PakLab Employee Reviews

not good
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Newtown, OHMay 8, 2017
lies and slander nothing more, unfortunately i need 150 characters to explain the same 2 words. lies, and slander. nothing more to it not good work place
Fast Paced yet positive
Plant Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Batavia, OhioMay 3, 2017
Lot's of activity. New capitol projects, new client product initiatives, ongoing maintenance and machine reliability initiatives, process improvement initiatives, equipment validations, training.
Pros
great people
productive and relaxing workplace, easy to go to work
Packer (Current Employee) –  Owensville, OHFebruary 10, 2017
very fast paced environment which works well for me because I enjoy being active while working. friendly environment, have really enjoyed working there learning new techniques to improve my production rate and quality. super easy and personal oriented. the hardest part of the job would probable be staying awake since most of what you do is very repetitive however at the end of the day comes your reward when you see that you have packed twelve skids in an eight hour shift. lots of incentives and appreciation dinners!
Pros
plenty hours and overtime
Cons
short breaks
Fun workplace
Operater (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 13, 2017
The pay was good the hours were good it was easy to get along and make friend with other employees and work as a team overall a good experience if I had stable transportation would of liked to be there longer.
Pros
good people
Cons
short breaks
Not Great, Not Terrible
General Worker (Former Employee) –  Batavia, OHDecember 27, 2016
The work was repetitive, easy, and boring. Workers inspected and packed items off the lines. Lack of air conditioning in parts of the factory made it miserable, especially in the summer. Co-workers were nice and it was well managed. A lot of physical labor. I wouldn't recommend for people with back or knee issues.
Pros
People
Cons
No AC
The company is going through management changes
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 12, 2016
Unable to review at the moment, but in my previous employment there at PakLab the environment was great and fair, the plant manager took care of the people and treated everyone with respect
challenging work enviroment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Batavia, OHOctober 30, 2016
I like a challenge. I need a job that pushes my limitations and expects more of me than I expect from myself. PakLab trusted me to work harder than I ever thought possible. Every job is going to have its pros and cons but this job was worth every con.
Learned alot while working here
Team Member/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Batavia, OHAugust 8, 2016
Take it from someone who was a PakLab employee for 4 years..this is a hit or miss,you either like it there or you dont. Personally,I didn't think the work was that hard once you got used to it. I was a Team Member for 2 of those years,before I got promoted to be a Team Leader.Management first of all was awesome,sometimes it would seem like however you didn't feel like they listened to your concerns. One thing I did love about PakLab management,was that they have a zero tolerance for bullying and slacking off in the workplace. As long as you worked hard,were civil with other coworkers, and tried your best,then you were fine. When it came to training new workers how to pack on an assembly line,that was something the more experienced people (including myself),were asked to help assist with. All in all if you are thinking that you might be interested in working here,I would encourage it.
Pros
Plenty of overtime, awesome coworkers, weekly paychecks
Cons
20 minute lunches
Poor Working Environment
Planner/Buyer (Current Employee) –  Batavia, OHJune 7, 2016
Disorganized, poor pay, horrible health insurance, the integrity of the company is poor, they send out product under false pretense, management is disgruntled and works under a CYA pretense.
Pros
Hard working employees who take pride in their work
Cons
it's nothing more than a pay check
Productive Place
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAApril 4, 2016
i learned many different things about the company, from the products made , to how they are assembled. Gained experience in many different areas, from packing to labeling to making shipping tickets and many more.
productive work environment
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Batavia, OHJanuary 14, 2016
I typically in a work day weigh packs if needed, check the overall appearance of the packs produced. I pull samples for the customers. I have learned a lot in my three years there. I have learned what it takes to produce packages for customers. I know what a start of pack is and how to read it. I have amazing coworkers who have helped me become a better quality inspector. The hardest part of the job is not knowing when policies are going to change. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I make sure our customers don't receive bad product.
Pros
the satisfaction i feel at the end of the day
Cons
not getting promotions
horrible
laborer (Former Employee) –  Batavia, OHNovember 20, 2015
I worked at the one in batavia for 2 days that is all i could take the managment is so incompitent they do not give you proper instruction and when you mess up it is your fault do not work here.
Pros
money, close
Cons
everything
Accounts Receivable Collections
Accounts Receivable/Collections/Credit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Commack, NYMay 8, 2014
Timely collection of accounts receivable
Monitor and contact customers with balances approaching or exceeding 60 days
Follow up with customers and Company team members on payment status and billing issues
Investigate and resolve unauthorized deductions
Record the daily cash receipts and prepare bank deposits
Ensure billings are sent with supporting documents as necessary
Process returns timely and submit to the assistant controller for review and approval
Respond to customer inquiries in a timely, efficient, and customer focused manner.
Handle correspondence and communication with customers, other subsidiaries, and management to resolve billing and credit issues
Review and update customer credit limits
Process customer refunds when necessary
Maintain open communication with all departments
Complete month end tasks timely and accurately
Provide support to the finance department for audit requests
Do not work for this company
Packer (Former Employee) –  BataviaJuly 13, 2013
No benifits, poor management and an unsafe work envoirment. I work for Paklab batavia and the management had no clue what to do. The site manager held a meeting and told everyone if you do not like it, leave! He only came out to the production area when he had to and then would scream at people. The QC is a joke also, one day you pass something and then the next day you can't. Do not work for this company!!
Pros
Cons
Management, benifits
what a joke
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Orland, INApril 9, 2013
This place is headed downhill fast. If they are still open by next year I would be suprised. As a temporary employee I heard only complaints from full time employees about no raises bad benefits and unrealistic expectations from management. The main supervisor was a pysco criminal who went on child like fits of anger screaming, and yelling. On top of this I was being trained on the fastest machine by a total jerk with no patience.
Pros
one or two decent people out of about 20
Cons
almost everything
great place to work
temp. packaging technician,line leader (Former Employee) –  Orland, INMarch 3, 2013
i had great co-workers,great management,it was a joy to go o work everyday.
Cons
temp. service, let go because of lack of work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PakLab. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9