Palm Beach County School District Employee Reviews

It's a good work environment
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 21, 2017
The hardest part of the job is dealing with the kids behavior. Other than that it's great the people there nice I like interacting with the students and seeing them succeed.
Productive enviorment
Building Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 20, 2017
Great place to work opportunity for growth, Wasn't nothing to hard with the job offerd a lot of incentive and excellent benefits with the school board really enjoyed working there.
Pros
GrEAT Benifits
Cons
schedule
Be Fair and understanding
Football Coach and run Game Coordinator (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 31, 2017
Listen first be compassionate. Stay focus on making everyone around you better. smile everyday be happy with life encourage other to do the same. show students that u are there for them at all times
Fun place to work
Custodian (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 8, 2017
I had an excellent experience working with my previous jobs it was fun and challenging at the same time, I loved my co-workers and staff ...my time thier was really appreciated.
Enjoyed working with a great staff over the years. Really believe that team works is key
Assistant Principal (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 6, 2017
I enjoyed working with a staff the had the same vision of making our students prepared to enter work place or go on to a 4 year college.

I took great pleasure working with the students, as I knew it would be something that would stick with them for a lifetime.
Pros
Just a joy to work with
Cons
hated to leave, but the family relocated
Great Job, Fun Place to work
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 29, 2017
A great place to work of you have a passion for working with kids and knowing that you can make a difference in their life. Very taxing on your patience but the pay off is well worth it.
SUBITITUDE TEACHER (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 14, 2017
Most workers are welcoming and very helpful which helps your day go smooth. Teachers for the most part will always leave lesson plans to make the day easy. I usually enjoy math classes since that subject is favorable to me.
Good job
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach County, FLJanuary 13, 2017
Interesting job, ever changing, never boring. Hardest part of the job is finding work to fit a college schedule. Must be good at managing students and stress. requires fast thinking and ability to be authoritive
Pros
easy
Cons
not scheduled
Diverse Workplace
Substitute (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 8, 2017
Palm Beach School District is wildly diverse and always its teachers to experience everything from Jupiter to Lake Worth, all the way to Bell Glade. The downside is that PBSD is enormous and it is sometimes a slow system with too much to handle. But every school I ever went to included staff who took their jobs seriously and wanted only the best for their students regardless of difficulties and local.
Stressful
Grade Level Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLNovember 24, 2016
Its stressful dealing with the students and constantly test preparation. Evaluation is based on student performance. Lots of work, activities and meetings that's done that you are not compensated for.
Flexible good for family with young children
School Office Assistant - Guidance (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 21, 2016
Enjoy the atmosphere, greeting and meeting the parents and students.

Excellent Benefits.

Flexible Hours.

Convenient Location.
Pros
Good Hours and Excellent Benefits
Cons
Short Breaks, Not enough hours.
A typical day is a day learned and an accomplishment
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 16, 2016
I enjoy educating and learning from students day to day. Education is enjoyable and very needed, and I enjoy provided it. I am overwhelmed when I see the results of my students progress.
Great job if you love weekends and holidays off
Driver (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 15, 2016
If you love to drive school busses and to be around kids this job is for you. You would have off holidays and off on the weekends. It's a great job. Whenever school is out you can be home doing whatever or out shopping and catching up on a doctor's visit.
A productive envoroment
EH/SED Behavioral Interventionists Associate (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FL 33406November 10, 2016
A Great Place to work and grow.
I've worked with this company on and off since 1997.
A typical work day involves on one with students with behavioral problems, teaching new deescalation techniques.
Pros
Digital voice remainders for school wide envolvment
Cons
No paid summers
Great working environment
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLOctober 27, 2016
Directs the learning experiences of students in both curricular and extracurricular activities.
Provides guidance to students that will promote their proper educational development and welfare.
Responsible for student accounting.
Enforces policies and regulations as established by the board and professional staff.
Accepts a fair share of supervisory duties at pupil activities in buildings and on grounds during school hours.
Maintains an enthusiastic and upbeat personality.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
the pay
Great Job
Classroom Instructor (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 29, 2016
Palm Beach County has a well developed system and great staff! They are very organized and timely in their management style.
Pros
Fun, good hours
Cons
bad benefits
Exciting at times but also disheartening
Social Studies Teacher (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 14, 2016
Great interactions with colleagues and students made this career fun and exciting. Mostly concerned with testing scores and not true academic success.
Pros
Weekends and holidays off
Cons
Not enough support or funds to truly help students
loved it
Counselor (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 7, 2016
loved working with the after school student with there home work and or other school activities love being around them and always seeing the smiles on there faces when the seen me coming to work. i most definitely wish i could get this job back but they canceled the program at the time
Elementary school teachers should be paid the most, and they make the least.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 13, 2016
If you insist on teaching, don't go to elementary school. I love early literacy more than anything in the world, but even in kindergarten there's more assessing and CYA paperwork than there is teaching.
Palm beach County School Review
School Secretary (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 4, 2016
Working for the school district of palm beach county gave me a new and exciting opportunity. Great people to work and be around.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Palm Beach County School District. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2