Pall Corporation Employee Reviews

Not the worst place but not the best place
Production Employee (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 1, 2017
There is a lack of management in the entire company. Employees are rude to one another and the work place is somewhat hostile. There is too much gossip and way too much favoritism. The work hours are long and overtime is mandatory. There is little to no room for advancement. The medical benefits are good but the raises are minimal. Pay is very low here and the management is top heavy.
Benefits
Cons
No advancement Raises are too low
Fun
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cortland, NYJanuary 11, 2017
Lots of traveling and changes. Communications could improve but overall the Management team was relatively good to work with. Time off and benefits package were comparable.
It was well structured and room to expend my skills
Microbiology Lab Analyst (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, NYOctober 27, 2016
I worked in a microbiology lab where where i validated drugs from pharmaceutical companies for their antibacterial properties. I learned more about microbiology lab than i did in college. I partook in interviews and building the team for the lab. The dynamic between myself and my coworkers facilitated the completion of our assignments. Hardest part of the job is meeting the time framed that has been put in placed while trying to validate a drug that became unpredictable. I enjoyed the company of my coworkers on and off work.
Pros
offer payment for school while working
Cons
room for growth was slow
Pay is good but could be better.
Microbiology Laboratory Scientist I (Former Employee) –  Port whashington, NYOctober 2, 2016
company is good. pay is good. people are good. management should be little better. the overtaking of Danaher is bad, its making people loose job. Pay is good but could be better.
Daily
Team Leader / Operator (Current Employee) –  Cortland, NYJanuary 15, 2017
Under new management and there are a lot of changes going on. It seems like we are just a number.
I love working with people, quality problems, safety concerns, getting customer orders out on time.
The hardest part of the job is short lead times with no in house materials
Lack of Leadership/Port Washington
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, NYSeptember 23, 2016
Worked part time for this company. Rude and unprofessional. No respect between employees and management. Employees have no respect for each other. Employees do what they want! Needs Management to step up to the plate and Manager each department. HR really needs to get involved and resolve many issues.
management is clueless.
machinist (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYNovember 18, 2015
Typical manufacturing shop. good group of guys, some worked, some slept. Management restructured often, which left everyone running around cause no one knew anything. Promised training to advance and increase pay, never happened. Boss had his favorites, and was a slug.
Pros
great pay, benefits.
Cons
no "proper" training, was never getting off 3rd
Hostile workplace
Deburrer (Current Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLDecember 28, 2016
Hostile workplace. Only concerned about share holders, machines are out dated, and in disrepair. Safety violations are regularly ignored. Holiday vacations revoked. Mandatory overtime. A rotten place to work, with no future.
Pros
Paycheck
Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Port Washington, NYMay 18, 2015
Business is business Pall Corporation is a outstanding Corporation.
Long working hours for everyone but overtime is a plus unless you are salary based.
I learned we have great hard working people in great places.
My coworkers are one of the greatest part of working at Pall.
The hardest part of the job is working long hours for overtime to make what is annually promised to me, which leaves me with no life balance.
The most enjoyable part of the job is to hear my supervisors complimenting my hard work and dedication does not go unnoticed.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Need to know basis, trend of terminating employees at the end of day, after work is completed on Friday.
pall corp
Operator 2 (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYDecember 7, 2016
a typical work day consists of testing and sampling all of the produced material followed by detailed data entry. hours wold be anywhere from 10 -12 hours and Saturdays.
Pros
hour break
Cons
work load
Good overall working environment
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Port Washington, NYMarch 23, 2015
Pall Corporation demands a professional work environment, and it's employees largely adhere to these standards willingly. Work amenities are well above-average. Stock program, 401k, Health Benefits are all high quality.

There has been an ongoing organizational restructure for the past three years which makes nearly every employee's position transient. The nature of a transitional environment leads to job insecurity, and issues adhering to long-term organizational goals. This has subsequently hurt the creation of a true team-oriented work environment, due to employee's fears of losing their own occupations, and the revolving-door nature of the organizational charts.
Pros
Professionalism
Cons
Job Security
Stay Away
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLAugust 18, 2016
Micro Managed by a bully, my advice is stay far away until they figure out he is the problem - people don't quit the company they quit the manager and this guy is why I quit along with a ton of other managers.
Pros
Knowledge of the every day worker.
Cons
VP of Global Operations - a bully!
Avoid PALL Aeropower In New Port Richey, FL !!!
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLMay 22, 2013
You have to be desperate to work at this site. Management has been trained to threaten employees. Has good ole boys (dead wood) in mid to upper levels in all departments that stay there forever. They don't do their jobs on time, so everyone under them are under high pressure to meet the contract deadlines. Results in mass overtime with no extra pay (exempt), threats from management that you'll get fired, false promises, no advancement cause dead wood has clogged system, no real raises, no respect. Do not try to make a career at this PALL site. Stay until you get some experience and move on like everyone else.
Pros
There are no Pros.
Cons
Management has been trained to threaten employees.
enough work to last you threw the night
Extruder Operator (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MD 21093June 20, 2016
There was plenty of work to keep you busy threw the night. Co-workers were enjoyable to be around. Management was exceptional. Plenty of hours to get over time.
Pros
overtime
Cons
conflict with personal interest
Any Port Washington job is just temporary employment
Finance (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, NYDecember 16, 2014
CEO is only driven by greed and power as he off-shore jobs, crashes the economy and every week sends more employees to the unemployment line. The longer you have been there the more at risk you are. Benefits may sound good but even new employees are ushered out before they can be vested. Stock price and savings to the bottom line are all that matter to Pall.

High level employees are leaving as the writing on the wall becomes clearer every day. Even the CFO did not last two years - he offshored the US based Accounting / Finance jobs so can now collect his big bonus for 'restructuring' and head back to his previous employer.

If you are just looking for a paycheck and long hours, low moral and backstabbing does not matter then Pall may be a good starting point. Don't bring to many personal items with you as it will only take you longer to pack when you get the boot ......
Pros
Holiday shutdown - if you are there long enough to enjoy it.
Cons
Work / life balance, building is for rent as mgmt is closing the NY location, employees just waiting their turn to be laid off, terrible work atmosphere.
Better Off Somewhere Else
Corporate Joe (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, NYJuly 12, 2012
I am only rating the company a 2 out of 5 as most of my other companies have been far more enjoyable.

The only really good things are that no one works late there and you get the last week in December paid vacation plus 2 weeks per year starting. Otherwise expect only 2% or less raise each year and similar size bonus.

Promotions take 15 years or more to get regardless of how hard you work.

The managers I have been under there were some of the poorest examples of leaders I have seen in my entire 22 year career.

Unless you are just starting right out of college and need to get your feet wet don't bother with this place.
Pros
everyone leaves by 5
Cons
don't expect to ever get promoted there
Pall Corporation
HR Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 17, 2013
Typical day in troubleshooting system errors, running HR reports, management of HR data Entry in HCM, Kronos, and DSI. Making badges

I have learned to be more proficient in HCM, Kronos, DSI, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, & Microsoft Publisher. I have also learned to troubleshoot problems that may occur for employees. I have mastered phone skills. I have managed travel for recruits & consultants.

Most of the co-workers are great.

Hardest part of job is managing many tasks and not having enough time to complete them all.

Again the most enjoyable part of the job is the people.
Pros
the people
Cons
Benefits are paid partial; my site is closing down, and not enough pay.
A Joke! RUN!
Assembler A (Former Employee) –  New Port RicheyMay 21, 2015
This Place is a Joke! They only hire people without experience. A typical work day is watching everyone walk around and gossip. you are not trained properly. Management have their favorites, and have no idea what they are doing. Co-workers are Phony. The hardest part of the job was not getting rewarded for your hard work. The most enjoyable part of the job was the day I left. Well since they just sold the place I'm sure it will not last to much longer. Good Luck!
Benefits
Cons
Everything!!!!
Good Benefits/Compensation, Heavy on Politics/Cut-throat
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 15, 2012
Very large corporation with deep pockets - as such, salaries are good and benefits can be generous, they even have a retirement benefit in addition to a 401K. On the downside, the company is riddled with company politics. People can be pushy and cut-throat - especially managers. Layoffs and firings are not uncommon. You must be political to progress up the higher ranks.
Pros
good pay, good medical benefits, 401k with matching, stock purchase program, retirement plan similar to a pension
Cons
highly political environment, job security
Annual raises are pathetic: around 1%
Senior Associate Scientist (Current Employee) –  Port Washington, NYJuly 20, 2015
Annual raises are measley and it doesn't matter if you slack off or work hard. They are the same for just about everyone.

They give you a "promotion" by changing your title and increasing the work load with hardly any pay increase.

Help me get out of here!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pall Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6