Paine College Employee Reviews

Best Job Ever
Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 13, 2017
The typical day at work felt like a new adventure, learning wise was great having the opportunity to work side-by-side with account managers and financial aid advisers. The hardest part was leaving the job after my year term was up The most enjoyable part was working with some of the hardest worker.
Pros
Sharped my skills
Cons
Only had the opportunity to work a year
It was an ok job.
Biological Technician (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 4, 2017
It was an ok job. It gave me some experience and helped me to understand what some aspects of biology were like. My manager was very nice, and was very helpful.
Pros
It was ok.
Cons
None, really.
good palce to work
Book Store Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 8, 2017
good place to work. I worked in the campus bookstore as a 2nd part time job. I enjoyed my time here I worked as bookstore assistant manager. students were the best
Pros
weekends off
Cons
management
Financial Hard times
Donor Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 7, 2017
Paine is a great college. The board doesn't make strong financial decisions. The Campus needs some physical work but it lovely overall. Working there means having thick skin and as long as you mind your business and work hard you will be fine.
Pros
Great academics.
Cons
Not Business Savy. HR needs work as well.
Paine College lol
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 17, 2017
To say the least I transferred cause the school was about to lose their accreditation. I didn't want to risk my degree. Otherwise the school was good, I worked with very professional people whom understood that I was a college student and not a full time employee.
College work
Game Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 26, 2016
Nothing more but a job that didn't require my full attention, so I was able to complete my school work. If you like games and making activities then this is for you.
A very populated working environment.
Dorm Assistant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 18, 2016
Having to be an assistant was something I had never done. I was up for the challenge and I loved the experience, it allowed me to connect with other students. I got to understand what kind of problems others are facing in college and how they handle their school and profressional lives.
Pros
Getting to meeting new people.
Cons
Knowing that this job was temporary.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 18, 2016
What I learned while working is how to safely put up chemicals in proper place and do inventory of the chemicals supplied. Also, learning how the equipment works is vital when people need assistants such as for experiments or research.
Trational HBCU school.
Visiting Professor (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 26, 2016
Students were easy to get along with. Faculty members and staff members were very nice and supportive. The hardest part was to communicate with some academic departments because the process took long time to get things down.
Enjoyable place to be employed at.
Assistant Director of Donor Management (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 15, 2016
Great place to work. People are friendly. Employees are approached in a professional manner. My day at the office stems from a variety of work experiences. I have learned how to work efficiently in a busy environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was gaining respect from customers.
Great place, but time to move on
OFFICE ASSISTANT-OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 26, 2015
I graduated from Paine, and was blessed to walk into a job right after graduation. It's like a family, everyone is hardworkding, dedicated, and loving. Paine is highly invested in the students and the betterment of the college. The hardest part is knowing that right now my position is not secure, but I love it inspite of that.
Pros
The people, the work environment
Cons
pay and lack of job security
Not a good experience
Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 17, 2015
Not a good place to work. People are fired for no reason. Management is cut throat. Not a safe place to work either. Long hours and little pay. This is not good if you are salaried which means that you are not paid for the long hours. High turnover rate among management. Everyone is afraid for their jobs.
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant Professor of Media Studies (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 4, 2015
Assistant Professor of Media Studies. Taught courses in Beginning & Advanced TV Production, Beginning & Advanced Radio Production, Public Relations, Film History and Film Appreciation.
Loved helping students succeed
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GeorgiaAugust 2, 2015
Students were able to walk in the and receive help in any math course that they were having difficulty understanding. The lab would open in the morning at 9am and close at 5am. The job was very fulfilling and it felt great when students were able to achieve good grades in their particular course.
Productive and Fun work space
Acting (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 30, 2015
Paine College is an amazing place to work at and grow. This place helps you learn your strengths as well as your weakness.
New Administration
Senior Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 15, 2015
This College has gone through an administration change recently. I have enjoyed working for this institution. The best part about Paine College is the student body and having a good group of co-workers that complement the institution on many different levels.
Great Workplace, Excellent Supervision, Fast Pace Work
Campus Police Officer/ Residence Director (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 29, 2015
Working at Paine College was an excellent choice. They provide you with on the job training as well understandable supervisors.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Negative Workplace
Very nice place to work
Office Manager / Financial Aid Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 3, 2015
This job is a good place to take off in billing and coding. If you love doing patients accounts, then this is the place you want to be.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No raises
Great people, great institution.
Director of Student Activities (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 23, 2015
Work days can be overwhelming but when it's a passion you go beyond the call of duty to make things happen. This isn't just the experience I have but my colleagues as well; we believe in greatness and working in excellence. The hardest part of the job is the lack of resources yet the most enjoyable is making things happen with little resources and it being a success.
Pros
Everlasting relationships
Cons
Unstable
Good for experience
Intern Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Augusta GeorgiaDecember 2, 2014
As a work study student who later became an intern, and even a volunteer I have learned a lot from my time in the information technology department at Paine College. As a student and future alumni of the school the employees in the office have showed me how to conduct myself in the information technology field. I have leaned many thing from dealing with in call, to troubleshooting, repairs, and project management. The office although small and few its a good place to learn.
Pros
Good learning environment
Cons
Small work area and few employees