Palantir was founded on the principal that we all have a responsibility to create a better world. At Palantir, we try to meet this responsibility by working on the hardest problems in the world. These are problems that are too big or require too much information for humans to solve alone; similarly, these problems are too sophisticated or too subtle to be effectively solved by computers alone. These problems require the uniquely powerful solution that is only possible when humans and computational systems work in concert. Many problems in the modern world have these qualities – from counter-terrorism to economic modeling – however, one thing these problems don’t always have is a financial interest in finding the solution. It is for this reason that Palantir Technologies, Inc. has created our philanthropic engineering team.
At the request of Palantir CEO, Dr. Alexander Karp, Palantir has created a team of full-time Pro Bono Engineers who focus all their time and effort in working on those hard problems that require solving even if those problems don’t actively benefit the Palantir bottom line. By combining our world-leading technology with our deep mission-driven desire, we believe that we really can make the world a better place one solution at a time. If you would like to be a part of this team, please contact us to tell us why.
- Provide direct support to a range of clients in the fields of conflict analysis, crisis response, investigative journalism, health IT, microfinances, environmental stewardship, serving veterans, and much more
- Meet with prospective customers, gather product and integration requirements, demonstrate various aspects of the platform, and ensure user adoption
- Communicate with the product and business development teams and document all work
- Construct demonstration scenarios and customer workflows
- Install and configure the product and handle unusual configurations
- Cover letter strongly preferred; please include examples of interesting projects you have worked on in the past, your analysis experience, and your technical aptitude
- BA/BS (MA/MS preferred) from a top university in Economics, International Relations, Engineering/CS, Sciences or Mathematics
- Technical know-how
- Experience conducting data analysis against a wide variety of subjects
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with technical and not technical personnel
- Ability to travel at least 25%
- Ability to write and understand code strongly preferred
- Familiarity with a Unix environment desired
Indeed - 8 months ago