Pall Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Pay is ok, no advancement
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLJanuary 7, 2015
Pay is ok, however people are always worried being fired for anything wrong. Lots of mandatory overtime, whether you like it or not, you HAVE to be there or you'll be looking for another job soon. Just go in and do your job and that's it. Don't suggest anything, don't try to change anything, don't say anything, they do not like it.
Pros
not many
Cons
military style management
Driven company
Regional Service and Spares Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYJuly 8, 2013
Clear sales goals for growth, overall consistent plans. Opportunities for growth. Great sales teams.
Pros
career growth, business travel, good salary
Cons
restructured too frequently, inconsistent management policies outside of sales dept., lack of strong customer service committment.
Terrible experience toward the end!
Microbiology Lab Analyst (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, NYApril 2, 2013
I was let go after 2 months after being told that the position I was hold was a contract position for 6+ months. I followed the rules, performed exceptionally and they still let me go with even telling me face to face. I had to find out from the agency that they could not "afford to keep me around any more".

Co workers where find just did not like the fact that I did not get a heads up about my having to leave.
Pros
co workers
Cons
commute, management, salary
The work was not bad but the day to day non sense was crazy
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  IndianaOctober 11, 2015
The Job was not that bad but everything was built in house. No parts were ever there.. most of the stuff was made in house and still not on the shelf..
Pros
Scheduling was good lots of time off
Cons
You needed the time off to clear your head
Mandatory overtime and loss of Christmas shutdown.
Operator (Former Employee) –  HauppaugeMay 1, 2015
If all you want is mandatory overtime and loss of winter shutdown due to management keeping an impossible production schedule. Then this is the place for you. I have never been in a company that thought so badly of management, that the day I started training I was told to run as fast as I can and never look back.
Pros
Winter summer shutdown. Joking
Cons
Schedule is a joke.
Great place and great employees
Inventory Contol Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLDecember 22, 2014
I had the pleasure of working here for 17 years. We had a strong work team and I enjoyed going to work everyday. The benefits were outstanding and the work ethic and moral was very good.
Pros
the benefits, the stability and the employees
Cons
turnover of management
works to help investors it seems
n/a (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIApril 4, 2012
It seems like their bottom line is much more important than employees. They have a heavy review process to determine if you deserve the small bonus they offer and is almost to the point that you feel your job is constantly in jeopardy. Since they axed our entire department after a year of record profits, I would say that is the case as well.
Pros
everyone gets an office, semi-loose hours, good benefits
Cons
job security obviously not good, it lockdown
Good Place to Work
Senior Buyer (Current Employee) –  Deland, FLSeptember 26, 2015
Good team with a tenured work force. Good Employee morale. Senior Leadership is very involved in day to day operations.
Pros
Good Team
Cons
Weather
Intense yet rewarding
New Port Richey Florida (Former Employee) –  Operations ManagerNovember 4, 2011
PALL was a wonderfull company to work for and I would be willing to work there again however the management attitude needs to change. You can drive change without having people fear you. That in itself would make PALL a much better place to work.
Pros
great people with much talent
Cons
job security, at all levels.
Not what it used to be
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, NYSeptember 5, 2015
Heard so many nice things about what the company USED to do for their employees.. Unfortunately, those days are long gone....
Pros
Brand name recognition
Cons
Better days are long gone
Workload and resonsibilities were very heavy requiring much overtime. Finance department staff of 2 covered all Accounting. Compensation was good.
Cost Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYFebruary 5, 2014
Reviewed workorder variances, monitored scrap, earned labor hours, costed new products, and attended daily manufacturing meetings.
Learned about many applications available from SAP software. Also, employed many visual factory elements using SPC.
Reported directly to the site controller while also keeping the plant manager informed.
Co-workers were easy to work with, although many were burdened with multiple responsibilities.
The most difficult task was to keep up to date with the financial needs and deadlines in a 2 person department.
Pros
compensation was good, and additional training was available.
Cons
workload was heavy and stress levels were high.
Good people to work with. Factory closing and moving to new location.
Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 6, 2013
Review previous days production and adjusted schedule to compensate for missed production targets. Worked on 4 week rolling sales orders to identify missing components. In 14 months helped reduce past due orders from $5 million to $0 past due. Management was nice but became "split" as half of the factory (industrial side) was moving to a different location as the Aerospace side. My co-workers were great, made the last few weeks ok as fellow associates were being transferred or released. Hardest part of the job was starting for the company that was new to SAP and did not have any training or procedures for the planning position I took over. Most enjoyable part was helping to reduce past due orders from over $5 million to $0 past due.
Knowledgable workstaff. Management continually changing.
Global Category Manager/Regional Category Manager (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FloridaJuly 18, 2013
Good advancement opportunitites. Last several years the company has undergone several management changes which has taken a toll on the work force. Lack a sustainable direction.
the environment is very clean and organized
Manufacturing Associate II (Current Employee) –  2118 greenspring drive timonuimJuly 10, 2014
I produce and package filters for an on demand process for customers. Using a production order designed with customer qualifications and specifications for the type of filters they need.
I learned how to operate a extrusion machine and use a pc to recover production orders from the applications provided. My co-workers all work in a team effect to provide quality filters to customers. The hardest part of this job is no modernize machinery. The most enjoyable part of the job is the employee programs they offer.
Pros
christmas parties, and programs
Cons
no good benefits
Good Pay
Filter Line Setup CL1 (Current Employee) –  Cortland, NYMarch 27, 2015
The pay is pretty good, but the management is terrible. Everything is military style with dictator leadership. The actual job is great. I do like the work, although sometimes it can get repetitive.
Pros
Pay
A decent place to work
Director of Quality Systems Validation (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, NYAugust 11, 2015
Company allows employees to work from home
Good holiday/vacation time
Most co workers are helpful and pleasant to work with
Productive and Innovative Work Environment
Field Service Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Cortland, NYAugust 15, 2012
Pall has been a strong and positive place to work. I have sharpened my personal and external management skills here as well as learned how to navigate SAP. The employees here at Pall are the most welcoming people I have ever worked with. The hardest part of my job has been transitioning between its ever-changing nature. The most enjoyable part has been the support I have received from its employees.
Pros
innovative, pall also listens to its employees concerns.
Cons
pall is a big corporation and as with any corporation, certain things get overlooked or don't get a second look.
Abyssmal
N/a (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, NYJuly 10, 2012
Horrible place to work. I equate it with serving a prison term. Management beaurocracy does not allow for advancement. Very low pay. Motto of a former manager; "make everyone else look bad to get ahead". That says it all.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
everything
n/a
Industrial Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAJuly 13, 2015
It was a great company and I was able to move forward while gaining financial security. It was enjoyable and a pleasant experience.
dynamic coporate environment
Quality Specialist (Former Employee) –  port washington, nyAugust 27, 2012
The corporation is well organized with a management structure that is focused on innovation, market segment development/advancement a customer satisfaction

2.7