Palermo Villa Inc., also known as Palermo's Pizza, has been making quality, Italian style pizzas for over 40 years. What began as a small ethnic bakery featuring authentic Italian pizza has become a leading name in the frozen pizza industry. Every Palermo's brand pizza is made by our dedicated Pizzaiolo’s, drawing on the founder's Italian roots and family recipes to achieve premium quality. Palermo Villa Inc. continues to be a leader in innovation in the pizza industry, developing new products and flavors that cater to consumer needs. Our mission is to deliver a great pizza experience.
Palermo's Pizza is currently seeking a 2nd shift Production Supervisor.
- Ensure proper staffing levels are maintained.
- Monitor production to be sure all products are produced to the established specifications and quality as set forth by Palermo’s.
- Record and keep proper levels of inventory and guard against excessive usage, theft, and obsolescence. Report inventory levels as required to the Plant Manager.
- Insure all sanitation procedures have been completed on a timely basis and that all guidelines fro USDA and Palermo’s are upheld, for both Plant and grounds.
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reports as directed.
- Conduct the orientation and training of all rules, regulations, and job responsibilities.
- Assist in all departments to keep efficiency up, train, and to insure proper methods are followed.
- Secure building when necessary, ensuring all freezers, coolers, etc. are secure before leaving.
- Assist in the coordination and planning of any of the company events.
- Supervise the daily activities of the associates in the department.
- Evaluate and counsel employees to achieve desired performance and take disciplinary measures with any associates not doing so, following the established guidelines up to recommending termination.
Safety and Health
- Conduct regular work site reviews to assure that associates are working in a safe and proper manner and that personal protective equipment is being worn.
- Monitor the condition of all machinery and equipment in the department. Notify the maintenance department of any needed repairs and maintenance, making sure the work is completed in a timely manner.
- In the event of an accident or injury, investigate the accident and prepare the necessary reports as directed.
- Enforce the rules and regulations of Palermo Villa, Inc., USDA, and OSHA as set forth in the respective manuals or documents.
- Maintain accurate records for associate attendance histories, disciplinary actions, promotions, etc.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Stress and time management skills.
- Manufacturing experience, food industry experience required, frozen food a plus.
- Ability to problem solve effectively and efficiently.
- Effective oral and written communication, bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent
- Secondary education generally equivalent to two years of college with course work in processing or management is preferred.
- Two to five years related experience
Indeed - 18 months ago