Palm Beach Atlantic University Employee Reviews

Very pleasant place to work
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 15, 2017
I teach two days per week in the Graduate Psychology Program. Each class is from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm. The classes are interactive and so there is usually something to learn from students. It is very pleasant to work with my supervisor. The school is a private christian university and as such, christian values are adhere to. It is not easy going home at 10:00 in the night. However, I truly enjoy interacting with my students.
Pros
As long as the sylabus is adhere to, I have the freedom to plan my lessons as I see fit.
Cons
Going home at 10:00 in the night.
Great Colleagues and Purpose
Director (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 25, 2017
Palm Beach Atlantic is a wonderful group of faculty, students and staff that are committed to purposeful education. Career advancement is limited. The environment is best for new professionals.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Lack of vision and infrastructure
Christian Community
Student Account Representative (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 23, 2017
Family environment with a great focus on Christian standards. At times communication is weak among upper management and there needs to be an improvement on student advising policies. Diversity training is needed among the employees with a focus on room for growth. Great support given to the work/life balance for employees.
cool
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 5, 2017
cool place for students, if you are a college student and need some extra cash this is the place for you dont expect to get paid alot of money its a great way to just earn a few bucks
Pros
they work around your classes
Cons
No Full times
Great people
Assistant Counselor (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 3, 2017
Often felt like I wasn't given enough work, I sat a lot, when i really prefer to be active and working for my money. Enjoyed the people i was with, but not enough real work.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Not enough pay or hours
great place for work
Mailroom Clerk and Support Services (Current Employee) –  wpbMarch 28, 2017
very nice place for work with different tipe of persons great place for work. nice group of personsw work with me very confortable department for work
Pros
vacation time
Great work environment
Technical Specialist II (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 1, 2017
Pba is a great place to work. Awesome people and benefits. Only downfall is salary. Overall I would recommend anyone to apply at PBA.
Pros
Great community of people
Cons
Low salary
Great place to go to school and work.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 1, 2017
I enjoy going to school and working at Palm Beach Atlantic University. I thoroughly enjoy getting to interact with patients and professors.
Wonderful work environment and great experience counseling college students!
Intern at the Counseling Center (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 18, 2016
Wonderful place to complete graduate student internship. The supervisors are great and it is a very supportive work environment. You get excellent experience working with college students with a variety of mental health concerns.
Very helpful work experience towards my future
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLSeptember 13, 2016
I worked closely with the controller and treasurer for PBA. I learned a lot about the actual application of accounting concepts being applied outside of my textbooks. Management was very helpful with my growth and I was eventually promoted from an intern to paid temporary position (I was graduating shortly).
Pros
Amazing people and experience in my field
Cons
Computer problems related to bank records slowed things down
Great On campus student Job
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 16, 2016
You get to serve, meet and help the student body in a work environment that is constructive, safe and friendly. If you lack knowledge on computer software/hardware, you get to learn on the job.
Professional and collaborative adminstration
Graduate Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 13, 2016
It was such a blessing for me to work there. I still hold many of the friendships I got to developed there. My passion for the Lord, people and Christian ministry grew a lot! I would work there again in a heartbeat! =)
I enjoyed my time there.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 3, 2016
Palm Beach Atlantic was a wonderful place to learn and grow as both a person and a professional. I would highly recommend the work study program for anyone looking to make extra funds during their time as a student.
Great job
Ticket Central coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 16, 2016
I loved my supervisor and co-workers, this was a great college job. This is a nice environment and depending on the department your under you will really enjoy working here.
Pros
Good people
Palm Beach Atlantic University
Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 27, 2015
Palm Beach Atlantic University is a great place to work. The main problem that I had with them is that there is no room for advancement and things were very political.
I can't support my family off this job.
Corporal of Evening Shift Patrol (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 25, 2015
I can't support my family off this job. There are not advancements here for me and no raises. I am burned out and tired, I work over 50 hours a week just to provide for my family with the overtime I can get, because the base pay is so little you cannot live off that alone.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks, healthcare
High-Incentives, Highly Motivating Environment
Beacon Newspaper Advertising Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 29, 2015
I was compensated for every ad I generated. I was extremely motivated to work long hours for the extra incentive. I got to meet tons of people from diverse business backgrounds and connect them to our university's mission.
Pros
create my own schedule, high incentive
Cons
busy full-time college student (18 credits/semester) didnt allow too much time to devote
Incredibly Positive Workplace
Faculty Secretary and Writing Center Tutor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FloridaMay 28, 2015
The staff and faculty are small in number but are like the best kind of family. They are supportive and helpful. There is always a variety of tasks.
Pros
Flexibility
Work Study College Job
Mail Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 7, 2015
You are sorting through mail and organizing packages into their respective sections. You are to ensure everyone receives their parcels in timely order, and you are to send out mail/parcels in a timely, organized manner. You will learn the different shipping methods and rates of each parcel delivery service, and you will learn how to organize and log things into their respective order. The coworkers are awesome, and they are there to work with you and make sure you all run a tight ship. Also, you can breathe easily too, since this is mostly a temporary, work study college job. Thus, you are getting work done while being relaxed doing so. The downside is that this is a temporary job, unless you fill out extra paperwork to try to gain part or full-time employment there; of course, this is if there are any positions open.
Pros
Relaxed Work Environment, Straightforward Tasks, Excellent Associates
Cons
Temporary Position
professional development
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 31, 2015
MTRA has really developed me as a professional and has provided growth for in areas I didn't even know were possible. It is a fun workplace environment with incredible community.