Painting with a Twist Employee Reviews

Good place for a young, creative type. Not a place to stay for a young, creative type looking to advance in the arts/creative industry.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MISeptember 23, 2017
The work is easy and not very stressful, the schedule is usually pretty flexible, and most of the guests really enjoying being there which makes for a fun environment. While the customers enjoyed their time there, many of the employees made it clear they didn't want to be there. They usually didn't make this apparent to the customers, but as an employee I would constantly hear complaints from other employees about not wanting to be there and it brought the morale down significantly.

This job is great for someone in college who is studying an art field, or just someone who has some artistic ability and wants to work with other creative types. There's not a lot of room for advancement and for someone seriously looking to advance their skills in the arts, this is not the place.
Pros
Rarely overworked, relatively flexible schedule, easy-going environment
Cons
Minimal room for advancement, low morale (this doesn't go for every location obviously, just my personal experience), low pay
Terrible Management, fun job.
Artist (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 22, 2017
I absolutely love being able to party and paint for a living. But the management is a nightmare. One manager brings personal life into work, and uses your personal decisions against you. They've pulled me off the schedule without warning, and cut my pay without explanation. I would never recommend anyone to work at this particular location. The actual job itself is very fun. I feel another location would be a better fit.
Painting with a twist
Art Instructor/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orange City, FLSeptember 20, 2017
Poorly managed, inappropriate conduct, no opportunity for advancement, no benefits, very few hours. A very apparent lack of empathy for employees. overall very poor.
Awesome enviroment and Artsy
Class Instructor (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 10, 2017
ID say a typical day at work you come in on time and begin by going thru your daily check list, but its also a lot of freedom to work and finish daily painting goals. Also I learned great business managment skills and some painting techniques.
Pros
Paint as much as you want, paid training and relaxed work environment
Cons
Not that many hours
This place is AWESOME!
Artist/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 29, 2017
I worked for this company for three years and I loved every minute of it. The energy in the studios I worked for were completely opposite but they were still a lot of fun to work for. Now with that being said working there did have it's cons, but not any serious ones. The biggest issue for me was not having health benefits. With PWAT being an art studio that requires it's employees to be around potentially dangerous art supplies, I always thought health insurance should be offered to employees. However, I didn't really take this to heart because I just went and got health insurance. Other than that, there weren't any issues that the management and floor staff couldn't bring up to one another. One of the things I'll remember most is really feeling like family. The ladies that own the franchises I worked for, will go above and beyond for their staff as if they were family.
Pros
Awesome staff. Compassionate Owners. Flexible Schedule.
Cons
No Health Insurance, Somewhat On-Call.
Creativity and philanthropy-- a great combo
instructor (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXJuly 20, 2017
Great place to work, low pressure, high fun, and the corporate giving to charities is icing on the cake! I love being an instructor and meeting people. I hope to one day own a franchise. The marketing is exceptional. My only wish is that someday in the future the corporate views change about giving artists royalties on paintings they design. They keep up with everything from number of paintings a studio does right down to which artist paints them and how many times, so the accounting is in place. If only the artist who designed the most popular painting got a quarter royalty for each time it was painted they would have received $23,170.25 to date! This would inspire the instructors to submit more designs as well. Minus the overhead, the most popular painting has generated 3,243,835.00!!!!! .... so far.
Pros
Fun
Cons
None really
Great place to work!
Studio Manger (Current Employee) –  Lake City, FLJuly 14, 2017
Fast pace friendly and fun atmosphere! Teaching paint parties to first time painters is a great experience to teach them something new and creative! Pay is fair.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
No benefits.
Fun Place but Policies Unfair
Art Instructor/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOJune 25, 2017
This was a fun environment interacting with guests and I loved the work I did but as more new people got hired on the older employees stopped getting as many hours.
Workplace that encourage staff
Gig Artist (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAJune 12, 2017
Provide staff opportunity to expand ability and develop personal skills, comfortable and open relationship. Provides a great environment and working atmosphere; people gather to laugh and smile while creating art.
Pros
Engaging staff
Cons
N/a
Very fun and positive enviroment
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Germantown, TNMay 25, 2017
I love my Painting with A Twist job. I open canvases as the shipments arrive. On Saturdays, I help clean after a party and prepare for the next event. I keep a log of the paint inventory to help management with their order. The best part of my job is that people come in for a party and they are always nice, happy and in a good mood. The hardest part of my job is physically lifting the boxes of canvases off the shelf and then putting them back. Since I have been here, I have definitely learned a great deal about customer service.
Pros
We always have a fun time and I love the staff
Cons
working most Saturdays and hauling trash to the dumpster
Painting with a Twist
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXMay 16, 2017
Painting with a Twist is a creative escape for friends, family and even staff. Having the chance to leave one job and continue on into another was at times trying but so worth it.
The relationships built during this employment are lasting.
Pros
Creative and fun!
Cons
At the time working multiple jobs
Fun place to work for a creative and outgoing person
Artist/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAMarch 6, 2017
typical day consisted of painting a sample of an upcoming class, or teaching a class and cleaning up after. Management at this particular one was horrible. would change the schedule without notification constantly. No organization or communication skills. Best part was teaching the classes, the customers made it all worth it.
Awful company
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  South Florida, FLFebruary 3, 2017
This company is terrible. Stay away of you are interested in working with good people and are socially minded. These people are complete rip offs.
Excellent and creative work environment that is people-focused
Part-time Artist Assistant and Instructor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 15, 2016
Painting with a Twist is an excellent work environment in the creative field. It is focused upon the happiness and satisfaction of the customers/painters. I learned to better speak in front of groups of people and how to make painting universal to anyone. Management is very understanding and responsive. Co-workers are great as well! The most enjoyable part of my job is sharing my passion for art with people and seeing them have a great time.
Pros
good hourly pay, friendly management
Cons
Little full-time position opportunities and insurance benefits
This is a great franchise.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXNovember 14, 2016
I started working at PWAT as an assistant while I was training. My first day I came in and they showed me where supplies were kept and how to set up for a class. The next time I came in I helped set up a class and did some tidying around the studio while helping customers paint.
It is a relaxed environment and management is great.
There is plenty of room for advancement many start off as an assistant where you help clean the studio, and help customers complete their painting, then once you are ready you become an instructor.
An instructors duties consist of teaching a fun and entertaining class, prepainting, cleaning the studio.
Although you are an instructor you can still act as an assistant. Nobody acts as if they are above you. Everybody for the most part has the same duties to complete and there is no workplace drama.
I would apply to work here all over again.
Pros
Painting, Relaxed workplace, Entertaining and fulfilling job.
Cons
None.
Creativity Killer
Artist Instructor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 21, 2016
Management had no idea what they were doing, company atmosphere actually discouraged creativity. Compensation/pay for job was poor for what was required for the job.
Pros
Make your own hours, coworkers were fun
Cons
no healthcare, poor management, bad corporate atmosphere
Perfect Job for an Artist
Painting Instructor (Current Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOAugust 8, 2016
Every day is a unique experience with unique individuals. Working one on one with painters as you get to share the process of creating beautiful work.
Being An Art Assistant
Art Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ferndale, MIAugust 3, 2016
Even though my time with PWaT has been short since I started not too long ago, I really enjoy working here. The employers always put the employees first, and make sure its a safe and fun environment for both the artists and the customers. The pay is good, and the job is fun. I would push anyone and everyone to apply here, or even spend the evening painting here!
Pros
good work environment, great team, good pay
Cons
parking is a little bit hectic
A fun business and a creative, enjoyable place to work.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAApril 28, 2016
I enjoyed developing a start up business and enjoyed working with the Owner. Painting with a Twist as a Franchise is a great company and I feel they have a very professional team of people.
Great Place to Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Prairieville, LADecember 22, 2015
AS AN ARTIST YOUR THERE NO LONGER THAN 3 HOURS AT A TIME FOR ANY GIVEN SHIFT. It is all very simple if you know how to paint and have a good time!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Painting with a Twist. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2