Palm Beach County School District

Palm Beach County School District Employee Reviews

school district
instructor (Former Employee), west palm beachJuly 22, 2015
It was great working for the school district, students keep you young, great working day hours, love to spend the summers with my kids at home.
Flexible
PreK-5th Grade Sub (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLJuly 21, 2015
Pros: I get to be creative
Cons: It is not a permanent job
A constant learning environment for myself as well as the students.
It is wonderful to work with children, teach them and see them learn through art and creativity.
I love working with other educators and learn so much from them.
Seasonal but great
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Forest Hill Blvd. FLJuly 3, 2015
This job consists of helping and watching children during the day. These kids can be fun these kids can also be crazy but its all beneficial. Knowing how to deal with so many different personalities are a plus and you cant always be so hard on children because they're all different... But also alike in so many ways.
Cultivated into a leader
Language Arts Teacher (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLJuly 1, 2015
I don't believe there is a better place for anyone to work other than the department of leadership and counseling. Eastern Michigan University's department of leadership and counseling taught me how to be a worker. The mentoring and friendship that was provided during my time at EMU was a memorable.
Where I work now - great group of people.
ESOL Instructor & Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLJune 25, 2015
Pros: Currently, love working with my co-workers! Great group of teachers.
Cons: My room is always warm.
Easygoing, personable sales representative with background in education, retailing, pharmaceuticals, insurance, and business information data, who thrives on the quiet excitement that comes from moving people to buy. An attractive and inspiring motivator, keenly aware of the power of technology to grow business and improve lives, who has recruited, trained and managed an eight-person sales team and launched products, consistently exceeding quotas. Avid reader of entrepreneurial business publications; physically-fit yogi and skier.
The best productive and nice environment a person can work in.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLJune 16, 2015
Pros: Breaks, teacher's lounge and availability of administrators
Cons: no insurance, no benefits, and no summer opportunities.
On a typical day at work you learn that everyone is different in their own way but in a lot of ways they are the same. Everyone is up and ready to work at the ringing of the bell and put in 100% effort until that day is over and that's what I like about my job. Everyone is putting in their fair share of hard work. The most enjoyable part of the job is at the end of the day you can appreciate the effort that is obtained throughout the day.
I have enjoyed working for the SDPBC for the past 25 years. I have worked with some very competent, professional educators and administrators.
Teacher (Current Employee), Santalulces High School, LantanaJune 10, 2015
Pros: Being on the same schedule as my children, when they were younger
Cons: Relentless pressure to constantly keep up with a myriad of details.
A typical workday starts at 7:00 am. I begin by logging onto the computer in my classroom and checking my email for any messages I need to be aware of for that day. I then go on to teach my classes during my five duty periods. I must manage student conduct and attend to a variety of issues that come up through-out the day. During my planning period, I prepare lessons, grade student work, post grades and go to any meetings I'm required to attend. I have good relationships with my co-workers. The two hardest parts about the job of teaching are: 1) managing oppositional teenagers and 2) dealing with cumbersome state education requirements. The most enjoyable part of the job is being a positive influence on students and attempting to draw out the best in them. This is the great privilege of teaching.

Because my mother, who lived with my family until she passed last year, is no longer a responsibility for me, and because my children no longer are at home, I am branching out to do temporary office work during the summer, as the opportunity arises.
Overworked and under payed
Data Processor II (Former Employee), West Palm BeachJune 3, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Not a healthy enviroment
Once you are hired for a position in a school as a non-instructional, you have to do other duties as assigned by your principal, that can be anything from cleaning a students vomit to cleaning cafeteria tables. that's why they always put on their jobs "other duties as assigned" that way they cover themselves. So if you have half a brain do not work for this company!! I was an employee for 15 years, and you never get a raise. The drama with co-workers is unreal. They will try to take your dignity/self worth from you and turn you into a drone, and if you don't abide they will try to make you quit by treating you like an outcast by even the people you thought were your friends. Ask any non-instructional employee for the district, it's a joke!! The district always makes the 5 o'clock news!!
Great Place
Paraprofessional/Teacher's Aide (Current Employee), Loxahatchee, FLJune 1, 2015
I absolutely love my job and everyone I work for. The school is great and the principal is amazing. The staff is also great as well.
Fun place to work
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Belle Glade, FLMay 31, 2015
Pros: Working with kids
Cons: no work during the summer
Everyday is different, I worked at many schools with in Palm Beach County. I worked with all ages of kids in all areas of the school system. I learned more about data entry and clerical work. All co-workers are very helpful great to work with.
Cooperative Workplace
3rd Grade Teacher (Current Employee), Lake Worth, FLMay 13, 2015
I enjoyed my coworkers and everyone worked very well together. I enjoyed my school and my students. The hardest part of the job was lack of support from parents and negativity in the workplace. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with children and watching them grow.
Nice people
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), West Palm BeachApril 2, 2015
Pros: Work schedule, holidays off
Cons: Stressful
The staff is friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job is differentiating instruction to fit the needs of every student. The most enjoyable part of the job is working one on one with students.
Fun workplace when you see the children learning !
Early Childhood Profesional (Current Employee), Village Academy Delray Beach,FLMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Schedule and Holidays
Cons: Expensive benefits
I love children so for me the school board was a job that feels like I go to work just to enjoy watching the children in my care learn and grow!!!!
Productive and challenging
Teacher (Former Employee), Lake Worth, FLFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: working with children
Cons: politics within the school system
A typical work day consisted of providing students with a challenging curriculum that fostered a sense of curiosity and learning.
Productive and fun work environment.
Substitute School Teacher (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: get to work at various schools and meet new staff & students.
Cons: limited benefits and no vacation or sick pay.
Performed duties and responsibilities of a full time Teacher and Substitute Teacher for grade levels K-12.
* Worked as a full time ESE School Teacher for Middle School Students.
* Worked as a Critical Incident Teacher and Behavioral Incident Teacher at an Alternative School for over two years.
The most enjoyable part of being a Substitute School Teacher is you get the opportunity to work with all grade levels, and teach a variety of school subjects.
always needed
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), west palm beach countyDecember 23, 2014
job security is always there but can be very stressful depending on the school and the environment sometimes you have to sub for multiply teachers in one day
FLEXIBLE HOURS OF WORK.
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (Current Employee), Palm Beach CountyDecember 7, 2014
Pros: offered permanent position
Cons: short break
A typical day being a Substitute Teacher consists of promoting learning in a classroom setting in the absence of the teacher, however in using experience and knowledge of learned coursework there's still things I pick up on. Learning different teaching methods from different teachers and school levels allows me to either use these different methods in a variety of other settings. An example would be some teachers are more hands-on with their students while others may be more relaxed and teach straight from the book. Depending on the students at hand and from what I observe, these are thing I implement as a Substitute Teacher. My co-workers are the teachers on the same grade level as I am subbing for and for the most part they are very helpful. The hardest part of the job is not knowing what you're walking into and the most enjoyable part is being able to carry out the teacher's lesson plans, gaining respect from the kids and being able to teach them as if I am their permanent teacher.
Good Experience
Maintenance Worker/Painter (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLNovember 29, 2014
Pros: holidays and other days off
Cons: job security
I have had a great experience working for the school district. However, there are job security issues that occur from year to year.
Fun and inviting.
Supplemental Academic Instructor (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLNovember 27, 2014
Great interaction between staff and administration. The staff really display their love for the students that they instruct.
great experience and a fun place to work
ELC e-learning coordinator (Current Employee), Boca Raton FloridaOctober 21, 2014
Amazing talented staff. Different day every day. Challenging and rewarding at the same time.

1 2 3