Pall Corporation Employee Reviews

It was well structured and room to expend my skills
Microbiology Lab Analyst (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, NYOctober 27, 2016
I worked in a microbiology lab where where i validated drugs from pharmaceutical companies for their antibacterial properties. I learned more about microbiology lab than i did in college. I partook in interviews and building the team for the lab. The dynamic between myself and my coworkers facilitated the completion of our assignments. Hardest part of the job is meeting the time framed that has been put in placed while trying to validate a drug that became unpredictable. I enjoyed the company of my coworkers on and off work.
Pros
offer payment for school while working
Cons
room for growth was slow
Lack of Leadership/Port Washington
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, NYSeptember 23, 2016
Worked part time for this company. Rude and unprofessional. No respect between employees and management. Employees have no respect for each other. Employees do what they want! Needs Management to step up to the plate and Manager each department. HR really needs to get involved and resolve many issues.
Stay Away
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLAugust 18, 2016
Micro Managed by a bully, my advice is stay far away until they figure out he is the problem - people don't quit the company they quit the manager and this guy is why I quit along with a ton of other managers.
Pros
Knowledge of the every day worker.
Cons
VP of Global Operations - a bully!
Pay is good but could be better.
Microbiology Laboratory Scientist I (Former Employee) –  Port whashington, NYOctober 2, 2016
company is good. pay is good. people are good. management should be little better. the overtaking of Danaher is bad, its making people loose job. Pay is good but could be better.
Their training leaves a lot to be desired
Customer Service Representative (temporary) (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, NYMay 9, 2016
Purging previous years' invoices to make room for the current years' invoices, placing purged invoices in alpha/numeric order, placing them in the archives. Training for SAT was sporadic, some coworkers were memorable.
Pros
not constantly sitting
Cons
bad training program
enough work to last you threw the night
Extruder Operator (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MD 21093June 20, 2016
There was plenty of work to keep you busy threw the night. Co-workers were enjoyable to be around. Management was exceptional. Plenty of hours to get over time.
Pros
overtime
Cons
conflict with personal interest
Very Diverse Company
SENIOR SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Port Washington, NYJune 28, 2016
Tight Security at the compound
Learned about the Japanese culture, Workshops provided to help you get acclimated to the environment
Sales and Marketing training
Nice company to work for
Fun Learning Environment
QA/QC Biologist (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAMay 10, 2016
Pall gave me the opportunity to enter the Quality Control Career and working with great team members I was able to acquire skills to further my career.
Pros
Great Team Work
management is clueless.
machinist (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYNovember 18, 2015
Typical manufacturing shop. good group of guys, some worked, some slept. Management restructured often, which left everyone running around cause no one knew anything. Promised training to advance and increase pay, never happened. Boss had his favorites, and was a slug.
Pros
great pay, benefits.
Cons
no "proper" training, was never getting off 3rd
The work was not bad but the day to day non sense was crazy
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  IndianaOctober 11, 2015
The Job was not that bad but everything was built in house. No parts were ever there.. most of the stuff was made in house and still not on the shelf..
Pros
Scheduling was good lots of time off
Cons
You needed the time off to clear your head
Teams are small but very focused and productive
Senior Research Scientist (Current Employee) –  Port WashingtonJuly 19, 2015
I develop new membranes or methods out of new materials. In this work, high inventive and technical skills are necessary combined with quick adaption to problems. Additionally, collaboration between groups (chemistry/development) is essential.
Critical thinking and time management are important to decide when a research idea is not feasible.
Great workplace
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYSeptember 30, 2015
Worked as a shipping/receiving clerk and learned more of receiving/shipping process. Management worked well with its co-workers. Co-workers worked well together as a team. Most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers.
A Joke! RUN!
Assembler A (Former Employee) –  New Port RicheyMay 21, 2015
This Place is a Joke! They only hire people without experience. A typical work day is watching everyone walk around and gossip. you are not trained properly. Management have their favorites, and have no idea what they are doing. Co-workers are Phony. The hardest part of the job was not getting rewarded for your hard work. The most enjoyable part of the job was the day I left. Well since they just sold the place I'm sure it will not last to much longer. Good Luck!
Benefits
Cons
Everything!!!!
Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Port Washington, NYMay 18, 2015
Business is business Pall Corporation is a outstanding Corporation.
Long working hours for everyone but overtime is a plus unless you are salary based.
I learned we have great hard working people in great places.
My coworkers are one of the greatest part of working at Pall.
The hardest part of the job is working long hours for overtime to make what is annually promised to me, which leaves me with no life balance.
The most enjoyable part of the job is to hear my supervisors complimenting my hard work and dedication does not go unnoticed.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Need to know basis, trend of terminating employees at the end of day, after work is completed on Friday.
Mandatory overtime and loss of Christmas shutdown.
Operator (Former Employee) –  HauppaugeMay 1, 2015
If all you want is mandatory overtime and loss of winter shutdown due to management keeping an impossible production schedule. Then this is the place for you. I have never been in a company that thought so badly of management, that the day I started training I was told to run as fast as I can and never look back.
Pros
Winter summer shutdown. Joking
Cons
Schedule is a joke.
Annual raises are pathetic: around 1%
Senior Associate Scientist (Current Employee) –  Port Washington, NYJuly 20, 2015
Annual raises are measley and it doesn't matter if you slack off or work hard. They are the same for just about everyone.

They give you a "promotion" by changing your title and increasing the work load with hardly any pay increase.

Help me get out of here!
Productive enviornment
Set Up/Operator (Manufacturing) (Former Employee) –  Deland, FLApril 28, 2015
Fast pace work with heavy machines that curragate pleats in materials to develops industrial filters. Worked with a great group of people. The management style was open and flexible to all. The hardest part of the day was during inventory checks and the most enjoyable part was when inventory check was completed.
Pros
Greats friends and benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Great Environment, Fostering Creativity and Professional Advancement
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  Port Washington, NYMarch 23, 2015
The Port Washington site is an amazing facility. Both the people and the architecture are continually inspiring creative thinking. Engineers and scientists are continually encouraged to generate ideas for inventions as part of performance reviews and all ideas are considered in making products that wow customers. Overall, it is a great company for the advancing engineer.
Pros
Port Washington site has a great cafeteria & gym
Cons
Travel required for my position is 25-50%
Good overall working environment
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Port Washington, NYMarch 23, 2015
Pall Corporation demands a professional work environment, and it's employees largely adhere to these standards willingly. Work amenities are well above-average. Stock program, 401k, Health Benefits are all high quality.

There has been an ongoing organizational restructure for the past three years which makes nearly every employee's position transient. The nature of a transitional environment leads to job insecurity, and issues adhering to long-term organizational goals. This has subsequently hurt the creation of a true team-oriented work environment, due to employee's fears of losing their own occupations, and the revolving-door nature of the organizational charts.
Pros
Professionalism
Cons
Job Security
Great company to learn on your own and grow
Bean Counter (Current Employee) –  Port Washington, NYJuly 5, 2015
Pall is a good place to work if you are self sufficient and are able to understand dynamics. Not sure what lies ahead for Pall but I suppose it could be good for some. They have a great work/life balance as long as you do your job.
Pros
I have a good boss

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pall Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7