PALM BEACH COUNTY Employee Reviews

Physical Education Instructor (Current Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJune 30, 2017
It is a caring, like minded workplace. Everyone cares for the the kids. We all work hard to provide students with useful education. We strive everyday to be their safe place.
great place to work
Clerk (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 25, 2017
A very joyful experience. I thoroughly enjoy it! Excellent organization to work for I have no complaints if given the opportunity I would return, excellent benefits and work environment - company provides donations to non-profit organizations.
its ok
Self Employed Realtor (Current Employee) –  palm beach countyJune 21, 2017
I worked for myself and a broker, I did all the work and the broker collected their fees. cost of doing business is very high, and its commission only.
Horrible.
Circuit Court Appellate Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 25, 2017
Terrible place to work unless you like being a anonymous cog in the government wheel. For people that can do government work, the pay is terrible, but the working conditions not so bad.
Love it
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Wellington, FLMay 23, 2017
Great place to work. Great people to work with, and great benefits. Working with kids could be challenging at times, but I love kids and being able to be a positive influence in their lives
I enjoyed the people I worked with
Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  North Palm Beach, FLMay 21, 2017
I felt respected and supported by my Supervisor. I enjoyed the residents I cared for. My work load was balancd so I was able to provide the necessary care and support staff.
good
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 3, 2017
a typical day was relaxed
I learned how to work as a team
management was great
the workplace was fun, and everyone always had a smile on their face
the hardest part was cleaning at the end of the day
most enjoyable was getting to go down the slide
Hard working and dependable
ABC apprentice - graduate (Current Employee) –  currently unemployedApril 25, 2017
Looking for full time employment in the Palm Beach area. all phases of electrical construction. Master certificate achieved in August 1992 looking for foreman and or journeyman position
To many managers
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 31, 2017
This is a very huge organization, to many top level management. Was bored most of the time and managers didn't like taking initiative because they felt it made them look bad.
Fast paced
Clerical Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 2, 2017
Heavy customer service in person and on the phone. Permits are reviewed for accuracy, printed up and sent to the cashier. Record set is scanned and paperwork is sent to Records Dept. Permits that are not accurate are put on hold or sent back to previous reviewer for clarification. Contractors are sometimes upset when there plans do not go through.
Fun
School District of Palm Beach County (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJanuary 1, 2017
Very rewarding job, Learn many different things each day. Opportunity to teach students all that they need to know to be prepared for their future.
Good Benefits ...
Courtroom Administrator II (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLDecember 6, 2016
Management lacks the necessary skills to move organization forward. Time off and medical health benefits are good ... Benefits deteriorated over my tenure and while still better than most private sector jobs pay is far inferior. Management lacks a depth of understanding of daily tasks ... often not realizing the taxing nature of the daily duties. Highly militaristic in its downward looking view of management to staff relations. Management is not an ally to their employees and it effects the overall operation.
Pros
benefits - time off
Cons
Management lacks the necessary skills to move organization foward
it was a school
Teacher (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 15, 2016
I had a great time teaching until my principal retired and my new principal and i were not compatible. I taught in the county for 18 years and was tossed aside like garbage.
Pros
worked with good people
Cons
absolute power corrupts
Productive, fun, fulfilling
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 21, 2016
The job is great but the pay is not quivalent to the work involve. The hardest part of the job is dealing with behavior issues which tends to get in the way of student learning. The most enjoyabl part of the job is hearing a child say I love after only one day of being with them.
Very Professional
Mental Health/Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 27, 2016
Very professional consultant, with vast knowledge within the Mental Health and Substance Abuse field. Great management, and environment. Staff has great desire to help and make a great impact within the community.
Strict enviormnet
Voice Analyst (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 23, 2016
Morale is bad. Management are not active in improving quality and environment. Very different then private sector. Work life balance i way out of whack.
enjoyable and accomplished work place
Water Treatment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLDecember 28, 2015
love to make people smile and customers satisfied. Employees and employer were very easy to work with and for. It was a comfortable environment
Excellent salary, hard work
Freelance Court Reporter (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 15, 2015
Excellent salary but work is very difficult. Long days, but pays well. Overall good experience. Best coworkers ever. Wish there were similar opportunities in Florida.
No opportunity For Latinos/Those that already have an upper level job is to make the system look good
Field Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 19, 2015
I worked there 11 years, I had a four year degree, I asked, I begged, I did anything to get a promotion, or to get to another department, but was never successful.
Upper level manager and Human Resource are well coordinated to hide violations that managers and supervisor do to employees.

LATINOS AND BLACK HAVE NO FUTURE IN PALM BEACH COUNTY FLORIDA.
Pros
Excellent benefit and holidays
Cons
No opportunity for any other race. White Only
work place
Professional Freelancer of beauty services (Former Employee) –  palm beach countyOctober 1, 2015
great place to work. i would call before applying. you need computer skills. you need transportation. you need to be organized. you need to be friendly. you need to be on time.
Pros
great job
Cons
no over-time