Palm Beach State College Employee Reviews

good place to teach
Adjunct Professor, Political Science (Current Employee) –  Belle Glade, FLFebruary 17, 2018
students are excited to learn and small campus gives chance to interact with students in and out class. Adminsration leaves faculty alone for most part and respond quickly to issues.
Pros
freedom
Cons
poor pay low chance to advance
Enjoy working with the students
Instructor, Business Communication (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLFebruary 14, 2018
The students in my classes bring a variety of educational backgrounds, cultures, upbringing, and points of view. Most are very polite and intelligent. Many work hard and put much effort into their achievements.
Demanding at times but a rewarding exiperence helping people.
Financial Aid Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLFebruary 1, 2018
Check on students documentation, contact student if they were missing documents needed. Learned all about about people and communication skills with various understanding of the process.
student
Student (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJanuary 23, 2018
great place to continue your education
staff are always happy to assist nice clean school with a lot of perks
tutorial study areas, gym, near by restaurants on staff security
It was fun to Help the students and the staff members
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJanuary 22, 2018
It was a good place to work. The staff members was nice and the student was helpful always get our job job done on time and help each other. I always make sure the customers leave happy
Collaborative Workplace
Adjunct Professor of Mathematics (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FL 33461January 2, 2018
PBSC has a very helpful work culture. However, there are no benefits for adjunct (part time) professors. There is a 3 class limit for adjuncts each semester, but no guarantee that you will be employed for three classes or even at all each semester. I am fortunate that I have had at least one class since I started in August 2011.
Pros
collaborative atmosphere
Cons
no benefits
Very professional
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Belle Glade, FLDecember 20, 2017
The staff is very cooperative. I feel comfortable working there. The distance could be a issue for me. Probably some day I will be living in Palm beach county
Great job for Students
Reception/ Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLDecember 9, 2017
I had the privilege to work at the lake worth campus and I met great people. This is a great job for students who need the extra cash.I would recommend this job to all my student friends.
Dream Job
Surgical Technology Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLNovember 20, 2017
Although there are risks of not having a student at times, I enjoy sharing my knowledge with students and future colleagues. My day starts early and there's a lot of questions to be answered. I'm a leader to my students and a cheerleader for their small and large achievements.
Part time job
Supplemental Instructor for Intermediate Algebra (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 15, 2017
My job at Palm Beach State College suited my schedule perfectly as i was a full time student at PBSC. I got the chance to work with enthusiastic students and help them with their advancement in an intermediate algebra course.
Pros
Easy schedule
Supplemental Instructor
Supplemental Instructor Leader (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLNovember 15, 2017
It was a great place to hone in on my leadership skills and get to know my peers better. I enjoyed helping students that were struggling in their studies according to their learning style.
Pros
I worked on my own and was trusted to adhere to schedule.
Cons
There were no cons.
excellent culture, and diversity
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 2, 2017
Excellent place to work, understanding and very helpful. Typical day lecture and office hours. Management is excellent provides tool to perform the job effectively.
Great organization
Educator (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLOctober 29, 2017
I enjoyed coming to work every day. I cant say anything negative about the organization. It was truly a pleasure to work with the students and my managers.
Excellent
Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 12, 2017
Very good place to work. The work environment was exceptional with personal willing to assist one at any given time. I recommend this organizations one hundred percent.
Like it
Adjunct Faculty, Palm Beach Community College (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLSeptember 28, 2017
I liked working at Palm Beach College and would have liked to have had a full time position but not were open at the time. They offer a large variety of classes.
Adjunct Professor is a great match for me.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLSeptember 28, 2017
I enjoy interacting online, part time with mature College level students. In the past, I've trained our Directory Assistance (a.k.a. 411) customers worldwide. I've also taught in the Palm Beach Public school district the children were a little immature, so it was a challenge.
I've been in Tech Support my entire career & I love troubleshooting.
Great place to work.
Manager of Testing Center (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 19, 2017
Everyday is very routine and it's an enjoyable place to work. A typical day of work would involve having discussions with faculty and other staff members on how to improve my department operation to service their needs.One of the best place I ever work.
Pros
Work life Balance
School
Editor, Motherhood - Student Short Film (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLSeptember 16, 2017
School. School is school. Not a good film program. Would never recommend. I did learn some valuable things though,wasn't a complete waste. I need to gill 150 characters
Awesome place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLSeptember 6, 2017
It was a family there, everyone helped everyone and we worked together as a team. It was sad to leave after nine years of employment, I received my education there, but I had to look for better pay.
Pros
everything
Cons
education pays poorly - what a shame
STUDENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLAugust 18, 2017
Great working with others. Every day at work is always an eventful day. The hardest part of the job is locating all the materials for one event. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with other students.
Pros
Interacting
Cons
short breaks