Pali Momi Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent Healthcare organization
Director of Case Management (Current Employee) –  ‘Aiea, HINovember 9, 2015
Top healthcare system in Hawaii. Forward thinking and patient centered culture. Strong senior leadership. Excellent strategic planning.
Pros
Wonderful leadership and vision
Cons
Few to no opportunities to advance my career in my area of specialty.
Small Hospital
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  HIFebruary 7, 2015
I work in the OR of Pali Momi as a Sterilization Technician. This small seven OR hospital is a good place to work. The out pouring of support my wife and I received when we had out twins was truly hear warming. The pay and benefits are good and have used the ER as a patient and have gotten excellent care.

Even though this hospital is part of a wider four hospital system there doesn't seem to be a lot of room for advancement. I will have to look outside the system for my next job. I don't want to leave, but I want to be a manager sooner than later.
Pros
good pay, good benefits, good co-workers, my immediate supervisor is awesome
Cons
small, inconsistent case volume, 40 hours per week not guaranteed, prefers local candidates for management positions
The night shift staff work well together providing support with one another to ensure the best and safest care possible to all our patients
RN Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  ‘Aiea, HIOctober 14, 2014
My time as the Nursing Supervisor was rewarding and a positive life change. I am always learning something new to improve patient care and with that try to implement , embrace, and encourage staff to do the same. My responsibilities are often challenging and can be frustrating. As a result I am able to become a strong patient advocate with assertive tendencies to ensure all patients that we take care deserve the best and safest care possible. I am well respected among my co-workers and they don't see me as someone who is unapproachable. Instead, they are able to talk and share with me issues that we all can work on together to promote not only patient but also job satisfaction. Working well as a team is a plus at Pali Momi, a must have is communication within the healthcare delivery system so that a consistent practice of medical and nursing care is maintained.
Pros
administration tries to encourage staff satisfaction and morale with a variety of activities
Cons
floor managers don't keep their staff members in the loop, regarding changes occurring in house, and on their floors
na
Registered Nurse, Telemetry Trained (Current Employee) –  medsurgSeptember 12, 2014
The New Grad Residency program is a high quality learning opportunity.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Great hospital, great employer
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  ‘Aiea, HIJuly 31, 2013
Really enjoy working for Pali Momi. I talk to patients every day who love this place, and love the staff. The culture focuses on treating patients as family, and providing excellent care. We use Epic for our EMR, it's a great system! The hospital has been stressed for the last few years with a big increase in patient load due to other facilities closing, but the management, physicians and staff have worked together to meet the challenge. The ED is the best,even their waiting room is staffed with an RN, greeters, and technicians to manage the heavy flow of patients.
producive worker and gretter
gretter (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 25, 2013
I like to socialize with other people, I like to watch sporxts, basketball, volleyball,baseball, football. A typical day for me is keeping things clean around my house, go the windward mall and talk to friends and talk to people at the store. I am currently retired at Hawai'i state Hospital, I helped and communitcated with the patients and i was also a truck driver. I had also worked at Leahi Hospital Hali Mohalu, Kalapapa transport pateints from airport to all hospital. i worked there for 10 years.
Productive, Family-Oriented, Fun and Loving Environment
Clinical / Administrative Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aiea, HawaiiOctober 22, 2012
The medical office was fun, interesting, and loving environment. I've learned to become a better employee by serving quality care to the patients. The staff has been great from opening to closing office hours; meaning we all work as a TEAM. I enjoyed working for a medical office and I miss the workflow and the relationship with the staff and patients.
Pros
free lunches given by drug representatives; everyday meetings.
Cons
the computer systems will be out of system (sometimes) which effects the flow of the office.
Professional place to be
Medical Staff Office Admionistrative Secretary (Current Employee) –  Aiea HawaiiJanuary 25, 2012
PMMC is a very nice place to be employed by. The people here are so friendly and curteous to one another. Working with the physicians here is a breath of fresh air.
Pros
close to home, no traffic, great people
Cons
parking

4.4