PALM BEACH COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE Employee Reviews

School Traffic unit/ wonderful experience
School Traffic Safety Unit (Former Employee) –  Royal Palm Beach, FLJuly 10, 2017
I loved everyday I worked there and loved my Liason Deputies and co-workers an amazing place to work and I was treated very well and given benefits even as a part time employee
Law Enforcement
Deputy Sheriff (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 25, 2017
Busy fast pace Sheriffs Office. Room for advancement. Constant on the job training. Some days going to one emergency to the next. Can be stressful. Most rewarding part of the job was being an important part of the community. Management would recognize and give credit to those employees who exceled.
Pros
Elite law enforcement agency.
Cons
Little down time. Lots of paperwork.
good working conditions
Deputy Sheriff (Current Employee) –  Belle Glade, FLMarch 6, 2017
PBSO has many area for growth and excellent staff and admin staff. I have worked in many agencies related to law enforcement around the county and internationally. This office provides education opportunity a well as promotional. Take a look
Pros
Excelant staff
Great Employer
Corrections Support Personnel (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 16, 2015
The Sheriff's Office is a very diverse place to work where you meet all kinds of people. My co-workers are like family and very supportive and helpful. The hardest part of the job is working in a jail environment where you have different situations that can go wrong in a short amount of time.
Pros
Wonderful benefits
Cons
Working in a jail environment
Plenty of work for my skill set...
Facilities Services Tech II (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 21, 2015
There are a lot of great people who work here. The hardest issues I see are monies being wasted. As a taxpayer myself, I do not like to see that.
Pros
Good health care.
Cons
Some folks make things harder than they need to be.
Professional family oriented
Clerical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gun Club RoadJune 23, 2015
Usually it is professional with a atmosphere of fun
I have learned to be up front and really honest
Management overall is encouraging
my co workers are very supportive
the hardest part of the job is knowing all these people are in here locked down and wondering why this world has come to this
the most enjoyable part of the job is helping people
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
I would rather work 4 10 hour days
Productive, challenging and fun workplace.
Detention Deputy Sheriff Recruit (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLDecember 11, 2014
A corrections officer’s day is anything but typical. One day at work may be quiet and uneventful while the next day could be filled with danger and violence. Corrections officers can be attacked or taken hostage at any moment, so officers must constantly be aware of their surroundings. If an inmate overpowers an officer and takes his weapon, the result can be catastrophic. At the beginning of the corrections officer’s shift, there is usually a staff meeting to discuss various topics–the meeting is known as a “read off,” and during the read off, officers are informed of their posts and duties for that day. While most posts are in the inmates’ housing units, some posts involve admitting new inmates and getting their information processed and entered into the prison system. This “intake” process is fast paced and requires a great deal of skill and experience in corrections. Inmates often arrive in an aggressive mood and will be less than cooperative during the intake process. Corrections officers hope that by treating the inmate with respect, they will be treated in a similar fashion. Sadly, however, that is rarely the case.
Pros
Healthcare, Promotions, Pay, etc.
n/a
Deputy Sheriff (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 25, 2014
Working as a Deputy Sheriff in Palm Beach County. Please see resume.
Pros
see resume
Cons
see resume
great enviorment
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  west pal beachJuly 24, 2014
greatplace to work and meet new people. such an experience to work at the palm beach county Jail
Pros
free coffee
Cons
short breaks
Fun and Challenging
Communications Officer (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 8, 2014
Great place to work, excellent benefits. Lots of room for advancement ... Challenging career.
Well established working relationship with my colleagues
Road Patrol Deputy (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FL 33445September 13, 2013
Great workplace environment and good rapport with co-workers. I learned a great deal about honing investigative skills that are essential in moving forward in law enforcement and establishing and maintaining a solid working relationship with co-workers and supervisors. A concentrated and collective effort by everyone working together as a team, effectively produces more positive results for the department as well as the community it serves.
Very educational internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 15, 2013
Before I did the internship at PBSO, I was not sure about what I should do as my career and I was completely lost. During my internship to the different departments such as crime scene, patrol, courts, corrections and homeland security, I learned so much from different people. They gave me helpful tips on how I can apply for a job in the future and everyone who mentored me was very helpful and inspirational. I hope in the near future I can follow their footstep and be a successful employee working for the criminal justice field.
Pros
Helpful tips from instructors
Great place to learn
Central Records Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 4, 2013
My job consisted of helping people with their law enforcement needs.
Very Productive Agency
DEPUTY SHERIFF (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLDecember 13, 2012
Great place to work and get experience. Had mostly great supervisors. The hardest part of the job is working for a supervisor who dont care but is just waiting for his/her time to retire.
Informative
Communications Officer (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 30, 2012
I enjoyed knowing what was going on "out there'.
never boring. Stressful environment.
Pros
knowing the news as it happened
Cons
knowing the news.
Great place to work and great for advancement
Deputy Sheriff (Former Employee) –  West Palm BeachAugust 29, 2012
It is a great job, sometimes tough. I loved helping people and being able to interact with others. The hardest part of the job was seeing how some people are treated by others. I accomplished a lot while I was working the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office.
Pros
job security
Cons
management
Law enforcement
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 13, 2012
On the average day I responded to 15-20 calls for service. Working for a large busy agency I was introduced to every area of law enforcement. I was well liked by management and co-workers due to my strong work ethics. The hardest part of the job was driving daily in heavy traffic during 12 hour shifts. The most rewarding part of the job was having the opportunity to help people.
Pros
experience
Cons
constantly busy.
Exciting and great career
Correction Officer (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 21, 2012
For people that wants to protect their community and the citizens of Palm Beach County this is a great place to work. The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office offers great compensation and great benefits.