Palm Beach Atlantic University Employee Reviews

Incredibly Positive Workplace
Faculty Secretary and Writing Center Tutor (Current Employee), Orlando, FloridaMay 28, 2015
Pros: Flexibility
The staff and faculty are small in number but are like the best kind of family. They are supportive and helpful. There is always a variety of tasks.
Work Study College Job
Mail Room Clerk (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLMay 7, 2015
Pros: Relaxed Work Environment, Straightforward Tasks, Excellent Associates
Cons: Temporary Position
You are sorting through mail and organizing packages into their respective sections. You are to ensure everyone receives their parcels in timely order, and you are to send out mail/parcels in a timely, organized manner. You will learn the different shipping methods and rates of each parcel delivery service, and you will learn how to organize and log things into their respective order. The coworkers are awesome, and they are there to work with you and make sure you all run a tight ship. Also, you can breathe easily too, since this is mostly a temporary, work study college job. Thus, you are getting work done while being relaxed doing so. The downside is that this is a temporary job, unless you fill out extra paperwork to try to gain part or full-time employment there; of course, this is if there are any positions open.
professional development
Resident Assistant (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 31, 2015
MTRA has really developed me as a professional and has provided growth for in areas I didn't even know were possible. It is a fun workplace environment with incredible community.
Great Company and School
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLOctober 23, 2014
Everyone is understanding and always able to help you out. I loved working here and had a hard time leaving.
A student leader
Wellness Assistant in Residential Life (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLAugust 27, 2014
I worked at Palm Beach Atlantic University while attending school there. It was an honor to work for people that valued me and instilled in me a work ethic I could take out into the world after graduation. It was also convenient to have a work schedule that revolved around my academic schedule. I would recommend it to any student!
PBAU is a wonderful place to work
Voice faculty adjunct (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLAugust 19, 2014
Pros: the administration supports its faculty
Cons: parking
I have worked for Palm Beach Atlantic University for 13 years and each day was a pleasure! My colleagues were all wonderful and the students were an inspiration to me each day. I felt supported in every way. I was able to sing three faculty recitals and was preparing for my fourth when my husband was called to another part of the country. I have made wonderful lifelong friends and colleagues there.
I miss teaching there this semester.
Assistant Tennis Coach (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLMarch 31, 2014
I enjoyed my time as an assistant coach at Palm Beach Atlantic. I definitely improved my leadership skills leading two sports teams in practices and competition. I was also able to complete my MBA, which has improved my chances of getting the types of jobs I want. I'm am glad I decided to join the PBA team!
Interpersonal Sills
Financial Aid Counselor (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLMarch 20, 2014
I typical day in my position requires daily in person, email and phone contact with current students, prospective students and parents. I am also responsible for some larger projects and processes in my office. Interpersonal skills are incredibly valuable in a job where you speak to people about their money and probably the biggest skill I've gleaned in my 4+ years here.
Great Place to Work
Secretary for Human Resources Department (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLMarch 14, 2014
PBA offered nice offices, friendly staff, and great benefits.
Advising
Office of the Registrar (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLJune 6, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no room to grow
I learned that I have a love for advising. It was simple clerical and data entry work. I could pop in headphones while in the back room and interact with my peers at the front desk, when filling for the front desk representative.
Turoring was fun
Tutor for Programming I (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLApril 3, 2013
Pros: lots to learn
Cons: no
I got payed for tutoring at PBA while studying there. Everything was nice. There were monthly meetings to make sure we stayed on track. I love helping people so this was great job that I enjoyed a lot.
Great work environment
Head Men's Basketball Coach - NCAA DII (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLMarch 26, 2013
Arrive to work by 8 am. Staff meeting by 9 am. Practice at 11 am. Phone calls at 12. Small group training at 2 and 3 pm. Study hall at 3 pm. Recruit local games at 7 pm.

I learned university politics.

My management consisted of the athletic director and university President.

My co-workers were the other coaches. My staff consisted of a part-time assistant coach, volunteer operations coordinator, student managers.

Hardest part of job was operating with a fraction of the resources compared to competiton.

Most enjoyable part of the job was building young men to be future leaders of our community.
Pay is bad, but management is worse
Did everyone else's jobs (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLMarch 20, 2013
Pros: benefits are fair and good amount of days off
Cons: pay is low. leadership is horrific.
Run by so-called "Christians" that were extremely ignorant and just plain mean. Sure, there were some nice people there. But my department had some of the meanest women I have ever met. They would start drama for no reason and pile on unrealistic amounts of work for low pay. Make a big deal about something to distract everyone else from the fact that they didn't know what they were doing, which was fairly obvious. Very dysfunctional environment.

If you go there, use it as a stepping stone. On the outside, the institution is well respected. But ask any former employee, and they will tell you it has a dirty under belly.
Opening account
Executive Chef (Former Employee), West Palm Beach FLAMarch 11, 2013
Days filled with training and over seeing all areas due to it being a new account
Good working environment.
Financial Aid Counselor (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLJuly 31, 2012
The workers treated each other like family.
It was rewarding to be able to advise future and current students.