Page Plus Cellular Employee Reviews in United States

nice environment to work in
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fremont, OHMarch 10, 2016
Manager is very nice a typical day at work is always smooth. Theres nothing hard about this job. its relaxed. you mostly work by yourself you don't usually work with another co worker, it gives you time to get your school work done if you attend school like me.
Great opportunity to learn management skills
Agent (Former Employee) –  Cabot, AROctober 6, 2015
I enjoyed my job and responsibility and managing my own store. The owner had 4 stores and only 1 manager at 1 store so the rest of us at a different store had to manage their own store. I usually had one other sales agent working with me and we would switch off on opening and closing paperwork and money management. We both dealt with customers and solving their problems. I was at my store alone for a bit every so often.
I enjoyed not having a manager or the owner at the store all the time to micromanage. Unfortunately, I was doing a managers job without the title or pay.
We were an authorize retailer so we couldn't do as much as corporate stores, causing us to be slower and trying to recruit customers.
Pros
Commision, 9-6 weekdays and all but 1 weekend a month off
Cons
manage without title or pay
Custumer service
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Deming, NMSeptember 14, 2015
Provided excellent service to all costumers. Answered phone calls every day and assisted daily costumers. It was a fun work place, the managers were very supportive, we had a few challenging tasks but thank you to our managers patience we got to learn everything and master every task we had.
Pros
Fun work place, easy job
Cons
Challenging tasks
One of the best jobs I ever had
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHAugust 3, 2015
The only complaint that I would have would be that the employees were expected to keep a stop watch because clocking in even 1 minute late (even from breaks) was enough to get attendance points and the only reason that you would not get attendance points was for jury duty. Other than that it was a fun easy going enviroment and everyone, from upper management down to entry level employees, was really nice. The job was easy and the surrroundings were confortable.
Pros
Great enviroment, Nice People, Good pay, Good benefits
Cons
Somewhat unreasonable attendance policy
Very professional and rewarding job!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 17, 2015
Page plus cellular provided great amount of training that prepared you for customers all over the United States! Great company that provided productive co workers and mangers who help your day a successful one!
Excellent place with great ownership while it was open
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 27, 2015
I was very sad to see Page Plus close. They were a major part of my life for the last 11 years and will be greatly missed. It was fun to watch and be a part of their growth and I appreciate the opportunities they provided while they were here.
Pros
Cons
No longer in the U.S.
This was a Productive place to work until the sold the company
Customer Service Representative Lead (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHMarch 2, 2015
Handle activations and customer service calls as well as help the supervisors handle escalated calls and credit cards. Handle escalated calls, tickets, and issues with the porting system, reporting any problems with network, phone or software issues as they happen, continued training and education of the floor representatives to make sure they are properly handling the calls and assisting them when they, are unable to complete certain transactions, provide assistance with equipment issues and inquiries with consideration to the current warranty programs
Pros
bonus once a year
Cons
short breaks, mass lay off no serverence pay
Sad ending to a great company.
Customer Service Rep - Live Chat Agent (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHFebruary 21, 2015
Used to be a fantastic company owned by a family that cared about the products and services they offered as well as its employees. Sadly, they were bought out by Tracfone and within a year, the corporation opened call centers in Guatemala and the Phillipines. The U.S. call center was closed down, leaving yet another company with an entirely american customer base, with not a single customer service rep with a truly fluent grasp of the english language.
Pros
easy to pick up the particulars of the job
Cons
upper management cared little for the customer and their needs.
Unfortunatley, this company has been sold and outsourced overseas!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHMarch 15, 2015
I don't find it fair to review this company since they are no longer in business as a result of being sold and outsourced overseas. I can say that I have many fond memories of my time with Page Plus Cellular as a result of co-workers.
Pros
good pay, great co-works
Cons
company sold and outsourced
Job Work/Life Balance.
Floor Supervisor/technical support. (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHFebruary 1, 2015
There is always something to learn from anyone around you. Management don't have a problem with hard working people. Respect others, been easy going and think before reacting every one can have a bad day.
Not been able to help someone, after gathering all information related to the issue.
been productive, do my best to complete daily job tasks.
Pros
apreciate any way to lead to a good enviromental work place.
Cons
benefits, compensations
Working with customers was great.
Customer Service Representative/Live Chat (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHJanuary 31, 2015
I did enjoy assisting people with issues they were having, and defusing a irate customers. I took my job serious and management and co-workers knew me to be an idol of the company, I spent many hours training new new employees. Sad the job closed.
Pros
pizza every now and again for holidays
Cons
short breaks/ no holiday pay
great atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHFebruary 24, 2015
Page Plus was an amazing job. I enjoyed building relationships with our customers. My coworkers were very friendly and energetic as well as management. I've learned excellent customer service skills and patience.
Busy work place
CSR/Sales (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHMay 18, 2015
Helped customers with problems with their phones.made customers payments for them when they called in. Fixed customers phones
Typical call center job
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Holland, OHJune 4, 2014
5 hour shift, help customers replenish prepaid cell phone accounts as well as troubleshooting devices for customers. Learned how to use soft skills while dealing with many different types of customers over the phone. Hardest part of the jo would have to be dealing with the rude customers or explaining certain aspects of the company to customers. The most enjoyable part would have to be the compliments from customers & some the awesome coworkers i have.
Pros
paid lunch break, pto
Cons
short breaks, point system
Courteous, friendly, dependable , team player, performs quality work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHJuly 24, 2014
Customer service experience which includes 15 years of clerical, excellent communication
skills, the ability to work as a team player or alone without direct supervision, the ability to work in a fast paced environment with deadlines, the ability to handle a heavy call volume and a great attitude.
A start "job“ for college students
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 4, 2013
Benefits are horrible, point system is horrible, trainers were good, team leads was great....well almost all of them was, HR was liars, I was told that I decided to comeback that I woulf be able to, but it was a lie. The atmosphere was busy, extra hours only came at yhe beginning of the month, no more time in a half on holidays, raises. ...hahaha....a joke. My recommendation is this if you want to start out somewhere until you find something better then yes, if your good at go for a different position, but truthfully I would not ever make any type of career gor this place, amd thats based on the lies Hr tells!
Pros
......
Cons
too many to list
Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHAugust 23, 2013
Answer incoming calls professionally to respond to customers inquires and questions, handle complaints, troubleshoot problems and provide information. Sell products and place customer orders in computer system. Suggestive sell products and services. Transfer customer calls to appropriate staff. Identify, research, and resolve customer issues using the available resources. Identify and escalate priority issues. Complete call logs and reports. Research billing issues. Research misapplied payments. Recognize, document and alert the supervisor of trends in customer calls. Recommend process improvements
Nice company to work for, friendly owners
Customer Service Rep / Live chat rep (Current Employee) –  Holland, OHMay 21, 2013
A typical day at pageplus cellular is mainly taking calls from customers that are either paying their pre paid cell phones, or wanting to change devices, or having problems. Another nice part about the job is your talking to some really nice customers and authorized dealers that sell pageplus. My co-workers are really nice but there are so many of us it is really hard to keep track of everyone.
Pros
nice company, easy job.
Cons
short breaks, point system
Noisy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHJuly 23, 2012
Upon walking into the callroom floor, every single pair of eyes is on you. The ringing of telephones and people talking in both english and spanish is overwhelming. I learned how to activate a phone and how rude people truly are, and I am not speaking of the customers. Some people I realized, just don't care. Management was kind at first, but showed a very "uppity" attitude right after training. The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving.
Pros
$10.00 an hour
Cons
noisy, rude, unrealistic
Good
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 2, 2014
I know that as long as I make it to work on time and do what is expected of me I have a secure job. There are multiple hours of overtime and extra hours offered to everyone every week. Since I have been there they have had multiple job openings and I have applied to them all and even had a interview for Supervisor within my first two months. The breaks are paid and they have a great benefits package.