Paine College Employee Reviews in United States

Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 18, 2016
What I learned while working is how to safely put up chemicals in proper place and do inventory of the chemicals supplied. Also, learning how the equipment works is vital when people need assistants such as for experiments or research.
Trational HBCU school.
Visiting Professor (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 26, 2016
Students were easy to get along with. Faculty members and staff members were very nice and supportive. The hardest part was to communicate with some academic departments because the process took long time to get things down.
Enjoyable place to be employed at.
Assistant Director of Donor Management (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 15, 2016
Great place to work. People are friendly. Employees are approached in a professional manner. My day at the office stems from a variety of work experiences. I have learned how to work efficiently in a busy environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was gaining respect from customers.
Great place, but time to move on
OFFICE ASSISTANT-OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 26, 2015
I graduated from Paine, and was blessed to walk into a job right after graduation. It's like a family, everyone is hardworkding, dedicated, and loving. Paine is highly invested in the students and the betterment of the college. The hardest part is knowing that right now my position is not secure, but I love it inspite of that.
Pros
The people, the work environment
Cons
pay and lack of job security
Not a good experience
Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 17, 2015
Not a good place to work. People are fired for no reason. Management is cut throat. Not a safe place to work either. Long hours and little pay. This is not good if you are salaried which means that you are not paid for the long hours. High turnover rate among management. Everyone is afraid for their jobs.
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant Professor of Media Studies (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 4, 2015
Assistant Professor of Media Studies. Taught courses in Beginning & Advanced TV Production, Beginning & Advanced Radio Production, Public Relations, Film History and Film Appreciation.
Loved helping students succeed
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GeorgiaAugust 2, 2015
Students were able to walk in the and receive help in any math course that they were having difficulty understanding. The lab would open in the morning at 9am and close at 5am. The job was very fulfilling and it felt great when students were able to achieve good grades in their particular course.
Productive and Fun work space
Acting (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 30, 2015
Paine College is an amazing place to work at and grow. This place helps you learn your strengths as well as your weakness.
New Administration
Senior Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 15, 2015
This College has gone through an administration change recently. I have enjoyed working for this institution. The best part about Paine College is the student body and having a good group of co-workers that complement the institution on many different levels.
Great Workplace, Excellent Supervision, Fast Pace Work
Campus Police Officer/ Residence Director (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 29, 2015
Working at Paine College was an excellent choice. They provide you with on the job training as well understandable supervisors.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Negative Workplace
Very nice place to work
Office Manager / Financial Aid Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 3, 2015
This job is a good place to take off in billing and coding. If you love doing patients accounts, then this is the place you want to be.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No raises
Great people, great institution.
Director of Student Activities (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 23, 2015
Work days can be overwhelming but when it's a passion you go beyond the call of duty to make things happen. This isn't just the experience I have but my colleagues as well; we believe in greatness and working in excellence. The hardest part of the job is the lack of resources yet the most enjoyable is making things happen with little resources and it being a success.
Pros
everlasting relationships
Cons
unstable
Good for experience
Intern Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Augusta GeorgiaDecember 2, 2014
As a work study student who later became an intern, and even a volunteer I have learned a lot from my time in the information technology department at Paine College. As a student and future alumni of the school the employees in the office have showed me how to conduct myself in the information technology field. I have leaned many thing from dealing with in call, to troubleshooting, repairs, and project management. The office although small and few its a good place to learn.
Pros
good learning environment
Cons
small work area and few employees
Computer Lab Technician
Computer Lab Intern (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 16, 2014
I assisted students set up class projects on computers. I also upload software, set up computers and printers, change ink cartridges and toners. I maintained a list of students that comes in the computer lab. I enjoyed working with other students while working on campus and going to school at the same time. I learned about different software including virus protection, Microsoft office suites, and basic networking concepts.
Pros
flexibility, work while i am in school, casual setting
Private, Christian, HBCU College in Augusta, Georgia.
Assistant Professor of Mass Communication (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 23, 2014
The hardest part of this job was the workload and changing administrators over the years. Another challenge is long meetings and not enough resources to help students meet academic and professional goals. This didn't stop me from leaving my mark at the school. This includes being a finalist for teacher of the year, starting new programs, and helping students find gainful employment and graduate school opportunities.
Pros
location, benefits, and long tenure.
Cons
changing adiminstration, long work days, not enough resources.
Fun work environment
Graphic Designer/Assistance of Public Relations (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 24, 2014
You work closely with the President of the college and Public Relations. Management was good when I was there, but once she left. I decided to leave too. The new manager tried to micro manage too much. My co-workers were awesome.
Pros
fun youthful environment
Cons
micro manager
Enjoy working and helping the students, faculty and staff. .
College Nurse (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 9, 2014
Director of the office of Health services.Triage students for medical care; refer students to the College physician, whose office is off the campus. Making weekly reports to my supervisor about the office of Health Service. Supervise work-study students in the health clinic. Maintaining medical file on students. Prepare for workshops on heath and wellness for the college family.
Pros
1hr lunch breaks, off every weekend and every major holiday.
Cons
medical insurance benefits, no pay raises
Service Assistant
Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 17, 2014
This was one of the best job positions and work environment I have ever been apart of, and would really enjoy working again.
Pros
great atmosphere, friendly environment
Cons
n/a
Learning workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 3, 2014
Enjoyed working at facility. Learned multiple operations of administrative management. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to show creativity when creating powerpoints for executive meetings.
Pros
management
Cons
having to leave so abruptly
fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GADecember 3, 2013
appreciation is shown as much as possible
work a lot of evening