Palm Beach State College Employee Reviews in United States

Productive Work Place
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 11, 2016
I work as a work study student, so you can guess that the pay is low, but other than that I love the environment. People are friendly here and we get along pretty well.
Pros
Awesome Environment
Cons
Pay is low
Student Assistant for Talent Search (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLApril 26, 2016
 Secondary point of contact for students, faculty/staff calling the main administrative office
 Maintain and clean environment in the office
 Filling administrative documents
 Data input for the Department
 Organizing file cabinets and folders
Ops
Accounting & Anatomy Tutor (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLApril 21, 2016
Easy going job. Diverse work environment.Everyone is willing to help you. Great learning environment. Tutor about 5 students a day but t varies dependent on testing time for students
Productive, enjoyable,
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Belle Glade, FLMarch 5, 2016
My experience was great. I learned a lot and was able to improve my interpersonal skills due to all the one to one interactions that I had on a daily basis with the students. I learned better communication skills. My coworkers were good; we worked together. The hardest part of the job was seeing the students struggle and try hard to pass a class or a test and not doing so well because of other circumstances. The most enjoyable part was when the students that I helped came back and thanked me for the improvement they had in their grades.
Pros
Allow me to work with my school and family schedule
Cons
benefits were limited
A day at Palm Beach State College
Teaching assistant, math tutor (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 11, 2016
Positive: working with the students and faculty
Negative: No benefits, limited hours, no job security from semester to semester
I enjoy the value of teamwork
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 9, 2015
Loved working at Palm Beach State College.Great staff, wonderful environment. It was an honor to work for them, great workplace and supportive management overall.
Fun workplace
Student Assistant- Volunteer Program (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLNovember 26, 2015
This job gave me the opportunity to interact with a very diverse group of students and citizens. I was able to help those citizens that were in need of help, and I was able to give students positive advise.
Pros
helping people
Cons
pay and benefits
As a student
Education (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLNovember 16, 2015
I would say Palm Beach State is a pretty good community college and has the fundamentals to succeed and they do have whatever you need to complete degrees and is a way cheaper route instead of going straight to a University.
Pros
varitey of Degrees
Cons
locations are limited
Very fun internship
Graphic Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLNovember 5, 2015
While attending Palm Beach State College in 2012, I applied for an internship within the Creative Relations & Marketing department located within the Lake Worth campus. While there, I was able to see how the design field I was going to school for would look first hand. After being placed in this enviroment, it challenged the way I thought creatively and helped improve my design work.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Non-paid Internship, small department with next to zero room for advancement
Scholarship Coordinator/Career Coach (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 18, 2015
I enjoyed my time employed at Palm Beach State College. The only I had was that of being undercompensated. Nevertheless, if it weren't for having to relocate, I would have remained there and try to make it a career.
Pros
All around great place to work
postive enviorment
Student Government (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 18, 2015
great place to work for, flexible schedule, great employee's, The pay is great, the work environment is not bad. The Supervisor's are extremely laid back and understanding.
Faculty and staff are very supportive
Adjunct Instructor- 911 Dispatch Academy (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLOctober 6, 2015
Great working atmosphere. They have lock down procedures in place to keep staff and students safe.
Campus security is always on site and visible. The campus grounds are safe even at night.
Awesome work place
Computer Helpdesk/ Technician (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLOctober 5, 2015
Palm Beach Garden Campus is an awesome place and the people is awesome to work with. Loved working with the customers and helping to solve their computers, printers, network or phone issues.
fun workplace to be
Front desk (Former Employee) –  Boca ratonAugust 26, 2015
Enjoyed my time working for this company. It was a great experience and every one in this workplace was friendly. I developed some new skills, and had more costumer service experience.
Fun and Friendly Environment
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLAugust 17, 2015
Working as Lab assistant in the Natural Science building, allows science majors the opportunity to gain knowledge and hands on experience in a Lab. Also, allows students to build relationships with peers and professors.
Casual but professional work environment
Supplemental Instructor (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 30, 2015
Everyday was a different day working for Palm Beach State College(PBSC). I, personally, really enjoyed working for them. The feeling of being able to help a student learn more about a subject. That feeling i got when we would finally break the wall down that got a student stuck on a particular area of the subject. A lot of my Co-workers were friends, which made coming to work more enjoyable. There was nothing i disliked about working for PBSC and at the end of the day i knew i had helped a student with something they did not understand before hand.
Pros
Casual work environment
Cons
N/A
great workplace, loved working there
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lake worth FLJuly 5, 2015
learning environment, great staff, fun, clean and organized, some of the best equipment used on daily basis. flexible schedule, local cafeteria
Great place to work!
Reading Tutor (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLMay 29, 2015
A typical work day involved helping students develop skills they need to progress to ENC1101, disbursing, and grading exams. Learned how to be a better helper and adapt to different styles of learning. Management was the best! Co-workers were the best! Hardest part of the job was leaving. The most enjoyable part was helping students and the positive work environment.
Great work place
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lake WorthMay 27, 2015
I've been at PBSC as an adjunct instructor for 3 years and LOVE IT! Very friendly co-workers and great atmosphere. Main campus: Lake Worth
Cons
n/a
Extremely fun job with lots of human interaction
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth FloridaMay 26, 2015
This job was very good as you got to interact with everybody and work at whatever pace was suitable for you. The management team was also superb doing everything to make sure you were comfortable even buying sweaters.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Lack of hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Palm Beach State College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4