Palm Beach Atlantic University Employee Reviews

Very helpful work experience towards my future
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLSeptember 13, 2016
I worked closely with the controller and treasurer for PBA. I learned a lot about the actual application of accounting concepts being applied outside of my textbooks. Management was very helpful with my growth and I was eventually promoted from an intern to paid temporary position (I was graduating shortly).
Pros
Amazing people and experience in my field
Cons
Computer problems related to bank records slowed things down
Great On campus student Job
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 16, 2016
You get to serve, meet and help the student body in a work environment that is constructive, safe and friendly. If you lack knowledge on computer software/hardware, you get to learn on the job.
Professional and collaborative adminstration
Graduate Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 13, 2016
It was such a blessing for me to work there. I still hold many of the friendships I got to developed there. My passion for the Lord, people and Christian ministry grew a lot! I would work there again in a heartbeat! =)
I enjoyed my time there.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 3, 2016
Palm Beach Atlantic was a wonderful place to learn and grow as both a person and a professional. I would highly recommend the work study program for anyone looking to make extra funds during their time as a student.
Great job
Ticket Central coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 16, 2016
I loved my supervisor and co-workers, this was a great college job. This is a nice environment and depending on the department your under you will really enjoy working here.
Pros
Good people
Palm Beach Atlantic University
Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 27, 2015
Palm Beach Atlantic University is a great place to work. The main problem that I had with them is that there is no room for advancement and things were very political.
I can't support my family off this job.
Corporal of Evening Shift Patrol (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 25, 2015
I can't support my family off this job. There are not advancements here for me and no raises. I am burned out and tired, I work over 50 hours a week just to provide for my family with the overtime I can get, because the base pay is so little you cannot live off that alone.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks, healthcare
High-Incentives, Highly Motivating Environment
Beacon Newspaper Advertising Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 29, 2015
I was compensated for every ad I generated. I was extremely motivated to work long hours for the extra incentive. I got to meet tons of people from diverse business backgrounds and connect them to our university's mission.
Pros
create my own schedule, high incentive
Cons
busy full-time college student (18 credits/semester) didnt allow too much time to devote
Incredibly Positive Workplace
Faculty Secretary and Writing Center Tutor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FloridaMay 28, 2015
The staff and faculty are small in number but are like the best kind of family. They are supportive and helpful. There is always a variety of tasks.
Pros
Flexibility
Work Study College Job
Mail Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 7, 2015
You are sorting through mail and organizing packages into their respective sections. You are to ensure everyone receives their parcels in timely order, and you are to send out mail/parcels in a timely, organized manner. You will learn the different shipping methods and rates of each parcel delivery service, and you will learn how to organize and log things into their respective order. The coworkers are awesome, and they are there to work with you and make sure you all run a tight ship. Also, you can breathe easily too, since this is mostly a temporary, work study college job. Thus, you are getting work done while being relaxed doing so. The downside is that this is a temporary job, unless you fill out extra paperwork to try to gain part or full-time employment there; of course, this is if there are any positions open.
Pros
Relaxed Work Environment, Straightforward Tasks, Excellent Associates
Cons
Temporary Position
professional development
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 31, 2015
MTRA has really developed me as a professional and has provided growth for in areas I didn't even know were possible. It is a fun workplace environment with incredible community.
Great Company and School
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 23, 2014
Everyone is understanding and always able to help you out. I loved working here and had a hard time leaving.
A student leader
Wellness Assistant in Residential Life (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 27, 2014
I worked at Palm Beach Atlantic University while attending school there. It was an honor to work for people that valued me and instilled in me a work ethic I could take out into the world after graduation. It was also convenient to have a work schedule that revolved around my academic schedule. I would recommend it to any student!
PBAU is a wonderful place to work
Voice faculty adjunct (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 19, 2014
I have worked for Palm Beach Atlantic University for 13 years and each day was a pleasure! My colleagues were all wonderful and the students were an inspiration to me each day. I felt supported in every way. I was able to sing three faculty recitals and was preparing for my fourth when my husband was called to another part of the country. I have made wonderful lifelong friends and colleagues there.
I miss teaching there this semester.
Pros
The administration supports its faculty
Cons
Parking
Assistant Tennis Coach (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 31, 2014
I enjoyed my time as an assistant coach at Palm Beach Atlantic. I definitely improved my leadership skills leading two sports teams in practices and competition. I was also able to complete my MBA, which has improved my chances of getting the types of jobs I want. I'm am glad I decided to join the PBA team!
Interpersonal Sills
Financial Aid Counselor (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 20, 2014
I typical day in my position requires daily in person, email and phone contact with current students, prospective students and parents. I am also responsible for some larger projects and processes in my office. Interpersonal skills are incredibly valuable in a job where you speak to people about their money and probably the biggest skill I've gleaned in my 4+ years here.
Great Place to Work
Secretary for Human Resources Department (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 14, 2014
PBA offered nice offices, friendly staff, and great benefits.
Advising
Office of the Registrar (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 6, 2013
I learned that I have a love for advising. It was simple clerical and data entry work. I could pop in headphones while in the back room and interact with my peers at the front desk, when filling for the front desk representative.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no room to grow
Turoring was fun
Tutor for Programming I (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 3, 2013
I got payed for tutoring at PBA while studying there. Everything was nice. There were monthly meetings to make sure we stayed on track. I love helping people so this was great job that I enjoyed a lot.
Pros
lots to learn
Great work environment
Head Men's Basketball Coach - NCAA DII (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 26, 2013
Arrive to work by 8 am. Staff meeting by 9 am. Practice at 11 am. Phone calls at 12. Small group training at 2 and 3 pm. Study hall at 3 pm. Recruit local games at 7 pm.

I learned university politics.

My management consisted of the athletic director and university President.

My co-workers were the other coaches. My staff consisted of a part-time assistant coach, volunteer operations coordinator, student managers.

Hardest part of job was operating with a fraction of the resources compared to competiton.

Most enjoyable part of the job was building young men to be future leaders of our community.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Palm Beach Atlantic University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4