Palm Beach County School District

Palm Beach County School District Employer Reviews

It is a great place
Customer service (Former Employee), lantanaJune 15, 2014
Great place but less professional, and it s a great school. They are really patient with employee.
Productive and being able to have a job that I like
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLMay 19, 2014
Its a fun day, because I love to cook. I learn to just be myself, work well with others, respect, and just do my job and be happy. The manager there was good, he would step in and show his effort on the job its called "TEAM WORK". My co-workers I got along with them and we all work together. I would not say there was hard part of the job, just do what – more... you do and that's it. The enjoyable part is coming to work doing what you like to do and that was fun to me. I like to cook. – less
Fun place to work but challenging
Substitute Teacher - Grades K-12 (Current Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLMay 9, 2014
Pros: constant learning
Cons: pay isn't enough for the work
A typical day at work involves problem solving and managing issues between students and sometimes adults. Co-workers can be difficult to deal with, especially those who are burned out from their long careers as teachers and teacher aids.
The people there are very friendly and most are fun.
Custodian (Current Employee), Florida,FlApril 30, 2014
Good environment and great people , chance for advancement, I learned many things. One of which is I learned how to coach members of the team. Also, how to give recognition , is a friendly work environment.
Guidance/School counseling intern
School Counseling Intern (Current Employee), Boynton Beach, FLApril 9, 2014
Required internship for graduate school. Individual counseling, group counseling, teaching.
Happy place with "pep" Rallys, parties and more
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Riviera BeachMarch 6, 2014
Pros: lenghty breaks
Cons: the ptsa prepares luch for our staff frequently.
Working at the Palm Beach county School District is a joy, and interacting with the students everyday is fantastic! My coworkers are very cordial and helpful in every way. The hardest part of my job is some days It is hard to see some students can't finish their assignments...the most enjoyable part is seeing the students face when they get a passing – more... grade. – less
Good place to be if a person is looking to teach
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 28, 2014
I work at different site every day, this really help ne to know a lot more schools iI was not aware of. I tried to embrace each day with an open heart/mind in order to give my best. Calling an administrator to remove a disturbing student from a class, and when a teacher failed to leave a work plan for the day.
Assist other (Current Employee), Wellington, FlFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: positive environment
Cons: pay scale
My only concern is I'm not being compensated at a level of confidence to provide for my family as needed.
great place to work
Assist teachers (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 20, 2014
I love my jab because it offers each and everyone a chance to grow professionally.
productive daily task.
Food Service worker (Current Employee), West Palm beach , Florida 33401December 12, 2013
Pros: overtime great pay
Cons: short breaks
productive daily task of Monitoring, escorting, answering phones operating tech screens,investigating etc.
productive
Permanent Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLNovember 21, 2013
Pros: being able to work with others, and helping kids be successfull.
Cons: not being able to give each and every student that one on one attention that he/she needs.
I come into work ready to work each and everyday, with great energy and a positive attitude every morning. I learned that everyday i come into work there will be new challanges that i'll be face with and it's up to me and the staff to complete them. As for our management goes, at the work site is great she's very helpful, and as for the co-workers we – more... all get along well everyone is very respectful and helpful to one another. the hardest part of my job is to get the students where they need to be and to accomplish their goal, but that's also the most enoyable part of my job as well helping kids reach their goals not only for the job site but in life as well. – less
Great Work Place
Reading Specialist (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLNovember 20, 2013
Quality Education delivered to all students. The staff are very supportive of one another.
Guidance Counselor
School Counselor (Former Employee), Palm Beach, FLOctober 25, 2013
Working as a guidance counselor within the school district was my first career. My days were never the same and the students were always looking for help or advice. I learned that I can react quickly to any situation without even thinking about it. I enjoyed being kept on my toes and dealing with different issues as they arose.
Productive and Nice workplace
Bus Driver (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLOctober 2, 2013
Pros: working alone
Cons: small breaks if any, behavior of certain students
A typical day at work would be doing your bus inspections, and maintaining a clean and safe environment while transporting students to and from school in a timely manner. My co-workers was nice, and fun to get along with. The most enjoyable part of the job was being out on the road alone. Being your own current supervisor monitoring the children.,
High turn around very competitive
Facility Maintinance Electrician (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 23, 2013
Typical day at work was good. worked alone most of the time the most dificult part of the job was managing volenteers
Higher Learning
Support sales (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLAugust 9, 2013
Learned something new each day from the children and staff.
Substitute Teacher with various teaching assignments, various subjects, and various grade levels.
Teacher (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLJuly 5, 2013
Pros: practiced teaching skills.
Cons: was a temporary not full time assignment.
Typical day varied depending on the grade and subject of that days assignment. The responsibilities were following regujlar teachers instructions, teaching subject, and classroom management.
Less than perfect
Substitute teacher (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLJuly 1, 2013
Pros: most teachers were well organized
Cons: administration not generally available to show their appreciation
Consistency was not good from school to school. Very few people acknowledged any appreciation. Substitutes take on difficult roles and I don't think enough people take the time to express their appreciation and let the substitute feel wanted.
Constant teacher/student interaction
TEACHER (Current Employee), WellingtonJune 10, 2013
A typical day at work includes my investing in the academic life of students working with students and helping them to develop an appreciation for academia and the work-a-day world.
Silence,Read my Mind!
Transportation Coordinator I (Current Employee), Transportation DeptMay 21, 2013
Pros: off weekends/holidays
Cons: non competitive wages
Come to work and accomplish what you are able too.
Learn to keep silence especially, if you want to speak the truth
Management are unethical
The most difficult part of my job is there is no "accountability"
Having (some) form of income