job, you will be off the hi-lo more than you are on it, very disorganized and you will freeze in the winter. (NO HEAT IN THE BUILDING!)
That said, the people working there are for the most part good, hard working people stuck in a bad job. Benefits are great, pay is average, and there many free lunches if that's what your looking for in life.
Pros
Benefits, Free Lunches, thats about it.
Cons
Very dirty, cold, hot, stinky, disorganized, poor training, hours, etc.
Great people to work with on the floor.
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Wyoming plasticsMarch 31, 2015
You may hear through the greater Grand Rapids area that Padnos is a wonderful place to work. Unfortunately this rumor is untrue. I personally worked at the Wyoming plastics division as a machine operator. The year I worked there was a complete joke, but not a funny joke. A joke in which after 6 months on the job you have to drag yourself into work. The management team is completely clueless to what happens on the floor. They are the first to take credit for your ideas, so they can feel good about them selfs. The management team is belittling in every form possible. I've even heard personally a manager say "you are a better person if you have a bachelors degree".. That is how skewed these people's views are. The best thing that Padnos has going for it. is the people you get to work with on a day to day basis. "Besides management and sales team" because of course they are better then you. You will also feel that no matter how hard you work, or how much you get done. It will never be enough. That in itself got tiring extremely quick. I am not a disgruntled worker, just someone who is looking out for people looking for a good work environment. With that said, I hope this helps. Just don't want people to be mislead.
Pros
Fellow employees "Not management"
Cons
Management, supervisors, sales team.

Want to know more about Padnos?

Ask a question
Non-Ferrous Scale Buyer (Former Employee) –  Cadillac, MINovember 1, 2015
Open warehouse, sort material, buy non ferrous material from customers. I learnt how to run a small nonferrous scale, grade material.
Honest hard work that is honorable by helping the community to eliminate waste materials.
Plastics Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MIJune 20, 2015
Long hour days constantly on your feet and never a dull moment. Great company overall to work for and to retire from. Fast pace environment serving our community for their recycling needs.
hard working
Sorter of scraps (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIDecember 11, 2012
it was a good job very heavy lifting from truck tires to led block weighing anywhere from 10 to 300 pounds.. everyday was a challenge but i loved it and the people i worked with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Padnos. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9