Pala Casino Spa & Resort Employee Reviews

Great Company
Guest Safey (Former Employee) –  Pala, CAJuly 25, 2016
Great company to work for. Great benefits and paid holidays.A lot of training and other benefits offered. Co-Workers are awesome
Pros
Free Lunch
Surveillance Operator
Surveillance Operator (Former Employee) –  Pala Reservation, CAJune 28, 2016
Fast paced and always something new. I enjoyed working for the Pala Casino. From the employees to the Casino guest was always a pleasure to work there. Great pay and benefits as well.
Pros
everything
Cons
Worst Place to work PERIOD.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pala, CAOctober 29, 2015
They never have enough staffing. The managers run around telling you, that you are an at will employee and can be fired whenever. They don't like keeping anyone past the year mark. They will slowly get rid of you. The work environment is terrible, it's like high school all over again. Everyone spreads rumors and everyone is banging everyone. Worst place to work. If you decide to work at a casino, i recommend it be a quick experience! job hunt the second you got that job.
Pros
Free lunches.
Temporary
Computer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pala, CAApril 1, 2015
It is a good in between job till you get the job you really wanted in the first place. Starting pay is $42,000 per year. It is best to not volunteer to do anything. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know people outside of the IT department.
Pros
free food and free parking
Cons
Management is very critical and does not have your back.
Job security minus the wages.
Guest Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Pala, CAMarch 22, 2015
Great work culture, below average pay. Free food while your working your shift. Often undermanned which put pressure on you and diminishes quality customer service.
Pros
Working with great people.
Cons
Undermanned and underpayed.
Fun work Environment, long term employement
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pala, CAAugust 8, 2014
The Department I work in is considered back of the house, this means your customers are your fellow team members, with the occasional assistance/interaction with a Guest. Depending on the department you work for will depend on the flow of your job function and the pace you work at. It is a 24 hour work environment for all employees regardless of the department. The Casino offers great benefits, employee incentives and also a Team Member lunch room that is open 24 hours. There are a lot of long term employees here, so your chance of employment over time is good and advancement , however this depends on your department for advancement.
Pros
Free Lunch, Benefits, most departments work with your for some hour adjustments
Cons
Beyond job duties acknowledgement is hit or miss, which teeters closer to a miss; Would like have better advancement, pay could be higher to match industry in the area
a very fun place to work!
Table Games Dealer/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pala, CAJuly 25, 2012
I loved my job! The hours were tough due to being on Graveyard (3am-11am) and I never got any holidays off but besides that, it was great! I worked there almost 6 years and I really learned a lot from many people, including my customers, co-workers and my managers. I loved working in customer service and I think that is where my personality is the most valuable!
Pros
we ate for free, sometimes got to leave early
Cons
too many employees with drama!
Fun workplace
Food & Beverage Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Pala, CAMarch 23, 2012
o Establishes and oversees standards of customer service and satisfaction
o Assign work to personnel and supervise their activities; review and evaluate their work and prepare performance appraisals including room service, Pala Café, High Limits Dining and team member dinning room (TDR)
o Assist work managers with troubleshooting situations. Respond to customer service issues and inquiries
o Line check - taste all food products checking for quality and that the products meet Pala Casino established standards.
o Office work - complete paperwork, daily reports, menu analysis, cost analysis and ordering products. Manage staff - including scheduling, employee counseling, PTO, training of personnel including performance review, constructive feedback and mentoring, administering the corrective action process
Great Property
Slots Tech Floor Mechanic / Bench Tech (Former Employee) –  11154 Highway 76 Pala CaliforniaDecember 27, 2011
This is my fisrt Casino Property (Opening) and was a great oportunity to have stated with one of the best, i met most of the tribal members at this property and they let me in as family.
very organized and repectfull of Team Members. .

I had great leaders training me and my co-workers on how to be successfull int the Casino Operations.

tony
Pros
benifits, pay, free meals, team members are very happy to assist others.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pala Casino Spa & Resort. Our community is ready to answer.

Pala Casino Spa & Resort Reviews by Location