Palm Beach County School District Employee Reviews in United States

Teaching
Fourth Grade Teacher, West Riviera Elementary (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 19, 2016
Great place to work. Provides the opportunity to mentor the youth of tomorrow. Great starting pay for a fresh graduate.
Reliable and dedicated to students higher learning and critical thinking.
Inclusion ESE Teacher (Current Employee) –  Belle Glade, FLJanuary 24, 2016
Excellent for all: students, families and employees.

The Palm Beach County School District offers advanced computer and technological programs for students to learn from; all for free! It dedicates an exponential amount of funding opportunities for tutoring, extra-curricular activities and child care, to assist the educational goals of its students. All classrooms are clean, welcoming and pleasant to learn from. All teachers are highly qualified and dedicated to student growth and achievement!
It's who you know
Secretary I (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach County, FLJanuary 19, 2016
You can not move up in the District unless you are affiliated with someone in a higher position. Qualifications does not matter here.
Pros
days off
Driver
Transportation Driver (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 3, 2016
Its an excellent place for someone who's on disability or basically someone who really don't have to work. The hourly pay for a driver is horrible.
Pros
Allows you to spend time with family
Cons
You make just enough, but not enough.
summary
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLDecember 15, 2015
working with clients that has disabilities this was very rewarding, there could have been stronger team worker on the behalf of co-workers, management could have more open to employees. very enjoyable making a difference in these people lives, the bicker amongst administration and employees instead of agreeing on the positive. it is way to of people bringing their personal business to work
Pros
love what i do
Cons
staff getting along with each other
school bus driver
school bus driver (Current Employee) –  wpb,flNovember 20, 2015
School bus drivers transport students to and from school locations and school-related activities. In addition to having safe-driving skills, I must be able to interact effectively with a large number of people of various ages and needs. School bus drivers are an important part of the school community, as they are the first and last contact for students each day.
Pros
i love driving
Cons
not enough hours
great
Palm Beach County Food Service Temp (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 18, 2015
Great district for plam beach ools. they really care single person who works for them and with them.about every... they strive for success for all students
Education
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Belle Glade, FLNovember 18, 2015
Learned to work with student. Help students and teachers. Come up with different ways to stimulated the learning process for students.
Good starting point for drivers
bus driver (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 17, 2015
Good people to work with. The hardest part is being able to deal with a large group of children. It gets very loud. Most of the long term drivers have a great many years of working there.
Well organized workplace
4th Grade Teacher -interim (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLNovember 3, 2015
I love working with children and the staff. The toughest part of the job is dealing with the politics of the education system.
Disrespectful students and little support, difficult to change locations
teacher (Former Employee) –  Loxahatchee, FLNovember 3, 2015
I felt great satisfaction when I was able to reach the students and know they were taking the valuable information I taught for use in their future endeavors. Unfortunately, this is rare now as students want to do the least possible to pass, rather than their best to scceed.
Pros
good medical benefits
Cons
long uncompensated hours, teachers not supported
fun work place
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  FLOctober 24, 2015
It was absolutely great experience. I loved everything about it and i got everything i was expected out of it. I always had a positive mindset when approaching my work.
Great team. Worked together well in a challenging environment.
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLOctober 19, 2015
The school had many challenges with low income minority families.
Drugs and violence were common with 75% of families. Working in the front office was difficult with many situations concerning students and parents behaviors. Although we were short staffed and highly stressed, we always managed to laugh and cover each other with whatever needed to be done. It was a great experience to be with such amazing co workers. I relocated from Florida to Maine this summer. I miss the staff
Pros
health care coverage
Cons
the neighborhood was not safe
great
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 3, 2015
work when you want as a substitute teacher. The schools also keep you on their contact list if they like you :) so sometimes you can work at one school for a whole year!
Pros
pay!
Cons
Hard but very rewarding job.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLOctober 3, 2015
It is hard working with middle school aged children, but I know I am helping them grow and learn. My co workers are very positive and know that I am young and still trying to learn the culture of working with older people. I am one of the youngest people in my field and it can be hard sometime. I do not know how people see me or if I am doing well with the children. A lot of my time is really spent in the office or library. The office allows me to work the coordinators and Assistant Principals. They teach me a lot, and I have grown over the time I have been there.
Pros
flexible schedules, something new everyday, working with kids
Cons
no weekends, no over time, no pay over the summer
Great place to impact the lives of children.
Reading Teacher, John F. Kennedy Middle School (Former Employee) –  West Palm BeachSeptember 4, 2015
The Palm Beach County School District is a great place to work if you have an interest in impacting the lives of children. If you passion for making a difference in the lives of children-this is the place to be.
Pros
Schedule and breaks
Benefits
do not take a custodian job unless you like abuse
custodian (Former Employee) –  schoolSeptember 1, 2015
Problem with this job is the pay is very little for a position that you will be cleaning 15-20 rooms, other employees can abuse you verbally, and suffer no consequences because they have been working there many years. Poor management and hostile work environment.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
horrible pay, alot of work, stressful environment
Great transitional job
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Jupiter, FLAugust 25, 2015
I enjoy many aspects to this current position. Flexibility, variety and working in an area where I am constantly learning are important qualities to me.
Various assignments throughout the School District
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach CountyAugust 15, 2015
Palm Beach County School District is a great place to work. Being a substitute teacher is very gratifying. Working with different teachers is a great way for anyone interested in becoming a full time teacher.
Pros
Teaching kids of all ages, flexibility
Cons
Uncertainty of day to day assignments
Collaborating with colleagues is great
Reading Teacher (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 26, 2015
I enjoy working with my students, and teachers. I just feel that I can't grow with this company because of the poor management and politics within the organization
Pros
summers off
Cons
lack of advancement for minorities