Pall Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

management is clueless.
machinist (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYNovember 18, 2015
Typical manufacturing shop. good group of guys, some worked, some slept. Management restructured often, which left everyone running around cause no one knew anything. Promised training to advance and increase pay, never happened. Boss had his favorites, and was a slug.
Pros
great pay, benefits.
Cons
no "proper" training, was never getting off 3rd
Annual raises are pathetic: around 1%
Senior Associate Scientist (Current Employee) –  Port Washington, NYJuly 20, 2015
Annual raises are measley and it doesn't matter if you slack off or work hard. They are the same for just about everyone.

They give you a "promotion" by changing your title and increasing the work load with hardly any pay increase.

Help me get out of here!
Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Port Washington, NYMay 18, 2015
Business is business Pall Corporation is a outstanding Corporation.
Long working hours for everyone but overtime is a plus unless you are salary based.
I learned we have great hard working people in great places.
My coworkers are one of the greatest part of working at Pall.
The hardest part of the job is working long hours for overtime to make what is annually promised to me, which leaves me with no life balance.
The most enjoyable part of the job is to hear my supervisors complimenting my hard work and dedication does not go unnoticed.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Need to know basis, trend of terminating employees at the end of day, after work is completed on Friday.
Shipping & Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Deland, FLAugust 24, 2015
Great place to work. I learned a lot of skills that will help me with my future. Management team communicates well, but could be better with the directives.
Benefits
Cons
short breaks
Good overall working environment
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Port Washington, NYMarch 23, 2015
Pall Corporation demands a professional work environment, and it's employees largely adhere to these standards willingly. Work amenities are well above-average. Stock program, 401k, Health Benefits are all high quality.

There has been an ongoing organizational restructure for the past three years which makes nearly every employee's position transient. The nature of a transitional environment leads to job insecurity, and issues adhering to long-term organizational goals. This has subsequently hurt the creation of a true team-oriented work environment, due to employee's fears of losing their own occupations, and the revolving-door nature of the organizational charts.
Pros
professionalism
Cons
job security
Their training leaves a lot to be desired
Customer Service Representative (temporary) (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, NYMay 9, 2016
Purging previous years' invoices to make room for the current years' invoices, placing purged invoices in alpha/numeric order, placing them in the archives. Training for SAT was sporadic, some coworkers were memorable.
Pros
not constantly sitting
Cons
bad training program
A Joke! RUN!
Assembler A (Former Employee) –  New Port RicheyMay 21, 2015
This Place is a Joke! They only hire people without experience. A typical work day is watching everyone walk around and gossip. you are not trained properly. Management have their favorites, and have no idea what they are doing. Co-workers are Phony. The hardest part of the job was not getting rewarded for your hard work. The most enjoyable part of the job was the day I left. Well since they just sold the place I'm sure it will not last to much longer. Good Luck!
Benefits
Cons
Everything!!!!
Great workplace
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYSeptember 30, 2015
Worked as a shipping/receiving clerk and learned more of receiving/shipping process. Management worked well with its co-workers. Co-workers worked well together as a team. Most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers.
Any Port Washington job is just temporary employment
Finance (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, NYDecember 16, 2014
CEO is only driven by greed and power as he off-shore jobs, crashes the economy and every week sends more employees to the unemployment line. The longer you have been there the more at risk you are. Benefits may sound good but even new employees are ushered out before they can be vested. Stock price and savings to the bottom line are all that matter to Pall.

High level employees are leaving as the writing on the wall becomes clearer every day. Even the CFO did not last two years - he offshored the US based Accounting / Finance jobs so can now collect his big bonus for 'restructuring' and head back to his previous employer.

If you are just looking for a paycheck and long hours, low moral and backstabbing does not matter then Pall may be a good starting point. Don't bring to many personal items with you as it will only take you longer to pack when you get the boot ......
Pros
holiday shutdown - if you are there long enough to enjoy it.
Cons
work / life balance, building is for rent as mgmt is closing the ny location, employees just waiting their turn to be laid off, terrible work atmosphere.
Fun Learning Environment
QA/QC Biologist (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAMay 10, 2016
Pall gave me the opportunity to enter the Quality Control Career and working with great team members I was able to acquire skills to further my career.
Pros
Great Team Work
Productive enviornment
Set Up/Operator (Manufacturing) (Former Employee) –  Deland, FLApril 28, 2015
Fast pace work with heavy machines that curragate pleats in materials to develops industrial filters. Worked with a great group of people. The management style was open and flexible to all. The hardest part of the day was during inventory checks and the most enjoyable part was when inventory check was completed.
Pros
Greats friends and benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Teams are small but very focused and productive
Senior Research Scientist (Current Employee) –  Port WashingtonJuly 19, 2015
I develop new membranes or methods out of new materials. In this work, high inventive and technical skills are necessary combined with quick adaption to problems. Additionally, collaboration between groups (chemistry/development) is essential.
Critical thinking and time management are important to decide when a research idea is not feasible.
Avoid PALL Aeropower In New Port Richey, FL !!!
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLMay 22, 2013
You have to be desperate to work at this site. Management has been trained to threaten employees. Has good ole boys (dead wood) in mid to upper levels in all departments that stay there forever. They don't do their jobs on time, so everyone under them are under high pressure to meet the contract deadlines. Results in mass overtime with no extra pay (exempt), threats from management that you'll get fired, false promises, no advancement cause dead wood has clogged system, no real raises, no respect. Do not try to make a career at this PALL site. Stay until you get some experience and move on like everyone else.
Pros
there are no pros.
Cons
management has been trained to threaten employees.
Good Benefits/Compensation, Heavy on Politics/Cut-throat
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 15, 2012
Very large corporation with deep pockets - as such, salaries are good and benefits can be generous, they even have a retirement benefit in addition to a 401K. On the downside, the company is riddled with company politics. People can be pushy and cut-throat - especially managers. Layoffs and firings are not uncommon. You must be political to progress up the higher ranks.
Pros
good pay, good medical benefits, 401k with matching, stock purchase program, retirement plan similar to a pension
Cons
highly political environment, job security
Great company to learn on your own and grow
Bean Counter (Current Employee) –  Port Washington, NYJuly 5, 2015
Pall is a good place to work if you are self sufficient and are able to understand dynamics. Not sure what lies ahead for Pall but I suppose it could be good for some. They have a great work/life balance as long as you do your job.
Pros
I have a good boss
The work was not bad but the day to day non sense was crazy
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  IndianaOctober 11, 2015
The Job was not that bad but everything was built in house. No parts were ever there.. most of the stuff was made in house and still not on the shelf..
Pros
Scheduling was good lots of time off
Cons
You needed the time off to clear your head
Pay is ok, no advancement
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLJanuary 7, 2015
Pay is ok, however people are always worried being fired for anything wrong. Lots of mandatory overtime, whether you like it or not, you HAVE to be there or you'll be looking for another job soon. Just go in and do your job and that's it. Don't suggest anything, don't try to change anything, don't say anything, they do not like it.
Pros
not many
Cons
military style management
Mandatory overtime and loss of Christmas shutdown.
Operator (Former Employee) –  HauppaugeMay 1, 2015
If all you want is mandatory overtime and loss of winter shutdown due to management keeping an impossible production schedule. Then this is the place for you. I have never been in a company that thought so badly of management, that the day I started training I was told to run as fast as I can and never look back.
Pros
Winter summer shutdown. Joking
Cons
Schedule is a joke.
Team player, Self motivated, Responsible, my strenghth is puntuality and attendance to the workplace
QA/QC Technician. (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 8, 2013
It starts getting early to my work place to make time to greed my fellow co-workers and catch up the work load of the day from the previous shift, then starting focusing on the duties of the day.
I learned that when a person works with a strong professional team of co-workers, a work day is more productive and better incentives for the company that you work for, as well as better pride of what you do.
The greatness of management is the KEY player for the success of any business to progressively take the company in the next level in the market place.
I have a strong believe in the respect that I have to show for my Co-workers to create a positive and productive relationship to make the work place your second home.
The hardest part of the job is not to get the resources to perform it to the maximum of my capabilities.
Get the most out of each employee to raise the company to the highest standards and Specifications for each product that goes out to the customer to stay in the strong side of competition.
Pros
good personal, family and health care benefits as well as retirment plans.
Cons
we only had one 10 minutes break time and half-hour for lunch; shift schedules changing very often.
Pall Corporation
HR Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 17, 2013
Typical day in troubleshooting system errors, running HR reports, management of HR data Entry in HCM, Kronos, and DSI. Making badges

I have learned to be more proficient in HCM, Kronos, DSI, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, & Microsoft Publisher. I have also learned to troubleshoot problems that may occur for employees. I have mastered phone skills. I have managed travel for recruits & consultants.

Most of the co-workers are great.

Hardest part of job is managing many tasks and not having enough time to complete them all.

Again the most enjoyable part of the job is the people.
Pros
the people
Cons
benefits are paid partial; my site is closing down, and not enough pay.